• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 1 is now dead

Oh no I only got 320 achievement points, I'm never gonna get the rest now.

Oh well, given the last time I logged in was April 17, 2017 I doubt I would never have done it anyway lol.
Me and a friend of mine managed to get 100% of the trophies on ps4 years ago. Yes, including all the added characters. So proud to have that on our trophies card.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Pouring Austin Powers GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Me and a friend of mine managed to get 100% of the trophies on ps4 years ago. Yes, including all the added characters. So proud to have that on our trophies card.
I'm 36, my time has has exceeded the achievement hunter days and my time has become way more precious than farming achievements in games.

Even games i enjoy i dont care about it. I like to get them, but I no longer hunt them.

I mean, if you enjoyed every hour doing it then it's awesome, but I knew I would never have logged into the game anyway.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm 36, my time has has exceeded the achievement hunter days and my time has become way more precious than farming achievements in games.

Even games i enjoy i dont care about it. I like to get them, but I no longer hunt them.

I mean, if you enjoyed every hour doing it then it's awesome, but I knew I would never have logged into the game anyway.
I never hunt them either.

If they happen organically along the way great if not, I won't lose any sleep

I put a lot of hours into OW1 though I haven't played in a couple of years, will try 2 though being F2P
Toy Story Goodbye GIF

jaysius

Banned

Unused currency will transfer over to OW 2 but I wouldn't be shocked if it was greatly devalued.

I am 32. I did it when I was 29. You are never too old for the funisies!.

But yeah I hear what you are saying. I slowed down a but myself.

Last edited:

EDMIX

smh, what a fucking scummy thing to do.

Years ago talking about the XONE DRM thing, I brought up some publisher might do this with titles to force people over to some new game, though it was just a theory that one could do this with such a set up, I forgot to factor that with online games, that is always in the air for some company to do some scumbag shit like that.

I say, let the fans keep playing the older titles, let the fans who want the new one to move on. That is generally how thats worked with big MP titles, but to do some shit like purposely kill the servers to force folks on the new game is really scummy. I don't play this series, but feel sorry for those who built a community behind it.

I'm happy I never got into it, I still fucking play BF4 till dis day lol

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Unused currency will transfer over to OW 2 but I wouldn't be shocked if it was greatly devalued.
I guess my 3000 something will be devalued by 3000 percent to fix the hoarders who wasted the last five years hoarding.

jaysius

Banned
I guess my 3000 something will be devalued by 3000 percent to fix the hoarders who wasted the last five years hoarding.
Well that's not the reason it'll be devalued, it's devauled because OW 2 is a F2P game so the entire economy will be fucking trash.

https%3A%2F%2Feditors.dexerto.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F06%2F22%2Fscreenshot-overwatch-2-reddit-AMA.jpg

Fuck, I just found this, so the currency will be greatly devalued.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
If you had 1 and logged in after a certain date (which I don't know what date that was) you got some goodies and the ability to preload 2

If not you have to wait until it goes live in a little over 26 hours
Damn. I do have 1. Reinstalled it yesterday, didn't login. Oh well

Patrick S.

Banned
smh, what a fucking scummy thing to do.

Years ago talking about the XONE DRM thing, I brought up some publisher might do this with titles to force people over to some new game, though it was just a theory that one could do this with such a set up, I forgot to factor that with online games, that is always in the air for some company to do some scumbag shit like that.

I say, let the fans keep playing the older titles, let the fans who want the new one to move on. That is generally how thats worked with big MP titles, but to do some shit like purposely kill the servers to force folks on the new game is really scummy. I don't play this series, but feel sorry for those who built a community behind it.

I'm happy I never got into it, I still fucking play BF4 till dis day lol
I still remember the 10 year plan for Destiny 1...

PhoenixTank

Well that's not the reason it'll be devalued, it's devauled because OW 2 is a F2P game so the entire economy will be fucking trash.

https%3A%2F%2Feditors.dexerto.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F06%2F22%2Fscreenshot-overwatch-2-reddit-AMA.jpg

Fuck, I just found this, so the currency will be greatly devalued.

• Skins Rare are 75 in Overwatch, 300 in Overwatch 2 (less than $1, now $3)
  • Skins Epic are 250 in Overwatch, 1,000 in Overwatch 2 (less than $3, now $10)
  • Skins Legendary are 1,000 in Overwatch, 1,900 in Overwatch 2 ($10, now almost $20)
  • Emotes are 250 in Overwatch, 500 in Overwatch 2 (less than $3, now $5)
  • Victory Poses are 75 in Overwatch, 300 in Overwatch 2 (less than $1, now $3)
  • Voice Lines are 25 in Overwatch, 100 in Overwatch 2 (less than $1, now $1)
  • Sprays are 25 in Overwatch, 100 in Overwatch 2 (less than $1, now $1)
  • Highlight Intros are 250 in Overwatch, 700 in Overwatch 2 (less than $3, now $7)

Top Bottom