• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outsourcing and TV to Blame for Halo Infinite Woes

Jaybe

Brad is more reputable than 343, I'll remind you of this.
  • Brad Sams: I've heard MP is delayed
  • 343: "Nothing to see here folks, this is not true" quoted because this is the actual tweet Brian Jarrard posted
  • 343: Halo Infinite is delayed and is now a 2021 title
  • Brad Sams: Calls Brian out on his shit.
Watch the video. It's great. 343 has zero credibility left. Kind of like you MrFunSocks MrFunSocks . Ever thought of applying to be 343's new community manager?

Ok so I think I’ve got this right now....

Brad Sams: Thing happened at 343

343 employee: no it didnt

Brad: I’m just saying what I think happened and I know you’re being forced to lie to make 343 look good

343 employee: no I’m not, I’m just correcting you

Brad: it’s my truth

SonyGAF: you go Brad Sams you hero

Last edited:
Daily reminder that if you have any criticisms at all or you're not going out of your way to defend everything MS does, you were never a fan of Halo and you are problaly a sony fanboy. Nope. You never liked halo or anything else on Xbox. Ever.

Stop concern trolling. Get Gamepass.

In Phil we trust. Phil and Bonnie need 15 years atleast to shine.

Last edited:

Chiggs

What did he get banned for?

Grooming a woman. Edit: nope.

DCstlIv.png

Remember, Microsoft has never been better. Even when compared to their 360 heyday.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

Technically, that's Matt Booty's job.
This, this, this!!!

I'm convinced now Booty is the weak link in the whole X Box structure, he just isnt good enough at his job

Shouldn't have let Ferguson go to Blizzard and dumped money into his front yard to get him to stay on and overseas 1st party production, he got Gears games out and on time and knows how to fulfill a mandate

Booty is flimsy

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Amazing how big SJW preaching goodie two shoes are always secretly the biggest tards. Just a matter of time before they show their true colours.
Being an SJW comes back to bite everyone in the ass, it's really no different than communism... and we see how that's turned out all over the world.

Just keep it simple and don't expect anything good from MS and the Xbox brand anymore. They had a damn good path in front of them for the next generation and quite frankly instead of sticking to the freeway with newly paved road they decided to turn left and take the dirt road back to bullshit land.

On top of that 343 is a lousy dev team and shouldn't have the Halo IP at all.

Rikkori

I can't help but laugh when they said 2 creative directors went out the window within 2 months of each other and 343 puts out a statement saying there's no internal disagreements. LOL! Thank fuck I'm not a Halo fan, this would be such a gut punch. Sadly I'm all too familiar with Microsoft turning beloved franchises to shit #RIPAOEO

dumpster-fire.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm confused.

The gameplay demo we saw was outsourced and pre-rendered?
The 2019 demo.

If you go back and watch the E3 trailer of Halo Infinite in 2019, that game looks remarkably better than what was shown in July of 2020. How can a game decline significantly in quality with an additional year of development time? It doesn’t make sense and if you go back to the 2018 announcement of the title and the demo of what the Slip Space engine is capable of creating, the July event looks even worse.

It’s my understanding that the 2019 trailer was again outsourced and at that time, the game was not in a state that was playable at that level of fidelity. Even though the trailer says “Game Engine Footage” – this is a nebulous term as we don’t know if this is an attempt to show what gameplay would look like (not plausible at this time based on what we have seen) or what cut-scenes would look like which is the more plausible explanation but this vastly over-sold expectation for Infinite’s later demos.

Shifty1897

The report suggests that the marketing and engineering teams behind Halo Infinite "have been on two different planets,"
To be fair, this is every marketing team for every software developer in the world. Wild promises, exaggerations, and copying the playbooks of industry leaders. Pushing forward with no changes even when the engineers are sending up flares and signaling that things are barely/not working.

Then your customer is pissed when they can't run your app on a Fitbit while they're on the moon and the blowback is on the engineering team.

MS has improved the games like sea of thieves etc.

I suspect they had this casual attitude towards development as it was supposed to be 10 yrs GAAS.

But had to course correct due to backlash.

Whatever it is, I just hope they replace that ugly antagonist with Craig.

MayauMiao

From the article, it sounded like Xbox itself is a mess but we're getting positive "Phil Spencer says.." vibe because of the marketing team bullshit.

Chiggs

already debunked though:

Well, I guess that settles it. 343i has denied the claim, and what possible motivation would they have to lie? Let’s just go with their track record of incredible efforts as proof of their trustworthiness.

Oh, and let’s just ignore this:

While 343's response rebukes this claim, the spokesperson did not speak to the report's claim that "a significant portion of the game is being outsourced to third-party contractors," which the report described as a source of some of Halo Infinite's alleged development problems

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For anyone bringing up the company defending internal struggles, you can't believe any company is going to publicly air dirty laundry.

But if this rumour is true that the outsourced company made a demo that's leagues better than what the internal team's actual product is, that's totally messed up. And that goes beyond the usual PC rig bullshot where they know what they're doing influencing gamers. This issue seems out of scope being a total mixed message kind of thing.

recursive

So.....at what point do we start looking at MS too for this Halo Infinite failure? Surely they knew of all of these management issues at 343 years ago right? So, aren't they supposed to come in and clean things up at some point?
Careful, this will bring the fanboys out of the bushes to protect their mancrush Phil at any cost.

Wimbledon

This is nothing new 343i always focused on external media. More so than the actual games, I've never felt like they had their priorities set.

You have....

1. Hunt the truth (like a mini in-universe pod following a journalist)- This was really awesome work but it didn't translate into the game.
2. Hunt the signal ( locke had a breakdown of chiefs armor the weakpoints etc) - How it appeared in-game not impressive
3. The Halo short film movie which showed the background on locke - no words is was that bad
4. The halo comics - which stopped because they axed a lot of the EU, in favor of following another storyline. Some impressive stuff though.
5. Halo books - THERE BEST WORK
6. Then this halo tv show and the marketing and trying to get that right.....
7. Halo toys

Like there focus, their message, they're more focused on building a platform, there not focused on the most important thing which is the games. Halo 4 needed fixing, Halo 5 needed fixing and it didn't have everything at launch it needed to add game modes that should have been there from there start. Then we have Halo MCC , that game was a travesty.

Heads are going to role I've been saying this on this forum for awhile now, the leadership at 343i needs to be replaced. Bonnie, Kiki wolfkill, and Frankie need to go. The message should have been making a great game! This whole situation makes me look at Phil Spencer negatively theirs no way he didn't know about this, what message was he putting out to them!

Like I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong, but i don't believe I will. There needs to be changes and leadership at MS! They need to pull the plug and focus on the games, making a great space opera again......#MakeHaloGreatAgain!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Ok so I think I’ve got this right now....

Brad Sams: Thing happened at 343

343 employee: no it didnt

Brad: I’m just saying what I think happened and I know you’re being forced to lie to make 343 look good

343 employee: no I’m not, I’m just correcting you

Brad: it’s my truth

SonyGAF: you go Brad Sams you hero

At this point, how can you NOT think Brad is closer to the truth, than 343?

From the article:

"Apparently, the E3 2019 trailer for Halo Infinite was outsourced while the game was not in a playable state, which "over-sold expectations for Infinite's later demos." The report suggests that the marketing and engineering teams behind Halo Infinite "have been on two different planets," which has also led to issues in messaging the game."

It kinda makes more sense why people were leaving in 2019 now, try and get as far as away as possible from the blast wave. The whole distraction with the TV show just makes it even more stupid, did management forget they were supposed to be making a game or...?
Sounds similar to Halo 5 and Locke vs Chief now that I think about it.

Dane

already debunked though:

Why would it even have any impact on the game? Doesn't make any sense at all.

No company will go out therre and confirm, even BradSams gave ""rough"" responses on them.

Let's be clear and honest here, IMO Phil Spencer overall work is great, but 343i is a stepping stone, it's clear that Microsoft wanted to milk this franchise and had zero care for setting guidelines and stuff, the management team is composed by people with zero experience on managing AAA studios and has been all about non game stuff for the franchise. For me, they should have either "ended" or gave a hiatus after Halo Reach to give a fresh air. Switching developers when the former one had an excellent job is extremely tough because most times the new one will never live up the same quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom