• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders Demo - PS5 and Series X graphics and performance comparison

N30RYU

tenor.gif

Last edited:
you smart dj khaled GIF by namslam

Am I doing this right??????

GAF about to make *checks notes* GameOnDaily the biggest analyst channel on YT. Next time put the source in the thread title so I can save a click, please.

Outriders gonna be the next Dirt 5. Based on the demo thread, a game hardly anyone here will play but everyone will talk about if PS5 has an advantage of any sort.

Assuming all the results are valid, and reproduced by any of the big dogs, definitely looks like Series version needs some optimizations. As for lighting, the devs confirmed that HDR tonemaps and other some other visual aspects are broken/non-existent in the demo.

I would wait for the retail release before waving any victory flags.

Last edited:
Ah, the good ol reliable tech channel ... gameondaily ???!!!

Seems we're living in times when random nobodies plaster some bullshit lines over some footage and call it an analysis.

Septics site?

I know that game on daily is a site that's supposed to be a clone of N4G. At least that's what it was the last time I looked at it.

onesvenus

Do they talk about those differences in lightning, shadowing and DOF?
The article linked on the video mentions that but I just skipped over the video and couldn't find any reference to it.

Do they talk about those differences in lightning, shadowing and DOF?
The article linked on the video mentions that but I just skipped over the video and couldn't find any reference to it.

They did. They said the PS5 has better lighting while the XSX has better shadows. Out of the two versions the PS5 has the most stable framerate. That's basically the sum of the video.

I agree that using a demo as a "win" is just as silly as using a BC game as a "win." It's fair to point that out in either direction.

Seems we're living in times when random nobodies plaster some bullshit lines over some footage and call it an analysis.

Yeah.

Console Wars drive clicks more than anything else in gaming right now. Just look at this channel. This video got more views already than their last two combined. Almost all their videos that get over 1k have something "Xbox vs PS5" related in the title.

Last edited:

Elog

You know it's peak desparation time when some rando channel comparing a demo version while doing basically no in-depth analysis gets posted. Hitman 3 and Ghost Recon (where the XSS runs on par with the PS5) must still sting.
XSX has since launch outperformed the PS5 in one (1) title - Hitman 3. You can blame tools or whatever but that is the verdict so far.

BC is ofc better on the XSX since the PS5 is locked into emulating a PS4 Pro while XSX has hardware based back compat. I am not sure I should cry, laugh or start to call people idiots for bringing up BC titles at this point.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I couldn't test it because squenix tells me my email are invalid, even though they're working gmail addresses. I guess saved me some time and money.

SLB1904

Banned
you smart dj khaled GIF by namslam

Am I doing this right??????

GAF about to make *checks notes* GameOnDaily the biggest analyst channel on YT. Next time put the source in the thread title so I can save a click, please.

Outriders gonna be the next Dirt 5. Based on the demo thread, a game hardly anyone here will play but everyone will talk about if PS5 has an advantage of any sort.

Assuming all the results are valid, and reproduced by any of the big dogs, definitely looks like Series version needs some optimizations. As for lighting, the devs confirmed that HDR tonemaps and other some other visual aspects are broken/non-existent in the demo.

I would wait for the retail release before waving any victory flags.
whispers... eats monsters for breakfast

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You know it's peak desparation time when some rando channel comparing a demo version while doing basically no in-depth analysis gets posted. Hitman 3 and Ghost Recon (where the XSS runs on par with the PS5) must still sting.
You know its desperation when Digital Foundry (a non-rando channel) says PS5 limited by PS4 Pro version via BC mode, but you ignore that fact because you're desperate to give Xbox a win.

Top Bottom