• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders demo | impressions thread

MaulerX

I finally gave it a shot and thought it was... fine. The graphics and performance are pretty solid. The story I honestly didn't care about. I eventually found myself just skipping the dialogue and cutscenes cause it just felt so uninspired to me, unfortunately. The characters as well.

The gameplay was the best part, but even then it felt like nothing new. Nothing was striking me that felt particularly good about it. A part of me almost wanted to preorder it because I really want a new solid game, and it comes out next month. But the truth is, I didn't find anything about it particularly interesting or great. We've played games like this several years ago, and some of them did what this was trying to do, better.

Just my opinion of course! I'm sure there are people that played it and are super hyped about it. I'm envious of those folks!

Pretty much exactly how I felt after playing the demo. Demo didn't convince me to go out and buy the game. If the rumors are true about it maybe coming to Gamepass then I'll give it a go. Otherwise ehhh....

Raven117

Gold Member
Gave this a shot as well. Gameplay felt pretty good. A mix of The Division, Anthem, and Mass Effect.

Not going to rush out and buy this on day 1, but might on sale. For Gamepass, it would be a good choice.

wardener89

Neo Member
Is this game worth preordering for on Playstation 5? And will it run at dynamic 4k targeting mostly at 4k resolution at 60fps in performance mode? How's audio synchronization of characters in this game? I had a lot of technical issues with that audio problem in the early demo version on PS5.

Gediminas

Banned
Is this game worth preordering for on Playstation 5? And will it run at dynamic 4k targeting mostly at 4k resolution at 60fps in performance mode? How's audio synchronization of characters in this game? I had a lot of technical issues with that audio problem in the early demo version on PS5.
how we should know that? when we get reviews in, when VG or NX gamer will do comparisons, then we gonna know it. if you don't feel it, don't buy it. wait.

Luipadre

Its dynamic but who cares? It's crisp as fuck and runs at locked 60. Audio problem is already fixed in the demo. They patched it 3!!! times. A freakin demo. I cant wait for the full version, the demo is really just scratching the surface if you watch some late game videos with all the abilities, gear and enemy types

anothertech

went back and played some destiny 2 and man outriders doesn't compare. Canned my preorder. After getting burnt on so many of these games (division 2, anthem, avengers) I'll just wait for a sale if I have to get it. Hopefully the Cyberpunk PC patch hits shortly before it comes out so I got something else to play.
I would counter with Destiny 2 storytelling doesn't compare. The Lore is great, it's such a shame they can't tell their story in a coherent way.

Shmunter

went back and played some destiny 2 and man outriders doesn't compare. Canned my preorder. After getting burnt on so many of these games (division 2, anthem, avengers) I'll just wait for a sale if I have to get it. Hopefully the Cyberpunk PC patch hits shortly before it comes out so I got something else to play.
You wash that whore mouth about Division 2

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I could never get into The Division or Borderlands, but for some reason Outriders clicks with me. Just a matter of personal taste.

Samrf89

I'm digging this pretty hard, especially considering all the possible build combinations. Also, people that are complaining about the cover system, the game opens up and doesn't really offer much to hide behind after the demo.

Top Bottom