• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders demo | impressions thread

cormack12

Gold Member
Can't preload the demo, but it's up now in AUS I think (for PS5).

ZoArTN.jpg

Here are the unlock times

outriders-demo-release-date-time.jpg

The Outriders demo launches on February 25. Here's everything you need to know.

YOU CAN TRY OUTRIDERS EARLY FOR FREE! Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly and publisher Square Enix are getting ready to launch this cooperative, sci-fi, third-person shooter game on April 1, 2021. As this is an unproven new franchise, Square Enix is giving fans the opportunity to experience a large chunk of the game for themselves before launch.

Ahead of the demo's release, the official Twitter account revealed lots of new details about the demo. Here's everything you'd want to know about the Outriders demo before trying it out later this week.

The Outriders demo will be available on every platform that the game is on, with one exception. PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X players all can try out the game at the aforementioned release time. The only platform that is being left in the dust is Google Stadia.

Square Enix and People Can Fly have also confirmed the demo's file size across PC and console. On PC, the file size is expected to be at least 24 GB. Console players, on the other hand, only need to allocate 22 GB of hard drive space for the demo. This is a fairly small file size, but it can't be pre-loaded.

WILL OUTRIDERS DEMO PROGRESS CARRY OVER TO THE FULL GAME?
While the Outriders demo install won't turn into the full game for players that decide to purchase the third-person shooter, some progress will carry over. The demo itself will include Outriders' prologue, first chapter, and sidequest.

All four of the game's classes will be available, and any of these weapons and resources players or progress they make on the character will carry over to the final game. Still, there are caps to how many resources players can collect, as well as a level cap of 7 and difficulty of World Tier 5.

Progress can be carried over as long as you're staying within the same platform ecosystem. For example, PS4 progress will transfer to the PS5 version of the game, but not to Xbox Series X. The demo does not contain any unique achievements.

VN1X

Banned
Wish I could pre-load it already as I get off work late.

First world problems I know but yeah... I'm a bit excited for a new People Can Fly game.

Game needs some polish, but it feels really good.

Man, the voice acting is way, way better than I expected!
I was surprised by the end of the story how diverse and unforced the npcs were. Really neatly done without having race and skin colour as their defining character.

Jakub is a great side character.

Mr.ODST

Devs just confirmed they got the resolution wrong for Series S and it will in fact run in upscaled 4K at 60fps, could potentially see the tools working 😁

Thanks for the thread cormack12 cormack12

Really lookin forward to trying this. Gonna test each class as much as I can. just about 20 more minutes ,right?

Universal crossplay is cool with co-op games. Can't wait to hop in

Last edited:
Getting an error anytime I try to add the demo to my PS5 library.

Downloaded fine on Steam though, will keep trying on PSN while I boot up the PC version

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I did really love replaying Bulletstorm last year, hopefully this will feel as good as that did. The blue fire disintegration until only the skeleton is left is... fire. Worth a shot for free eh!

Malachai

Gold Member
Anybody know how you are supposed to select a story point on the main menu in order to start the game?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Only got to a bit of the gunplay before the servers (inevitably) shit the bed but it was as snappy as it looked in gameplay.

Performance is also REALLY good. Shame the cutscenes are locked 30.

. . . however I have no idea why EAC is in this.

MiguelItUp

Watching another buddy of mine stream this. He played through the story quests and is trying to go do the side quests, but he got booted, lmao.

It looks pretty cool, at least the shooting mechanics and combat. The skill trees, the loot, etc. Easily the best parts of the game. The characters, art, dialogue, etc. Is all pretty.... generic. Watchin him play it, it was pretty amusing how it felt like ALL the trope boxes were being checked off.

He was saying that the combat feels SO good that he's bummed that there's no PVP, which I could understand feeling that way.

Still not really sure where I sit on this, but I guess I'll keep watching from the sidelines.

GymWolf

Only got to a bit of the gunplay before the servers (inevitably) shit the bed but it was as snappy as it looked in gameplay.

Performance is also REALLY good. Shame the cutscenes are locked 30.

. . . however I have no idea why EAC is in this.
Eac?!

Rossco EZ

had it downloaded, every time i tried to play it crashed back to home screen so i deleted it. reinstalled and then xbox kept asking me if i own this (it’s a demo you fucks!) deleted again and now it won’t even show up for download

Time and time again, all the azure and cloud and rollout maps and machine learning and AWS in the world and these clowns still can’t figure out how to rollout out an always online game. Our servers were hammered? 😂 in 2021 this is the best you have?

*woops I fucked up, it’s because of COVID right? Yes, COVID attacked the servers and we must safely distance ourselves from the servers via zoom calls and …

Last edited:

whyman

Time and time again, all the azure and cloud and rollout maps and machine learning and AWS in the world and these clowns still can’t figure out how to rollout out an always online game. Our servers were hammered? 😂 in 2021 this is the best you have?
That is why they release a demo. But they should have called it Beta Test.

Top Bottom