• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders - Creating a New Universe | PS4, PS5, XB1, XsX, Stadia, PC

Panaphonics

Banned
Don’t tell me that these are PS5 graphics. Lol after Godfall this is the second disappointment of „nextgen“ graphics

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
This is the division isnt it?

In a few ways, yeah. But there's magic and abilities which doesn't exist in Division. Plus, Outriders isn't open world. And of course, it's sci-fi as opposed to being realistic like The Division is. Majority of gameplay and combat, for the most part, it's like The Division but in other aspects, not at all.

I’m really rooting for this game. I hope it ends up being awesome. I’ll be there Day One to try it. When I watched a couple streams of gameplay it struck me as a tad underwhelming

Don’t tell me that these are PS5 graphics. Lol after Godfall this is the second disappointment of „nextgen“ graphics
Well, if you look at the videos posted you can see that the game don't even have the playstation button prompts. It's clearly the same pc version that they already shown at the announcement. It's not like they are trying to hide it o something, it's pretty obvious and reasonable.

However you better set your expectations low for multi-platform, cross-gen, mutiplayer games. They will not be a graphical showcase anyway, so accept that or prepare yourself to be unsurprisingly disappointed

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
While it's true the graphics are as bad as Godfall, I think the art-style is infinitely superior and the game looks kind of interesting to me. If it can be played totally solo I might pick this up when it's in the bargain bin if it doesn't come to Game Pass.

Shmunter

So what’s the deal with this game? Is a blend of genres and styles? What’s it best represented by?

Last edited:

drotahorror

I find this dude pretty informative when it comes to ARPG's and the like. From what he says, this game does sound promising

Just some quick takes
  • You have 3 abilities it seems with a total of 8 to play around with
  • Not GaaS. Most likely paid expansions
  • No PVP - focus on SP, which can be good because they no longer have to balance skills around PVP and can go all out
  • The World difficulty increases automatically based on how well you're doing. You can change it at any time based on what world level you are, otherwise it goes up and down based on how you play.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Does this game have potential? Square Enix is concerning themselves with something other than Final Fantasy which is great.

You know, I have been expecting just another generic looter shooter but it sounds like build diversity could be pretty wide and I just dig loot and leveling. I am all aboard for this

Rikkori

It looks better than when they first showed it but it's still somehow flat looking graphically, but I don't know what it is exactly. It makes it unappealing.

Pretty glowing IGN preview

Outriders has the best abilities that I’ve ever used in a looter-shooter. It’s a power trip approach to supernatural skills unlike anything I’ve played in the genre

Last edited:

martino

tenor.gif

Ogbert

Pretty glowing IGN preview

Fingers crossed. That’s a good preview.

It’s just that I’ve played so many looter shooters, I’ve got a definite sense of burnout. But if it *feels* good to play then I’ll give it a go.

Plus, big fan of the graphics being scaled back to focus on 60fps.

At least this looks to have way more fun gameplay with these abilities in the mix and loks way less boring aesthetically than gears of war.
Fingers crossed. That’s a good preview.

It’s just that I’ve played so many looter shooters, I’ve got a definite sense of burnout. But if it *feels* good to play then I’ll give it a go.

Plus, big fan of the graphics being scaled back to focus on 60fps.

What has me excited is the talk of build variety, sounds like you could go with an extreme all-powers/no guns build if you wanted, and everything in between. I dig a varied leveling system

Contrastly, Outriders arrives with the advantage of having an entire generation’s worth of successes and mistakes to learn from. And what has been shown so far of Outriders appears to demonstrate that People Can Fly are pulling a little bit from everything to create something unique and polished.

Outriders gameplay appears to mix The Division’s third-person combat with the fantastical elements of Destiny. It is set on an exotic planet filled with gritty sci-fi enemies, far removed from any semblance of realism seen in games like The Division.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all in for Outriders and even if the game takes a hit in resolution to ensure a locked 60FPS and smooth performance, im all for it because the game will look great regardless as aesthetic and art direction has much more to do than just resolution.

I'm honestly expecting an 80+ on Open Critic and even if it's lower, im still in as this will be my looter shooter until the eventual Division 3. I'm still hyped for Godfall as well because that's a looter slasher.

My only complaint in regards to Outriders is that while they showed good customization options for the HUD, I didn't see an option to turn off the red arrow enemy detection meter. Hoping it's in the final build of the game. Other than that, im looking forward to the game itself and the monthly videos even though they should just be uploaded as a video instead of streamed as I had buffering while watching at 1080P/60FPS but as a video, I had no issues.

With that all said, it's definitely one of my guaranteed launch title purchases.

I'm all in for Outriders and even if the game takes a hit in resolution to ensure a locked 60FPS and smooth performance, im all for it because the game will look great regardless as aesthetic and art direction has much more to do than just resolution.

I'm honestly expecting an 80+ on Open Critic and even if it's lower, im still in as this will be my looter shooter until the eventual Division 3. I'm still hyped for Godfall as well because that's a looter slasher.

My only complaint in regards to Outriders is that while they showed good customization options for the HUD, I didn't see an option to turn off the red arrow enemy detection meter. Hoping it's in the final build of the game. Other than that, im looking forward to the game itself and the monthly videos even though they should just be uploaded as a video instead of streamed as I had buffering while watching at 1080P/60FPS but as a video, I had no issues.

With that all said, it's definitely one of my guaranteed launch title purchases.

If they promise (and example shown) of robust build varieties holds true then it could be a winner

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
This is the most generic looking third person shooter on the market. The animations are horrible, looks like 360 era movement.

Ozzie666

This isn't usually my type of game, but I did have a bit of fun with Division 1 and 2. This actually looks more interesting than Avengers, which is surprising because I love Marvel, Comics and Avengers in general. I hope the next gen version makes it a good purchase, definitely keeping my eye on this one.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
They've definitely upgraded the game since those two Broadcast videos. A lot of effects and particles on the screen. A bunch of enemies and overall, looks real good. Definitely day one purchase for me. Just need to know their post launch plans and roadmap so I know if im buying this game on disc or digital.

Top Bottom