• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders ‘New Horizon’ update launches November 16, ‘Worldslayers’ expansion in 2022

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Publisher Square Enix and developer People Can Fly have announced the free Outriders update “New Horizon” and paid expansion “Worldslayer.” The former will launch on November 16, while the latter in due out in 2022.

Outriders: New Horizon Update Spotlight:​

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Color me surprised. Game was on the verge of being really great but just felt a bit underbaked. Id glady check out an updated game.

VN1X

Banned
Ooooh! Perfect! Just picked this back up again this week (about 10 hours in as I dropped it at launch due to poor performance) so I'm glad I have even more outriding to look forward to later.

It's the perfect podcast game tbh.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Gears 5 hivebusters is an exception, DLC isn't on gamepass.
Fair enough.

I guess I don't need the extra content. I've been playing on and off for several months and still haven't beaten it. It is a very meaty campaign. Very fun game. More folks should check it out.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Let it die square. Move on
It's #6 on Steam today, and at $20.. the list is done by revenue. Which means it is selling more than 3 times as much today as Elden Ring below it at $60.

Likely based on a sale + this news.. and then a paid DLC will come out, available to probably a few million players across multiple storefronts/devices.

So many people just seem to not understand how the business of gaming works lol

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Update to expeditions. . .well the removal of timers. . . is fantastic. I'm sure the difficulty has been increased to compensate maybe? Still the timers were annoying and just making the content more bespoke is a good fix with its removal.

. . .as for the DLC, will have to see how that looks before getting too excited, but game at least warrants another go at.

These are nice changes but they are WAY overdue. I uninstalled the game ages ago.

That said, I'll be on board for the expansion because I really enjoyed the story in the game.

Ywap

Does anyone know if this update has been deployed on gamepass pc yet and is included in the installation files?

Uhhh, so I picked this up a while ago and never played it. Saw the new update and decided to jump in and try it out but....the game has crazy controller drift, it is quite unplayable.
I just got done playing a few rounds of Issac, it definitely isn't my controller but I even tried my spare just to make sure and got the same results.
As soon as I touch a stick, character starts moving and doesn't stop. Aiming is equally impossible. I dialed stick sensitivity down to 1 and that doesn't help.
Not experiencing this issue with any other game. Is this a common problem or related to the update? I saw some controller complaints online for the pc, but I'm running it on a ps5.

edit: guess I had to adjust deadzone settings. wtf, I've been playing fps's for decades on console and pc and never had to do this before.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
the game has crazy controller drift, it is quite unplayable.
No, the game just have lesser deadzone than the other games you play. Changing sensitivty doesn't work. Set your deadzone to a higher value - but you'll probably have to return your controller at some point, cause it's only going to get worse from here on out.

I've experienced controller drift to varying degrees since analog sticks became the norm. I'm pretty picky about my controller, I usually replace it every year or two when I feel it gettin all loosey goosey.

I've never once had to fuck with deadzones for a game, ever. EVERY controller will have a bit of stick wonkiness, having the default setting at zero is kinda dumb. Hell, I can't even remember seeing deadzone settings before because I've never had to mess with them.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
edit: guess I had to adjust deadzone settings. wtf, I've been playing fps's for decades on console and pc and never had to do this before.
Deadzone adjustment is a blessing for consoles! Not because of drifty sticks, but it gives extremely tight/responsive controls. Apex Legends has had it since day 1. Halo Infinite got it after major outcry from fans. Every console FPS which doesn't have it in the future, will feel the repercussions.

Kagey K

Banned
I had it glitch yesterday where my guy would just wander around on his own, and the look camera was crazy fucking fast. Turns out its a known issue that can be fixed, but I deleted it and redownloaded it, logged into different games and zones and deleted, redownloaded and deleted again before I saw the fix.

Apparently you just have to go to options and reset the controller to default. Haven't bothered redownloading it a 3rd time to see if it works.

manfestival

They removed timers.

Cool. Will reinstall. Happy to run a few expeditions.
What were these timers you are referring to? I played the demo at release and installed it on gamepass because it just got put on there and plan on diving into the game finally

8BiTw0LF

Banned
What were these timers you are referring to? I played the demo at release and installed it on gamepass because it just got put on there and plan on diving into the game finally
Endgame expeditions had timers before update, so if the team wasn't quick enough they wouldn't get the good loot - that shit is gone now.

Typhares

I can't launch the gamepass pc version, just crashes after a while after pressing space-bar on the title screen.
Shame I really want to give this a go.

Now that I've got the controls sorted I'm enjoying myself. Decided to roll technomamcer, hopefully that isn't a problem for pve.
Only real beef so far is one that I've seen when it launched; super spongy enemies. Hoping that abilities and better gear mitigate this somewhat as I make progress.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Now that I've got the controls sorted I'm enjoying myself. Decided to roll technomamcer, hopefully that isn't a problem for pve.
Only real beef so far is one that I've seen when it launched; super spongy enemies. Hoping that abilities and better gear mitigate this somewhat as I make progress.
Technomancer is one of the best classes for high DPS. Just finished a CT15 with two team mates - 396 million DMG! They had 86 mill and 45 mill, lol.

JV9UAKQ.jpg

This is the build I'm using:

rambo GIF

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Tried it and the amount of retuning they did is actually crazy, I'm feeling slightly OP now.
Rolled from WL9 into WL11 without any issues, and it kinda feels like how WL5 was at launch, even bosses don't appear to be very spongy anymore.
All the skills that triggered an explosion in a radius felt kinda useless before, but now they are devastating.

Ogbert

Meh.

Still not feeling it.

I really, really want to like the game, but even with the timers removed, I just do not enjoy high-level end game content.

With survivability tied to how much dps you put out (i.e. shoot shit to heal), the game just turns into an endless bout of face melting. It manages to be both stressful and, at the same time, unrewarding.

Ywap

Took me by surprise this one! I found the demo rather boring so i skipped it. Couldn´t have been more wrong, it´s such a fun game :messenger_horns:

Typhares: I have the exact same problem: The game freezes on the start screen when i press space. I need 5-10 restarts to get it up and running. Playing on PC/Gamepass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom