• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlets start receiving their PS5 review hardware

IDappa

What does not trust my opinion mean? I like shooters to have more mobility to them and less time spent sitting behind a piece of cover. This video is pretty much the problem with the game on actually challenging difficulties, to be fair these guys seem to enjoy it but what they're going through is exactly why I think the game is shite, it might be funny with a friend but it's not well designed or FUN...

If you believe all you do is sit behind cover in gears then you've proven my point that your opinion doesn't count for anything regarding it. Fyi I'm talking multi here.

I'm thinking you should stick to playing games on easy as most higher difficulties in games will have the AI pin you in one spot due to increased damage output and resistance.

If you believe all you do is sit behind cover in gears then you've proven my point that your opinion doesn't count for anything regarding it. Fyi I'm talking multi here.

I'm thinking you should stick to playing games on easy as most higher difficulties in games will have the AI pin you in one spot due to increased damage output and resistance.

Okay, so you're just a troll. The video I linked is clearly the campaign, I keep talking about difficulty settings as well. I don't care about your precious multiplayer mode, if I want multiplayer shooter gameplay I'll play any number of much better options the genre offers. The campaigns are shit, though and I can handle difficulty, but there's a difference between challenge and artificial bullshit difficulty... guess which the Gears franchise revels in? The closest analogue people make to other games with Gears is Uncharted and even the first Uncharted I didn't find myself "pinned" to one spot playing on Crushing difficulty, in fact if you aren't moving you're dead a lot of the time because enemies flank, they grenade you out of cover, etc. It also doesn't increase damage resistance for enemies on Crushing! Just output! What a marvel, not making enemies bullet sponges but instead making your decisions matter more! How novel! Oh wait, plenty of shooters are capable of more organic difficulty increases that make you notice the enemy AI instead of just die to cheap bullshit? Yup.

IDappa

Okay, so you're just a troll. The video I linked is clearly the campaign, I keep talking about difficulty settings as well. I don't care about your precious multiplayer mode, if I want multiplayer shooter gameplay I'll play any number of much better options the genre offers. The campaigns are shit, though and I can handle difficulty, but there's a difference between challenge and artificial bullshit difficulty... guess which the Gears franchise revels in? The closest analogue people make to other games with Gears is Uncharted and even the first Uncharted I didn't find myself "pinned" to one spot playing on Crushing difficulty, in fact if you aren't moving you're dead a lot of the time because enemies flank, they grenade you out of cover, etc. It also doesn't increase damage resistance for enemies on Crushing! Just output! What a marvel, not making enemies bullet sponges but instead making your decisions matter more! How novel! Oh wait, plenty of shooters are capable of more organic difficulty increases that make you notice the enemy AI instead of just die to cheap bullshit? Yup.
Just because you don't know how to play the game doesn't mean I'm a troll. I've played through every gears on hardcore or insane difficulty and find that the ai is fine. Gears is a hard game to grasp so I understand why you dropped it after only trying one. Which is why your opinion doesn't matter to me personally. Your argument boils down to enemies hard they have more hitpoints bad game..

There is nothing else like gears multi out there. Yes you may have other third person cover shooters available (honestly can't think of any recently other than rogue company) but nothing matches the feel or skill needed in gears. Which is another reason you may not like it.

Tbh I can't be bothered to argue with someone who hasn't put the time in with the game he's judging. Especially if the first thing they do is label someone when they disagree with your opinion. So sad.

Last edited:
Just because you don't know how to play the game doesn't mean I'm a troll. I've played through every gears on hardcore or insane difficulty and find that the ai is fine. Gears is a hard game to grasp so I understand why you dropped it after only trying one. Which is why your opinion doesn't matter to me personally. Your argument boils down to enemies hard they have more hitpoints bad game..

There is nothing else like gears multi out there. Yes you may have other third person cover shooters available (honestly can't think of any recently other than rogue company) but nothing matches the feel or skill needed in gears. Which is another reason you may not like it.

Tbh I can't be bothered to argue with someone who hasn't put the time in with the game he's judging. Especially if the first thing they do is label someone when they disagree with your opinion. So sad.

WTF, yes you are a fucking troll. I did not drop it after playing only one, I've beaten 1 and 2, and played 3, 4 and 5. 4 close to completion, 5 I got about halfway. The franchise is archaic and crap. It's not a hard game to grasp at all. No, my main complaint was the enemies kill you with cheap one shot kills on harder difficulties, I even linked you a fucking video of people who ENJOY THE GAME dealing with the same problem.

Uh-huh, Gears of War, the true MLG experience, keep telling yourself that.

I can't argue with someone who doesn't take the time to read the other person's argument and then makes half-cocked assumptions that are flagrantly wrong. The only Gears I don't have time in is Judgment.

My XBL Gamertag is Mecha Biollante if you want to double check what I'm showing you... here's my Gears stats from True Achievements...

1nNyw7x.png

IDappa

WTF, yes you are a fucking troll. I did not drop it after playing only one, I've beaten 1 and 2, and played 3, 4 and 5. 4 close to completion, 5 I got about halfway. The franchise is archaic and crap. It's not a hard game to grasp at all. No, my main complaint was the enemies kill you with cheap one shot kills on harder difficulties, I even linked you a fucking video of people who ENJOY THE GAME dealing with the same problem.

Uh-huh, Gears of War, the true MLG experience, keep telling yourself that.

I can't argue with someone who doesn't take the time to read the other person's argument and then makes half-cocked assumptions that are flagrantly wrong. The only Gears I don't have time in is Judgment.

My XBL Gamertag is Mecha Biollante if you want to double check what I'm showing you... here's my Gears stats from True Achievements...

1nNyw7x.png
Yes because my opinion doesn't mirror yours I'm a troll. Grow up buddy you sound like a teenager who grew his first pube..

I never stated it was a MLG game. I said it was a game with a very large skill gap. Which is why new people do not stick with it which would be one of the reasons why it's on a decline. But keep thinking whatever you want..

You don't have an argument, your opinion is just that a opinion.

Luckily you are in the minority. Such a shit game that has shitty ai and shitty set piece moments and a shitty story. All those people complaining about the difficulty also...... As I said your opinion doesn't mean anything..

I'm going to leave it there we've derailed this thread enough.

Last edited:
Yes because my opinion doesn't mirror yours I'm a troll. Grow up buddy you sound like a teenager who grew his first pube..

I never stated it was a MLG game. I said it was a game with a very large skill gap. Which is why new people do not stick with it which would be one of the reasons why it's on a decline. But keep thinking whatever you want..

You don't have an argument, your opinion is just that a opinion.

Luckily you are in the minority. Such a shit game that has shitty ai and shitty set piece moments and a shitty story. All those people complaining about the difficulty also...... As I said your opinion doesn't mean anything..

I didn't call you a troll because you disagreed with my opinion, once more your reading comprehension fails you. And since you value the idea of people with differing opinions so much you proceed to discard mine and show me an argumentum ad populum argument which is LOL. You're right that opinions are just opinions which is why strong backing for them is important, strong backing doesn't mean "other people agree with me" that's a shit argument. The reason the MP is failing is because it isn't fun, it's not how hard it is, how in the Hell would you explain Counter-Strike's popularity if skill gap is what turns people off a game's multiplayer? Oh right, you can't.

IDappa

I didn't call you a troll because you disagreed with my opinion, once more your reading comprehension fails you. And since you value the idea of people with differing opinions so much you proceed to discard mine and show me an argumentum ad populum argument which is LOL. You're right that opinions are just opinions which is why strong backing for them is important, strong backing doesn't mean "other people agree with me" that's a shit argument. The reason the MP is failing is because it isn't fun, it's not how hard it is, how in the Hell would you explain Counter-Strike's popularity if skill gap is what turns people off a game's multiplayer? Oh right, you can't.
You called me a troll because I said that the gameplay was faster paced than what you implied. I can disagree with your opinion and still respect it. I'm not the one calling you a troll and using reading comprehension as a insult. I understand what you are arguing I just think you flat out wrong, don't get butthurt not everyone agrees with you. Try to have a civil discussion why don't you.

Counter strike was built around competitive multiplayer gameplay. Gears was always advertised as a singleplayer graphic spectacle which also had a unique multiplayer.

If you'd like to continue without your childish insults you can private message me.

Top Bottom