• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlets start receiving their PS5 review hardware

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Would you rather google, amazon or apple then? Take your pick.

Amazon. Easily. If they do for video gaming what the did for the book industry (making it immeasurably better for authors and readers) then we’ll all benefit.

The video games industry has become sclerotic, and controlled by a bunch of greedy, anti consumer companies who don’t give a fuck about anything but profit margins, and maintaining a cozy hegemony that lines their pockets and stifles competition.

...just the like the book industry was 10 years ago. Then Amazon comes along, disrupts everything, and improves the lot of creators and consumers - while absolutely butt fucking every publishing company who coasted by on their decades old levels of greed and laziness.

I truly hope they do the same thing in video games.

Concern

Probably have to give it about a week or two before anything substantial will be off embargo. I mean a picture of the box was the first part of embargo lol.

Calverz

Amazon. Easily. If they do for video gaming what the did for the book industry (making it immeasurably better for authors and readers) then we’ll all benefit.

The video games industry has become sclerotic, and controlled by a bunch of greedy, anti consumer companies who don’t give a fuck about anything but profit margins, and maintaining a cozy hegemony that lines their pockets and stifles competition.

...just the like the book industry was 10 years ago. Then Amazon comes along, disrupts everything, and improves the lot of creators and consumers - while absolutely butt fucking every publishing company who coasted by on their decades old levels of greed and laziness.

Ok so amazon. Have a look at what they have done with double helix and then come back to me.
So you trust amazon with gaming than microsoft? Your hatred blinds you. Its clouding your judgement.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

UNGA74-Climate_092319_589e2c-Karen-Rubin-Sony-Microsoft-1.jpg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ok so amazon. Have a look at what they have done with double helix and then come back to me.
So you trust amazon with gaming than microsoft? Your hatred blinds you. Its clouding your judgement.

It's such a weird place to go... hatred? Where have I expressed any hatred towards Microsoft? Unless you interpret the opinion that a competitor is likely to do better than Microsoft as 'hatred'. In which case... what does that say about you and your emotional attachment to Microsoft? A global corporation that doesn't know who you are?

This is less about my 'hatred' for Microsoft (which doesn't exist, because they are just a big corporate entity like most others) and more about your bizarre levels of love for them, that make you feel this way.

And while Amazon did a poor job with Double Helix (although they only bought them out when they were going to wall anyway), would you like to comment on how Microsoft have handled Rare? Or Lionhead? Because every single large company involved in video games has done badly with studios in the past - and I'd argue Microsoft have been worse than Amazon, simply because they have shut more studios down. So what exactly is your point? Do you have anything actually relevant to add to a conversation about cloud gaming moving forward? Or do you just want to accuse anyone who doesn't think that Microsoft are in the strongest position as being 'haters'?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Sony didn’t support 1440p in PS4 Pro

This is correct, but I don't see why that can't change with PS5 though, if it can output 120hz and most games that do that will not do it at native 4K I'd hope they give an option for 1080p/1440p@120hz.

Its my biggest question since I want to know if I can do 1440p@120hz on my ZD9. The TV can accept this input but it has to be forced via a custom mode since the EDID doesn't tell my computer it can do it.

Did you know many of their TVs have supported 1440p for years?

Last edited:

SolidSlug

Neo Member
Please. Go through my posts. I’m critical of XBox where necessary, supportive where necessary too. Same goes for Sony.

And if you’re so down the plug hole that you actually see Microsoft as some kind of ‘saviour’ or ‘best hope’ in ‘the cloud wars’, then you‘re most definitely the one with the stick up the arse, pal.

I am not a fan of Microsoft, but it's pretty obvious they saved Sony. Sony had become complacent, arrogant and believed they didn't have to do much to keep ruling the market. They came up with all sorts of ridiculous demands from developers and ventured into hardware architectures that made everyone's life a lot harder.
Then Microsoft entered the market, and instead of sinking with their delusions of grandeur, Sony came back down to earth and adapted to their new foe.

Mind you Microsoft didn't enter the market to save them, but it's the effect it had in the end, which is good for all of us.

TimFL

I think that poster is wrong. I "believe" the Xbox Series X/S is backwards compact with most 360 games.
Series S/X is compatible with the same amount of games as the XB1 in terms of BC. The BC Team didn‘t add any new to the program since they stopped due to working on the Series S/X BC features. That being said, they could continue to add new titles to the list after the launch of the consoles.

SolidSlug

Neo Member

Ah, yes, they'll never become a monster...or is that sarcasm? But you'll probably need an army of DevOps people to do anything.

LordOfChaos

He’s been receiving Apple stuff after being consistently the worst offender in the “irrational hate” category. He’ll have a PS5 for sure. But I silenced the recommendation of his channel off my feed of YT, so anyways I won’t have to suffer his “thumbnail face” anymore.

They say they have zero relationship with Apple actually. They just buy the stuff after launch.

SolidSlug

Neo Member
It's a marketing op, if you have any reach in social media, you'll be offered one. It doesn't matter what you say about it; all that matters is that ALL communication in the last 10 days before launch is crowded with PS5 words.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned

Wow, they gave "I'm not an apple fanboi, but I really am" dude a fucking PS5, this guy covers MOBILE devices, I don't know what he's going to do with a PS5. He's really good with the hype cycle though and the youtuber typical bullshit, fuck he even spun the $1000 apple wheels as a good thing mid-way through his shitting on them video. At least he's tolerable to listen to unlike many other niche "influencers".

They really did seed the "safe" "influencers" on this one, instead of ones that might give a more sober honest opinion, or might just dwell on a negative. Giving a mobile mostly 'tuber this machine makes little sense.

PS5 will be an easy video for him, it's a good product, it sells itself.

I'm not saying the only reason he will like the PS5 is because he's a shill, but nobody calls this dude out enough.

This guy is a shill.

HOW TO SPOT A SHILL: Makes a video saying how BAD something is, brings up how BAD thing is, until halfway through they change to how GREAT thing is for any reason, no matter how stupid it sounds, then changes course and talks about how INCREDIBLE product is almost completely forgetting the bad points. Yea Youtuber "influencers" are shills, this is the new pattern they all use now, what's important is to spot the pattern so you don't get lost in the psychological shilling that cements how much you need the shilled product. Marketers have figured out that, if you like something a little bit, and then you're presented with negatives about it, that in your mind you'll fight for the product, so that by the time the positives come around, you're completely hooked because you've already been presented with "all"(in this case the chosen easier to dismiss) negatives of said product and have fought for them in your mind which really reels you into now needing said product. These shill 'tubers act like normal humans, but it's just that an act, you don't know these people, 99% of what you see is the character they've crafted. The top Youtubers have companies of people behind them crafting their words, scripts, personalities.

Now that you're armed with the knowledge of how shills work, go out there watch some awful content that pretends to be an information channel but is really selling you the shit in the video and don't get fooled again.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
His videos are always on point so stop hating.

We will all have a console soon so no point in being salty.

His brand is "to be honest with you" yes. Sorry I attacked him for doing his thing.

I'm not being salty about not having a PS5. I'm waiting on a pack-in this gen.

People are being lied to and buying tons of shit they can't afford on youtube, bringing up this guy made it on topic to let people know these tricks.

He's just collateral here, not the main target.

Last edited:

N30RYU

is anyone getting ready for the PS5 downloading some PS4 games on an external hard drive to give them a try day one?

if so, how do you do it? and what games are you gonna try?

**never used an external hard drive with my PS4... so I don't know how to do it, and in what format it should be the HDD

Last edited:

DarkPassenger8

Neo Member
is anyone getting ready for the PS5 downloading some PS4 games on an external hard drive to give them a try day one?

**never used an external hard drive with my PS4... so I don't know how to do it, and in what format it should be the HDD
I have a 4TB HDD plugged into my PS4 Pro at the moment containing every single game I own. Simply plug a new HDD into the PS4, it should prompt you if you want to use it as extended storage and it will reformat it for you (so make sure you have nothing of value on it!) and then you can transfer your games onto it :messenger_beaming: Fair warning, it can be very slow!

I believe saves and other things cannot be kept on extended storage and you must use PlayStation Plus's cloud feature, a different USB (although not sure about that one) or wait until you do a full transfer to PS5!

LordCBH

If Sony would let me use two externals at once on PS4 I’d transfer all my games from my 2TB to my 4TB to be ready but Sony for some reason doesn’t let you do thst

Calverz

It's such a weird place to go... hatred? Where have I expressed any hatred towards Microsoft? Unless you interpret the opinion that a competitor is likely to do better than Microsoft as 'hatred'. In which case... what does that say about you and your emotional attachment to Microsoft? A global corporation that doesn't know who you are?

This is less about my 'hatred' for Microsoft (which doesn't exist, because they are just a big corporate entity like most others) and more about your bizarre levels of love for them, that make you feel this way.

And while Amazon did a poor job with Double Helix (although they only bought them out when they were going to wall anyway), would you like to comment on how Microsoft have handled Rare? Or Lionhead? Because every single large company involved in video games has done badly with studios in the past - and I'd argue Microsoft have been worse than Amazon, simply because they have shut more studios down. So what exactly is your point? Do you have anything actually relevant to add to a conversation about cloud gaming moving forward? Or do you just want to accuse anyone who doesn't think that Microsoft are in the strongest position as being 'haters'?
Probably the worst comparison made. Microsoft have bought far more companies over the years so obviously they will have shut more down. “Oh but they have shut more studios down so they’re worse” argument is hillarious. ud rather amazon had bought bethesda than microsoft? Look how microsoft hve approached the gaming industry these last few years compared to amazon.

Calverz

Probably the worst comparison made. Microsoft have bought far more companies over the years so obviously they will have shut more down. “Oh but they have shut more studios down so they’re worse” argument is hillarious. ud rather amazon had bought bethesda than microsoft? Look how microsoft hve approached the gaming industry these last few years compared to amazon.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Microsoft have shut down way more studios, and yet the other guy is still the bad guy.

Jesus, dude. Stop drinking it. It must be coming out of your arsehole and eyeballs by now.

giphy.gif

Calverz

Microsoft have shut down way more studios, and yet the other guy is still the bad guy.

Jesus, dude. Stop drinking it. It must be coming out of your arsehole and eyeballs by now.

giphy.gif
Ok ill leave to play with your Luna and whining about too much plastic in the xbox series x box.

Top Bottom