• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlets start receiving their PS5 review hardware

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ah, along come all the people that get it for free, trying to use their influencing skills to sell something... thats already sold out.

EDIT: and fuck me sideways, they are still region locking DVD after all this time by the looks of the pics and 'region 1' plastered over the box.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I like how Sony is not deceitful about the nature of backward compatibility (even if 11 PS4 games were found not to be compatible, they still don't claim 100%)... MS on the other hand goes full used car salesman claiming backward compatibility all the way to the of Xbox, even though it supports barely any og Xbox games and about 1/4 of the 360 library (did they even test the one library to tell us what doesn't work from the xone library... If anything).

All this time I was lead to believe it was compatible with the full library (or at least 99%).

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
well, what games do we think they'll be playing? haven't heard of demon's soul's going gold yet. I guess godfall, spiderman, and astro playroom is what we'll be seeing they are playing

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thanks he did not receive the console <3

Because I don’t want that mountain of salt getting one before me.

BTW.

Excuses excuses lol

tenor.gif

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Ah, along come all the people that get it for free, trying to use their influencing skills to sell something... thats already sold out.

EDIT: and fuck me sideways, they are still region locking DVD after all this time by the looks of the pics and 'region 1' plastered over the box.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why FML. Does that mean a no to imports this time round? FUCK

PSYGN

I think that poster is wrong. I "believe" the Xbox Series X/S is backwards compact with most 360 games.

Dang it, now I'll have to actually look it up, lol. Planning on getting one in the next few years anyway but that was one of the most exciting feature for me.

Traxtech

I wonder when the nda lifts so they can start releasing information on how games run, temps, noise etc etc

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

sn0man

Anyone on GAF have one yet? Willing to pay money for them trying various things so I can verify it’s an offline console.

reksveks

It's capable of doing so. Like PS3 could do 1080p, but very few games did.

Is it really likely to hit 8k? Also what is the internet bandwidth that you would need to get an 8k video stream?

Also my knowledge of blu-rays caps out at UHD, but can you get 8k disc's?

Edit: Also Jeff Grubb also thinks that 4K on a TV at a normal range is kinda unneeded so this ain't a new thing for him.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I believe this is what could be characterized as Sony flexing after enjoying an extremely effective marketing approach of letting their fans do the talking for them. I'm hearing some heavy Soundgarden marching kinda song..

Resenge

Whoa whoa, enjoy your PS5 first, I know how much of a VR fanboy you are but you just gotta let people get used to the new console hardware before they start adding new peripherals.

PSVR1 is totally compatable with the PS5 with games getting performance bumps and maybe resolution if we are lucky. Just enjoy your PSVR on the PS5 until Sony releases information on the next iteration. You could always get a Oculus Quest 2 or a HP Reverb. Options my man, they are all there.

I hope way after PS5, so it cannot suck hype from standard gaming.
Super selfish salty boy. :messenger_smirking:

"AMAGOD, dovote all your gaming resources into games that I want whaaaaaaaaaa"

Just because you don't like VR, you wanna spoil it for people that do? Tut tut.

Last edited:

nowhat

Is it really likely to hit 8k? Also what is the internet bandwidth that you would need to get an 8k video stream?

Also my knowledge of blu-rays caps out at UHD, but can you get 8k disc's?

Oh, I very much doubt any games (with more than wireframe graphics) will hit 8K. And yes, it's insanity at any rate. Some streaming services surely will support it, at some point anyway. But it's a new standard and a bullet point, hence it's on the box.

reksveks

Oh, I very much doubt any games (with more than wireframe graphics) will hit 8K. And yes, it's insanity at any rate. Some streaming services surely will support it, at some point anyway. But it's a new standard and a bullet point, hence it's on the box.

Rough maths assuming codec's stay roughly as efficient means that you would need 100Mbps to get a 8k stream, roughly 64.8 gigabytes for a film. Alright for some and probably the lifetime of a device.

nowhat

Rough maths assuming codec's stay roughly as efficient means that you would need 100Mbps to get a 8k stream, roughly 64.8 gigabytes for a film. Alright for some and probably the lifetime of a device.
Codecs are improving as always though: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versatile_Video_Coding

But sure, 8K will be a niche thing, and at least personally, given my viewing conditions, I don't see any point to it.

PSYGN

Doesn't work wirelessly with the PS4, it's a simple thing they could have made happen, would have sold a few extra to people like me who want a better 1st party controller for their PS4 with maybe better battery life.

Maybe 3 years later in some random non-significant number update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom