• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outer Worlds 60fps patch out now for next gen consoles.

Tranquil

Dang, I just played this a month ago at 30 fps.

Glad we're starting to see more and more games get the 60 fps treatment though.

Markio128

I bought this when it was discounted due to the mostly positive reviews, but I really didn’t enjoy it. 30 FPS was the least of its problems in my opinion.

R6Rider

Gold Member
More games being able to play at 60fps on consoles is good.
I bought this when it was discounted due to the mostly positive reviews, but I really didn’t enjoy it. 30 FPS was the least of its problems in my opinion.
I agree. Overall it was disappointing, especially the second half.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Enjoy, my fellow friends on Playstation. Last Obsidian patch you'll ever get. 🤗
fanboy mega fan GIF by Nashville on CMT

R6Rider

Gold Member
Seems like all your posts are like that, even on completely unrelated threads. Buckle up people, we got a new warrior in town.
He's been pretty obvious and rampant lately. Doesn't stop the usual suspects to like his posts and then those same users calling out others for doing the same thing.

It keeps the native 4k too on SX, I think it was 1800p on Pro/PS5 so I wonder if it got bumped up in res too or if it’s just the Pro version with the cap removed.

Skifi28

Whats the best setting for that for PS5? Is the rule to go as big as it can, or is there a special number to use?

I don't think there's a universal best setting, but a personal preference. Too much distorts the image (say 100+). Some people go with 85, others 90. Test what you feel most comfortble with.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
What I learned from Outer Worlds:

- capitalism bad

- corporations bad

- rich people are all wretched narcissistic assholes

- asexual lesbians are the only genuinely kind, pure-hearted, sincere people in the entire galaxy

- if you see a random stranger on the street opening up a space crate, you should accuse them of theft. If they don’t immediately give you a satisfactory explanation, you should beat them to death.

Whats the best setting for that for PS5? Is the rule to go as big as it can, or is there a special number to use?
I usually stick to 95 in any game if I can, beyond that it can look a little weird.
BC patches usually don't bump up resolution for PS5.
This one’s not really just a BC patch though since it’s for the DLC that comes out Thursday. It might not just be straight BC.

Last edited:

Raven117

Yeah it took way too many posts for this. The game was mediocre at best. Terrible combat and loot system
I could even forgive that if the writing was in the same ballpack as Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Alpha Protocol.

It wasn't even in the same stratosphere. Absolutely toothless and boring.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Cool for new system owners. I'm currently on a NSwitch playthrough. It's pretty much 25FPS + Vaseline picture quality

Cool enough game though. Only downside I found is that it would have needed bigger budget and development time :/

I could even forgive that if the writing was in the same ballpack as Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Alpha Protocol.

It wasn't even in the same stratosphere. Absolutely toothless and boring.

The main thing that got me hooked was that it has the best idiot build set up they’ve ever done (it was way too limited in NV). It’s constantly a dialogue option and blends with in engineering, science and medical skill options. For me it’s the only way to play the game and seemed really boring without it.

Raven117

The main thing that got me hooked was that it has the best idiot build set up they’ve ever done (it was way too limited in NV). It’s constantly a dialogue option and blends with in engineering, science and medical skill options. For me it’s the only way to play the game and seemed really boring without it.
Ha, fair enough. That was a good mode.

Duchess

Enjoy, my fellow friends on Playstation. Last Obsidian patch you'll ever get. 🤗
Actually, that's not true. There will be one final patch, but that one will actually UNDO all the bug fixes and updates that the previous patches made. So, PlayStation owners should avoid installing it.

rapid32.5

Amazing, once I finish main game, DLC hunt on sale begins. I have been enjoying the game, definitely on my top 5 RPG list.

Last edited:
Tried it now on SX, definitely a huge improvement. Feels like there are other changes on top of the FOV and frame rate but that’s hard to say.
I just happened to be playing it before the patch, the res is exactly the same. I‘m at the Groundbreaker portion so I’m at a loss lod wise, but the one thing is you could get blank white portions to the side of the screen if you set the FOV high if you moved quick before and I haven’t seen it yet after the patch yet even trying to force it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom