• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Our dearest Gromph has passed away

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
RIP Gromph Gromph I know you're on to the next great unknown adventure

Feels like we're on the cusp of so many cool advancements. Neuralink, CRISPR gene editing, Mars colonization, mRNA treatments, epigenetic reprogramming. Even the upcoming launch of the James Webb telescope later this year should lead to amazing imagery and a better understanding of our universe. Wish he could've been here to see all of it play out.
That's the sad thing. There's always something new to see or be invented. However as we age, we will no longer be around to see those innovations. Think of the elderly as they saw the cusp of the digital age.

Though if Gromph was young, it's a sudden shock to the system as they were robbed of experiencing what they were supposed to. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Pazu

RIP Gromph. unsung hero, really appreciate all he did especially with the migration keeping things intact. love the NeoGAF billiards case. a LEGEND!

really sorry for your loss EviLore EviLore . and the community's.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Man, this is terrible. So sorry for his family and friends.

RIP Gromph Gromph and thanks for all you did to keep this community and forum alive. We won't forget you!

theHFIC

Sorry for the loss and condolences to family, friends, and everyone involved with this site.

I've only been here a fraction of the site's existence, but I am impressed by how much NeoGAF has been able to pivot, adapt, and upgrade pretty seamlessly on the backend over the years which sounds to me like a testament to his knowledge and work ethic.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Condolences to his friends and family. If not for him who knows where this place would be from the sounds of it.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I generally think of neogaf posters as young, although in reality Neogaf/GAF has been around for 20 years, so this sort of thing will unfortunately become more common.

Thanks for posting this and making sure his contributions are remembered, I didn’t appreciate all that he had done. RIP.

My condolences, sorry to hear about his loss. I've criticized this place from time to time for different reasons, but at the core of why I eventually come back and participate is genuinely because I've always been impressed by the upkeep or maintenance of the site and the way it has been upgraded and been carried forward. Even if I had beefs with moderation, it was always separate from my respect for the underlying behind the scenes technical challenge it must be to keep this place going and evolving like it has since my first time visiting this site in 2005.

So to learn of the unfortunate passing of the person who was behind so much of the underlying infrastructure and continued evolution is definitely a sad day. I work in a field where things like this are normally done or maintained, so I understand the challenges and sleepless nights that can come with a challenging migration while trying to maintain past content.

Shouta

He and I have been friends for a long time and I'd always go visit him when I was in Japan. We'd been talking daily until pretty recently because we played FFXI together. We had decided to take a break from the game so I hadn't seen him online in a few days. I thought he had just gotten busy with things....

Rest in peace my friend.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm sad to read this.

Knowing someone like him was at the held and so dedicated to the forum be loved makes appreciate how hard maintaining it all is.

I appreciate you sharing this and hope the place can maintain the integrity helped maintain formal long.

It's incredibly tough losing a mate who's been with you through all circumstances, no matter how difficult. Sometimes these bonds are stronger than blood, and that's what makes them so special.

Cheers to the incredible man who was behind the technical side of this great place. I'm truly sorry for your loss, EviLore.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm very sorry, EviLore EviLore ... My condolences. I never saw him post but from your words of how he worked diligently on the backend of the site, he must have been a really good man.

Again, my condolences to the staff and his family and friends.

Angelcurio

My condolences to his family and friends. Even though i never met him, and i don't talk a lot, i have been part of this site for almost 15 years, so in a sense he was one of the persons responsible for making this a viable site and platform where i could always come to read about the new games, and be up to date in a lot topics that pick my interest, for almost half of my whole life. Thanks for for everything.

Top Bottom