• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| - Star Wars Squadrons: Rogue-ing in the XXIst Century

Komatsu

starwar-squadrons-ot-01.png

starwar-squadrons-gameplay03-lossy.gif
starwar-squadrons-gameplay04-lossy.gif

starwar-squadrons-ot-00.png

starwar-squadrons-ot-02.png

starwar-squadrons-gameplay01-lossy.gif
starwar-squadrons-gameplay02-lossy.gif

starwar-squadrons-ot-04.png

starwar-squadrons-ot-03.png

Last edited:

mcz117chief

No TIE Defender = no buy

edit: what I mean by that is that the ship selection is just so incredibly low. Just 4 on each side? Come on, man! Not only that but the 4th in each faction are from Disney Star Wars and thus aren't iconic at all. There are literally dozens of far more recognizable ships in Star Wars and yet, they go with these ones. Sad.

Last edited:

SCB3

No TIE Defender = no buy

edit: what I mean by that is that the ship selection is just so incredibly low. Just 4 on each side? Come on, man! Not only that but the 4th in each faction are from Disney Star Wars and thus aren't iconic at all. There are literally dozens of far more recognizable ships in Star Wars and yet, they go with these ones. Sad.

Its not at full price and all dlc is free

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
steam preload up

For $40 and an option to refund I'll take those odds

Last edited:

John2290

Preloading and gonna stick a few hours in at midnight. I hate EA but this actually looks good but I'm only in it for the VR. Can't wait to see if VR allows for a higher skill ceiling against people playing on TV. i expect it to be as good a a mouse and the Non VR players are gonna get their asses slaped.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MC has ratings of about 80 so far

Limited critic ratings on PS4 and PC, so who knows where it'll be after 50 reviews.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It looks like SP campaign is worth playing, even though it's not perfect when it comes to story, character interactions and the fact that your character don't even matter at all.

Last edited:

crozier

Super excited. I picked up Everspace last night on PSN too. Between the two of them, one should scratch my space combat itch.

Piggoro

Do we know if this is getting next gen patch anytime soon?
I think I saw somewhere developers saying that they didn't plan next-gen update as well as live service support. That it's a one-off 40$ game. But nevertheless, it's EA, sooo...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Gonna play this with the Valve Index. Need to pull out my flight stick and throttle. Time to fuck up some noobs!

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

So surprisingly this is probably THE best Star Wars game that has been released in the past 15 odd years (going by the reviews so far from PC Gamer to Polygon et all)....glad it will be a worthy purchase as I pre-ordered it without waiting for reviews, goes to show though EA can deliver....albeit rarely!

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If the PC VR reviews are fab then I'm in. I've been waiting for something like this for a long long time.

RAIDEN1

If the PC VR reviews are fab then I'm in. I've been waiting for something like this for a long long time.
I think its safe to say it is, from the reviews I read so far, none mention any issues with VR on PC, hell they say that if you can then it is highly recommended to play it in VR! (Which I may do when I get the PS5..)

Last edited:

skneogaf

Does it hook in to Steam VR in any way?

I'd assume that would be the case if you are buying through steam.

Still no reviews for this?

Someone replied to me on YouTube comment that steam vr but it still works when you turn of steam vr so I'm non the wiser.

mcz117chief

So surprisingly this is probably THE best Star Wars game that has been released in the past 15 odd years (going by the reviews so far from PC Gamer to Polygon et all)....glad it will be a worthy purchase as I pre-ordered it without waiting for reviews, goes to show though EA can deliver....albeit rarely!
Empire at War is 2006 and Force Unleashed is 2008. So even if you didn't like Force Unleashed you still have to wait at least 1 year to make that claim. But since you said "odd years" I guess I can let it slide. I really can't think of any Star Wars game that has hooked me in the last decade, New Battlefront 2 had a rough launch but it grew on me a lot later, still, I haven't played it nearly as much as other Star Wars games like Empire at War or Jedi Academy.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Empire at War is 2006 and Force Unleashed is 2008. So even if you didn't like Force Unleashed you still have to wait at least 1 year to make that claim.
Force unleashed I haven't played outside of the demo from aeons ago, let alone its sequel...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
After trying PSVR 2 weeks ago when a friend brought it over, I came away impressed what that headset could do for the price.

I am finally jumping all in to PSVR with with this game.

PCVR either later in the year or next year after the Zen 3 build.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
After trying PSVR 2 weeks ago when a friend brought it over, I came away impressed what that headset could do for the price.

I am finally jumping all in to PSVR with with this game.

PCVR either later in the year or next year after the Zen 3 build.

I used to have PSVR but traded up or the Rift + controllers.

The PSVR is an awesome headset for the price and really comfortable. If it had came with Rift like controllers then I would have never sold it.

Romulus

The PSVR is an awesome headset for the price and really comfortable. If it had came with Rift like controllers then I would have never sold it.

Me too. I kept my PSVR because of exclusives and PS5 compatibility. But I think PSVR will be good for a game like this, especially if he's on pro and since its mostly in a cockpit.

thequestion

Agree. Those move controllers are an embarrassment to gaming.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
My brother ordered the new quest 2 so he could play this in vr (sold his quest during the boom).

Stitch

Gold Member
PC Version is already released :O

well or maybe not. the countdown is gone, I can download it but the play button is greyed out

Last edited:
Top Bottom