• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OT: SHOW OFF YOUR GAMING PC RIG - FLEX- [2020 EDITION]

So, in this thread you can show off your pc and your pc gaming setup if you like. Only real pics please.
If you have great hardware this is your chance to flex a little bit.
It would be good if you wrote your specs in words.

So I'll start first. My rig
CASE NZXT H700
MOBO GIGABYTE Aorus Elite, B450, AM4
PSU Gigabyte semi modular 700W
RAM 32GB (4x8gb) 3200mhz, CL 16, G.Skill Ripjaws
STORAGE 3x 500gb ssd's, all sata III. One is from corsair and the other two are Gigabyte. [all have around 500/400 read write, more or less]
CPU Ryzen 7 3700x, Stock at 3,6ghz, goes to 4,2 on all cores under load.
COOLER Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO
GPU Sapphire Vega 64, nitro+ edition, 8gb of HMB2 vram
COOLING 3 top 120mm fans as exhaust, 3 front 120mm fans as intake and 1 140mm as back exhaust.

I've tucked all the ssd's behind so unfortunately you won't see them.
So here are the pics.

ztirkyD.jpg

PXo8h8p.jpg

LWLpQKO.jpg

wGVpoLg.jpg

QrgPCPP.jpg

ZArEzUu.jpg

qTTI9cl.jpg

Last edited:
j9FtlIB.jpg

Got an apc ups. All my tech goes through it. No brownout can hurt me. :)
I've also added 2 external 17ah batteries to it in parallel to give it a bit more runtime.

HdFL7Ef.jpg

I know it's dirty. I'm an animal. I'll clean it up in a few days.
I got a 4k curved samsung monitor, Scythe sdar2100 amp, 2x10W scthe kro kraft speakers, PreSonus HD7 headphones, and a Logitech mouse, but I can't remember the exact model.
The keyboard is just some random cheap ass shit.
And when things require a controller, there's a 140cm tv mounted on the wall, 4k, Vivax is brand, I believe. It's connected to my pc via a long ass hdmi cable.

Last edited:
-Specs-

Case: NZXT H700
Power supply: EVGA 850 G2
Motherboard: AURUS z370 gaming 7
CPU: Intel 8086k
CPU cooler: Swiftech Drive X3 AIO
RAM: 32GB XPG DDR4 3000
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Storage: 2x XPG 480GB SX8200 M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 SSD

Pics are couple years old now so some of the specs are not shown in the pics as I have updated some parts and was able to use what was left over to put a PC together for my wife and kids to use for work and school. Best investment I ever made building my own PC. Being able to search for deals and upgrade when you want and can afford it is amazingly convenient. Plus, you can get an extra PC out of it like we did as you go for super cheap.

XEzGLgP.jpg

16JDvJT.jpg

ZdS8j5C.jpg

This is technically my second PC but I cannibalized some parts from my first one to build it. As time went on and I found deals on new parts for this new PC, I was able to throw together a second PC with the old parts and case from my first PC. I think it cost around $1200 to upgrade + put together the second PC. But keep in mind, I could have saved loads on the case and obviously just got a cheap air cooler. Prob didn't need such a beefy Power supply either. Just wanted to be prepared for future GPU's and such. Plus I think it helps with the sensitive audio equipment and overclocking which I thought I might get into in the future because it gives a more stable frequency or something that I don't understand lol. All of that would have shaved off a couple hundo for sure while still being pretty much the same quality or performance.

BONUS:

Keyboard: Realforce 87Uw55
Headphones: E=MU teaks with ebony earcups
Amp: Modded Little Dot I+ with 6HM5 Yugoslov tubes and a burson V5i Op Amp
DAC: Fiio E17k

YKcctAv.jpg

lZl6Cet.jpg

Yes, I know my audio and some of my PC setup is a little ghetto. But I am the opposite of loaded. All of this stuff was from years of saving and more importantly, whatever there was a good deal for. Like the Razer mouse, which was actually sold to me by a dude on GAF for $15 bucks! It was a 45 dollar mouse at the time I think. I now have a G502.

Last edited:
So I've been meaning to ask for a while but I don't want to make a thread so I'll ask here. Does anyone else use graphite pads in place of cpu paste? Seems to be working pretty well for me so far. Temps seem just fine. Was wondering what other's had experienced. It'll be nice to never need to replace the paste since my cooler is a pain in the bum to put on...

So I've been meaning to ask for a while but I don't want to make a thread so I'll ask here. Does anyone else use graphite pads in place of cpu paste? Seems to be working pretty well for me so far. Temps seem just fine. Was wondering what other's had experienced. It'll be nice to never need to replace the paste since my cooler is a pain in the bum to put on...
I personally haven't used them, but I've watched the reviews and it's seems like they're on par with thermal pastes.
I know that PhilsComputerLab youtuber uses it almost exclusively for his builds, and it's working pretty great for him.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm not really a HarDcOrE PC GAEMER and mostly play pretentious indie shit and bullshit weeb games, so... whatever.

a8h4lXt.jpg

Not pictured: my subwoofer. Or the front of my computer case. Can't be bothered to take another picture right now.

I'm more into old games and arcade stuff.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
EverydayBeast’s Gaming Setup 2020
Mounted 37in 4K HDR TV
Alienware 15 R3 Laptop i7 GTX 1070 16GB 2.3ghz 1TB
Powered lift Recliner, big comfort advantage for console gaming.
ZZ5GbZt.jpg

Well, I don’t care about decorating, call me out if you want. This feels like a lot to me and I like it.

Did you buy my Dell Optiplex? lol

------------------------------------

OQDLInW.jpg

YP1MOoA.jpg

FR0CNcS.jpg

Monitor should've been an Alienware aw3420dw but it got lost during shipping and now I'm waiting for a new one who knows when. Sucks cause I was hoping to play Ori 2 on that.
Love that figurine thing you got going on inside your case.
I never saw that.

Those are called Funko Pops they sell for about $10 on Amazon.
That's a brilliant idea, I gotta admit.
I never saw anyone put any type of figurines in their pc. I fucking love it, mate.
And you have such a clean setup and it's bright, so they stand out.
Fucking awesome man, I really mean that.

draliko

My build after the last updates (couple months old):
  • Monitor: LG 32GK850f
  • Case: Corsair 220t
  • Mobo: MSI b450m Mortar MAX
  • RAM: 16gb 3600 gskill
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • VGA: Red Devil 5700XT
  • Mouse: Roccat Kova
  • Keyb: Strike Battle Spectra
  • CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo
  • SSD: 500gb Crucial MX 500
  • HDD: 1TB Seagate something :)
  • PSU: Seasonic s12ii 620W
  • Headphones: Corsair VOID Pro Wireless White
Next upgrade will be probably a pair of years into next gen. Sorry for the potato picture quality, it's evening and illumination in the room is quite soft. I'll take better picture in daylight if needed :)

iOnGyEH.jpg

Ka8PNY7.jpg

D7WOAFJ.jpg

Shakka43

Forgot to post specs:

Case: Corsair Spec 06
Motherboard: MSI Meg Z390 Ace
CPU: I7 9700K
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER
CPU Cooler: H100i RGB Platinum SE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz
Storage: 500GB SAMSUNG NVME 970 EVO + 2TB INTEL 660P NVME
PSU: Corsair RM750x White
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Audio: SONY 2.1 Soundbar + Corsair Void Pro Rgb Wireless

-----------------------------------------------------
To the other side is my Tv set up.
zBToF1Y_d.jpg

Last edited:

Tarin02543

Hey, as long as the build is clean and you are proud of it, I'd like to see it.

Heck, everyone and their brother seems to have a 20xx series and an Egyptian threaded amd cpu but I still posted my 1080 and 8086k...
There's nothing to be ashamed of bruv. Nobody will judge you.
That's still a pretty capable rig. Older but capable.
Did you buy my Dell Optiplex? lol

------------------------------------

Monitor should've been an Alienware aw3420dw but it got lost during shipping and now I'm waiting for a new one who knows when. Sucks cause I was hoping to play Ori 2 on that.

DOE0lNr.jpg

oh okay then :)

i7 3770
GTX 1060
Motherboard B75MA-E31 Chipset Intel® B75 Express
16 GB RAM
ASUS Soundcard Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Seasonic prime 600W titanium fanless
128 GB SSD
256 GB SSD
1 TB HDD

Was originally a Medion system, the only things that survived are the CPU and the case :)

Last edited:
DOE0lNr.jpg

oh okay then :)

i7 3770
GTX 1060
Motherboard B75MA-E31 Chipset Intel® B75 Express
16 GB RAM
ASUS Soundcard Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Seasonic prime 600W titanium fanless
128 GB SSD
256 GB SSD
1 TB HDD

Was originally a Medion system, the only things that survived are the CPU and the case :)
Bro, your camera is vaselined out of it's mind.

That PC is a bit of a sleeper innit? Is that a micro atx?

I'm not really a HarDcOrE PC GAEMER and mostly play pretentious indie shit and bullshit weeb games, so... whatever.

Not pictured: my subwoofer. Or the front of my computer case. Can't be bothered to take another picture right now.

I'm more into old games and arcade stuff.
That's a nice comfy setup you got there.
I'm also into pretentious indie crap, :messenger_winking: , more on the shooter side.
I see you have a fine taste.
Ion Fury
If you wanna see more pretentious indie crap, I suggest taking a look at this thread.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/retro-shooter-renaissance.1516237/

Jigga117

• NZXT H700 (BLACK - RED) CASE
  • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) (BLACK) MOBO
  • INTEL CORE I9-9900K 8-CORE 3.6 GHZ CPU
  • NZXT KRAKEN X72 CPU COOLER
  • ASUS ROG RTX™ 2080 TI STRIX O11G GPU
  • 32GB TEAM T-FORCE XCALIBUR RGB 4000MHZ (2) RAM
  • 2 SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1.0 TB SSD
  • SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB 4.0 TB HDD
  • NZXT E850 GOLD DIGITAL PSU PSU
  • NZXT AER RGB 2 120MM FAN (RGB) 2 FAN
  • CABLEMOD 6+2 PIN BASIC CABLE EXTENSION KIT (RED)
Using 55C9 OLED in Bedroom. Soon will be set up with 77CX OLED 2020

gLGPg7I.jpg

4v8rURK.jpg

• NZXT H700 (BLACK - RED) CASE
  • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) (BLACK) MOBO
  • INTEL CORE I9-9900K 8-CORE 3.6 GHZ CPU
  • NZXT KRAKEN X72 CPU COOLER
  • ASUS ROG RTX™ 2080 TI STRIX O11G GPU
  • 32GB TEAM T-FORCE XCALIBUR RGB 4000MHZ (2) RAM
  • 2 SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1.0 TB SSD
  • SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB 4.0 TB HDD
  • NZXT E850 GOLD DIGITAL PSU PSU
  • NZXT AER RGB 2 120MM FAN (RGB) 2 FAN
  • CABLEMOD 6+2 PIN BASIC CABLE EXTENSION KIT (RED)
Using 55C9 OLED in Bedroom. Soon will be set up with 77CX OLED 2020

gLGPg7I.jpg

4v8rURK.jpg
That's a beastly rig. I love it.

Armorian

Banned
Mine:

IMG20200314151752.jpg

Clean cable menagment (first time I have the case that allows that), SSDs are on the back and HDD is next to PSU. This (Gainward 1070) is the best GPU I have ever had, ultra silent, clocks high (2.1GHz) and performance is still good after 4 years.

Few days ago I order Xbox one controller as my 360 pad died few months ago (cable fucked up), since then I used DS4 but it isn't optimal in PC space. It's great and better than 360 controller in every aspect.

99999.jpg

Last edited:
Mine:

gRFwVuM4dBmb13znJSQ9uPsP9gydc6bWBLPrNe5WiXDD9R0Au0gHcKQw61KSWjG1HTZpy60cBBL8W33Bwy6IHL0JtwRkkBvCNBUaP6YKs1VzxuqoS_D2j3P1d0HvYtDUcZzGra75RrWJvY_MD0izFw8QgOFckzRF6o1SFjV8fCtdmiqoTbPDdmcwBxeJqR3Awfsn-kOdg7WmJkecWRoeHJAc-FIMMTsDtBWrnOE99WiI2aGhfQsrszqOmkh9dDnp9yjs4_pvQD1iiAFGb_gJUgGqPthIIddQFvZFmKUi3Sf_pdKUQugE-VdTvrlSm-6BVdC5KNHP0HKU4uWfkVKtMDANySQH64wm-nyzQwL4w8Q1U6Rvg7ZPKBRfM2vtFQaPHd39HPhgDyASS7RDwSWOw8ri3IzLsaY7GN8FhT19XwchRJtXPbgc_9_jy3epBQpiZzjA_h-jRVb0_tUGW6FrUuHuDQ2--KhgdD4ktobH06nKSuGA82gndPMIjyRysBzq5i88Hjv7nYrv9TWJJpY76nESCdVc5-7epWceBdiuk0aOgqppxDCdFpGq_Gl2_Bu9gTOcNyFMUHCJPCZQmhBFxm2E03MQsFD2q7mTXU8rQ4JocPDeMjtl1IPIS4e1rQyqlwX0kexAcNyuraW35m0k8SWmouk5sog7E9qFnQhCfhbVwH-fn7FDIPk=w1924-h947-no

Clean cable menagment (first time I have the case that allows that), SSDs are on the back and HDD is next to PSU. This (Gainward 1070) is the best GPU I have ever had, ultra silent, clocks high (2.1GHz) and performance is still good after 4 years.

Few days ago I order Xbox one controller as my 360 pad died few months ago (cable fucked up), since then I used DS4 but it isn't optimal in PC space. It's great and better than 360 controller in every aspect.

qDofrZq1ym_PdPWcgYCDLOhDflljU63ts3xcuDlFdQ1GsoOs_IoszkTtlSeBBkvcFNFMoDnRn8IoytlCsuLI-jW5sxYdXcxmUHOQWrNcdlx8XPo6zOBbP5Db3x31HrvEWuRex-zxC0ZQDjoDCngW8zlVU79h77Ne8twDw11su_MiLnt22ws5Tul6NSNVLrTrJNj7UF6aeoJwzpnrJKumHnu1eaZeolVQSsrAWZOR6Ru2q3KAliKK3ahmOmuHLjibbMyvT4eliZkwCrMlMPh1nn8a4uS0iskfMxl5PvJbpo51Wnku7WkXQodqV0J7CHMsxWy6eZ1FJfluGRN3BMNt02ZQSdTlO1cjY2NVGLZWtINSClRxkheFA1pQTh_qA4UvzJxZHAQJbdvQmJeWKIg23b6BywsIlkQhvnyXRR834OeQCjgiZaYcyoYoZDQpUhmc730hvEtS1azoGaxihN_pwu5RJ-ZCZZX27kTdt8Fiq9zwH-is2P5maIvQ8dE9r9L0qhtdCsZfZLMIHnscyyjV5qR6DhHlIDyUWnQtqcKQTCVNg4YiWF_LVYOurO6eTf1LcZbm4LwJ-Bv8nsCiQQKZ6VjRAWbiuqzo97YetOOS0wrI2x0YQE0jAF6FW1chuiL1LYm1-zXu6JvRk5ZI-1ro12J2AEQ5XAiMMuPj_RY1SnKG9jwlxQRVeI0=w1924-h947-no
Something is not right with the first pic you posted. It ain't showing.

ridsNnt.jpg

Armorian

Banned
Yep, it's all good now. Nice rig.

Thanks, so is yours :) Thanks to shit jaguars in consoles and freesync monitor I can still rock on 2600K :p But next year I will have to switch to Ryzen 3xxx or 4xxx (Intel is shit until they manage to shrink current "plus, plus" node).

And here is my UW LG:

mon1.jpg

mon2.jpg

Switching from 16:9 to 21:9 in 2016 was on of the best decisions of my life :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What happened was my Alienware 15R3 (won me over, put graphics over the top etc.) had a broken motherboard, and not only that a failed video card, and hard drive, totally up to $900 in repairs, I had a moment with that laptop, not only was it a beast, it had SSD.

An unlikely hero came through with Best Buy and their cubside pickup during the quarantine/pandemic (HP Laptop 15-ef0xxx, sold out at 3 of 4 of my Best Buys)
tenor.gif

I do believe they're good specs but they lose in comparison to the Alienware 15R3, maybe I'll upgrade because SSD is UNSTOPPABLE.

HdUImU8.png

AGRacing

Gold Member
R7 3700X + Arctic Freezer II 360
16GB 3600MHZ
Red Devil 5700XT
Tomahawk MAX B450
512GB 660p
1TB SU800
4TB Conventional Drive

Was going for airflow + relative quiet with this. Very happy with it.
Down the line I'll be upgrading my 1080p 144hz monitor as well as speakers, etc. But this machine does get some love on the 65" LG C9 upstairs occasionally.

I can't recommend this case enough if your situation allows for open air.
keBqVOL.jpg

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
3700x, MSI rtx2070, Gigabyte x570 elite motherboard, nvme galore
The case is Phanteks p600s. It's so heavy and huge I might've made mistake but temps are fantastic thanks to the fabric mesh in front. And it looks great

JOxesJ7.jpg

Last edited:

benno

Mine is a dual boot studio DAW PC and gaming rig.

i9 10900k, ROG STRIX Z490-F, RTX2080Ti, 16GB, 4TB of SSD, rackmount case which is hidden within the desk bottom right rack spaces next to grey UPS in image, 3TB network backup. 49" KS7000 4k TV as monitor, HP Reverb, Prism Callia USB audio + studio stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom