• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more [Your images only]

NeoGaf Pick-up Post

Please feel free to discuss the items you are posting, especially obscure and rare items that others may not know much about!

There's more cool gaming-related stuff out there than has ever been available before.

Books, movies, games, figures, toys, comics, manga, advertising, consumables, posters, consoles, controllers, PC parts, etc...

It's always fun to see the things others who share interests are collecting. Please feel free to post anything that fits the theme!

Got a cool game-related thing you'd like to share? A cool little Street fighter character you got from a vending machine? A new console? An old console? A full Flight simulator setup? A limited run release? Mario fruit snacks?

Just take a picture with your cheap camera
Xt6lDJC.jpg

Or your state of the art smart phone
hM5Swtf.jpg

Your pictures don't have to be professionally photographed, it just has to be YOUR picture

RULES:
Game/gaming-related content only

It should be at least somewhat game/gaming-related. Nobody will jump on you if you stretch the rules, but your shoes or car doesn't really fit.
Your content is your own image
Pretty straight-forward. Post your own images, not stuff you found on other sites.
Be nice
Be nice.

Previous years:

2019 Thread
2020 Thread
2021 Thread

Links to monthly pick-up threads before 2019 can be found in the 2019 thread.​

Last edited:
My brother grabbed me this Protectron statue to go with the other robots he got me over the last couple years. Paint is really good considering the robots are all to scale, making him fairly small. The Protectron is my favorite of the robots seen in Fallout, directly lifted from classic sci-fi, I always like stumbling across them in the games.

dVpHZKx.jpg

4iW8IYI.jpg

Mt brother also grabbed me two more of these Fallout die-cast cars. Both are Fusion Fleas bringing my total to four. They always come with nice old-school packaging and a small bonus item for display. In this case it was a metal bottle opener and a postcard with the Quantum car. The Sugar Bombs car came with a small cereal box and a fridge magnet I forgot to take a picture of, but it's the bomb logo seen on the cereal box.
KVT7lq3.jpg

Lw7MPbA.jpg

Catphish

I’ve been piecing this together since last winter. I started with the wheel, pedals, and rig, then the shifter, then the motion platform, then the HOTAS. It was no small task mounting all that shit.

I’m pretty friggin happy with it, though. ACC and FS2020 + VR in this thing is pretty much the pinnacle of gaming, as far as I’m concerned. Not much compares.

Now if only Elite Dangerous would output telemetry so it would be compatible with the motion platform, I’d probably never leave the house.

WsuX769.jpg

I’ve been piecing this together since last winter. I started with the wheel, pedals, and rig, then the shifter, then the motion platform, then the HOTAS. It was no small task mounting all that shit.

I’m pretty friggin happy with it, though. ACC and FS2020 + VR in this thing is pretty much the pinnacle of gaming, as far as I’m concerned. Not much compares.

Now if only Elite Dangerous would output telemetry so it would be compatible with the motion platform, I’d probably never leave the house.

WsuX769.jpg

A dedicated racing setup is something I've always wanted to put together seeing as so much of my gaming time is spent in racing. I just don't have space for it. The closest I ever came was a folding plastic table with a wheel clamped to it and a cheap pedal set. Take a hard right and watch the table get twisted out from under you while you slide out of your chair trying to press the brake pedal as it migrates away from you. I swear I was one of those infomercial people :messenger_grinning_sweat:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Catphish

A dedicated racing setup is something I've always wanted to put together seeing as so much of my gaming time is spent in racing. I just don't have space for it. The closest I ever came was a folding plastic table with a wheel clamped to it and a cheap pedal set. Take a hard right and watch the table get twisted out from under you while you slide out of your chair trying to press the brake pedal as it migrates away from you. I swear I was one of those infomercial people :messenger_grinning_sweat:

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Dunno if it matters, but my rig has wheels on the bottom. When I’m done, I just disconnect everything, wrap the cables up, and roll the thing into the corner.

Last edited:
Dunno if it matters, but my rig has wheels on the bottom. When I’m done, I just disconnect everything, wrap the cables up, and roll the thing into the corner.

My problem is that I have nowhere for the seat in front of my PC and the PC is in the only place I have for it. The room is also where I build scale models and that stuff eats up a lot of space too. I have about a foot behind my desk chair and that's about it before I run into my cabinet that holds all my paint and supplies, then the work table. I was supposed to have the entire basement of the house to free up space and put together a nerdery this year but my friend downstairs didn't end up moving out. Some day...

Kuranghi

I got the Persona 5 Essential Edition, Shadow of the Colossus and Little Big Adventure 1+2 (Orchestrated + Originals) vinyls not that long ago:

JkyYC7S.jpg
YnzuRnE.jpg
A1keMUX.jpg
S85EizU.jpg
mEVKsvY.jpg
vdizpRo.jpg
jJP0Ndx.jpg

I was going to sell the Persona 5 one to fund other vinyls but no one is buying it in the UK for decent money (It cost £105 including delivery and tax :messenger_grimmacing_) right now so I might just keep it since its so great. I wish it was the 6xLP one though (I've seen that go for £500 sealed), with every track but its not like this one is bare bones either lol.

I want the Grim Fandango, Abzu and Rez Infinite vinyls super bad but Grim Fandango regularly sells for nearly £300 even used and I'm not paying that silly money. Abzu is just never available anywhere afaics and Rez Infinite is £170-210 for sealed which is nuts too.

n.b. Sorry for terrible photos but my cheap remote controlled LED bulbs are being nuts so its stuck on 1% brightness and can't get a good angle that doesn't include my phone camera flash.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
After all these years I finally got one:

98n2ywl.jpg

It was fun taking a look at the data on my PS1 memory card (I kept it after all these years). I thought it would only be able to read first party Sony memory cards but it works just fine with 3rd party mem cards as well. PS3's are not region locked so this japanese adapter worked with my US ps3 and mem cards just fine.

After all these years I finally got one:

98n2ywl.jpg

It was fun taking a look at the data on my PS1 memory card (I kept it after all these years). I thought it would only be able to read first party Sony memory cards but it works just fine with 3rd party mem cards as well. PS3's are not region locked so this japanese adapter worked with my US ps3 and mem cards just fine.

I still have my PS1 Memory cards I bought just for all the Gran Turismo cars. My brother is about to send his PS1 in to get it modded so I'll finally be able to use them again after all these years :messenger_grinning:

Impotaku

Most of my pickups this year so far have been PS1 stuff, managed to find a few i had been after. Love love truck & nainai meitantei
bDSSEyX.jpg

xLnz4IT.jpg

Also after 2 years of hunting also managed to get hold of a new sealed copy of tokyo wakusei planetokio, wanted to play this for the longest of time but it's a bitch to get hold of especially new.
tOZxvF2.jpg

Plus a couple of extra transparent dualshocks & a copy of game tengoku 2
gqMsOmX.jpg

6SraePG.jpg

Puyo puyo sun
1DZVGEC.jpg

And a pair of these which i have wanted for a while, use them to hold my gashapon collection but also put some remote control led lights in some of the capsules to make it into a fancy looking mood light.
lMxtKLY.jpg

UXKWgg2.jpg

FWmNmrl.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Nx8ZS8O_d.webp
I have the same gashapon minis 👍

Plus that big boy. If you love gasha that's what you need to try to find. Love your light mod need that for the big one.
Part of me wants the full sized one there's marketplace sellers on amazon japan selling them but the shipping from japan to the uk would destroy me. They weigh so much.

These are the type of lights i put in the capsules
hpmnLgN.jpg

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Part of me wants the full sized one there's marketplace sellers on amazon japan selling them but the shipping from japan to the uk would destroy me. They weigh so much.

These are the type of lights i put in the capsules
hpmnLgN.jpg
You can try your luck locally. Mine is either from Germany or another European country that uses euro. Inside all instructions are in Japanese but it uses euro so must have been imported at one point. I assume some time 2003 and 2006 so it's quiet old.

I grabbed these since they were cheap and not completely destroyed. I already own them digitally but my physical Forza collection stopped at Forza Motorsport 5 which never sat well with me. I still need Horizon 4 and 5 but they can wait until I find them on the cheap. On the Motorsport side I need 6 and 7. I'm also looking for the entire PGR series but all I keep finding is dogshit condition games that I assume were propping up a table or used as an ashtray.

PHvyTLf.jpg

My brother grabbed me this a couple weeks ago, it's an Analogue Pocket. The screen is 1600x1440 meaning each "pixel" in the screen below is actually 100 pixels. This allows it to replicate the DMG screen used on the OG Gameboy, including the a ghosting effect if I want, as well as the LCD screen of every other version of the system released including GBA systems.

9pnJJ3B.jpg

4WAMYLa.jpg

He also grabbed me a Krikzz Everdrive for it
RRZSLcV.jpg

Which has allowed me to play some games I'll never be able to find, fan translations of games I'd never be able to play otherwise and some games that never actually released. Between the Game Boy games loaded onto the Pocket itself and the GBA games on the Everdrive I have a couple thousand games to go through.
WH9TQ2t.jpg

aJDux7M.jpg

fe0ToUH.jpg

Couple more releases turned up today bringing my library of switch stuff to 170 games so far.
X7rDiC3.jpg

It blows my mind how well the Switch works as an indie machine. I expected to see a couple dozen Nintendo releases on the system worth owning but the my brother's Switch collection has long since outgrown the shelves he set aside for them. Limited Run and similar special edition releases have been very plentiful on the system.

I especially love how consistent the Switch library has been with it's bindings, makes the collection look very nice.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
The pickups threads have always been my favourite and yet I keep forgetting to post in here!

My wife surprised me last week with a new display cabinet. I was eyeing one on Facebook marketplace and after originally asking $500 the seller was dropping their price every few days. My wife ended up going with her brother to collect it. I was stoked. It is really good quality. I have one in my games room which is a store style and it was super expensive. I couldn't justify paying that much money again. She got this one for $200!

The new cabinet is in our spare room which I have officially taken over now with my gaming stuff as I've run out of room in my games room! The first picture is of the new display, and the second picture is of the display in my games room.

FHlMUkh.jpg

gnT23lZ.jpg

As always, feel free to follow me on Instagram @retrogamerx1987

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
SegaManAU SegaManAU i rarely approve of figurine displays... yours is shockingly tasteful... dont add anymore "pie_tears_joy:

ummm.... i bought this today... Sonic Origins, my ass

20220427-154637.jpg
Haha. Thank you, good sir! I can't add anymore but I might try and make it a bit neater!!

Love that collection, good selection of games!

The pickups threads have always been my favourite and yet I keep forgetting to post in here!

My wife surprised me last week with a new display cabinet. I was eyeing one on Facebook marketplace and after originally asking $500 the seller was dropping their price every few days. My wife ended up going with her brother to collect it. I was stoked. It is really good quality. I have one in my games room which is a store style and it was super expensive. I couldn't justify paying that much money again. She got this one for $200!

The new cabinet is in our spare room which I have officially taken over now with my gaming stuff as I've run out of room in my games room! The first picture is of the new display, and the second picture is of the display in my games room.

FHlMUkh.jpg

gnT23lZ.jpg

As always, feel free to follow me on Instagram @retrogamerx1987

I need to move my Gunpla collection into something more like that. Right now I have 200+ MG kits sitting on open shelves requiring close to three hours of dusting a couple times a year.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Been after one of these for ages, eBay priced are stupid, there's one for sale for £250!!

Finally got one locally and not a rip off.

k6DzmpC.jpg

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I love how everything from this period in time came new from the factory looking like it came used from a smoker's house.
To be fair its not actually to bad. Might put it in the sheep dip (retro bright) but not entirely sure. One of the STs I got is proper yelllow'd - just thank god it doesn't stink of fags!!

To be fair its not actually to bad. Might put it in the sheep dip (retro bright) but not entirely sure. One of the STs I got is proper yelllow'd - just thank god it doesn't stink of fags!!

My first PC was a Tandy 1000 (Radio Shack branded IBM) my grandma bought us back in the 80's (she was a very forward-thinking person). I think it was one of the earlier "modern" desktop PCs in the big mid-80's PC market boom. It was the first computer I'd seen that was more of the eggshell white color that remained until the '00s and not a shade of beige.

Kind of miss it, now everything is some variation of black and looks dusty again the day after you clean it.

SCB3

So this month I decided to recollect all of the Mario and Zelda games for my collection and this month picked up the following:

BtExAom.jpg

p7kpzOv.jpg

Rzg7zy4.jpg

Not bad for less than £100 I don't think(I think the total Cash spent was about £60 tbh) (I traded in XC: DE and Switch Sports for this complete Zelda OoT, not a bad deal imo)

Now need to actually rebuy the consoles to play these

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Txf5213.jpg

2006 Burger King Super Mario Key Chain display.

VbIt0SW.jpg
zNLtNPa.jpg

Store Promo shirt from the OG Xbox. Not sure which store this is from though.

I also picked up a good amount of OG Xbox titles but I never took a photo of them together and now I can't be bothered taking them off the shelf for a photo! Some notable titles in that stack are Stubbs the Zombies and Psychonauts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom