• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF 2020 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE [REAL PICS ONLY]

Yep I intend to baby this beauty.

I bet that hd crt is amazing for 360/ps3/Wii u games! Yeah I should definitely get around to hacking my Wii haha, it’s not a bad emulation box at all.

A very nearly accurate emulation box is something I’d love to have, I will definitely look into the mister.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
B0gm4F3.jpg

New PSU came in the mail today. Now I just need to get my hands on a RTX 3090.

Finally got my KOS-MOS figure. I thought it might have gotten lost at one point.

Quality is right on-par with the previous two figures with come nice subtle airbrush work (where her leotard material is stretched the skin color underneath becomes slightly visible) Lots of really nice details on her suit like the reinforced spine running down her back and the visor's optics.

The figure also lines up perfectly between the Mythra and Pyra figures which really made my day. I was wondering how they would fit together on a shelf.

cVJVzZV.jpg

i4wHJrB.jpg

Got this Liberty Prime figure a couple months ago, made by Chronicle. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality. For the size it was a pretty cheap figure, but the detail and paintwork is exceptional even compared to some of the more expensive figures I've seen. The large armor panels have a galvanized finish with a metallic blue glint in the right light. The wear and corrosion is well done as well. I wish Bethesda's games showed half the level of polish their merchandise does.

jC1QCFj.jpg

D5NJjdA.jpg

New retro l00t, from a slightly inebriated moment, the other weekend :messenger_grinning_sweat::

> Sees Sarah Jan Avory's new indie game (Zeta Wing) on Twitter

> "I should buy a Commodore 64!"

> *...looks on eBay*

My wallet be like:
06kopJ8.gif

Meanwhile in Australia :
fC8LYlm.gif

> "Clicking the Buy it Now" button at 3am:

giphy.gif

Drunk eBay purchases for the win.

One week later,

eFU0WDO.jpg

yHblv3e.jpg

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Been a while since I've posted anything, but it's been a pretty good couple of weeks:

iFbw26C.png

FUCKIN SOCKS, BRO.

Also got

pQd18yg.png

Which.... admittedly, is kind of boring. iPhone 12 Pro's only real benefit is that it has flat sides and a matte back again, so it's not like a fucking bar of soap.

More dumb shit for weebs:

TniB8T5.png

Plz ignore the Whiplash 4K blu-ray - it was a mistake. I thought it was anime.

Anyway, on to the real shit. ARCADE STUFF.

cJLXDpz.png

Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha and Street Fighter Zero 3. I need to clean the cases up, but yeah.

But that's not all!

3XfosGS.png

Pulstar and Rage of the Dragons - 2 Neo Geo games I've wanted for a loooong time.

But here's the REEEEAAAALLL SHIT:

N1hNgCd.png

Which, when you fire it up is:

1oJGTpl.jpg

Guwange, which was one of my holy grail games.

Phew. More arcade shit on the way, too.

I got a couple Bandai model kits. The Saturn and the PS1. The detail they put into these things is crazy, but then it's Bandai and I have come to expect it. I've built well over 200 Bandai kits and I'm floored every time they step it up again.

I already finished the Saturn. Trying to source images for reference I discovered there are about 1000 variations of the Saturn with about 32,000 power supply variations. What a mess the production of this console was.

In the end it came out alright. I added a lot of custom touches like wiring, a lot of fine paint work and even some twist-ties standing in as a ribbon cable.
Q57D9L3.jpg

Not technically my pickup, but I posted that my older brother gave me his old Dreamcast in last year's thread. Well my younger brother took it and went all-out with it. Noctua fan mod, HDMI mod, and a MODE running off an SSD all put into a new black shell which fits well with all the Analog consoles. It's basically a perfect Dreamcast now with every game ever made for it on-board including a lot of games I didn't even know existed. What a great console.

He's planning on modding my Saturn and I've been on the lookout for a decent 50XX series PS1 to use as a base to build a modded PS1. No black shells exist so I'll have to coat it and make decals for the buttons and lid. Should be a fun project.

Last year:

This year:
eSpjDo5.jpg

A5miv2t.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Playstation finished. Sadly I don't think it's nearly as good. You even have to flip it on it's side to play FMV. Looks like Sony didn't allow them to duplicate things like the warning labels so they read "plastic model" instead of a complete replica of the labels like on the Saturn. Also no real game label, just a placeholder disc. Still super cool, but a bit of a letdown.

5aUiWhO.jpg

Qxxxcn7.jpg

Quasicat

Got the Playstation finished. Sadly I don't think it's nearly as good. You even have to flip it on it's side to play FMV. Looks like Sony didn't allow them to duplicate things like the warning labels so they read "plastic model" instead of a complete replica of the labels like on the Saturn. Also no real game label, just a placeholder disc. Still super cool, but a bit of a letdown.

5aUiWhO.jpg

Qxxxcn7.jpg

At least they were able to use the official logos and trademarks. I just love the design of console logos and designs, especially the PS on the top of the disc lid.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got a Lectro Fan (white noise generator) to help me sleep. I've been wanting to try it out since last year but it was on sale for black friday so I finally took the plunge:

PLfka3V.png

Not pictured: Soul Calibur VI for $10 on Steam and also Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

Last edited:
I finally got a Lectro Fan (white noise generator) to help me sleep. I've been wanting to try it out since last year but it was on sale for black friday so I finally took the plunge:

PLfka3V.png

Not pictured: Soul Calibur VI for $10 on Steam and also Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

I found the best thing to help me sleep is to watch the movie 'Salt' with Angelina Jolie. It's been over a decade and I've never made it more than ten minutes in.

Last edited:
It feels like forever since I've posted in this thread or NeoGaf at all lately but its time to catch up abit.

agUQsjgh.jpg

Lets start big, next gen is here! I grabbed Demon's Souls and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla as my launch games. Definitely bummed that Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed as I had planned to grab that too but if it makes a more complete game when everybody loads it up so be it, Dec 10th it is.

W3D2IAyh.jpg

What a beast this console is, its massive and dwarfs every other console! but its even more pretty in person. The Pulse 3D Wireless Headset has been very nice, they are comparable to the New Wireless Gold Headset for PS4 volume wise. The headset itself is good and tight around your head and the big super soft foamys feel great on your ears and provide some decent noise cancellation.

6Ggxb1Dh.jpg

Super Mario 3D All Stars, had the other games already but given the anniversary this warranted a cool pic.

oFOvqj1.jpg

I've had so much fun with this game, I even got online with the original buddy I used to play this with when the original came out, now his son is playing so he's already getting better than we are at this lol.

E4ZvbDmh.jpg

Another remake I'm having fun with, I'm still playing through this slowly, the story if you like Mob movies is great. I have the original on PS2 but this is so much better. I only wish it was more open GTA style with such a big beautiful throw back city to the 1930's. The voice acting has been really good too.

efQdB6hh.jpg

I got this on sale for $20 CAD at London Drugs, I'm going to play through Borderlands 2 in VR now that it has PS Aim support and then pop this into the PS5, I think it was one of the games that has an automatic upgrade for PS5.

Isbr8cNh.jpg

Again I had the warp pipe and the Goomba Amiibo but it just warranted a cool pic.

42rSzKvh.jpg

The Lightsaber, TIE Fighter model, Darth Vader edition DualShock4 controller and PSVR headset are for dramatic effect. Star Wars Squadrons was the purchase and a brilliant one. Between Star Wars Squadrons and Vader Immortal dojo's thats all I've been playing on PSVR for the past while flipping between the two. If you liked the space battles in Star Wars Battlefront I/ II, Star Wars Squadrons is for you, its basically that in PSVR when it comes to actual gameplay.

wYmYYkXh.jpg

Of course my purchases wouldn't be complete without some Amiibo pick ups to keep the Smash series complete. I ordered the Smash Isabelle and this is what came, only my second poor eBay experience in over 10 years.

KRwtMnSh.jpg

pn0QYrZh.jpg

I missed the release dates on these all together but managed to get the pair when popping into EB Games for some PS5 related business.

aYGSL71h.jpg

Rx4SiQ6h.jpg

g2r5SnBh.jpg

Anyone else get their hands on the awesomeness of the physical edition of Stardew Valley from fangamer.com? The little display is really cool, its sourced from Birch and Cherry Wood. Each piece was individually wrapped in like a double sided masking tape that you had to very meticulously take off. It came with everything you see in the middle pic and a poster which is the same as the box art. Receiving this game inspired me to restart my farm, what an addictive game. This has forever been at the top of my must have physical copy list, I wanted it on the Switch though, very happy with this.

I think I'm all caught up now lol. Over this whole pandemic, everyone sees all sorts of crazy shit all over the world and I've literally just hunkered down and done all the gaming I possibly can. Stay safe and embrace being gamers, now is our time!

diffusionx

Gold Member

I had one of these way back in the day, I think it was a 24", ultimately got rid of it because it was huge and clunky, and... I don't really regret it I must say. It was the TV I used when I first got my 360, couldn't read Dead Rising text, etc.

Still... a wonderful TV for PS2, PS1, Xbox, Cube, etc.

Last edited:
I had one of these way back in the day, I think it was a 24", ultimately got rid of it because it was huge and clunky, and... I don't really regret it I must say. It was the TV I used when I first got my 360, couldn't read Dead Rising text, etc.

Still... a wonderful TV for PS2, PS1, Xbox, Cube, etc.
Jeez, should've never gotten rid of that one. The 24" model of the tv as I understand has extra color control in the user menu, and the smaller size probably gave it better geometry too. As amazing as these trinitrons are, they tend to have a bit of red color bias, so that model had a pretty useful feature. I find the 27" pretty easy to move around, but doorways are a bit of a pain.

But yeah man. I will work on these tubes that I have for as long as i'm alive and can get parts ; I can't play 5th gen and earlier any other way. I'm 50/50 on cube/xbox/wii due to the lack of progressive scan, but given the choice i'd stick to crts.

Last edited:
00ZIO74.jpg

A shiny new MiSTer FPGA build (and some other miscellaneous gaming loot).

FYI: The MiSTer is the best gaming purchase I've made in the last couple of years (especially when paired with the MegaDrive style controller by 8BitDo). Highly recommended. If you're on the fence... don't hesitate, it's worth every cent.

...& some RC goodness before the re-release of the 1990's holy grail arrives (the Top Force Evo) later this year:

5vB5bbB.jpg

00ZIO74.jpg

A shiny new MiSTer FPGA build (and some other miscellaneous gaming loot).

FYI: The MiSTer is the best gaming purchase I've made in the last couple of years (especially when paired with the MegaDrive style controller by 8BitDo). Highly recommended. If you're on the fence... don't hesitate, it's worth every cent.

...& some RC goodness before the re-release of the 1990's holy grail arrives (the Top Force Evo) later this year:

5vB5bbB.jpg

I started a 2021 pick-up thread, I forgot to mention so in this post in case anyone came here looking for the 2021 thread

I started a 2021 pick-up thread, I forgot to mention so in this post in case anyone came here looking for the 2021 thread

Cheers for the heads-up and thanks for creating the new 2021 OT thread, mate :messenger_beermugs:

Top Bottom