• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Isaac to play solid snake in metal gear solid movie

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Firebase

This short by OATS Studio always remined me of Metal Gear Solid.

The damaged veteran, paranormal-timeline-dimension shifting weirdness, shadow agency involvement and bizarre weaponry..

John2290

Yep he can do it. The direction for his character was just meh in the ST. But he can do it justice. I mean the dude is actually so good you don’t say oh that’s Tom Hanks you say holy shit that character is great. Don’t forget Annihilation that’s probably the best depiction of what to expect.

See above watch Annihilation.
It shitty that people think he was that guy in Star wars but fuck it, he was. To me, he was that guy in Ex Machina and man would he make a great Solid snake. Annihilation is probably a good one is his favour cause I can't even recall him being in the film, lmao.

MrMephistoX

pretty sure they were going for an out of shape older guy... it fits the past his prime theme.
It shitty that people think he was that guy in Star wars but fuck it, he was. To me, he was that guy in Ex Machina and man would he make a great Solid snake. Annihilation is probably a good one is his favour cause I can't even recall him being in the film, lmao.

That’s the mark of a good actor to me like Christian Bale: you remember the character not necessarily the actor.

Gp1

In my opinion Scot Eastwood should be the perfect choice for Solid Snake but im ok with this decision

y5e5OTx.jpg

He would make a great some sort of "dominant gene" Liquid Snake

Now you guys let me dream with Jeff Bridges as Big Boss....
jeff-bridges.jpg

jeff-bridges.jpg

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I wonder why we haven't heard anything about this in a long time? Maybe Sony still hasn't greenlit it.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I wonder why we haven't heard anything about this in a long time? Maybe Sony still hasn't greenlit it.
The same director that is working on this is working on the Gundam live action movie. He hasn't started work on either yet. He isn't sure which one he's doing first (at least according to him back in July)

Jordan hinted in an interview a few months ago that casting Oscar is one more step towards the greenlight but it's not quite there yet.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
He's dreadful in Star Wars but there's only so much you can do with those awful scripts. He's good in everything else.

WitchHunter

Banned
I like him, but he is a babyface. He needs to age or get some proper beating, to be taken seriously. Volgin might give him a few broken ribs and some subdermal hemorrhaging.

Top Bottom