• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori Dev Criticizes Microsoft For Creating “Artificial Barriers”

Pallas

I get the idea of removing barriers to allow more players to play the games they want, where they want but thus isn’t going to happen realistically.

Yes Phil likes to talk a lot, sometimes too much but that is his job and like it or hate it, he’s done the most out of the big 3 to make games available to the market by putting first party games on PC day 1 and creating Gamepass that can be used on a multitude of devices. You may see it on a Sony console one day but realistically speaking I don’t think Sony would allow a rival service on their console and that’s completely understandable. You saw how long it took EA play to launch on the PS4, after all.

tygertrip

Maybe you forget Sony is not against exclusivity deal where Phil repeatedly taunt it. I mean Spencer contradict himself and this guy just pointed out the obvious. It's not like because MS give you the money you are not legitimate to criticize them. Some of you are unbelievable.
They signed an exclusive contract. End of story. I hope you are a child, because it's unbelievable an adult wouldn't understand a business contract takes precedence over marketing fluff.

tygertrip

Why are people bringing up Phil and his play everywhere theory into this, I feel like the point he was trying to say was you can play our games on your console, PC & mobile via the cloud and not be stuck on our competitor's one console
That's exactly what he meant. People are idiots and read too much into stuff. I'm sure saying this makes me an XBox fanboy, despite the fact I only play on PC, Switch, PS4, and want to eventually get a PS5. Also, PC gamepass is the buggiest piece of shit ever. Unusable.

tygertrip

The hell is that shit. Talk about the argument not about the quantity of my posts. WTF it has to do with the matter of the thread? I'm talking about Spencer who contradict himself when we talk about this matter and the developer pointed out nothing of new. The religious admiration who some of you have toward Phil opinion it's almost pathological.

tygertrip

See kids, this is what being on ResetEra does to you.

Plenty of stuff in the history of human activity that could have reached a larger audience “if only [insert condition here]”. This guy’s games are more famous than most gaming gems you’ll only discover through very specialized channels, and he’s still complaining he got a bad deal. Ori is available on a system that’s closing in on 100 million pieces sold, ffs.
Heh. When it comes ree and this dev, I think it is clear that entitled, whiny, socially- rejected, anxiety-ridden birds of a feather flock together!

tygertrip

I think people are reading a lot into the 'anywhere' comments from Phil...

The 'rhetoric Phil espouses' of anywhere, any time, any device is the Satya MSFT ethos for adapting cloud first business model and subscription services e.g. Azure and 365. So when Phil spouts off in similar language, it refers to cloud gaming and not 'I-want-to-put-all-games-on-our-competitors-platforms-kumbaya'.

Can someone find Phil's quote where he implicitly states that?
What you are saying is EXACTLY what he means. It ASTOUNDS me that so many nitwits think he was saying MS was going to publish all their games natively on a PS console.

rushgore

The 13 year old kid whose parents were able to only afford to buy one system for their child now won’t grow up playing Halo because Microsoft believes that it makes the most financial sense to leave PlayStation players out.
gtfo with that bullshit. aww boohoo that random kid can't play halo.

Goalus

If Sony allowed xCloud on Playstation consoles, Ori could be played on Playstation consoles.
To me it seems that Sony create and maintain the artificial barriers, not MS.

Top Bottom