• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps launches February 11, 2020

Mista

Banned

Ori and the Will of the Wisps will launch for Xbox One and PC on February 11, 2020, publisher Microsoft and developer Moon Studios announced at the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.

Here is an overview of the game, via Microsoft:
About

From the creators of Ori and the Blind Forest—the acclaimed action platformer with more than 50 awards and nominations—comes the highly-anticipated sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter towering enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel Ori’s true destiny.

Key Features

• Immerse yourself in a hand-crafted narrative experience. Unravel Ori’s true destiny in this emotional and engaging story driven adventure with a stunning soundtrack. Explore a vast, exotic, and strikingly beautiful environments.
  • Master new skills. Guide Ori through a journey of untold danger using newly acquired spirit weapons, spells, and attacks. Utilize an all-new shard system to power-up Ori’s newfound abilities and customize your style of play.
  • Face epic enemies and challenging puzzles. Encounter larger-than-life bosses and seek help from an expansive cast of new characters who will help you uncover Ori’s mysterious fate.
  • Experience a new thrilling mode. Race to the top of the leaderboards in the all-new Spirit Trials mode where players dash, burrow, grapple, and leap to high scores in unique speed-run challenges throughout the game.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Ori and the Will of the Wisps releases on February 11, 2020 and will be available with Xbox Game Pass, playable on Xbox One and Windows 10. Also, available in Steam.

From the creators of Ori and the Blind Forest - the acclaimed action platformer game with more than 50 awards and nominations - comes the highly-anticipated sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter towering enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel Ori’s true destiny.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
The fact that this is its third consecutive e3 appearance worries me. Why the delays? Or may it have simply been a case of showing it far too early into its development

The original was my game of the year by a considerable distance back in 2015 so I'd be absolutely gutted if this isn't at least on par with it. If I hadn't got a PC I'd have bought an XBO for part 1 and likely an XB OneX for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 888
The thing is Sony has games all the time that get delayed and nobody bats and eyelid. Better to spend the extra time and make sure it's polished and bug free, no?

Top Bottom