• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Coming to Nintendo Switch AVAILABLE TODAY

ultrazilla

Quite impressive that they managed 60fps on Switch as i remember the XB1 have some major framerate problems at launch.

Moon Studios went on record saying that the Nintendo Switch version(at the time of course) was *THE* best version of the game compared to the Xbox One version!

Here it is: Ori game director: Switch version is better than Xbox One version

Wizards I tell you, Wizards! Especially since it uses the UNITY ENGINE(yes, you read that right..UNITY ENGINE!)
:goog_oops: :goog_cool:

Dr Bass

Hmm is it good on the Switch? I was planning on eventually playing this on the Series X and I feel like it might still be better to wait. My TV can do 120hz so wait for 4k, 120hz or play it on the Switch now with who knows what kind of image quality ...

ultrazilla

That collectors edition is $150, they’re out of their fucking minds.

Long ago, I made the decision to NEVER go down the road of "special edition games"...no room and too expensive. Glad I decided that cause some of them are tempting. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Hmm is it good on the Switch? I was planning on eventually playing this on the Series X and I feel like it might still be better to wait. My TV can do 120hz so wait for 4k, 120hz or play it on the Switch now with who knows what kind of image quality ...

AMAZING on the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Long ago, I made the decision to NEVER go down the road of "special edition games"...no room and too expensive. Glad I decided that cause some of them are tempting. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

AMAZING on the Nintendo Switch.

And to be clear, you're talking about the one that dropped today and not the original? If so did you try it?

Murr

That Collectors edition looks sick. I hope it is something you can actually buy here in europe.

ultrazilla

And to be clear, you're talking about the one that dropped today and not the original? If so did you try it?

I'm talking about my Nintendo Switch experience with Ori and the Blind Forest and PC experience with Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Great games and knowing that Wisps is native resolution for both modes of the Switch and 60fps, I'm confident you'll enjoy it. :messenger_bicep:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
That Collectors edition looks sick. I hope it is something you can actually buy here in europe.

It's not.

Sadly it's exclusive to iam8bit.

But it's way too bloody expensive (Postage to UK is 49.99 making it $200)

This was my GOTY this year.

Absolutely a masterpiece.

This game is well-catered to the strengths of the Switch like it's portability. It's easy to pick up and play for a few minutes at a time. My main concern was framerate as the game can move really fast at times and require quick reflex actions, but the framerate appears rock-solid.

Anyone with a Switch should be picking this up.

Vawn

Banned
Didn't Phil say when this released on Xbox that it would definitely not be coming to Switch?

Vawn

Banned

The first one actually performed better on Switch than on Xbox One. This one was borderline unplayable on my original Xbox One. It would constantly freeze for a full second or two in the middle of combat and platforming.

I'd wait to hear how it performs on Switch.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The first one actually performed better on Switch than on Xbox One. This one was borderline unplayable on my original Xbox One. It would constantly freeze for a full second or two in the middle of combat and platforming.

I'd wait to hear how it performs on Switch.

Game launched in a bad state. It's fixed now. Even added bunch of QoL stuff.

PanzerAzel

Wait, wha.....?

WHAT???

Holy shit. Woooooooo!!! I had dropped all hope for this as I believed them saying it was beyond Switch’s capabilities. Fucking awesome. What a pleasant surprise. 😬😬😬

Hype! I'm glad I haven't bought the PC version yet.

Wait, wha.....?

WHAT???

Holy shit. Woooooooo!!! I had dropped all hope for this as I believed them saying it was beyond Switch’s capabilities. Fucking awesome. What a pleasant surprise. 😬😬😬

They really did? It doesn't look like anything Switch wouldn't be able to handle.

The game is awesome and I'm glad it's coming to the Switch. I thought the OG was harder, but the sequel has more variety. Now Nintendo needs to release the Zelda Link's Awakening to the Xbox to be fair. :messenger_squinting_tongue: :messenger_beaming:

Max_Po

Banned
150 US ? I can get a brand new Switch lite for that with at work discount...

oh lookz me selling colored paper + cardboardz @ 150... hurry get it before Greta Pretzel zings me for wasting paper and ruining earths resources

NikuNashi

Great (unexpected) news, never thought this would come to a console I own. Will be picking this up. Beautiful animation, hope the gameplay is good.

PanzerAzel

Hype! I'm glad I haven't bought the PC version yet.

They really did? It doesn't look like anything Switch wouldn't be able to handle.
Yeah. This was from June. Moon obviously bullshitting through their teeth as at this point the game was more than likely in its bug testing/polishing stage.

Murr

It's not.

Sadly it's exclusive to iam8bit.

But it's way too bloody expensive (Postage to UK is 49.99 making it $200)

It is a shame. i would buy it immediately, but don't want to go through the trouble of importing it.
Can only hope my go to store will get copies. But propably not.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022

Here is it running on Switch.

60 fps on the switch

Randy_7a40c2_2531395.gif

TalentedMrJ

They outright lied and said that a Switch version would be impossible

Sigh, the issue with me is, I have this on Game Pass but I prefer Indie games on Switch, so do I buy this? I loved the first game

Also that CE is incredible, but fuck that price

Played for a bit on Gamepass but barely scratched the surface
$30?
I'll think about it

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
thanks for ruining xbox, microsoft :cry:

seriously tho, how much :D

I know you guys are just kidding but it's the Sony boys that don't like to share. Us Xbots don't mind if the PCMRs or our NintenBros get to play our games, the more the merrier (except Sony fanboys :messenger_winking:) .

With Ori in particular it would be an absolute crime for this game not to be on Switch. Hope you guys love it.

pasterpl

Another one of the best reasons to own an Xbox, being ported to give you fewer reasons to own an Xbox.

Seriously though, I might buy this later, but man, Xbox really are just schizophrenic with their approach to gaming these days.

they have said that they want as many players as possible to experience their games regardless of the device, now they are delivering on that promise, so what is schizophrenic about them releasing ori on switch?

Pejo

Fantastic game. I might even double dip to have it portable. It's a perfect fit for handheld gaming.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Excellent news! Will definitely be picking this up. If it’s half as good as Ori and the Blind Forest, it’s a hell of a deal!

Top Bottom