• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orcs Must Die! 3 announced exclusively for Stadia

Mista

Banned

Developer Robot Entertainment announced action tower defense game sequel Orcs Must Die! 3 exclusively for Stadia during the latest Stadia Connect. It will launch in spring 2020.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
About

Orc Must Die! 3 ushers orc-slaying mayhem to a previously unimaginable scale. All new War Scenarios pit players and their friends against the largest orc armies ever assembled. Mountable War Machines give players the essential firepower to heave, stab, carbonize, and disarticulate the abominable intruders. Orcs Must Die! 3 is the long-awaited successor to the award-winning series.

Key Featurse

• War Scenarios – All new War Scenarios deliver on the promise of massive scale first set out in Orcs Must Die. Confront overwhelming armies of orcs on the battlefields surrounding the castles. Thin out waves of orcs hundreds strong before they breach the walls and crash your rift.
  • War Machines – You’re going to need new weapons of death and destruction to handle these hordes. War Machines are traps on an oversized scale. Lay down your mega flip trap and launch dozens of ragdolling orcs. Mount your mega boom barrel launcher and unleash pyrotechnic glory.
  • New Story – Play through a brand new story set 20 years after Orcs Must Die! 2, where the War Mage and Sorceress have rebuilt the order and trained new young apprentices.
  • MoreOrcs Must Die! 3 is everything fans loved about the first two games and more. More orcs, more traps, more weapons, more upgrades. It’s cranked up to at least eleven. Maybe even twelve.
Gematsu

Griffon

giphy.gif

Pallas

Gold Member
I wouldn’t call it that. It’s still not a platform you want to run out and get.

Not yet anyway... I don’t care for that franchise one bit but I guess their killer exclusives will start at buying rights to indies?

Holammer

How predictable having a black guy and a girl, but that's still not the minimum diversity quota required these days, one of them better be gay (autist or multiple system is also acceptable).
Jokes aside, shame it's a Stadia exclusive, the series 90%+ user scores on Steam are well deserved (Unchained never happened).

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
That's the most upsetting headline I've ever read. I have played disturbing amounts of orcs must die, but I'm not getting stadia, and I'm not doing this exclusivity bullshit.

DESTROYA

That's the most upsetting headline I've ever read. I have played disturbing amounts of orcs must die, but I'm not getting stadia, and I'm not doing this exclusivity bullshit.
Good for you man, this whole streaming game service platform should just go away.
I really don’t see any benefit for it.

KaiserBecks

What a shame. It‘s an awesome ip but it looks like it still won‘t find the success it deserves. I hope it‘ll get ported eventually.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Good for you man, this whole streaming game service platform should just go away.
I really don’t see any benefit for it.
I have no issue with streaming as long as I have an alternative. But there is none. The prices google operate with, and my faith in a stable performance makes it unacceptable for me.

I can live with waiting a few minutes to download a game, I have fiber.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Timed exclusive. Made with google's backing.

I have to say though, if robot had done what they should have, instead of chasing the golden goose with the disappointing omd unleashed, maybe they wouldn't have had to downsize in the first place.

Helios

Timed exclusive. Made with google's backing.

I have to say though, if robot had done what they should have, instead of chasing the golden goose with the disappointing omd unleashed, maybe they wouldn't have had to downsize in the first place.

Yep. Quite dissapointing but if it's the only way they could get the game out. Sure, I'll wait until it comes on other platforms. By that time we'll also know if the game is good or not.
Like you said though. It's entirely their fault that they're in this position to begin with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom