• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oppenheimer Announcement Teaser (Christopher Nolan, 7/21/23)

Draugoth

Gold Member

FYtRRWZVUAABqoy

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The man's never made a bad movie, so I'm looking forward to this... I'm just not sure what kind of movie it's going to be, given the subject matter. Not a thriller, certainly.

Last edited:

DKehoe

The man's never made a bad movie, so I'm looking forward to this... I'm just not sure what kind of movie it's going to be, given the subject matter. Not a thriller, certainly.
Yeh I’m curious since this seems like it’ll be a lot less action focused than any of his other films.

SJRB

Gold Member
That was pretty whack. Still super confused about this whole premise, it just feels so random.

Porcile

And so starts the Chris Nolan cycle once again!
  1. New teaser trailer for a Chris Nolan film - "OH DAMN LOOKS DOPE!"
  2. Trailer 2 - "OH GOD FUCKING DAMN THAT LOOKS DOPE!"
  3. Movie is released - critics/twitter/social media etc "OH GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCK THAT WAS FUCKING DOPE! CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS THE NEXT STANLEY KUBRICK!"
  4. Cinema night as the credits roll and a Hans Zimmer tune is blasting out the speakers as your feel eardrums actually vibrating - "OH GOD FUCKING DAMN THAT WAS DOPE!"
  5. About 5 minutes later as you approach the car to go home and you actually have a chance to think about the film for more than 10 seconds - "Oh, god... Was that dope!?"
  6. In the car driving back home - "Errrr"
  7. 1 hour later posting on GAF: ”FUCK YOU CHRISTOPHER NOLAN YOU FUCKING HACK. AND FUCK YOUR BROTHER TOO."
  8. New teaser trailer for a Chris Nolan film - "OH DAMN LOOKS DOPE!"
Rinse and repeat every single time.

Jennings

3. Movie is released - critics/twitter/social media etc "OH GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCK THAT WAS FUCKING DOPE! CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS THE NEXT STANLEY KUBRICK!"
  4. Cinema night as the credits roll and a Hans Zimmer tune is blasting out the speakers as your feel eardrums actually vibrating - "OH GOD FUCKING DAMN THAT WAS DOPE!"
  5. About 5 minutes later as you approach the car to go home and you actually have a chance to think about the film for more than 10 seconds - "Oh, god... Was that dope!?"
  7. 1 hour later posting on GAF: ”FUCK YOU CHRISTOPHER NOLAN YOU FUCKING HACK. AND FUCK YOUR BROTHER TOO."
Well, at least you're enjoying yourself.

mortal

Gold Member
Is this your own personal "Chris Nolan cycle"? lol

lachesis

Is this a documentary about Michael Jackson?
(bad - pun intended - joke)

Very much interested to see this... wonder if it's going to have non-historic recording footage of explosions?

clarky

Gold Member
Hard disagree on this one. Tenet and The Dark Knight Rises I did not enjoy. The rest of his output has ranged from good to top tier though.

Jennings

I enjoyed Tenet on all 7 viewings, with the best viewings maybe being 3 & 4. Same with Inception.

I have to watch Dark Knight Rises in chunks. Each chunk stands on its own very well, but damn they are hard to sit through when strung together and viewed in a single sitting.

Last edited:
The only Nolan movie I loved after The Dark Knight is Dunkirk

I hated most of his output after The Dark Knight

I hope Oppenheimer is great. Since there's no way he will be able to Screw that movie up

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I tried Tenet I think he went too far.

Otherwise. Yeah he makes solid movies.

Can’t really direct fights. But solid movies.

He is hitting this peak. I just hope he doesn’t go the way of Ridley Scott and flames out.

Bragr

Banned
This looks like it's gonna stretch the real story as much as possible to make it a lot more dramatic than it should be.

Top Bottom