• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Tiger: Second Mission. A lost Taito arcade game discovered in the Operation Wolf/Thunderbolt franchise

VGEsoterica

Operation Wolf is an iconic arcade game / series...so much so we are getting a new title in the series soon. (nobody saw that coming)

But the series has always been around and has always been loved, from Operation Wolf, Operation Thunderbolt, Operation Wolf 3 and finally Operation Tiger.

EXCEPT....apparently there is a sequel to Operation Tiger that nobody knows exists. I sure didn't until a manual graced my desk from Japan. It's not every day I find evidence for a lost arcade game...especially not one from Taito

Anyone on here ever hear of Operation Tiger: Second Mission? The base game Operation Tiger is relatively obscure...but apparently the ROM upgrade is so obscure nobody seemed to know it was a thing until just now.

(waiting for someone to pull an old link from a japanese blog from 20 years ago that talks about the game...lolol

Reactions: Fuz

Mephisto40

I'm wondering it this is a test version or something? looking the title up in both English and Japanese comes up with nothing

I'd be very surprised if this got a proper release

VGEsoterica

I'm wondering it this is a test version or something? looking the title up in both English and Japanese comes up with nothing

I'd be very surprised if this got a proper release
One person found one listing this morning for a cab that exists / existed in a Japanese arcade with “second mission” in the title. So if it’s still there…one exists

US Land -
  • Family Reyawata 3F, 1-4 Hachiman Genji Kakigai, Yawata City, Kyoto Prefecture
So if any GAF members are in Kyoto…go take a peek!

Granted that was from 2017 so odds are…not good! But hey…it’s info!

Last edited:

Mephisto40

One person found one listing this morning for a cab that exists / existed in a Japanese arcade with “second mission” in the title. So if it’s still there…one exists

US Land -
  • Family Reyawata 3F, 1-4 Hachiman Genji Kakigai, Yawata City, Kyoto Prefecture
So if any GAF members are in Kyoto…go take a peek!

Granted that was from 2017 so odds are…not good! But hey…it’s info!
That's some detective Poirot shiz right there :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The Stig

wow. OP living up to the name. this is very esoteric.

I remember playing operation wolf when I was very very young (like, a child that young shouldnt be handling a replica gun, young). loved it. I also had no idea it had so many sequels. interesting video. thank you sir.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

wow. OP living up to the name. this is very esoteric.

I remember playing operation wolf when I was very very young (like, a child that young shouldnt be handling a replica gun, young). loved it. I also had no idea it had so many sequels. interesting video. thank you sir.
I’ve always loved the franchise and now knowing there may be a whole other game out there…gotta find it

Top Bottom