• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OpenCritic for The First Time add a PSA Warning Players About the Purchase in Cyberpunk Review Page

Karunamon

No, that's just poor optimisation

I've tried it on PS4, PS5 and PC and they all suffer the same issues with the PS4 being the worse because it runs like shit

I still got immersion breaking bugs on all of them

I stil get missions breadking on all of them

I still get crashing on all of them

I have yet to get a single crash out of the PC version, about 20 hours in. i7-7700, 2080super, 32gb.

The critical difference is that every console is a known quantity. Crashes on console is a bigger deal than it is on PC. On PC, people can have broken/dumb configurations.

Last edited:
I have yet to get a single crash out of the PC version, about 20 hours in. i7-7700, 2080super, 32gb.

The critical difference is that every console is a known quantity. Crashes on console is a bigger deal than it is on PC. On PC, people can have broken/dumb configurations.

I've had 40 hours on PC with roughly 30 CTDs during that time.

Nothing to do with my configuration. It was shipped unfinished.

We're both running the same code. If said code were unfinished, those crashes would be reproducible by everyone. They are not. The variable is your configuration.

Specs?

If that was true everyone would have the exact same experience with bugs.

They don't. This is common knowledge. Same applies to CTDs

It's high end. Specs are irrelevent. It's a broken game.

Last edited:

Karunamon

If that was true everyone would have the exact same experience with bugs.

Everyone is having the same experience regarding certain classes of bugs. T-posing NPCs, physics glitches, and so forth.

The game literally fucking crashing is not something that happens to most people - unless you're on console.

And I say this as an IT guy, if your shit is crashing 30 times in 40 hours, and that problem is not reproducible over a large portion of the player base, your shit is the problem. You said you have "high end" (with no details given, lol ok), so if I were you, I'd be checking my power and cooling. It is a very demanding game and is probably stressing your system more than most other games in your library.

it's the game. It's a piece of shit. This isn't even debateable at this point.

The high ratings say that it very much is debatable.

Last edited:
Everyone is having the same experience regarding certain classes of bugs. T-posing NPCs, physics glitches, and so forth.

The game literally fucking crashing is not something that happens to most people - unless you're on console.

And I say this as an IT guy, if your shit is crashing 30 times in 40 hours, and that problem is not reproducible over a large portion of the player base, your shit is the problem.

There are common glitches, there are uncommon glitches, there are rare glitches. That''s software. I can do a complete rerun and not experience most of the game breaking bugs I experienced in my latest playhthrough and that's what happened that's software

More of this IT guy bullshit. You don't know what you're talking about just because you can build or fix some lego bricks.

We have reports on PS5 players who don't crash near as much as others, and the same applies on PC.

Honestly, something is wrong on your end. I have not had even a single crash in about 30 hours of Cyberpunk on PC.

Nothing wrong on my end mate. You just can't seem to accept that there are issues with this game on all platforms. Just because you don't experience them doesn't mean they don't exist

There are common glitches, there are uncommon glitches, there are rare glitches. That''s software. I can do a complete rerun and not experience most of the game breaking bugs I experienced in my latest playhthrough and that's what happened that's software

More of this IT guy bullshit. You don't know what you're talking about just because you can build or fix some lego bricks.

We have reports on PS5 players who don't crash near as much as others, and the same applies on PC.

So now it's gone from your PC is constantly crashing to "there are reports of the PS5 version crashing and therefore the same must be true of the PC version" according to you.

Honestly, 99% of the reports of the PC version crashing ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO PIRATED IT - They are not running on up to date code and are stuck waiting for CODEX to release patches, which has not happened yet.

Karunamon

Ah, so we're going the full dismissive route eh? Been in tech for longer than you've been alive, likely, but sure, tell me I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Okay then, can whooper. Have fun circlejerking!

*plonk*

Last edited:
It's played every other game in my libary fine.

it's the game. It's a piece of shit
Everybody says that. Every game puts different demands on a system. You could have an OC on your memory that has been totally fine with every game you've played for days, weeks or even months, then one day you load up a new game and it crashes like a motherfucker (like with CP2077). Unless you've tested your system pretty thoroughly, you can't really be sure.

Last edited:
So now it's gone from your PC is constantly crashing to "there are reports of the PS5 version crashing and therefore the same must be true of the PC version" according to you.

Honestly, 99% of the reports of the PC version crashing ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO PIRATED IT - They are not running on up to date code and are stuck waiting for CODEX to release patches, which has not happened yet.

I played on both platforms like i just said so yes i'm talking about both experiences

Nothing wrong on my end mate. You just can't seem to accept that there are issues with this game on all platforms. Just because you don't experience them doesn't mean they don't exist

Wrong. There are some bugs on the PC version. Many of them have been fixed already ( not on the pirated version though ).

But "issues" is NOT the same thing as "My game has crashed over 30 times" . That's not the games fault. That's definietely something wronng on YOUR end. In 30+hours I have not experienced even a single crash.

Sounds like you want to push the narrative that the PC version is in the same state as the base consoles versions, but it's not. Not even close.

Everybody says that. Every game puts different demands on a system. You could have an OC on your memory that has been totally fine with every game you've played for days, weeks or even months, then one day you load up a new game and it crashes like a motherfucker. Unless you've tested your system pretty thoroughly, you can't really be sure.

Why i despise PC gaming honestly

Wrong. There are some bugs on the PC version. Many of them have been fixed already ( not on the pirated version though ).

But "issues" is NOT the same thing as "My game has crashed over 30 times" . That's not the games fault. That's definietely something wronng on YOUR end. In 30+hours I have not experienced even a single crash.

Sounds like you want to push the narrative that the PC version is in the same state as the base consoles versions, but it's not. Not even close.

it's in the same state bar the performance issues with last gen consoles. Thats's the hard reality.

Ah, so we're going the full dismissive route eh? Been in tech for longer than you've been alive, likely, but sure, tell me I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Okay then, can whooper. Have fun circlejerking!

*plonk*

No one gives a fuck about your basic ass IT career on the internet

Never have. Never will

Karunamon

Interesting that in responding to that exact post, you don't deny pirating it.

Gee, I feel SO SORRY FOR YOU that your pirated and not yet patched version of the game you didn't even pay for is crashing. Boo fucking hoo for you LOL :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh god he fucking pirated it and whined that it crashes?

LMAO. I hope the next patch deletes his system32 as part of an antipiracy check. At least then he'll have an excuse to reinstall and likely clear his system of all the malware running around from various trojanized cracks.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
If it works on my PC and crashes on yours, the problem cannot be the game being "unfinished", or else it would be crashing on my PC.

Specs?
Most definitely not correct.

Every PC has a different configuration that interacts with the game code. While game code can be optimized, the virtuality unbelievable number of PC configurations cannot be always accounted for.

Interesting that in responding to that exact post, you don't deny pirating it.

Gee, I feel SO SORRY FOR YOU that your pirated and not yet patched version of the game you didn't even pay for is crashing. Boo fucking hoo for you LOL :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck out of here with your pirate bs

VIesRL0.png

Karunamon

Every PC has a different configuration that interacts with the game code. While game code can be optimized, the virtuality unbelievable number of PC configurations cannot be always accounted for.

I get that. There are different drivers, different hardware, and so forth. But then again, this isn't the 90s anymore. The sheer number of crashes being experienced by that guy is not normal, hardware configuration be damned. He either has some software running (which is why troubleshooting step zero is always, shut down any extraneous software and try again, update your drivers and try again). There's almost certainly a hardware problem (especially likely on a game this new and this demanding), or more realistically, his shitty 1.0 cracked version is just broken.

Then again anyone being this dishonest is likely lying about the number of crashes too. I'd have given up long before hitting a crash every hour and 20 minutes.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, it's only fair to do such a thing considering the feedback from the console versions. But man, I'm really enjoying it on PC. I look forward to it getting better and better.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I get that. There are different drivers, different hardware, and so forth. But then again, this isn't the 90s anymore. The sheer number of crashes being experienced by that guy is not normal, hardware configuration be damned.
For sure this release goes beyond the norm. You'll get no argument from me there.

I was just speaking to the specificity of your comment regarding the game code itself. I agree with you that this is not a matter of people just having different configurations.

I get that. There are different drivers, different hardware, and so forth. But then again, this isn't the 90s anymore. The sheer number of crashes being experienced by that guy is not normal, hardware configuration be damned. He either has some software running (which is why troubleshooting step zero is always, shut down any extraneous software and try again, update your drivers and try again), has a hardware problem (especially likely on a game this new and this demanding), or more realistically, his shitty 1.0 cracked version is just broken.

You're right it's not normal. Same with the amount of crashes I'm experiencing on PS5 as are many others.

Once again. It's a broken ass game. You are one person out of millions who owns it. Enjoy your none-crashing experience while the rest of us complain about it.

Oh god he fucking pirated it and whined that it crashes?

LMAO. I hope the next patch deletes his system32 as part of an antipiracy check. At least then he'll have an excuse to reinstall and likely clear his system of all the malware running around from various trojanized cracks.

No I didn't pirate it you donkey.

Fuck out of here with your pirate bs

VIesRL0.png

Wow you found a picture on the Internet. Good for you.

Now explain to everyone how you "Despise PC gaming" while owning more than 100 games on PC. LOL How does that work exactly?:messenger_savoring:

LOL Being such an obvious lair should be a bannable offense :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

JayK47

Lesson learned I hope. Next time release on PC first and much later, if ever, on consoles. Based on their history, I feel like maybe they should hire out the console ports to someone else. CDPR is a PC game developer at their core. I can only speak for the PC version, but it has been just fine for me so far. Steam reviews seem to agree.

Wow you found a picture on the Internet. Good for you.

Now explain to everyone how you "Despise PC gaming" while owning more than 100 games on PC.

LOL Being such an obvious lair should be a bannable offense :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GoG account is Praise2TheSun

Feel free to send a freind request or you can stfu now so you don't continue to look like a complete prat

GoG account is Praise2TheSun

Feel free to send a freind request or you can stfu now so you don't continue to look like a complete prat

Playstation avatar, official member of the Cyberpunk doom patrol since long before the game was released, yet owns the game on all platforms so "can speak with authority", despises PC gaming while owning more than 100 PC games, despises PC gaming but has personally put in more than 40 hours into the PC version of Cyberpunk and so you can believe him when he says he has experienced 30+ crashes, and who would know better than him that the PC version is just as shit as his beloved base PS4 version LOL

Someone definitely looks like a "complete prat" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Playstation avatar, official member of the Cyberpunk doom patrol since long before the game was released, yet owns the game on all platforms so "can speak with authority", despises PC gaming while owning more than 100 PC games, despises PC gaming but has personally put in more than 40 hours into the PC version of Cyberpunk and so you can believe him when he says he has experienced 30+ crashes, and who would know better than him that the PC version is jjust as shit as his beloved base PS4 version.

Someone definitely looks like an idiot. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I have a love hate relationship with PC gaming. What can I say.

You guys are actually at this stage in this time, denying this game for what everyone knows it is. A buggy, unfinished mess

I have a love hate relationship with PC gaming. What can I say.

You guys are actually at this stage in this time, denying this game for what everyone knows it is. A buggy, unfinished mess

You have a love hate relationship with telling the truth.

And the funniest part is that you think you're clever. That you're so smart and pulling the wool over everyones eyes with your completely believable and rock solid lies. No obvious lies or narrative here.

The truth is that Cyberpunk is amazing on PC, while being substantially worse on consoles and damn near unplayable on base consoles.

Last edited:
You have a love hate relationship with telling the truth.

And the funniest part is that you think you're clever. That you're so smart and pulling the wool over everyones eyes with your completely believable and rock solid lies. No obvious lies or narrative here.

You repeatedly tried pulling some gotchas and failed miserably lmao

Keep trying.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member

I have a similar system, what specs are you running the game on?

Karunamon

I have a similar system, what specs are you running the game on?

Ultra with DLSS auto, 3440x1440 borderless fullscreen. No RTX.

About the only performance-related issues I've seen are a sudden framerate drop when sitting down to have a conversation with someone.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Ultra with DLSS auto, 3440x1440 borderless fullscreen. No RTX.

About the only performance-related issues I've seen are a sudden framerate drop when sitting down to have a conversation with someone.

Thanks man for the reply :messenger_heart: , I haven't dived into the PC version yet but will soon. Is performance bad with RTX or just not tried? Was hoping I could get some form of RTX out of my 2080S.

Karunamon

Thanks man for the reply :messenger_heart: , I haven't dived into the PC version yet but will soon. Is performance bad with RTX or just not tried? Was hoping I could get some form of RTX out of my 2080S.

RTX pushes it into "uncomfortably slow" for me. It's definitely playable, but the graphics bump just isn't worth losing the smooth framerate imo.

ethomaz

Banned
If it works on my PC and crashes on yours, the problem cannot be the game being "unfinished", or else it would be crashing on my PC.
That is not how it works.

PC has zillions of different configs.
The game should run fine in every one that match the minimum specs.
This game crashing on PC is a reality no matter how some fans try to say “it is runs perfactly

But it don’t.
I just did a search on Google and there are several videos and forum posts about it crashing on PC.

Seems most crashes are related with AMD GPUs... even so it is unacceptable... well the bugs are unacceptable.

There is a reason CDPR only allowed reviewers with RTX 3000 before launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom