• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Open beta Resident Evil RE:Verse (April 8th-April 11th)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/resident-evil-reverse-open-beta-test-set-for-april-8-to-11

Capcom will host an open beta test for Resident Evil Re:Verse from April 7 at 11:00 p.m. PT / April 8 at 2:00 a.m. ET to April 10 at 11:00 p.m. PT / April 11 at 2:00 a.m. ET across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, the company announced. The download will be available starting April 5 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET.

To participate, you must have a Capcom ID linked to your hardware before playing.

share.png

Soodanim

Gold Member
0 replies says a lot about the interest in this, uh oh.

I might give it a go, but it’s more of a morbid curiosity than genuine interest.

Skifi28

Is this the trash game nobody asked for that was shown a couple of months ago? I don't think it's even worth bothering to create a Capcom Id for it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Is this the trash game nobody asked for that was shown a couple of months ago? I don't think it's even worth bothering to create a Capcom Id for it.
It is free with the purchase of Village. No body is paying for it. It’s a deathmatch game featuring key characters from the remakes. It isn’t like we are paying for another Operation Raccoon City where your main offering is multiplayer. If you consider The Mercenaries and Dead Aim, Capcom isn’t pulling our legs and releasing one and then the other.

On one hand you can have a RE celebrity deathmatch and just mess around with going toe to toe with other RE fans. It isn’t another game where you have to mod it just to relive that sort of adventure.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Oh boy! Can't wait... :messenger_grimmacing_

Hell, considering how barren it's been lately, I'll definitely give it a shot regardless. I still can't believe Capcom created it thinking this is something the RE community wants, lmao. It's comical to me. I mean, they keep trying to approach multiplayer, and it just hasn't worked... But there are ways that it potentially could. But deathmatch? Really? Lmao.

Calverz

So now its open beta and went live i played a few matches just earlier.
I think for a free game its not totally terrible. Yes its a bit dumb having all these characters running around in police station but the gameplay is quite fun. The matches are really short and there is a little tactical depth to the game but i want to know if there will be more modes. A tdm mode or something?
As i said its not groundbreaking but ok for a free game. I strongly reccommend you go to options and immediately remove the comic filter.

So now its open beta and went live i played a few matches just earlier.
I think for a free game its not totally terrible. Yes its a bit dumb having all these characters running around in police station but the gameplay is quite fun. The matches are really short and there is a little tactical depth to the game but i want to know if there will be more modes. A tdm mode or something?
As i said its not groundbreaking but ok for a free game. I strongly reccommend you go to options and immediately remove the comic filter.
How'd you play it? I have it on Steam and just keep getting Server Maintenance errors.

brian0057

Banned
Who are these people that keep clamoring for a multiplayer Resident Evil?
How many times does it have to fail for Capcom to take the goddamn hint?
Like... who does that, seriously.
iu

kunonabi

Who are these people that keep clamoring for a multiplayer Resident Evil?
How many times does it have to fail for Capcom to take the goddamn hint?
Like... who does that, seriously.
iu

I want multiplayer RE. It's just I want RE Outbreak and not this awful crap they keep peddling on the cheap.

Top Bottom