• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only for those who own BOTH an XSX and a PS5

I currently prefer my...

• Total voters

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
There are some pathetic people on here, that can't even handle a simple reaction emojii on their post, there are boards about gaming for snowflakes like you.

Totally agree. There are no words to express how annoying yet hilarious it is that some people are so fragile they get butthurt and can't handle a freaking emoji reaction.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's not even new, it's been an aspect of this board for at least a year or more.
Sad but true. I've had SonyBros that I don't even know send me really nasty DMs for using a 'like; emoji on unflattering PS posts or literally meltdown in threads over it. It's sad but also hilarious how serious some people take this stuff.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sad but true. I've had SonyBros that I don't even know send me really nasty DMs for using a 'like; emoji on unflattering PS posts or literally meltdown in threads over it. It's sad but also hilarious how serious some people take this stuff.
They're just looking for a reason to slide into your DMs. Being smooth about it isn't their forté

sainraja

I was finally able to try the PS5 since it arrived today and I have to say I like it - it feels like something new, something different. People should try to appreciate the differences between the PS5 & XSX. The only thing that is a shocker is its size! It is really big lol.

Data Ghost

I want to have both, but finding a PS5 in the wild is like finding a unicorn that lays golden eggs. I'm pretty satisfied with the Series X though. I can wait until there are 3-5 excellent PS5 exclusives to pick up a PS5. Hopefully the actual console will be easier to get by then!
In my opinion, if I had to chose only one of the next gen consoles at this moment in time, it would be the Xbox SX.

In time there will be value in owning both.

geordiemp

Definitely. But in that one communities thread, PS owners asking for PSN names or proof of ownership is often mocked as was geordiemp geordiemp for doubting people. Now it’s an issue the other way all of a sudden. I’m just saying, it goes both ways and the only way it’ll stop is if everyone stops because everyone...everyone does it

You got to admit, I have never seen so much FUD and lies ona console launch, and yes it is hard to get the facts. Its always easier to see the suspects by the manner and MOTIVE, but you can never prove anything.

FrankWza

You got to admit, I have never seen so much FUD and lies ona console launch, and yes it is hard to get the facts. Its always easier to see the suspects by the manner and MOTIVE, but you can never prove anything.
Oh yeah. Absolutely. That was also a particularly FUD-centric week where the first page had about 4 coil whine threads. There was also a PS issues thread poll that wasn’t public that stopped getting votes after the x equivalent was created, coincidentally of course.
Just saying, it definitely is not one sided.

Last edited:
OK so I'm using my XSX since launch and my PS5 since four days. I've played DS, FF VIIR and Destruction Allstars on it so far. I've voted XSX because at this point, it's already clear to me which is the better console of the two (BEWARE personal opinions!).

• My PS5 has a couple of the known "noise issues" or however you wanna call it. I got coil whine (almost unnoticable, though - have to put my head near the thing to hear it) and a strange rattling sound which is really distracting. Absolutely hilarious. Quality control on these seem to be all over the place.
  • The disc drive is really loud when installing a game / reading a disc. World of difference compared to my XSX.
  • I don't like the controller at all. I get hand cramps when using it for more than half an hour or so. NEVER happens with the XO controller. Battery life is laughable, and that is new out of the box battery life. The haptic feedback feature I disabled after just a couple of minutes use, I don't like it.
  • Did I say how incredible ugly that thing is? Both the console and the controller. I just can't get over it. Who the hell greenlighted this? It looks like an oreo had sex with a router. Or a space ship drawing of a five year old.
  • Why is so BIG and yet doesn't manage to 1) get 2 or 3 more TF in there 2) be silent 3) be cool?
  • The games are GREAT. Nothing more to say about this. I even like Destruction Allstars, don't understand the hate it gets.
  • I'm still glad I have it because I know there'll be exclusives for it at some point that make the purchase worth it.
  • During my first two hours of use, I encountered a pretty severe bug in the OS which basically gave me a permanent split screen of everything until I rebooted the console. UI/OS seem half-baked, should've launched a year later.
  • I don't like the UI better than the XSX's, but its OK I guess.
  • Did I mention how ugly this thing is? It looks like an air conditioner tripped over my old Sony amplifier in a white wedding dress.

Will be used for exclusives and exclusives alone. MS is so much better prepared this time.

Last edited:

PRiSMiWi

It’s hard to say I like one more than the other.

But if I have to choose right now I choose PlayStation 5.

I loved Xbox one controller over every other controller out there. Now it feels to me low quality in comparison with Dual Sense.

GamePass is awesome, but at the end I’ve been playing mostly Rocket League. After finishing the first 4 GOW, The Tourist and dozens of hours in Horizontal.

On PlayStation I’ve finished Tsushima, and currently playing Valhalla (90 hours on it and keep me hooked)

Why do I choose PS5 if I have played more games on the series x? Because NOW, I’m using the most PS5. Maybe you ask me again in one or two months and I can say I prefer Xbox :)

PS: but the controller will always seems to me crappy.

RGB'D

Xbox for me.

It’s really more about having gamepass for 3 years and PS5 not having much exclusives outside of DS. Yet..

I like quick resume, not digging the UI changes for PS5. I do prefer the Dualsense.

It’s close, I am glad I have both. Last gen I had both but did not play much Xbox.
Having Brandon Big Baller Beane as your avatar doubles your reliability and the the truth of your answer.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have both and I would go with xbox for now. Its absolutely silent, a better design and I prefer the controller and gamepass.

My ps5 has some coil whine but it's fine from the sofa, my first duelsense controller R2 trigger snapped and I am far from heavy handed. I absolutely loved miles morales and quite liked demons souls(it's no where near as good as the other souls games and was a bit of a disappointment tbh) but I am loving playing ghosts of tsushima at 60fps and can not wait for God of War ragnarok.

Ultimately, I think they are both decent consoles and a great comfy couch alternative to my 3080 pc. I expect I will use my xbox for exclusives, gamepass and third party games as I just trust microsofts handling of my content more than Sony right now (BC in the future for example) but sonys implementation is far from a slouch and providing a much needed gap fuller through this drought.

I lean slightly more xbox but I think they are both good. Let's see if it changes in the future. They both nailed it this time and MS should be applauded for stepping up after the god awful xbox one launch where I only had a ps4 for some time.

Top Bottom