• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only for those who own BOTH an XSX and a PS5

I currently prefer my...

• Total voters
Some people prefer ease of use over money.

Your right, i paid extra once.....in 2013 and have used the same play and charge kit since. For that one off payment i gained all the benefits you get from a built in battery and also haven't had to worry about the life of it slowly draining away or dying on me resulting in having to buy a completely now controller. I think that one off £15 i spent has been worth a whole lot more than having a battery built in.

Stuart360

You're looking too much into the statistics.

What's more than likely happening is that Xbox owners (and particularly, those that slant more in the Xbox camp in terms of preference) are far more likely to own both consoles, since their platform is largely devoid of any next-gen exclusive games.

Those that are in the Sony camp are far less likely to find any need to own an Xbox Series X at this point in time.
Nah it cant be that because according to the users who voted, some of the biggest Microsoft hating/Sony loving fanboys on the forum also own a XSX (Bryank, Captain Toad, etc).

Maybe the majority of users are just spending more time on XSX.

EDIT. Also your post doesnt really make sense, if its mostly Xbox owners that own both consoles, and Sony fanboys have no need for a XSX, how could XSX even be winning the poll in the first place?

Last edited:
Nah it cant be that because according to the users who voted, some of the biggest Microsoft hating/Sony loving fanboys on the forum also own a XSX (Bryank, Captain Toad, etc).

Maybe the majority of users are just spending more time on XSX.

Doubtful, if the market is anything to go by. There's simply more PS5s out in the wild and probably a wider base of fans.

I'm sure if you do digging you'll find plenty of Sony hating/Microsoft loving fanboys here doing the exact opposite. They tend to be a bit more fanatical in general.

Stuart360

Doubtful, if the market is anything to go by. There's simply more PS5s out in the wild and probably a wider base of fans.

I'm sure if you do digging you'll find plenty of Sony hating/Microsoft loving fanboys here doing the exact opposite. They tend to be a bit more fanatical in general.
Well just read the thread. There are plenty of none fanboy sounding replies explaining their reason for picking either console. A lot of them sound very fair in their reasoning.
Not everyone is in camp A or camp B of the console war. Its actually refreshing that it seems there are a lot of users on here that dont care about console warz.

Nester99

Xbox for me.

It’s really more about having gamepass for 3 years and PS5 not having much exclusives outside of DS. Yet..

I like quick resume, not digging the UI changes for PS5. I do prefer the Dualsense.

It’s close, I am glad I have both. Last gen I had both but did not play much Xbox.

Series X for me. I just like it more as a multimedia machine. Huge fan of Halo/360 growing up so controller is natural to me.

Plus since there haven’t been many next gen games out I’ve been playing older games and game pass has been amazing for that.

PS5 presentation wise looks better and feels a bit more next gen, but Xbox has been my go to machine so far. I use it almost everyday versus ps5 last time I played was in December to show off Spider-Man. PS5 is a great iPhone charger with the front usbc though

Well just read the thread. There are plenty of none fanboy sounding replies explaining their reason for picking either console. A lot of them sound very fair in their reasoning.
Not everyone is in camp A or camp B of the console war. Its actually refreshing that it seems there are a lot of users on here that dont care about console warz.

it basically boils down to “GamePass” for those that prefer Xbox.

fair enough if that’s what you want, but like I said most people that own a PS5 and decided they also wanted an Xbox did so purely because of GamePass. they likely also own a PS5 because they need one to play the only real exclusive games for next gen

For the PS5 owner that doesn’t care about GamePass, they naturally haven’t gotten an Xbox.

In other words, there’s simply far more PlayStation fans that are completely happy not owning an Xbox, much less so the other way around

Stuart360

it basically boils down to “GamePass” for those that prefer Xbox.

fair enough if that’s what you want, but like I said most people that own a PS5 and decided they also wanted an Xbox did so purely because of GamePass. they likely also own a PS5 because they need one to play the only real exclusive games for next gen

For the PS5 owner that doesn’t care about GamePass, they naturally haven’t gotten an Xbox.

In other words, there’s simply far more PlayStation fans that are completely happy not owning an Xbox, much less so the other way around
And yet XSX is winning the poll, and apparently its the same in the similar thead on ERA (cant confirm as i dont go to that shit hole). You see how that doesnt make sense with what you are saying?

Stuart360

yes it’s winning the poll because those that prefer Xbox are more likely to also own a ps5, not true the other way around.
But that doesnt make sense, you're basically saying that there are more PS5 owners than XSX (Xbox owners are more likely to own both consoles, and PS5 owners less likely as they dont really need XSX), yet XSX is winning the poll. Why would XSX be winning the poll if there are less XSX owners than PS5?. Are you missunderstanding the poll question?.

EDIT. I get what you are saying now. I couldnt get my head around it at first. Well i would like to think if someone owns both consoles, they would tell the truth with a simple quation like this.

Last edited:
But that doesnt make sense, you're basically saying that there are more PS5 owners than XSX (Xbox owners are more likely to own both consoles, and PS5 owners less likely as they dont really need XSX), yet XSX is winning the poll. Why would XSX be winning the poll if there are less XSX owners than PS5?. Are you missunderstanding the poll question?.

it makes perfect sense. Yes, there are more PS5 owners than Xbox owners, but of the sub population that own both, there’s more incentive for a person that prefers Xbox to also buy a PS5, hence the skewed results for this poll

make another poll that says “which console do you own and which platform do you prefer” and you’d likely get different results

Stuart360

it makes perfect sense. Yes, there are more PS5 owners than Xbox owners, but of the sub population that own both, there’s more incentive for a person that prefers Xbox to also buy a PS5, hence the skewed results for this poll

make another poll that says “which console do you own and which platform do you prefer” and you’d likely get different results
I had already edited my post.
I still think its a very fanboy way of looking at it, and i'd hope if someone owns both consoles, they would tell the truth with this question.

Last edited:
yes it’s winning the poll because those that prefer Xbox are more likely to also own a ps5, not true the other way around.
No, it’s winning because gamers are actually having a better experience with it right now especially since both consoles currently have a drought of great native games to play.

If I had to guess, most people that own these consoles are playing mostly last gen games so they are mainly BC consoles for right now and Xbox can get the edge here because of game pass.

I own both consoles and just the little things about the series X like having more streaming apps available for example, that run better is one of the reasons I use my Series X more than the PS5. The ESPN app runs horrible on the PS5 right now for example.

Last edited:

FritzJ92

I own both. Simple to say the PS5 was definitely more fun at first even though I’m a mainly Xbox player.
However after playing Spider-Man nothing else really interest me. So my PS5 has been for Apex with my cousins and some random PS plus game until Returnal comes out.
Xbox on the other hand releases games on Gamepass faster than i can beat them so there is always something new or different to experience. Plus quick resume, having expandable storage means I don’t have to be picky about what to down load and try and the entertainment apps are better integrated with the system so Xbox does most of my console video streaming and game playing.

And you know this how?
Common sense would suggest that. Remember the study from last month or so that showed people on Xbox platform have a higher median income. Also, lots of people who don't want to miss out on Sony exclusives. Less the other way round (especially with PC as another option). PS owners are also younger on average, if I'm not mistaken, which further solidifies the assumption (again, less money to spend).

Batiman

Banned
Common sense would suggest that. Remember the study from last month or so that showed people on Xbox platform have a higher median income. Also, lots of people who don't want to miss out on Sony exclusives. Less the other way round (especially with PC as another option). PS owners are also younger on average, if I'm not mistaken, which further solidifies the assumption (again, less money to spend).
Where’s your stats to say only Xbox fans don’t want to miss out on Sony exclusives and not also the other way around? Xbox has more money to spend only shows that they’re spending more money in the Xbox ecosystem. That does not mean they spend money on other consoles

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
This thread is a treasure.

It looks like some people didn't realise the poll was public, either that or they didn't care. Some people will go to any lengths.

This is why we need to do away with private polls on this board. I'd love it if we could uncover some previous private polls and make them public but the mods won't allow it.

FastOrc

I have always been on Xbox, this time around i got a Series X and the PS5. so now I'm on the Playstation wagon for the first time. I Put down both on the poll.
This is due to me playing Cod coldwar alot on PS5 because it's also where it is best played due to the extra modes you do not get on Xbox and I use the Xbox for gamepass games.
I can not say I use 1 more than the other because they both get used the same. Ok, I'm playing 1 game on PS5 and a lot more games on series X, but I can not put down 1 gets more playtime than the other because they don't.
I'm really enjoying them both.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

OP here, the poll is secondary to the conversation and if some people voted to boost their fandom then so be it.

Consoles are products, they're not football teams. It's alright to like and own more than one. I've enjoyed reading the comments and for the most part when the silly "mine is better than yours" is taken out of the equation then a 'balanced' and informed opinion can be amicably shared.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

I think there's a number of reasons and you're jumping to the most uncharitable one for Xbox in all honesty. You could equally say those PS5 owners got bored with what was on PlayStation and bought an Xbox. Both statements can be true but without any sort of actual evidence, it's just what you want to be true. I voted but haven't posted but my use case is below.

I got a launch DE, got Godfall, Demon's, Valhalla, Cyberpunk and Legion - picked up TLOU II on offer as well. Godfall is ok but doesn't have legs because of the matchmaking. Demon's is a showcase. Clocked Valhalla, Legion save corrupted near the end, Cyberpunk is on hiatus until 1.2 drops and I ran through TLOU II.

As a surprise, I then got gifted an XsX so set it up. I reconnected with a mate who was big into GTA:O and started playing that a lot. But ultimately my first stops were Gears 5 and Ori. And as I've knocked them off there is a large catalogue of other games on Gamepass that I missed during the X1X generation. The Medium came out. FH4 is great. Now Fallout 76 has dropped which I'll try. WWZ was there. But this is what I'd expect having missed the generation of Xbox. Would I be more on the PS5 if Horizon was out? Probably yeah. But right now, after catching up on the 'big games' during the X1X era gamepass is keeping me on the xbox right now, because there is an enormous amount of games there to play. If I'm spending more time on Xbox because of this then I'm more likely to buy 3rd party games there as well (e.g. Little Nightmares II). Its just the nature of the beast. If I'd had an xbox and no PS4 last gen, then the opposite would be true - I'd have TLOU II, GoT, God of War, Horizon that would keep me on the PS5 instead.

Right now I'm waiting on Returnal, Horizon, Cyberpunk Patch which will drag me back to PS5 and then the balance might change again. These polls are just snapshots. But equally we could have FH5, Starfield and Halo in direct competition. I think the more interesting thing to take from the poll is that gamepass is proving quite effective at retaining players due to the library and value. Given the gap from last generation, this has been successful from Microsoft I would say. Sony dominated so much that much of xbox's growth this gen will rely on converting some of those users into xbox primaries. And retention will drive that.

kyoji

Interesting reading the comments in this thread. I only have Series X so I have no comparison and no vote from me.

I must say I'm impressed so many people managed to snag both consoles. Getting 1 XsX was difficult enough. We must have some members who are either really patient or excellent at hitting F5 a million times :messenger_grinning_smiling:
IKR, interesting seeing a guy like J jaysius on the list amongst others, I wonder what ps5 games he has? the silent emoji troll probably was able to nab a launch bundle i bet! 🤣

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
IKR, interesting seeing a guy like J jaysius on the list amongst others, I wonder what ps5 games he has? the silent emoji troll probably was able to nab a launch bundle i bet! 🤣
Playing Astro room in the level with rain reminded me of driving a shitty old truck with bad shocks over a dirt road, it wasn’t great at all. It’s not an enjoyable feeling. There is a ton of hyperbole surrounding it.

Overall it was pretty crappy feeling at least in the astro room.

For No Mans Sky, it barely did anything except add resistance when I tried to take off, it felt like I was destroying a plastic bottle and breaking the controller’s trigger.

Surprisngly Bug Snax has an OK amount of haptic feedback, it doesnt add much but subtle is best with this.

The guy from ACG didn’t love haptics, he said it was too busy in Spider-Man, it was meh in that game.

For a feature that adds too much weight and cost to the controller it’s a ton of hype with no pay off.

The dual sense is a heavy controller, maybe it’s the way the weight is distributed or something.

My friend with the PS5, his dual sense has annoyingly squeaky triggers too.

One good thing about the dual sense is that Sony finally made good L1 and R1 buttons. Is it worth all the dead weight and shitty battery life again? Nope!

Last edited:

DieGardine

Neo Member
I use my PS5 every day while my XSX is collecting dust. I bought the Gamepass for 3 years but don't use it regularly because I can't handle the bad gamepads. The buttons are noisy and have to be pressed very hard to register action. Also the thumbsticks have a big deadzone which makes playing competitive games unattractive.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Seems like that 'gotcha' didn't work out too well for you.

Contrast J jaysius comment from November of last year about his PS5 that Bernkastel Bernkastel posted for you with James Sawyer Ford's repeated comments in THIS thread of how PS5 owners most likely don't need or buy an Xbox along with previous comment Bern posted and lack of any previous comments about his Xbox he allegedly owns and I think you'll see who is more likely to actually own both consoles.

What's more than likely happening is that Xbox owners (and particularly, those that slant more in the Xbox camp in terms of preference) are far more likely to own both consoles, since their platform is largely devoid of any next-gen exclusive games.

Those that are in the Sony camp are far less likely to find any need to own an Xbox Series X at this point in time.

FrankWza

Great point. There’s also a greater chance they had a PS system in the past and want to continue playing all the Sony exclusives.

Last edited:

Mmnow

I use my PS5 every day while my XSX is collecting dust. I bought the Gamepass for 3 years but don't use it regularly because I can't handle the bad gamepads. The buttons are noisy and have to be pressed very hard to register action. Also the thumbsticks have a big deadzone which makes playing competitive games unattractive.
Two posts in and you're already saying things that anybody who has used the controller knows is blatantly false.

You're gonna fit right in.

Concern

And yet XSX is winning the poll, and apparently its the same in the similar thead on ERA (cant confirm as i dont go to that shit hole). You see how that doesnt make sense with what you are saying?

The only thing that makes sense here is you're spreading fud

......lol am I doing it right?
seriously though, if even era has the same results. That's odd considering how hard they defend Sony there.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Does this guy work for Sony, because none of this is true about the Xbox controller. My 6 year old plays xbox with me and has no issues pressing any of the buttons.

Jebron

Does this guy work for Sony, because none of this is true about the Xbox controller. My 6 year old plays xbox with me and has no issues pressing any of the buttons.
Man... this thread was really good until people started to come out of the woodwork.

FrankWza

I had already edited my post.
I still think its a very fanboy way of looking at it, and i'd hope if someone owns both consoles, they would tell the truth with this question.
It’s not. It’s simple numbers. There were what, like 300+ million PS units sold over 20 years. That’s a lot of spill over. More people that have an Xbox now have had a PS than the other way. Not every comment is a suspicious comment with an agenda.

Brofist

You would be a grade A judge of fanatical fanboys yes

Coming back and reading the last 3.5 pages......
war transformers GIF

AJUMP23

So having an opinion is only allowed unless it's no criticism of your precious console?
He is allowed to criticize, but I just wanted to know if it was me or not he was criticizing. I think it is fair to ask who are you talking to when it is unclear. Besides all consoles are great with me, since I buy and play them all.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This thread is a treasure.

It looks like some people didn't realise the poll was public, either that or they didn't care. Some people will go to any lengths.

This is why we need to do away with private polls on this board. I'd love it if we could uncover some previous private polls and make them public but the mods won't allow it.
It was a great thread to see just which clowns on here aren't worth listening to.

Inb4 Spiderman pointing meme :messenger_loudly_crying:

Great point. There’s also a greater chance they had a PS system in the past and want to continue playing all the Sony exclusives.
I didn’t have an Xbox before (I mean I had the original Xbox but none since, did use a buddy’s 360 tho quite a bit) I think part of the reason I’m playing Xbox more is that I’m playing a bunch of games I would never have bought for ps4 - mostly multi platform games, that are free with the gamepass subscription. Most of the games I could play for free or cheap on Ps5 (all the AAA exclusives from last gen) I’ve already played through.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
There are some pathetic people on here, that can't even handle a simple reaction emojii on their post, there are boards about gaming for snowflakes like you.

Hell Bernkastel Bernkastel went through my post history to dig up a post, that wasn't even proving his point, whatever the fuck that was.

You people are some of the worst stalkers you can find and yea, calling out random people that aren't in a thread, and then combing through their comments, that is e-stalking.

Likes/reactions are a thing on this board, if you can't handle it then go elsewhere.

This bullshit goes on far too often on here. The mods are complicit in this behavior, they need to be more involved in curbing it.

Fool, Bernkastel Bernkastel posted that to defend you from the guy claiming you're just an Xbox fanboy, who voted fraudulently because you don't really have a PS5. That post of yours he quoted pretty well demonstrates you DO in fact have a PS5 and aren't a big phony.

jaysius

Banned
Fool, Bernkastel Bernkastel posted that to defend you from the guy claiming you're just an Xbox fanboy, who voted fraudulently because you don't really have a PS5. That post of yours he quoted pretty well demonstrates you DO in fact have a PS5 and aren't a big phony.
Corrected myself there.

When you're posting random people's quotes it's pretty hard to tell the meaning.

Thank you Bernkastel Bernkastel ,knee jerk reactions, work the knee and make you a jerk.

If Mods removed comments that were this childish calling out culture that has been fostered on here, we wouldn't need people to defend others, there's a problem on this board, and it's systemic.

There is no need to have user's call out one another on a board about god damn video games. I'm not one to care about toxic things, but this shit is not only toxic but short bus stupid.

Last edited:

rob305

XSX is my main, PS5 is only used for exclusives. Only games ive played on the PS5 are Astros Playroom, Miles Morales and Persona 5 Strikers. I've unplugged it again and probably wont use it until Kena or R&C comes out

Top Bottom