• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only for those who own BOTH an XSX and a PS5

I currently prefer my...

• Total voters

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I happen to know for a fact he owns a PS5 from private conversations. I also know he likes it alot and speaks quite positively about it. Can you say the same about @Jadsey?
That's strange. I just remember him liking every post that trash Sony and playing the martyr because he's a Xbox fan on Neogaf. Like there's not enough GP threads here lol. I guess it doesn't fit his public agenda.

I'll remind him next time he posts. Thanks.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That's strange. I just remember him liking every post that trash Sony and playing the martyr because he's a Xbox fan on Neogaf. Like there's not enough GP threads here lol. I guess it doesn't fit his public agenda.

I'll remind him next time he posts. Thanks.

I suspect he just hates the Sony fanboys on GAF not the actual product.

I mean you do nothing but trash and troll Xbox and Game Pass (even as evidenced in the post I quoted), yet you own an Xbox and Game Pass as you've stated more than once. I don't like Sony or their games or their console, therefore I don't own one, so I'm sure you're much better able to explain it than I am.

sainraja

If I had to guess, I'd say Xbox (and PC, and Switch) owners are more likely to own multiple platforms, And that the vast majority of people at Neogaf are not asshole fanboys.

But of those that are, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the most vocal are true born PlayStation fanboys.

That's why a poll like this might not reflect the presumption of a PlayStation bias, but threads definitely do.
What are we basing any of that off of? There is no baseline outside of what an individual wants to believe. You can interpret the results in so many different ways. My experience is a little different which is why I was even challenging it. I haven't seen people be more biased towards PlayStation than those who are biased towards Xbox. It is pretty equal and lately a little more towards Xbox than that of PlayStation (naturally given the abundance of announcements and decisions Microsoft has made.)

I think people are grasping at straws here and trying to one up the other any way they can. I guess I have seen everything now. lol

Figured you'd eventually resort to antagonistic responses like this lol. Didn't take long.
I wasn't trying to be antagonistic but it was clear to me that you had your mind made up which is why I said you live in your own world given how you are not able to step away from what I was referring to as a "war".

Last edited:

Jebron

So you paid extra and an overprice for getting a rechargeable controller. Congrats, I guess.
Sorry, I have no clue what you're trying to say here. Are you congratulating him on paying extra? Are you saying the controller itself is overpriced? Are you trying to say he paid all the extra money for the Elite Series 2 just for the rechargeable feature?

FrankWza

I wasn't trying to be antagonistic
You weren’t.
I happen to know for a fact he owns a PS5 from private conversations.
Season 9 Kevin GIF by The Office

mitchman

Gold Member
Sorry, I have no clue what you're trying to say here. Are you congratulating him on paying extra? Are you saying the controller itself is overpriced? Are you trying to say he paid all the extra money for the Elite Series 2 just for the rechargeable feature?
It's ok, you don't need to find something to argue about all the time.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Thirty7ven Thirty7ven when did you buy an Xbox Series X? You cry about people who buy Xbox for much of your post history and think anyone who likes Xbox must be a paid shill.
Only ones who should be ready to be disappointed are the idiots, which there are a lot of, who have been praying and hoping for Xbox first party to suddenly become Sony first party.

Buy a PlayStation if that’s what you want so much.
Yeah I think so too.

I don't see the problem with it either, anybody who feels bad that they will miss out on a couple of games, just wait and by the time it's worth it you can buy a cheap PC or a cheap Xbox and play them all with like 6 months of gamepass. It's not going to be some huge investment.

It would be stupid for MS to not make them exclusive and force people to spend money outside of the PlayStation ecosystem. That's how it's gotta be until they are on a frequent release schedule and can feed gamepass at a consistent pace with first party output, and when that happens they can put gamepass everywhere. Including Playstation.
Just want to say how amazing it is that for Xbox gamers only the left thumb stick, aka the move stick, needs to be be in a “correct place”. Apparently they don’t mind the right stick, aka the aiming stick, being in the wrong place despite the fact that it needs higher precision control.

The best part is that they apparently don’t realize this, despite the console being filled with first person shooters in the top 10 best sellers.

Amazing how little self aware you are.
This entire decade has been a shit show for Xbox when it comes to first party. The best thing we got from them was a spin off franchise (Horizon) and a couple of indies (Cuphead, Ori).

Hats off to Xbox only gamers, MS should give you gamepass for free. Gotta reward their loyalty, specially when they come online and defend this shit show.
Series X behaves too much like a Xbox One X 2.0 at the moment but it’s an evolving platform.

The lack of first party offerings that excite people jumping into next gen is something MS deserves to be run over the coals with and is quite hilarious to see people defend that shit show. We can’t even say that 2020 was a strong year for Xbox and that people will have to option to play those amazing exclusives that came out. Gets worse when you think 2021 might be just as bad.
Series X BC isn’t really all that intriguing for me because the library doesn’t have the classics of the PS2/GameCube/PS1 era. I thought the 360/Triple era had a strong start with the Xbox and a strong finish with the PlayStation but to me it was one of the weaker generations.
Alex Bugaga couting those teared frames by hand, one by one, trying to buy time and praying for a solution to the clouds upstairs.

Can't wait for him to go full PC fanboy exclusive like pre X1X, you just know he about to ditch Xbox. Above all he's a Playstation hater, and if Xbox ain't kicking its ass then it ain't good enough for him.
Just going to vent one last time but... Even at places like beyond3d Xbox fanboys are melting themselves over the excuses. How 12 months of chest pounding and spreading fud about the underperforming PS5, the console that devs were having trouble with, is now completely erased and traded by the GDK being in the worst state ever.

Part of me hopes XSX keeps underperforming just because these people painted such a massive target on their teeth that I can’t help but want to see the tooth fairy coming in to collect.
Sony fanboys can point fingers and throw tantrums but Xbox fanboys are known to be the most toxic, aggressive, fud spreading monkeys in the gaming world.
I think it’s funny that although the PlayStation brand has like three of the top 5 best selling consoles, a lot of people have created this fantasy where its success is owed to the failures of a much smaller brand, Xbox. A brand that by all intents and purposes had its 15 mins of fame in the heyday of the Xbox 360, which itself was only possible exactly because PlayStation 3 launched later and had an horrible start. And even though the 360 is the absolute peak of the Xbox brand, by far (like... it’s a big difference), it still doesn’t enter the top 5.
I’m glad people who don’t like it can just turn it off even if that’s not enough and really they just a reason to hate.

And regarding the competitive multiplayer pros, which apparently there’s a ton of.... if you somehow play on consoles, don’t play on Xbox, where the input lag is higher and the precision is lower. Oh right, you’re not that much of a pro.
This scenario only makes sense in your head. Excuses regarding Xbox First party software offering have pilled over the last decade, and this angle you're playing comes across as coping.
I don’t know, but that’s not really what I’m talking about. What the inclusion of a game on the service does to its sales outside is pretty meaningless, because it’s on it. What matters is what such a service does to the rest of the platform, and how it changes the buying habits of its customers. Attach ratio on X1 was rather poor, in comparison, so how will the prevalence of such a subscription affect it? Probably not in a positive way, and it’s already becoming common to see PS5 versions outsell Series version by big margins.
This is what Xbox management does. They cozy up with the media, the YouTube celebs, the toxic fanboys. Much easier to buy good faith this way than it is releasing great games, those take too much time, talent and resources.
Sega folks always so bitter, no wonder most of them turned Xbox fans.

It was Sega that started this whole console war, and what killed Dreamcast was the nuclear dud name Saturn, and EA telling them to get rekt.
And you still claim that Xbox fans are responsible for everything wrong on the Gaming side?
Just to add that unfortunately much of the current state of gaming discussion is about everything but the games themselves. And right or wrong, I absolutely blame this on MS and the Xbox community. I’m not trolling when I say this, I’m just making an observation.

There has been a concerted effort to turn gaming discussion into business discussion almost exclusively. Look at the amount of insiders that have gained visibility over the last 12 to 24 months? Observe how most of them are Xbox centric, and are constantly playing to the crowd with rumors of acquisitions, free gold, exclusive this and that.

Look how a game like Miles Morales was instantly labeled DLC by a certain crowd, and instead of speaking about its quality, the price was the most important thing. Why? Because we gotta prop up a subscription service.

And since business has become the main topic, hypocrisy and double standards have shifted there. Let’s question every single move a certain company does as anti consumer, and the other as some sort of social service. Let’s talk business but let’s not talk the reality of the market, let’s instead create a narrative, a movement. Is a surprise that Phil Spencer has gained such status? Unironic I might add, which is astounding.

Coming into a gaming forum, ideally we want to talk about the games we are playing, the games that have been announced and are coming up, and discuss rumors here and there. But all people want to do atm is speculate business decisions, as if children dreaming of being CEOs. It’s pathetic.

We should be discussing content, but content won’t make anyone feel superior.

Yes we should talk about everything, but it’s the amount of focus on certain aspects that becomes extremely toxic.

Do we really need every post to reference the console you prefer, the controller you prefer, if you are buying the game on one console over the other or whether or not we need to thank a subscription service or a company or worse, a company talking head. I swear some people walk around with a t shirt saying “Thank you Mr A B C”.

A way to mitigate is to have threads dedicated to games being released on PS+/Gamepass/PSNow etc, or rumors. But I don’t know if that solves anything.

It’s just very toxic at the moment, as if nobody is actually playing and enjoying games, they are just working part time or full time as vital marketeers for these companies. And the ironic bit is that it’s just a stupid bubble that doesn’t mirror at all what’s happening out there.
I'm biased too baby, clearly. Just asking you directly to do this bit a bit differently, I've done threads about Xbox before, or about both consoles before, and I remove my bias from its creation because this is Neogaf, not Xbogaf or Playgaf.

I don't care if you're biased, everyone is, people just lie about it.
It’s for people who love Xbox.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

I have both. Interestingly enough, my Switch has been getting the most attention. Cotton Reboot, Darius Cozmic Revelation, Ghosts N’ Goblins Rez, Bravely Default 2, Ketsui Dethtiny, Mario, and finally Capcom Arcade Stadium are sapping all of my free time.

As far as which system is the better deal right now: Access to Gamepass is the determining factor. If you have a decent PC, then Gamepass there will suffice in lieu of an Xbox. Some games are different on each, but I utilize GP more on the PC side than on my SX.
PlayStation 5 is a great system I bought to play Demon Souls and Spider-Man until the first the second wave of games hits. As I bought most of my games digital last gen, I have access to a lot of PS4 gems.

Last edited:
What are we basing any of that off of? There is no baseline outside of what an individual wants to believe. You can interpret the results in so many different ways. My experience is a little different which is why I was even challenging it. I haven't seen people be more biased towards PlayStation than those who are biased towards Xbox. It is pretty equal and lately a little more towards Xbox than that of PlayStation (naturally given the abundance of announcements and decisions Microsoft has made.)

I think people are grasping at straws here and trying to one up the other any way they can. I guess I have seen everything now. lol

I wasn't trying to be antagonistic but it was clear to me that you had your mind made up which is why I said you live in your own world given how you are not able to step away from what I was referring to as a "war".
Really? U don’t think there’s more Sony fanboys than Xbox? I mean I see a few hardcore xbox people around but it seems like there’s far more Sony people

CatLady

Thirty7ven Thirty7ven when did you buy an Xbox Series X? You cry about people who buy Xbox for much of your post history and think anyone who likes Xbox must be a paid shill.
And you still claim that Xbox fans are responsible for everything wrong on the Gaming side?

Holy shit, I had NO idea Thirty7ven Thirty7ven was such a toxic fanboy. I'm going to guess most of that vitriol is from the next gen Sony Safe Space and that's why I wasn't aware how bad he is. Yeah, gotta say I now have some doubts someone that has that much hatred for a plastic box would buy said plastic box.

ManaByte

confused stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Hello police? I'd like to report a murder.

Redlancet

Banned
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Xbox and PlayStation controllers are fundamentally the same. I move back and forth between the two without even thinking about it.
well some people use the "elite" controllers to have a argument in the console wars,so thats why the hiperbole,i have dozens of controllers and i can play with any of them without any problems,and its funny how they act as like the elite comes with the console ,its a 150 quid controller

well some people use the "elite" controllers to have a argument in the console wars,so thats why the hiperbole,i have dozens of controllers and i can play with any of them without any problems,and its funny how they act as like the elite comes with the console ,its a 150 quid controller
What is the difference with an Elite controller? I ain’t throwing down that type of money for a controller regardless tho

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford You have a Xbox Series X?
I was kind of wanting to pre order an Xbox Series X just to catch up on all the Xbox games I missed on the Xbox One, but nah...

I think I can wait. The PS5 hype just feels like a real next gen console launch. Xbox Series X seems like some seriously half baked shit rushed out to meet a next gen quota.
They got a lot of new studios for sure.

If any of their games are good I'll probably get them on PS5 even though they're first or better on Xbox.
Can't wait to play the later, worse versions on PS5
Hell no

PS5DE makes XSS look like an awful value and the more I see of XSS the more I think it’s a terrible idea

some games are 30fps on XSS vs 60 on XSX

the XSS will be looked upon as one of the big blunders of this generation

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I don't like Sony or their games or their console, therefore I don't own one, so I'm sure you're much better able to explain it than I am.
That's fucking AWESOME! HZD is one of my favorite games from last gen and I loved Subnautica. Great get for PlayStation gamers.

This even includes the HZD DLC too?!?!?! Okay, I'm officially jealous. I got rid of my PS4 before playing the DLC :messenger_loudly_crying:
You just posted this today. Did you forget to log out or something? Horizon is a Sony game. You can buy a Precious5 for the sequel. Just saying.

And I don't see why you wouldn't like Ghost of Tsushima or God of War if you liked HZD?

CatLady

You just posted this today. Did you forget to log out or something? Horizon is a Sony game. You can buy a Precious5 for the sequel. Just saying.

And I don't see why you wouldn't like Ghost of Tsushima or God of War if you liked HZD?
Good job you got me! I shouldn't have lied, I do like ONE Sony game. Unlike you I'm not willing to buy a console I dislike just to play ONE game.

Now scurry away little Sony troll, isn't there an Xbox or Game Pass thread you could be trashing?

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Good job you got me! I shouldn't have lied, I do like ONE Sony game. Unlike you I'm not willing to buy a console I dislike just to play ONE game.

Now scurry away little Sony troll, isn't there an Xbox or Game Pass thread you could be trashing?
I'll think about you while I play Hivebusters and Outriders on my Xbox. Sending you love ❤

camby

Ive used my series x more than my ps5 but moslty because of multiplayer with my son he prefers the one x to the ps4 pro on the second tv. My only really next gen feeling experiences so far have been astro bot and demon souls. I will say all the last gen experiences on the x with upgrades have been huge and the appeal of game pass is so strong.

Can't vote as havnt got a PlayStation yet... And probably won't until I have to stop spending money on house improvements.

I can say since going from the PS4 to XSX and gamepass that I'm spending more time gaming and trying new games/genres though

Last edited:

Maogp

I think that we've got beautiful consoles, the user experience is much better than previous gen. At the moment I'm using mostly the series X for the massive BC, gamepass, and the huge backlog but let me say that when I put the dualsense in my hand I just freaking waiting for the first big title from Sony studios. The first game of this gen was Demon's and it was gorgeous thought.

Komatsu

After SEGA got out of the hardware business, I have been primarily a Sony gamer. I loved the Kutaragi approach to the platform: easy to develop. interesting, experimental, mature titles side by side with tentpole gangbusters, backwards compatibility out of the box for the platforms that preceded it...

I find it amusing really how dedicated the Sony diehards are. There's very little to defend in Jim Ryan's San Mateo-based organization and very little remains from the SCEI of old. It's an American electronic entertainment company, not unlike Microsoft, just smaller.

Game Pass is great. Backwards Compatibility is amazing - seriously, it was the reason I bought the XB1X in the first place, after three years being exclusively a Sony gamer. The XSX is a more polished, intuitive experience. Quick resume, the fact that if you buy a digital copy of a game you previously had in physical format you don't have to redownload it, it'll run fine without the disk, etc.

I actually still use my PS4 (in the living room) more often than the 5, mainly for JRPGs (Ys IX) and Final Fantasy XIV. But the recent addition of FFXII Zodiac Age on Game Pass plus FFXIII in 4K BC cut down on that as well.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I actually still use my PS4 (in the living room) more often than the 5, mainly for JRPGs (Ys IX) and Final Fantasy XIV. But the recent addition of FFXII Zodiac Age on Game Pass plus FFXIII in 4K BC cut down on that as well.
That 4K upgrade for FFXIII looks amazing and can compete easily with a lot of last gens games. It doesn’t look remotely close to a 360 gen game and the auto HDR is just extra icing on the cake.

Really underrated work MS and Square did on that, BC title.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
That 4K upgrade for FFXIII looks amazing and can compete easily with a lot of last gens games. It doesn’t look remotely close to a 360 gen game and the auto HDR is just extra icing on the cake.

Really underrated work MS and Square did on that, BC title.

Yeah that’s a really cool example of it not just being an upres. They even went as far to replace the movie files with the blu ray quality ones iirc!

Stuart360

Honestly thought this would be a SonyGAF convoluted thread, but surprisingly it's the opposite. Microsoft has got to be doing everything right to win this, especially after many years of SonyGAF stuff. I'm excited for the extra benefits of gamepass.
It actrually speaks volumes to me. In all my time here i dont think i have ever seen Xbox win one of these kind of polls on here, unless it was something negative.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer the Xbox Series X. Better console, better controller, better backwards compatibility, Game Pass, Quick Resume, FPS Boost, Auto HDR and better long term potential. Have put over 300 hours into several games since January 4th. Simply loving the Xbox Series X. All the first party exclusives coming later this year and beyond including Bethesda is massive and Microsoft is nowhere near done in regards to development studio/publisher acquisitions which has me super hyped!! Then, add in third party games going into Game Pass day one which is huge. Super hyped for Outriders being day one as I no longer have to buy it.

As for PlayStation 5, I bought, played and completed Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales which was a great game. Prefer Spider Man 2018 over Miles but im very much looking forward to Spider Man 2. If it wasn't for Sony's first party exclusives, I wouldn't have any reason to own it.

Batiman

Banned
Seems like MS is finally turning things around. Looking at this thread and the same one era is surprising me to see most people preferring XSX. I plan on getting them both this year as both are gonna have great games I can’t miss out on.

Komatsu

It actrually speaks volumes to me. In all my time here i dont think i have ever seen Xbox win one of these kind of polls on here, unless it was something negative.

And the margin should be wider given that there is a handful of PS5 voters that we all know not only don't own the new Xbox, they probably never owned a single Microsoft platform in the first place.

Last edited:

Stuart360

And the margin should be wider given that there is a handful of PS5 voters that we all know not only don't own the new Xbox, they probably never owned a single Microsoft platform in the first place.
Yeah i must say i did chuckle earlier when i read some of the users that voted.

It actrually speaks volumes to me. In all my time here i do nt think i have ever seen Xbox win one of these kind of polls on here, unless it was something negative.

You're looking too much into the statistics.

What's more than likely happening is that Xbox owners (and particularly, those that slant more in the Xbox camp in terms of preference) are far more likely to own both consoles, since their platform is largely devoid of any next-gen exclusive games.

Those that are in the Sony camp are far less likely to find any need to own an Xbox Series X at this point in time.

Top Bottom