• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only for those who own BOTH an XSX and a PS5

I currently prefer my...

• Total voters

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Surprising to see some of the really ardent PS5 fans that really seem to hate Xbox actually bought one especially people like Snake29 Snake29 or @Bryank75. How are you guys liking the Xbox and Game Pass experience?

Jadsey Jadsey I see you're triggered by this post. Are you upset I left you out? I apologize for the omission, please do tell us how much you are enjoying your Xbox Series X/S and the Game Pass experience.

sainraja

Oh most definitely. There's extremists on both ends of it. Especially considering majority of users here are Playstation fans.

Honestly should just be thread banned at minimum for being disingenuous.
Considering the results of the poll here, if the majority were PlayStation fans, you'd see that reflected here. I think you all need to drop that narrative now.

----

I personally appreciate that the two systems are different enough from each other. In terms of backwards compatibility, that is important but not as important to me given I have played a lot of the PS4/Xbox One games that I was interested in. I can visit those on any of the two platforms (I will soon have the PS5). On the PS5, I would have loved to play PS3 games but it's not something I put higher over games that are out on the PS5 right now or soon (Miles, Demons, Ratchet.)

For the near term, both systems are going to be my Destiny 2 boxes lol. That is all I want to play these days.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Zheph Zheph when did you get an Xbox Series S or X?
Well that's the problem with some of them, it's not that they like Xbox and want to be heard, bu rather that they hate playstation and wants it to lose, at all costs.
I would've excluded @TBiddy because yes he is more leaning toward Xbox but every time we talked he wasn't spraying bullshit about playstation like some others were.
I for example am leaning more toward PC and playstation, but I do not want Xbox to fail, I expected them to do a little bit better in multiplats and believed the insiders saying they will have"mic drops after mic drops".
But some of these users are so diehard that they brain twist reality to fit their narratives and it's incredible how delusionnal some of them can be.
it honestly makes me want to stay away from the brand, dude like Astal are so bad for Xbox and there are a fair share of idiots on the blue coasts but to that extent?!
I don't think it is the brand the problem, but the compliance by some of their leaders with those types of person.
Which in a way validate their behaviour.But the brand is not responsible for this, Crapgamer and MBG are the same now that they are rooting for playstation.But when you are toxic you want to be heard and when higher ups aknowledge your existence and give you importance then you keep the toxic behaviour to get noticed again, and if it doesn't works then you do it harder.
It’s part of the brand for me, you don’t see Hermen doing this
I mean, would it be any different if they had a PS5 or X1X? There’s no games for these $500+ consoles.
I'm quite busy with my PS5.
So fellas, if it was up to you

would you gonfor raw 12 TF like microoft is doing?

or

Better i/o / little less TF

im asking this from my ignorance in tachnology😂
PS5 all day
Sounds like something someone who downplays anything Xbox would say. You're talking about Neogaf here? LOL
In general, NeoGaf is just one website... and how crazy it is that there are more PS players than Xbox players... WOW LOL.
Link me to the site where Xbox is overhyped. I just saw a thread about this being the GOAT month for PS+ because of Control. Now that's hype!
Sounds like something someone who downplays anything PS would say. (It's easy, isn't it? have a good day)
Nah, just a PS fan that thinks Dark Souls, Demon's Souls etc were much better months than a Control month. But it's just a matter of opinion so I was mostly joking hence the tongue emoji.
I was waiting for the PS5 patch to buy it so that's sweet for me but of course they can't compete with From Softwares Games, I agree with you but its personal opinions.
Greenberg is such a toxic idiot
Most of the post history is on Next Gen Spec Thread, talking about twitter circlejerk or hating on people who work at Xbox.

GametimeUK

Now before I start it's important for some context. I have an LG C9 4K Oled TV and an ROG PG279Q 1440p monitor.

I prefer Sony's game output so far, but that's about it. When it comes to the actual system the Xbox ticks way more boxes that cater to my setup.

The Xbox feature set that caters to me are as follows:

VRR support.
1440p output for my monitor.
Gamepass.
FPS Boost.
Backwards compatibility.
Dev mode for my emulators.
I prefer the elite controller.
Cross play, cross buy, gamepass on PC.
Digital refund policies.
Early access.

It's my all in one gaming beast eco system. I'm sure I'm missing loads, but these are most important. The system goes above and beyond as a gaming device. I don't think Sony offers anything nearly as interesting in terms of policies, but it's more than likely going to have the better exclusives when it boils down to it.

I prefer my Xbox as a system / platform. I prefer Sony exclusives. I voted for Xbox.

Concern

Considering the results of the poll here, if the majority were PlayStation fans, you'd see that reflected here. I think you all need to drop that narrative now.

----

Which narrative? About the majority? Thats no big secret. There's no way to keep track what percentage actually have both consoles tho.

But its not hard to see the difference in number of each fan base here.

FrankWza

I think both sides of that poll are being padded a bit.
Definitely. But in that one communities thread, PS owners asking for PSN names or proof of ownership is often mocked as was geordiemp geordiemp for doubting people. Now it’s an issue the other way all of a sudden. I’m just saying, it goes both ways and the only way it’ll stop is if everyone stops because everyone...everyone does it

Reactions: GHG

sainraja

Which narrative? About the majority? Thats no big secret. There's no way to keep track what percentage actually have both consoles tho.

But its not hard to see the difference in number of each fan base here.
I am saying if the majority of the people on this forum were PlayStation fans as you are claiming and now with accusations towards some members here of not owning both yet voting and the results still being in favor of Xbox, should tell you that the majority aren't PlayStation fans. The results should have been heavily skewed towards PlayStation if that were the case.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I've pretty much stayed out of this thread since I don't have both yet. But obviously warring is serious business and people like @Bryank75 Snake29 Snake29 @thismeinteil and plenty more are trying to even out the polls yet somehow Xbox list is bigger lol.

These polls are always filled with disingenuous fanboys, hence why they're a waste of time.

Funny i've had all xbox consoles in the past next to my PS and PC. And since i share the S with my brother (i purchased it for him mostly), i can say i have them both.

You can stop being "concerned".

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Definitely. But in that one communities thread, PS owners asking for PSN names or proof of ownership is often mocked as was geordiemp geordiemp for doubting people. Now it’s an issue the other way all of a sudden. I’m just saying, it goes both ways and the only way it’ll stop is if everyone stops because everyone...everyone does it
Hostile_18? He literally showed proof of his PSN but geordie will always leave the thread when this is shown, so that he can make that joke with his circlejerk later.
Omfg really... I've had the Console just over a week outside of exchanges. Your unbelievable.

HEeokwU.jpg

Concern

Not necessarily. The poll in that 'Which set of fans are the worst on this forum?' thread was sided in Playstations favour even more than this poll.

But that's including Nintendo and pc fans who voted against them. Even some Playstation fans acknowledge how toxic they are. It was 130 Playstation vs 41 Xbox last I saw before it was deleted lol.

But we also had polls of which console everyone was getting and it was heavily in favor of just ps5. Now all of a sudden there's so many double console owners.

sainraja

Not necessarily. The poll in that 'Which set of fans are the worst on this forum?' thread was sided in Playstations favour even more than this poll.
I don't know what the result of that thread was and don't see how that negates what this poll shows but just because you did not agree with the result of that poll (since you seem to take issue with the result of that poll and as you just stated, it was in PlayStations favor, do you identify as an Xbox fan? Given how you have responded to me in the past and some of your other posts, I'd say if Xbox fans were voted to be the worst, I think you may have influenced it ;)).

Last edited:

Zheph

Zheph Zheph when did you get an Xbox Series S or X?

Most of the post history is on Next Gen Spec Thread, talking about twitter circlejerk or hating on people who work at Xbox.
I didn't vote or expressed my opinion on the question, glad you are doing the cleaning in here, hoping it works both ways :) you can have a look yourself as you take a keen interest in my history

Last edited:

Stuart360

I don't know what the result of that thread was and don't see how that negates what this poll shows but just because you did not agree with the result of that poll (since you seem to take issue with the result of that poll and as you just stated, it was in PlayStations favor, do you identify as an Xbox fan? Given how you have responded to me in the past and some of your other posts, I'd say if Xbox fans were voted to be the worst, I think you may have influenced it ;)).
I voted Playstation fans, because they are the worst by far. At least a lot have gone in hiding the past week with the positivity around Xbox currently.

EDIT. and you missunderstood what i meant. Playstation fans were voted the worst by a bigger difference than the result of this poll.

Last edited:

Concern

You do realize that both sides act the same way towards each other. Trust me, you guys aren't better or worst than each other in that respect. This is embarrassing to see.

As I said. There's extremists on both sides but obviously much more on the Playstation side.

Xbox ot was created in july and the Ps5 ot was created in April. Yet the xbox ot has double the posts. Actually, you know.... talking about games or xbox related things.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Jadsey Jadsey I see you're triggered by this post. Are you upset I left you out? I apologize for the omission, please do tell us how much you are enjoying your Xbox Series X/S and the Game Pass experience.
What about your good pal Mr.ODST Mr.ODST ? You think he has a PS5? It's hard to know since he hides his post history lol

I'm surprised at how many Xbox fans also own a PS5 and they all jump at the chance to vote in these polls. Is it those cinematic games? I thought GP was more than enough.

sainraja

As I said. There's extremists on both sides but obviously much more on the Playstation side.

Xbox ot was created in july and the Ps5 ot was created in April. Yet the xbox ot has double the posts. Actually, you know.... talking about games or xbox related things.
For you the Playstation side is the worst but someone who is like you on the PlayStation side might feel that the Xbox side is worse. If you are going to align yourself to one brand and go to war for it then this is exactly how you are going to think (I understand preferences but what a lot of you do here such as calling each other out over stupid stuff is far far from preferences and is like all out war).

If someone is acting like a fanboy (in other words unreasonable), why do you need to know who is better at that? lol I think you identify yourself with the Xbox fans or fanboys which is why you want people to think the PlayStation fans are the worst. It doesn't really matter.

Bernkastel

What about your good pal Mr.ODST Mr.ODST ? You think he has a PS5? It's hard to know since he hides his post history lol

I'm surprised at how many Xbox fans also own a PS5 and they all jump at the chance to vote in these polls. Is it those cinematic games? I thought GP was more than enough.
You can hide your profile but not post history. Even if you are not logged in, you can view someone's post history even if they are perm banned. NeoGAF allows this.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
For you the Playstation side is the worst but someone who is like you on the PlayStation side might feel that the Xbox side is worse. If you are going to align yourself to one brand and go to war for it then this is exactly how you are going to think (I understand preferences but what a lot of you do here such as calling each other out over stupid stuff is far far from preferences and is like all out war).

If someone is acting like a fanboy (in other words unreasonable), why do you need to know who is better at that? lol I think you identify yourself with the Xbox fans or fanboys which is why you want people to think the PlayStation fans are the worst. It doesn't really matter.

It all makes him feel better that's why, and since i can easily show him proof, i won't feed him with it.

800803.jpg

He will be like this all day long.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

I happen to know for a fact he owns a PS5 from private conversations. I also know he likes it alot and speaks quite positively about it. Can you say the same about Jadsey Jadsey ?

Concern

Assumptions are not the best. But as I said earlier. If you criticize something on playstation, you're automatically an "xbot". I criticize things on Xbox like 343, halo Infinite, or etc and sometimes maybe one or two fanboys will say im a playstation fanboy. I criticize playstation, the whole spec thread crowd jumps at me lol.

This is not "war". Far from it. Just a bunch of immature 40 year old man children who can't handle criticism of their favorite plastic box. Most of the people here wouldn't talk to each other in the manner they do here, to each other in person. Its just childish garbage.

sainraja

Assumptions are not the best. But as I said earlier. If you criticize something on playstation, you're automatically an "xbot". I criticize things on Xbox like 343, halo Infinite, or etc and sometimes maybe one or two fanboys will say im a playstation fanboy. I criticize playstation, the whole spec thread crowd jumps at me lol.

This is not "war". Far from it. Just a bunch of immature 40 year old man children who can't handle criticism of their favorite plastic box. Most of the people here wouldn't talk to each other in the manner they do here, to each other in person. Its just childish garbage.
Do you honestly think that does not happen the other way around? It does. Regardless, the point is, it's all pointless. Yes, it is childish which is why I was asking you, why does it matter to you who is worse? lol

Last edited:

Concern

Do you honestly think that does not happen the other way around? It does. Regardless, the point is, it's all pointless. It is childish which is why I was asking you, why does it matter to you who is worse? lol

Simply pointing out something which has pretty much been proven (considering the fanboy poll), does not mean it "matters" to me.

I can say the sky is blue without giving a fuck what it is.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sure you could. Yet not once have you brought up you own one. Much less the S which you constantly say what a waste it is and how it holds back the gen.

This poll pops up and you're now a "proud" series s owner 🤣🤣

Did i say that? and since your the one that might know that, give me proof out of my own history.

And for the fact, everyone knows that the S in general is a waste.....for developers mostly. But since you're so worried about it, I'm sure you have time to look up where I said that too.

But if you are searching for friends on Xbox Live, you can always add me!

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Rabid PS fanboys asking for proof of ownership for anyone who said PS5 wasn't perfect were clearly projecting about their own lies about having an XSX. They lied about having the console and not liking it, so they assumed anyone who said they didn't like PS5 must be lying about having one.

Sad.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Do you honestly think that does not happen the other way around? It does. Regardless, the point is, it's all pointless. It is childish which is why I was asking you, why does it matter to you who is worse? lol
Exactly. It is what it is. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it. I know that Next gen thread was not visited by a lot of those green voters up there for months when the head to heads were rolling in with parity. Last week the zeni exclusivity comes through and all of a sudden they’re all in the next gen thread again. In between there was victim complex complaints in the communities thread. Come on people. It’s just games and shit talk.
Rabid PS fanboys asking for proof of ownership for anyone who said PS5 wasn't perfect waere clearly projection about their own lies about having an XSX. They lied about having the console and not liking it, so they assumed anyone who said they didn't like PS5 must be lying about having one.

Sad.
Did you not read these exact posts the other way on this page?

It's 2021, paying extra for something that should be standard and is standard on pretty much all other electronics that doesn't have days of battery life, is the norm now.

I'm going to blow your mind then. I paid $200 for the Elite 2 which is amazing and is rechargeable with an awesome little charging stand.

Mmnow

If I had to guess, I'd say Xbox (and PC, and Switch) owners are more likely to own multiple platforms, And that the vast majority of people at Neogaf are not asshole fanboys.

But of those that are, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the most vocal are true born PlayStation fanboys.

That's why a poll like this might not reflect the presumption of a PlayStation bias, but threads definitely do.

Last edited:

DjMystix

Got both at launch and I barely turn on my XSX. two main reasons:

- I have been console neutral my entire life pretty much but have leaned more towards PlayStation due to exclusives so carrying over progress and library from PS makes sense to stick to PlayStation eco system
- people I play with are all on PlayStation platforms

I only go to xbox for gamepass games that comes to the service day one. Last game I played on XSX was Haven (edit: no The Medium Actually). Next one would be Outriders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom