• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Season 3 to Be made by JC Staff

Draugoth

Gold Member

saitama-character-visual-for-season-3-v0-8z9wg7abijlc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Dancer_BV

JC Staff animated the second season, didn't they?

I didn't mind the "quality drop" as much as most did. In fact, I found the season incredibly enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to this. ❤️

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought the quality wasn't as good as season 1. Let's hope they took the criticism to heart and improved on season 3.

Doom85

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

The rumor I had heard was it would be Studio Bones who would handle Season 3. Sure, it wouldn’t be as god tier looking as S1 by Madhouse was, but still would be a major improvement over what we got with Season 2. But I guess the hype is dead for me now.

I thought the quality wasn't as good as season 1. Let's hope they took the criticism to heart and improved on season 3.

JC Staff just don’t seem to excel at animation in terms of action from what I’ve seen, the sole major exception from them I know of is what I’ve seen of A Certain Scientific Railgun.

At this point, if I want to know what happens next in OPM, I think I’ll just check out the manga. At least the mangaka’s other work, Mob Psycho 100, got all of its seasons done by Studio Bones with pretty damn good animation from what I’ve seen.

I'm glad this was finally announced. I'm worried that they're hinting towards something that should not be in a season 3(unless they rush everything).

It was never going to be a fair comparison. Season 1 almost had the quality of an OVA. Anything afterwards was going to be a step down unless it was from the same studio with the same passion.

Rat Rage

JC Staff animated the second season, didn't they?

I didn't mind the "quality drop" as much as most did. In fact, I found the season incredibly enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to this. ❤️

Exact opposite for me: the second season looked bad, I stopped after one episode and never looked back, especially after coming directly from season 1. Madhouse just set the bar too high.

Disappointing stuff.
The audio quality of S2 was so bad and animations were a big step back from what Madhouse delivered in S1.

I'm a manga reader and I just know they won't do those epic panels justice, especially the ones in the final fight of the Monster Association arc.

Top Bottom