• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Odyssey for PS5, PS4, Xbox and PC Gets New Screenshots and Story & Setting Details

Bullet Club

One Piece Odyssey for PS5, PS4, Xbox and PC Gets New Screenshots and Story & Setting Details​

Today Bandai Namco updated the Japanese website of the upcoming JRPG One Piece Odyssey with new screenshots and details.

The story sees the Straw Hat pirates stranded due to a powerful storm on an island named “Waffled,” which is full of natural beauty and apparently surrounded by storms.

They are separated from their friends and the Thousand Sunny has been sunk. Luffy and his crew set out on a new adventurous journey to escape from the island surrounded by storms.

What awaits them are wild natural wonders, powerful enemies and…

We also get to see a colossal statue that confronts the Straw Hat pirates, various monsters, and mysterious ruins that are scattered everywhere on Waffled island, with many puzzles blocking the path of our heroes. What could be their secret?

You can check out all the new screenshots below.

r2NO7I7.jpg

yjeEs0H.jpg

0pSVqzz.jpg

tvK5u38.jpg

One Piece Odyssey is coming in 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.

If you’re unfamiliar with One Piece, the original manga by Eiichiro Oda debuted all the way back in 1997 on Shueiusha’s popular magazine Weekly Shounen Jump and it’s still ongoing, having recently passed its 100th volume.

It has sparked one of the most long-lived anime series of all time, which has recently passed the 1,000th episode.

Of course, there have also been plenty of movies, video games, and a live-action series on Netflix is also coming.

Source: Twinfinite

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just watched 1015 EP of One Piece and was pure hype!!!!

I wish the games would really capture the pure adventure side manga/anime.

MastaKiiLA

I wish they'd do a proper canon adventure. Break it into multiple games. Start with the East Blue saga, then the Arlong and Alabasta arcs. Then Enies Lobby and Water 7, and then give us Thriller Bark and Sabaody. Yeah, we already know the story from the manga/anime, but those were really fun arcs. I enjoyed World Seeker, but I was left wanting because the story just didn't mean anything to me. It's like playing a filler episode.

Otre

Banned
Graphics style reminds me of PS2 era mediocre to bad anime games. Hope this is better than that World Seeker pile of shit. Being an RPG gives me some hope.

I wish they'd do a proper canon adventure. Break it into multiple games. Start with the East Blue saga, then the Arlong and Alabasta arcs. Then Enies Lobby and Water 7, and then give us Thriller Bark and Sabaody. Yeah, we already know the story from the manga/anime, but those were really fun arcs. I enjoyed World Seeker, but I was left wanting because the story just didn't mean anything to me. It's like playing a filler episode.
Maybe they'll make it there one day. I'm just glad a lot of these anime games are branching away from Musou. That Fairy Tail RPG wasn't half bad.

Fbh

**spoiler**

Man I need to check out some of these latest anime chapters.
I'm usually fine sticking with manga but this whole Wano arc has been rather messy and underwhelming, the Kaido/Luffy fine in particular has been lame as hell.
But they sure seem to add a lot of extra flair and excitement in the anime.

Danjin44

Man I need to check out some of these latest anime chapters.
I'm usually fine sticking with manga but this whole Wano arc has been rather messy and underwhelming, the Kaido/Luffy fine in particular has been lame as hell.
But they sure seem to add a lot of extra flair and excitement in the anime.
When anime reached Wano arc the entire production value increased and changed style, anime has been really good.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
When anime reached Wano arc the entire production value increased and changed style, anime has been really good.
It's still terribly paced but unless we get seasonal or filler episodes (instead of mixing the filler into canon episodes) I guess it's as good as it will get

Danjin44

It's still terribly paced but unless we get seasonal or filler episodes (instead of mixing the filler into canon episodes) I guess it's as good as it will get
I agree with you on the pacing but adapting long running series like One Piece while manga is still ongoing (preparing for final arc) this is as best as it gets.

It’s better than what’s happening to Hunter X Hunter.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I agree with you on the pacing but adapting long running series like One Piece while manga is still ongoing (preparing for final arc) this is as best as it gets.

It’s better than what’s happening to Hunter X Hunter.
I disagree. I think seasonal is best like MHA. 2 chapters an episode and more time to consistently animate better. Keeps it from having to worry about catching up

Danjin44

I disagree. I think seasonal is best like MHA. 2 chapters an episode and more time to consistently animate better. Keeps it from having to worry about catching up
Maybe you right but at this point I’m addicted to my weekly One Piece.

Last edited:

GreenAlien

There is a fan-project called "One Pace", it cuts out all the filler and time wasting and it's great.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
There is a fan-project called "One Pace", it cuts out all the filler and time wasting and it's great.
Ah yes I have seen some clips and it's indeed fantastic. I hope we get a "DBZ Kai" like redo at some point if Toei wants to milk the anime for more after it's done

Danjin44

Ah yes I have seen some clips and it's indeed fantastic. I hope we get a "DBZ Kai" like redo at some point if Toei wants to milk the anime for more after it's done
We got something similar with Hunter X Hunter (2011) which is my opinion was really good.......too bad its never going to finished.

But I think that one is done by Madhouse Studio.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
We got something similar with Hunter X Hunter (2011) which is my opinion was really good.......too bad its never going to finished.

But I think that one is done by Madhouse Studio.
That would be the dream as it's fully redone. Get rid of extended reaction and stare down shots and added flashbacks and every trick Toei uses. Once the manga is done they don't have to worry about catching up and can do 20 episode seasons instead of nearly every week of the year. Would be epic

Top Bottom