• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once when filming a movie, Steven Seagal called an actress into his office and said:

SJRB

Gold Member
Nobody has disappointed me more in my life than Steven Seagal has. Not even Santa.

Dude was a legend to me when I was a kid. Hard to Kill, Above the Law, On Deadly Ground and of course Under Siege were dope as fuck. I thought he was a martial arts god. I had the movies, I owned that documentary of him teaching Aikido in Japan, studying the moves. It just looked so sick.

Then I started learning Aikido myself and I was like eh.... Wait a minute. That's not how Aikido works, this shit is useless in an actual streetfight. So image shattered.

Then it turns out he is an insanely unlikeable guy. Like a total douchebag. Asshole to other cast and crew, overwhelmingly unpleasant character. Image shattered again.

Then the fucking weird pro-Russia stuff, the dumb depute sheriff show, the shit music, the faux spiritual nonsense. The guy is a neverending disappointment.

Last edited:

Soltype

He was putting out legit movies in the late 80s early 90's. His first 5 films were pretty decent, this revisionist history of him never being a draw or entertaining is bullshit. If you were watching movies back in the day, you more than likely wanted to go see at least on seagal flick.

Last edited:

Perfect timing.
Putin and Segal

5AWxh7W.jpg

Putin and Macron

js0ICFf.jpg

Not only a nutjob it seems..

Pronouns in her bio, and a recent tweet about "manspreading" in her feed. Meanwhile Sorbo is a conservative Christian, which means both of them are probably going to be biased against each other. Not calling her a liar, and maybe this is all true, but it also wouldn't surprise me if "pressure me into sex" and "publicly shame me on set when refused" turned out to be "hit on me several times and then made fun of me after I did something dumb."

Or yeah, like I said, maybe it's all true. I'm not going to judge either party, because it's impossible to tell.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

jason10mm

Gold Member
While I agree aikido is mostly useless, Seagal was ALWAYS the biggest guy in the room, so when a 200+ guy starts finger twisting little dudes it does kinda work. Plus his early stuff was mostly sweeps and chops when he got serious. I always liked his floaty gun handling as well

Nobody has disappointed me more in my life than Steven Seagal has. Not even Santa.

Dude was a legend to me when I was a kid. Hard to Kill, Above the Law, On Deadly Ground and of course Under Siege were dope as fuck. I thought he was a martial arts god. I had the movies, I owned that documentary of him teaching Aikido in Japan, studying the moves. It just looked so sick.

Then I started learning Aikido myself and I was like eh.... Wait a minute. That's not how Aikido works, this shit is useless in an actual streetfight. So image shattered.

Then it turns out he is an insanely unlikeable guy. Like a total douchebag. Asshole to other cast and crew, overwhelmingly unpleasant character. Image shattered again.

Then the fucking weird pro-Russia stuff, the dumb depute sheriff show, the shit music, the faux spiritual nonsense. The guy is a neverending disappointment.

It's funny. Someone who could have been a 90s action movie star for several years and then faded away into obscurity has instead become an absolute legend, but for all the wrong reasons.

Aggelos

Seagal is the kind of scumbag/douchebag that belongs to the Harvey Weinsten club.
I can't believe I used to watch this dirtbag's films back in the '90s (well some of them to be frank).

Fools idol

Banned
theres long been a rumour that he alao hired male prostitutes while filming in thailand, not for himself, but to watch them fuck girls.

Big ol' cuck lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
He is a fucking eyebrow actor anyway

But yeah most importantly he is a PoS

I'm so glad I was crushing on Cynthia rothrock back in the 90's and watching the classic JCVD films.

SJRB

Gold Member

Ralph watched late-stage Seagal so you don't have to.

Especially interesting if you're thinking "well how bad an actor can he really be?" Because brother, you have no idea.

Last edited:

Soltype

On a related note, his energy drink is easily one of the worst tasting things I've ever drank. It was like they used worm medicine as the drink base.

stevenseagal_lightningbolt.jpg

Mr Hyde

Stephen Tobolowskys story about Seagal is probably the best. Absolutely hilarious. It's on the set of the Glimmer Man, with Keenen Ivory Wayans. Corroborates with Rob Schneiders story about the spiritual epiphany Seagull had.

pramod

Banned
It's a top 20 for me, easily.
And yes that scene... back when everybody at school had to watch the same film on a Friday night I'm sure that scene was responsible for a good portion of the male continent discovering masturbation for the first time.

Pretty much the only thing i remember from that movie. And the line "im just a cook."

Top Bottom