• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Max: Quiet On Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm watching this docu-series on Max about the dark side of Kids TV, so far it's focusing on Nickelodeon and Dan Schneider. I feel SO sad and heartbroken for these kids. One of whom I follow on TikTok and Instagram (Giovanni Samuels) ... Mostly because she lives here in Atlanta. But I remembered her from One of those cheerleader movies with Hayden Panetierre.

Anyway... If you watch this, be prepared to feel physically ill or like your heart sank to the molten core of the Earth.

aXzr8RF.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
Is it naming names?

Root the fuckers out from their holes in the mud and burn 'em. Chances are the current crop of casting directors, producers, and directors of kids shows are just like them.

YCoCg

Looking forward to checking this out, it's been an open joke for years about Dan and his fetishes and apparently he's denied any of this in the most weird way possible.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So Drake from Drake and Josh was sexually abused for nearly a year by this eff-face and dude only got SIXTEEN MONTHS?!?!

Is it naming names?

Root the fuckers out from their holes in the mud and burn 'em. Chances are the current crop of casting directors, producers, and directors of kids shows are just like them.

It named names. Dan Schneider was a HUGE a-hole to the women on his staff and put so many sexual innuendos in KIDS TV... Especially with the girls. He was a bloody tyrant!

And the 3 men who abused kids at Nickelodeon, they were named and shown. And the celebs who defended (with character witness letters) the man who raped Drake were named too!

Edit: after prison, dude got another job working on Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Last edited:
I was gonna watch this last night, but my wife can't stand to watch stuff with child abuse as a topic so we decided to watch something else. Pretty bad stuff huh? I remember watching some YT docs about Dan Schneider a few years back and the dude seemed super scummy and it almost seemed like his behavior was just an open secret.

I was well past the target audience for most of those shows though by the time they came out. I did eventually learn that the creator or Ren & Stimpy has/had shady past with some underage girl though which was disheartening to learn considering how much I loved that show as a kid.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I never watched this era of Nickelodeon, I was more of a double dare you can't do that on television in the 80s watcher. But I have watched 2.5 of these episodes and it is awful what these children were put through and how they would work to separate the kids from the parents.

I remember Mark Paul Goslar talking about not wanting his kids to be in showbiz because it was an adult industry and not a kid industry, you are in an adult world.

Top Bottom