• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok .. wtf is this ? Call of duty warfare

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Just bought COD warfare and i put so much time to get this huge game download and finally after downloading 146GB I entered the game to play online .. then nothing I can't play !!

Whenever I go into multiplayer it shows Game Installs list shit ! Wtf is that don't tell me I need to download all of that to play online ?!?!

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The game is absurdly large, so they separated the online game and the campaign, so you can just have one or the other downloaded and installed on your system.
Can I only sownload the mutiplayer pack to play online ? Or should I download the whole list ?

J-Roderton

Kinda is a pain in the ass with the files and stuff. Yeah.

I’m playing CoD4 remaster and WWII multiplayer recently. Having miles more fun.

bucyou

Just bought COD warfare and i put so much time to get this huge game download and finally after downloading 146GB I entered the game to play online .. then nothing I can't play !!

Whenever I go into multiplayer it shows Game Installs list shit ! Wtf is that don't tell me I need to download all of that to play online ?!?!

tenor.gif

The lack of optimization for COD these days is mind numbing, to the point where it leaves you staring blankly at your screen wondering if they're really that bad, or if you're having a bad dream or something.

Soo... When Warzone first released the entire game and updates were so large that people began to complain to both Sony and MS as the updates each month were blowing through people's data caps. People were putting off buying new games because had they done so, they'd still be well beyond their data cap for the month to even install it. Sony and MS seeing this, got onto Activision about it, and told them to optimize their updates better because they were losing potential revenue.

So Activision and the developers promised to cut down on the size of updates. Awhile later the next update comes out, and sure enough, it was indeed smaller as promised. Upon updating the game, and attempting to play, you were instructed that a seperate multiplayer file needed to be downloaded before you could play. So while they did technically cut down on the size of the updates... In their persistence to remain as unoptimized as possible, they began to simply add additional files that also needed to be downloaded once an update got too large.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds it seems.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I couldn't even get MW to work on PS4 after the last update. Everytime I turned the console on it wanted to install 28gb from the disc. I just uninstalled it. I'll never buy another COD after how poorly this game was handled.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gotta love the digital future
Xbox 360 and PS3 era
Devs: Hmmm..... we got 20 or 60 gb to work with on these launch systems. Ok team, make sure patches and DLC are small!

Modern day
Devs: Hmmm..... all these consoles have around 1 TB of storage space. Ok team, go nuts!

Marketing dept: COD is consistently the best selling game every year. Hey dev team, pump up the storage space needed. We are going to go for a crowding out strategy. The more space COD takes up so we get gamers focusing on it and mtx money, the less time gamers play competing games!

Last edited:
Top Bottom