• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio firefighter: "One dog is more important than a million n******"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...re-important-than-a-million-african-americans

But, according to station WHIO, a recent Facebook back-and-forth caught the 20-year-old writing that in a burning building he would choose to save a dog before an African American because ”one dog is more important than a million [expletive]," he wrote, using the n-word.

Royston — whose Facebook account also features pictures of the Ohioan in firefighter gear as well as Confederate flag memes — did not immediately respond to a Facebook message requesting comment. A woman who identified herself as his wife told Fox 19: ”He admitted that he said the things that were wrong and apologized. Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion."

EDIT: Ah, crap, another thread exists a page or two back. Apologies!

Tigress

I don't believe he said something like that and suddenly had an epiphany that it was wrong to say/feel like his wife claimed. More likely he realized it might get him in trouble and is just trying to backtrack.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
The sad thing about the mass population having easily available internet access, is realizing how disgusting and racist the population was from the beginning.

I don't believe he said something like that and suddenly had an epiphany that it was wrong to say/feel like his wife claimed. More likely he realized it might get him in trouble and is just trying to backtrack.

Yeah, of course he's only sorry there was a backlash from it. The fact he said everyone is entitled to their opinion proves he doesn't get it. He should be fired, piece of shit.

Just fire this asshole. Cant understand how anybody can think and even write that.

On the other side there are days i think a dog is more important than all of humanity combined.

i-Lo

These motherfuckers are YOUR firefighter, cops, doctors i.e. people who hold a lot of power over your lives.

He isn't sorry because it's wrong, it's simply to save face and job now that he's been caught red handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom