• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Official] Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will be Sunday, June 13 at 10 AM PST

Kagey K

Banned
DrDisrespect constantly talks about Halo Infinite and its BR possibilities. He's just assuming it will have a BR mode,and i bet he's not the only one.
BR isnt my thing, but i feel it would be a bit of a waste to not have Halo BR.
I think a mode with nothing but Battle Rifles would be pretty cool too. True test of skill. 😉

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am cautiously excited for this. Here is what I would like to see:

Realtime trailers for the following games:
- Avowed
- State of Decay 2
- Fable
- Perfect Dark

I am a realist and I know those games are no where close to being ready for gameplay demos, but a year has passed and they should have been working towards a trailer at the very least.

Gameplay:
- Everwild - this has been shown off for well over a year and a half now. it's time to stop teasing and show us what this game is about.
- Hellblade 2 - Same as above. Both of these studios need to put up or shut up. They are both coming off of stinkers and they are both better than that.
- Halo Infinite - Lets see what they got.
- Starfield - Same as above.
Forza 8 - this was in early pre-production last year which is bizarre since they last shipped a game in 2017 soon after GT Sport and PD is set to release their game in a few months, a year max. It's time to at least show some gameplay. the inengine trailer from last year did nothing for me. i need to see destruction, weather effects and some sick lighting.
- Forza Horizon 5 - Hope this is a next gen only title. its rumored to launch this year so lets hope it has mind blowing graphics.

They do all this and we are good. No need to show off third party games that will come out on ps5. fuck them. you bought yourself a third party publisher, focus on them. just focus on your games.

Too early to tease Fallout 5?

dd50oaj-574420a7-44e6-42a5-b75d-0867f23d8316.png

NullZ3r0

Banned
At the end of the showcase I predict at least one Change.org petition complaining that MS is being anti-competitive by not porting Bethesda games to Playstation.

If Halo Infinite looks good, I will buy an Xbox just for it. Since 343i took the helm, my gaming habits died down - they butchered my favourite franchise of all time and with it, my gaming passion (I still follow though).

Please let if be good, please please.

Very interesting that they branded the showcase as Xbox & Bethesda instead of just Xbox. Could be pure marketing reasons, but just maybe Bethesda will be somewhat autonomous after all, with the limited caveats of all games must be first or better on GP.

It's very clearly messaged that way so people are reminded that Xbox owns Bethesda now, I imagine that distinction will be gone before next E3, they just want the casual gamer that doesn't follow any news to know that Bethesda is now Xbox and keep on shoving it in people's face so the two become synonymous, but if people want to keep dreaming that they won't have to dishonor themselves in the eyes of Sony by buying an Xbox (or playing on PC/xCloud) then that's their right to do so, but that seems like they're setting themselves up for massive disappointment

EDIT: And on topic, I can't wait, while I think 2022 and 2023 will be the "blockbuster can't miss" E3's from Xbox, I think this year's will be the best Xbox E3 in a long time, and honestly just showing Starfield and a good Halo: Infinite demo will be enough to make me happy, everything else will just be a bonus

Last edited:

elliot5

If Halo Infinite looks good, I will buy an Xbox just for it. Since 343i took the helm, my gaming habits died down - they butchered my favourite franchise of all time and with it, my gaming passion (I still follow though).

Please let if be good, please please.
If it makes you feel better it'll be F2P multiplayer so you can try it on PC to see if it's worth your attention (if you have a PC).

mortal

Gold Member
This better be good. I need gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, realtime, realtime, realtime.
I could make due with new reveals running in-engine, but no CGI trailers please.

Brings the goods, Xbox Game Studios!

Last edited:

TheContact

Pretty hype to see what they have to offer. I think Bethesda on this gen is gonna do some crazy shit skin to what Oblivion was to me on the 360 and even Skyrim

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to the showcase. Would have preferred later in the day/early evening but it's all good. 90 minutes of Xbox excellence. Can't freaking wait!!!

Stuart360

i'm so glad this is digital, no more cringe crowd cheers lol
Lol i still love the live conference style of E3 and hope it does come back once Covid bites the dust. But atleast being digital means there wont be pauses for cheering, clapping, etc, and hopefully they can put in an extra game or two in the 90mins!.

Matsuchezz

NT ain't gonna be there so just skip thx

You are probably right, they just unveiled the clouds on that Twitter post the other day. I will wait with the rest of NT fans. I hope the tools are done by now and we can get a glimpse of that 12 TF of powah! with gameplay and not in-engine and CGI trailers.

jhjfss

anyone think the planet in the tweet looks like pluto? I wonder if that tiny little dot is planet earth and a reference to carl sagan's "pale blue dot." There was a bethesda game called 10th planet that was cancelled over 20 years ago. I wonder if starfield took any inspiration from that.
DhwoWZd.jpg

"PC Gamer: Set up the scenario of The 10th Planet. What is the storyline?
Nesmith: The story of The 10th Planet is an alien invasion of our solar system. Without warning and without provocation, a research base on Pluto is annihilated by an alien war fleet. You are the only survivor, escaping in a tiny one-man fighter. As the game progresses, the aliens spread throughout the solar system, attacking human bases and stations, and setting up their own. The player must fight to save Earth, while also trying to discover the alien's mysterious motive. I won't give away the ending, but as you can tell from the game's title, the player discovers that the aliens come from an undiscovered 10th planet in our solar system."

Last edited:

Xenon

Is it just me, or does the cross seperation in the image remind anyone else of the Speechcraft selection in Oblivion?

A return of the mechanic in Starfield perhaps ?

Last edited:
I am cautiously excited for this. Here is what I would like to see:

Realtime trailers for the following games:
- Avowed
- State of Decay 2
- Fable
- Perfect Dark

I am a realist and I know those games are no where close to being ready for gameplay demos, but a year has passed and they should have been working towards a trailer at the very least.

Gameplay:
- Everwild - this has been shown off for well over a year and a half now. it's time to stop teasing and show us what this game is about.
- Hellblade 2 - Same as above. Both of these studios need to put up or shut up. They are both coming off of stinkers and they are both better than that.
- Halo Infinite - Lets see what they got.
- Starfield - Same as above.
Forza 8 - this was in early pre-production last year which is bizarre since they last shipped a game in 2017 soon after GT Sport and PD is set to release their game in a few months, a year max. It's time to at least show some gameplay. the inengine trailer from last year did nothing for me. i need to see destruction, weather effects and some sick lighting.
- Forza Horizon 5 - Hope this is a next gen only title. its rumored to launch this year so lets hope it has mind blowing graphics.

They do all this and we are good. No need to show off third party games that will come out on ps5. fuck them. you bought yourself a third party publisher, focus on them. just focus on your games.

This would be an OK conference, but sadly I don't think we'll see anything of substance from half of it

reksveks

If there is an alpha test of Forza Motorsport happening or starting soon, surely we see some gameplay of that this year.

Varteras

Gold Member
If we don't get at least 8 minutes of Starfield gameplay I'ma be salty.
I really can't imagine there is any reason why they wouldn't have some kind of gameplay reveal ready. Even if it's mostly a mock up of what to expect. If Schreier is right the team started bulking up two years ago after being focused on Fallout 76. They know very well people have been expecting another announcement for this game and Microsoft almost certainly talked with them about having something ready to show when they agreed to an acquisition.

ZehDon

Seeing a few semi-corroborated rumblings of Avowed gameplay at E3 this year.

So, presuming that's actually true, that's gameplay for Starfield, Avowed, and Halo Infinite on the cards. If these land, that's a hell of a showing just on the strength of those three.

I've seen 90 minute conferences with almost nothing worthwhile. I've seen Nintendo Directs with a ton of huge announcements in 25 minutes.

The length of conferences has very little to do with the quantity or quality of the games.
It has everything to do with how much you'll see of each game. Sure you could flash through a hundred games in 25mins but we want extended gameplay. Hour and a half gives us that.

Mr.ODST

All i want is Halo Multiplayer, more Halo Infinite, possible thats a Halo Battle Royale and just more infinite.

give me fucking halo

also looking forward to see what Xbox brings

All i want is Halo Multiplayer, more Halo Infinite, possible thats a Halo Battle Royale and just more infinite.

give me fucking halo

also looking forward to see what Xbox brings
Well going by the promotional pic they are going all in on Halo, I wouldn't be surprised if we get 20mins of just Halo.

Godot25

Banned
90 minutes is the standard for Microsoft, but including Bethesda that would make it kinda short, my guess is that we are not going to see some of the July 2020 games to make space.
Ehh. Nope.
Because standard conference has a fluff, like Keanu with Cyberpunk, and monologues from exces. If you cut it down you get maybe an hour from 90 minutes standard runtime.
But this years conference will be pre-recorded, so it will be more condensed. Last year's Xbox Games Showcase was under an hour and it showed plenty of games and one gameplay demo. So 90 minutes is more than enough.

EDMIX

The show will be focused on games from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and many game creators from our partners around the world.

You’ve told us how excited you are about welcoming Bethesda into the Xbox family, so we know you’re going to want a front-row seat to the Xbox & Bethesda Games showcase – a 90-minute show packed with everything you want to know about the epic gaming lineup coming out of this partnership, the incredible games coming to Xbox this holiday, upcoming releases on Xbox Game Pass, and more.

You’ll be able to watch the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase in a variety of ways. Be sure to visit any of the links below before the show starts:

We miss being able to see our fans and celebrate in person, so we will be hosting a digital Xbox FanFest this year. Sign up as an Xbox FanFest fan at Xbox.com/FanFest to learn more.

Mark your calendars for Sunday, June 13 at 10:00 a.m. PT and we’ll see you there!

YN6ZBvB.jpg

Marking the calendar for this one. I don't care for most of MS titles, but with them doing more new IP, I'm hype to hear more about Avowed, but doubtful it will be shown, but will watch anyway.

Top Bottom