• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Official] Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will be Sunday, June 13 at 10 AM PST

Starfield

90 minutes is the standard for Microsoft, but including Bethesda that would make it kinda short, my guess is that we are not going to see some of the July 2020 games to make space.
they could be focused more on 1st party. afterall they have 23 Studios now, also they wanna show gameplay for some stuff soo

90 minutes is the standard for Microsoft, but including Bethesda that would make it kinda short, my guess is that we are not going to see some of the July 2020 games to make space.
I've seen 90 minute conferences with almost nothing worthwhile. I've seen Nintendo Directs with a ton of huge announcements in 25 minutes.

The length of conferences has very little to do with the quantity or quality of the games.

elliot5

A supposed insider said Avowed should be showing gameplay at E3, so we'll see... hope that's the case. Obsidian tends to work quickly.

Dane

they could be focused more on 1st party. afterall they have 23 Studios now, also they wanna show gameplay for some stuff soo
Yeah perhaps, but considering they also promote heavily third parties, I think they might not show some stuff that is too far away, Hellblade 2 could be definetely be MIA as they were moving to UE5 and gave us snaps of work in progress and records of mocap, my guess is that of the last year, SoD 3, Halo, Fable and Forza could be the ones to be at E3, but one could wonder if they also have ditched the two Forzas for the tomorrow's event instead.

I've seen 90 minute conferences with almost nothing worthwhile. I've seen Nintendo Directs with a ton of huge announcements in 25 minutes.

The length of conferences has very little to do with the quantity or quality of the games.
They don't have long interruptions tbh, so I think they would have to shorten on that or some games are definetely going to be out, and that's considering their last two E3 ran at 97 minutes actually.

Bartski

Gold Member
Drama This Is Gonna Be Good GIF

I expect
Software
Halo Infinite - SP & MP gameplay and new release date
Halo 5 - MCC Preview
Tunic - Release Date / Gameplay
Psyconauts 2 - Release Date / Gameplay
The Gunk - Release Date / Gameplay
Scorn - Release Date / Gameplay
The Ascent - Release Date / Gameplay
Crossfire X - Release Date / Gameplay
Bright Memory Infinite - Release Date / Gameplay
Shredders - Release Date / Gameplay

Previews
Exo One - Trailer
Fable 4 - Trailer
Forza - Impressive Gameplay for either Horizon or Next Sequel
Halo TV Show - Trailer
Starfield - Trailer
Xbox Dashboard 2022 - Preview updated with newest 21H2 fluent design / rounded corners and so on
Senua's Saga : Hellblade II - In-Engine Story Trailer

Third Party
Battlefield 6 - Trailer / Gamepass Announcement

Hardware
Xbox Series C - Cloud Stick
Gamepass / xCloud - Samsung TV App
This is my previous prediction, but I'll post it here for good measure.

If starfield is both exclusive and really compelling I'll have to bite and cop a Series S. Been craving a modern space based rpg.
Cop the Series S now. Why wait. Its a fantastic little console. I give mine kisses every night before I go to bed.

I hope Starfield is a realistic take on space travel. Kind of like Interstellar. If it is whoo boy, I'm there day one.

Last edited:

Yoboman

MS and Bethesda conferences (especially Bethesda) often get bloated up with speakers nobody wants to hear from and even shitty musical acts

Hopefully they don’t have any of that if they have enough games to show. I especially have no interest in Todd Howard on stage for 20 minutes spewing lies, if MS are smart he is nowhere near the stage

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
Kinda wish it were two hours. When you consider FPS Boost/GamePass announcements, Phil talking about Xbox being stronger than ever for the first 10 minutes, and Halo Infinite campaign footage, it doesn’t leave a lot of time for everything else. Hopefully they have a packed show.
They probably keep it 1h30 because it’s the ideal length for a show/movie etc. But yeah hopefully not too much talk from Based Phil.

nikolino840

Last year they have showed some indies in the pre show of the summer game fest..was last year? Well i don't remember when :D

Stuart360

Very interesting that they branded the showcase as Xbox & Bethesda instead of just Xbox. Could be pure marketing reasons, but just maybe Bethesda will be somewhat autonomous after all, with the limited caveats of all games must be first or better on GP.
Or it could simply be that Bethesda themselves always had their own E3 conference, but now they are with Xbox. Crazy i know.

splattered

Naming Bethesda separately will definitely bring a bigger crowd, everyone will tune in to see what's coming from Bethesda when they may have not bothered watching Xbox's shows in the past. I think it's smart marketing and eventually the two will probably just fold together for future shows.

Very interesting that it's the Xbox & Bethesda showcase. But very smart. Great way to tie Bethesda with Xbox for those who don't follow gaming news that much. Eventually Bethesda, and it's franchises, will be synonymous with the Xbox name. I'm really liking that promo! Definitely seeing some Starfield in there some where LOL I don't see how this could be anything but a jam packed show.

Very interesting that they branded the showcase as Xbox & Bethesda instead of just Xbox. Could be pure marketing reasons, but just maybe Bethesda will be somewhat autonomous after all, with the limited caveats of all games must be first or better on GP.
Either that or Bethesda’s name holds some weight as a heavy hitter and it’s a phased marketing plan to slowly ease the Bethesda name out of there. It’s still only the first year of Microsoft owning them and they used to be a gigantic well-known publisher and there are still old multi-platform deals in place and we all know Sony and Nintendo don’t want “Xbox Game Studios” floating around on any intros.

The armor mods on the Halo half of the image are very Halo Reach-Like, I love it.

Last edited:

elliot5

Either that or Bethesda’s name holds some weight as a heavy hitter and it’s a phased marketing plan to slowly ease the Bethesda name out of there. It’s still only the first year of Microsoft owning them and they used to be a gigantic well-known publisher and there are still old multi-platform deals in place and we all know Sony and Nintendo don’t want “Xbox Game Studios” floating around on any intros.

The armor mods on the Halo half of the image are very Halo Reach-Like, I love it.
I think back in Feb or March I mentioned to my cousin he'll need an Xbox to play the next Fallout and he was confused because he hadn't heard about the Bethesda deal yet. It's def targeted at folks like him that don't know yet.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I think back in Feb or March I mentioned to my cousin he'll need an Xbox to play the next Fallout and he was confused because he hadn't heard about the Bethesda deal yet. It's def targeted at folks like him that don't know yet.
Bethesda also just has a strong brand name that I think Xbox should never drop. Could you imagine if Sony acquired Square Enix and dropped that brand name?

Stuart360

You are crazy.

The market is flooded with BR games. There's really no need for more.
DrDisrespect constantly talks about Halo Infinite and its BR possibilities. He's just assuming it will have a BR mode,and i bet he's not the only one.
BR isnt my thing, but i feel it would be a bit of a waste to not have Halo BR.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
DrDisrespect constantly talks about Halo Infinite and its BR possibilities. He's just assuming it will have a BR mode,and i bet he's not the only one.
BR isnt my thing, but i feel it would be a bit of a waste to not have Halo BR.
You are probably right.
I'm just salty over seeing my favorite genre gets destroyed by that garbage gamemode

Top Bottom