• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Official Playstation blog] We invite PC players to join us when Horizon Frobidden West comes for Playstation 5

Life

Insane talk. Consoles should have died. Lmao stop smoking.

People pay good money for "next gen" hardware/consoles that have been running games at 30 FPS (max) for decades - and embarrassingly some big titles can't even reach that. Not to mention subscription fees to play online - which long-term means gaming on console is ultimately more expensive. You tell me who's smoking.

Last edited:

Senhua

The reason I mainly play on PC because of :
1. Tons of Emulator from arcade to ps3/3ds Era
2. Modding
2. Abundant choice of strategy exclusive (most of) games (GS/4X/TBS etc)
3. Abundant choice of China/Japan indie exclusive (most of) games (I love ancient China/Japan/Korea settings)
4. Free online
5. Japanese made AAA games (Capcom/Bamco/SE/etc)

So far Sony only provide :
1. AAA first party cinematics story driven 3rd person games
2. "Exclusive" third party Japanese games (This correlate to my number 5 reason above)
3. ....

So unless Sony find the way to make PS5 magically can play Arcade/Genesis/Mastersystem/SegaCD/Tubographx/PC98 etc and invest heavily for strategy exclusive games, I fail to see what I should buy PS5, Switch 2, and XBOX SX.

Deto

Banned
I'm going to say this slowly and clearly: Sony will be able to count on one hand the number of PC players that will play this port, and as a direct result, purchase a PS5.

so they will be without even games ported for advertising.

Sony doesn't need you.
You need Sony to run GOTYs, Or wait until 2030 for the shitty PS4 emulator...

when Demons Souls started running on the emulator, Ramake announced that he humiliates the "master wait" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

polka22

So disappointed. The damn game keeps crashing with a 2070 Super. I have all of my drives updated. Really pissed.

Wonko_C

I think they'll be waiting a long time (probably forever). This looks to be a on-off advertising ploy toward PC players for PS5.

When they see they won't be able to play at more than 30fps they'll decide they'd rather just stick with PC and miss out on the sequel, so it probably won't work out how Sony expects. 😂

People really think Sony cares for the $35 per sale to really invest that much on a port?....when not even Valve releases blockbuster exclusives for PC gamers anymore.... please.

Uhhh...

qZJmD0k.jpg

Last edited:

daninthemix

Sony doesn't need you.

when Demons Souls started running on the emulator, Ramake announced that he humiliates the "master wait" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm so sorry that you're enslaved to Sony and in worship of them.

Perhaps find a human being to connect with instead?

GrayChild

Gold Member
You need Sony to run GOTYs

I don't need Sony to run Nier: Automata, RDR2, Half-Life: Alyx, RE2, Sekiro or Cyberpunk. All of which run much better than on their under-powered hardware.

I also won't need it for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Hellblade 2 and others.

Last edited:
I don't need Sony to run Nier: Automata, RDR2, Half-Life: Alyx, RE2, Sekiro or Cyberpunk. All of which run much better than on their under-powered hardware.

I also won't need it for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Hellblade 2 and others.

NieR: Automata is a pretty problematic PC port, could probably use a better example. RDR 2 as well.

Rea

I have PC, PS4 Pro and Xbox. No tears were shed. Certainly not over mediocre Horizon. Bloodborne at least would benefit from better frame rate.
Why are you crying? HZ is one of the best open world game in the industry, if you dont like the game, doesn't mean others don't. The reason sony release HZ is to bait PC gamers to get PS5 for Sequel HZ:FW. Simple as that.

Nemesisuuu

Why are you crying? HZ is one of the best open world game in the industry, if you dont like the game, doesn't mean others don't. The reason sony release HZ is to bait PC gamers to get PS5 for Sequel HZ:FW. Simple as that.
Yes, I couldn't get any sleep last night cause of games, I cried myself to sleep. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Come on, Horizon is good, but it's not something special like people like to make out from it.

fermcr

All I have to say is that Horizon for PC is one big pile of crap. Don't they test their games before releasing them?

If that's a incentive to purchase Horizon 2 for PS5, it's not a very good one.

TriSuit666

Banned

Sony doesn't need you.

A PC PS4 emulator already exists, jerkwad.

Damn, that is blatant AF. No shame in their game, huh?

Stone balls. Those are big stone balls. A bit tasteless for me, but I can respect the bravado.

Also for whatever reason this is tickling my nostalgia bone, it's some straight up '90s game magazine kind of marketing and I actually like that xD.

Yea that’s not going to happen. Sony need to learn that PC players are not remotely interested in console games and giving them a good game that they can’t brag about destroying its console counterpart is not helping their cause.

What about the console ports selling extremely well on PC storefronts right now though, such as Steam?

Seems to contradict your point.

Last edited:

Banned
Craig master race right here. :pie_roffles:

*multi platform master race (imagine not playing on every system lol, scrubs!)

also what I said is true, no PC only gamer will get a PS5 for such a mediocre game at 30fps and controller aiming.
PC only players play PC only because they want 60fps+ and a mouse to aim.
you can't convince them to get a system that is at least 500€ to play the sequel to what is essentially a Ubisoft game if Ubisoft made a self parody about their last gen open world games, running at 30fps and no option to play with mouse and keyboard

and they also completely fucked up the port as well, which doesn't help.

Last edited:

Rikoi

I expect you not using any apple products. Ever..
No, I never bought an Apple product.
Been laughing my ass off for over 10 years checking their prices compared to what they offer you.
And people actually buy them, because of course a bitten apple is cool.

Last edited:

Tomeru

We're PC players, not PlayStation players. Take your invite and fuck off.

Why though?

Damn, that is blatant AF. No shame in their game, huh?

Stone balls. Those are big stone balls. A bit tasteless for me, but I can respect the bravado.

What did they say to warrent such a response? Shame? The only ones who should be ashamed are warriors, who act like they are poacing players. Lmao.

Last edited:

SrBelmont

Neo Member
No, I never bought an Apple product.
Been laughing my ass off for over 10 years checking their prices compared to what they offer you.
And people actually buy them, because of course a bitten apple is cool.

I think you're oversimplifying. But anyway, if at least you have that thought it seems to me more consistent in criticizing Sony for being closed and rejecting its consoles and games. And that was my intention to talk about apple. But to be clear, I don't agree with that idea. I see value in many Apple products as well as Sony. To the point that giving up that today would not give me an alternative for me.

Hezekiah

Banned
So far Sony only provide :
1. AAA first party cinematics story driven 3rd person games
2. "Exclusive" third party Japanese games (This correlate to my number 5 reason above)
3. ....
Yes if you pretend Gran Turismo, LBP, Dreams, Persona, Killzone, MLB, etc and the numerous exclusive indie games for which you can't find emulators don't exist, it definitely makes more sense to have a PC and a XSX.

Senhua

Yes if you pretend Gran Turismo, LBP, Dreams, Persona, Killzone, MLB, etc and the numerous exclusive indie games for which you can't find emulators don't exist, it definitely makes more sense to have a PC and a XSX.
I don't even care about XBOX
Sometimes I still care about PS because that still have several AAA Japan exclusive I love to try but If I must to pay $500-600 in order to access it without point 1-4 (check my original post) availability, nah
I don't care about all the games you stated above, that's not the reason why I do gaming in PC (read again my original post).
Can PS5 play 1985-2013 retro games outside of Sony's one or not?
Can PS5 play Total War Three Kingdoms/Shadow Empire/Distant Worlds/Modded Crusader Kings and EUIV?
Can PS5 play old KOEI strategy games like Taikou Rissiden or Ishin No Arashi or Royal Blood II or Suikoden Tenmei No Chikai?
no?
Then FUCK OFF and came back when PS5 or whatever one who can do ALL of that above beside PC available.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
To me it's also about game preservation. Having a PC port ensures the game is playable down the line regardless of what the console providers decide.

And maybe today you need a gaming pc to play current games, but in a couple of years they will run on toasters or even office laptops.
If games like MGS4, Ninja Garden Black, Silent Hill Downpour, Condemned 2, VF5,Army of 2, Black and many many more had a PC port we would be enjoying them at 4k 60 fps on toasters instead of playing them at subpart performance in old consoles that are prone to failure.

Gaming enthusiasts should care about preservation just like music and film nuts care. But they much rather spend time with their console wars.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Sometimes I still care about PS because that still have several AAA Japan exclusive I love to try but If I must to pay $500-600 in order to access it without point 1-4 (check my original post) availability, nah
I don't care about all the games you stated above, that's not the reason why I do gaming in PC (read again my original post).
Can PS5 play Total War Three Kingdoms/Shadow Empire/Distant Worlds/Modded Crusader Kings and EUIV?
Can PS5 play old KOEI strategy games like Taikou Rissiden or Ishin No Arashi or Royal Blood II or Suikoden Tenmei No Chikai?
no?
Then FUCK OFF and came back when PS5 or whatever one who can do ALL of that above beside PC available.

These are among the best gaming experiences I had this year so far: playing an English patched version of Policenauts and the Sega CD version of Snatcher. No modern console will give you that. Console warriors don't see the big picture. If you really care about the hobby, nothing beats the PC as a place to play.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
no?
I love my gaming PC and it offers, but all that isn't going to happen because console-makers aren't going to cater to the 1% by focusing on old, niche games. Regardless there's much more to the PlayStation platform than third-person "cinematic games". And in terms of the overlap between the PC market and the expanding console market, while still different, it's now the closest it's ever been.

Top Bottom