• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF E3 2006 Thread (initial post updated regularly)

Striek

tsp_gatmog said:
Funny, I just rewatched the Sony 2005 Press Conference, and while there lots of slides, there was an equal or greater ammount of videos, tech demos, and interviews and shit.
Yeah, no kidding. The Sony press conference was far from boring. It was the best hands down last year.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I don't suppose you guys can provide spoiler-free links to the Press Conferencne torrents???

sharukins

Banned
Ok someone on my msn told me something very interesting. Rockstar does NOT have an E3 booth and the only location they will be at the Microsoft booth showing off Table Tennis. He thinks because of these 2 things + Rockstar not announcing GTA yet that MS might have bought the GTA franchise from Take2/Rockstar

Amir0x

Banned
sharukins said:
Ok someone on my msn told me something very interesting. Rockstar does NOT have an E3 booth and the only location they will be at the Microsoft booth showing off Table Tennis. He thinks because of these 2 things + Rockstar not announcing GTA yet that MS might have bought the GTA franchise from Take2/Rockstar

I wouldn't expect GTA either, but the Table Tennis thing means nothing.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x should get a fucking award for this thread. You just saved me countless hours of reading but just missed saving me from making a dumbass thread :D

thank you Amir0x.

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:
Amir0x should get a fucking award for this thread. You just saved me countless hours of reading but just missed saving me from making a dumbass thread :D

thank you Amir0x.

You're welcome. I will be updating at least two times PER DAY throughout the whole of E3, so if you missed a day just check the first post.

ant1532 said:

thank you Amir0x.

I'm going to have to agree. I couldn't have created a better updated set of info.

so are the mods going to disable avatars and/or boot junior members and lurkers for this e3 in an attempt to keep the servers running smoothly?

Call of Duty 3 CG Trailer is out. Unfortunately, the game is developed by Treyarch. Ah well, can't win it all.

This is bullshit. COD:BR1 was a good game. And like I said in another thread, up until IW got off their asses and fixed their broken online multiplayer, BR1 stomped all over it. Still bests COD2 in the 16 player department.

Amir0x

Banned
Eel O'Brian said:
This is bullshit. COD:BR1 was a good game. And like I said in another thread, up until IW got off their asses and fixed their broken online multiplayer, BR1 stomped all over it.

gotta disagree, man!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just a small thing, i don't know if it's been posted already or not,

Jack Tretton when comparing to the half-dozen 360 games that were playable last year, says that there'll be more than that this year on PS3.

The article says Nintendo will have over 20 Wii titles available on the showfloor. It seems they might be playable, because it talks about Nintendo scheduling hands-on time with attendees (though that may also suggest they're not all openly on the showfloor).

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/08/technology/08expo.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Shakes fist in air!

Its Monday 12 p.m. in my part of the world. E3 2006 is here bitches!:) :)

e3wii.jpg

Credit for this image goes to Poppin Fresh.

bengraven

Amir0x said:
gotta disagree, man!

And I'm with you on this one. The multiplayer on CoD2 was busted, but single player was SO fucking good that it crushed every mode in BR1. And as bad as CoD2's multi was, I can't get my friends to stop playing that it on Live, even when I'm dangling Halo 2 in their faces.

ne1

Amir0x said:
You're welcome. I will be updating at least two times PER DAY throughout the whole of E3, so if you missed a day just check the first post.

Awsome Amir0x, many thanks for your great work.

BuddyC

MikeHaggar said:
so are the mods going to disable avatars and/or boot junior members and lurkers for this e3 in an attempt to keep the servers running smoothly?
Don't you worry, we've got it under control, no one's going to get booted.

sharukins

Banned
gofreak said:
Just a small thing, i don't know if it's been posted already or not,

Jack Tretton when comparing to the half-dozen 360 games that were playable last year, says that there'll be more than that this year on PS3.

The article says Nintendo will have over 20 Wii titles available on the showfloor. It seems they might be playable, because it talks about Nintendo scheduling hands-on time with attendees (though that may also suggest they're not all openly on the showfloor).

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/08/technology/08expo.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

yeah , because by now PS3 has final cell and rsx in dev kits while in 2005 X360 dev kits at e3 were running on a g5 2.4 ghz and a x800 ati gpu.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sharukins said:
yeah , because by now PS3 has final cell and rsx in dev kits while in 2005 X360 dev kits at e3 were running on a g5 2.4 ghz and a x800 ati gpu.

It's just an indicator of how many playable titles will be there (i.e. >6), not a potshot at 360. I certainly wouldn't read it that way.

Danj

SuperSonic1305 said:
Where can we watch the Square Enix conference?

Yeah, I'd like to know that too, because I just realised it's on in about two hours' time but Gamespot don't look as if they're covering it.

Rahul

Amirox, can you change the links in your first post to be something longer than the letter "I"? It's reaaaaally annoying to click a 1-2 pixel wide area of space. Especially while fapping with one hand.

Amir0x

Banned
Rahul said:
Amirox, can you change the links in your first post to be something longer than the letter "I"? It's reaaaaally annoying to click a 1-2 pixel wide area of space. Especially while fapping with one hand.

hahahaha. it's for formatting purposes, sorry man :p

VALIS

Great work, Amir0x. I'm gonna be checking the first post in this thread a lot.

One thing would make this even more useful, think you could put a day/time stamp on each line of news when you update? Such as:

- Square-Enix announces Final Fantasy XIIIIIII for the PS3 and 360. (L, I) [Mon 5:15]

That way when we check this thread multiple times in one day, we can just scan the time stamps to catch up on what we've missed since last checking. That would kick very much ass.

chrismatthews36.jpg

GAF:"will the servers hold for E3? Are you going to kill the OT?"

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Evilore:"Don't worry everything is OK, the OT will stay up! Our servers are more then capable"

captxdg13807011948iraq_saddam_xdg138.jpg

Offtopic:"No Wai your lying"

_1024713_laughing300.jpg

GAF:"Yeah right OK, this server is gonna explode"

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Evilore:"No, really you can trust me"

satan.jpg

Square-enix:"AHAHHAAH FUCK YOUR SERVERS"

gaf_server_exp.png

Amir0x

Banned
VALIS said:
Great work, Amir0x. I'm gonna be checking the first post in this thread a lot.

One thing would make this even more useful, think you could put a day/time stamp on each line of news when you update? Such as:

- Square-Enix announces Final Fantasy XIIIIIII for the PS3 and 360. (L, I) [Mon 5:15]

That way when we check this thread multiple times in one day, we can just scan the time stamps to catch up on what we've missed since last checking. That would kick very much ass.

Yeah, I think maybe I'll start doing that.

Although, FFXIII is only for PS3 ;)

The torrents are down. I'm moving them to a dedicated server (soon).

titaniumtorrents.com got over 100,000 page hits yesterday

edi: back up but kinda slow.

500,000 page hits =0

We've moved about 1.4 TB had my host not died I could have done more :)

Top Bottom