• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF E3 2006 Thread (initial post updated regularly)

Amir0x

Banned
E32006Summary.jpg

NeoGAF E3 2006 Thread

This is the E3. The cock teasing will be held to a minimum. PS3 and Wii will have playables (although PS3 might be more 'behind closed doors' than we think), and 360 is gonna be hitting its stride. Surprise games will be announced, anticipated titles will be played, and fanboys around the world will all have something to cry about.

And likely, Mother 3 still won't be getting localized. But nevermind that... this is the real deal. E3 APPROACHES.

One final note: If you're interested in visiting the official E3 websites of each respective company, have a click -

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft

Conferences

Note: All times are PST, I believe

Monday, May 8th

Sony
4:00pm
Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City

Square Enix
1:00 - 2:30 PM, with reception beginning at 11:30 AM

Tuesday, May 9th

Nintendo
Lobby Opens @ 8:30am
Show begins @ 9:30am
Kodak Theater, Hollywood/Highland

Microsoft
11:30am
Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood/highland
Breakout sessions at Roosevelt Hotel 1pm

Konami
Check in begins at 3:30 PM

e32006.php

~ Thanks to Sander ~

E3 SUMMARY

This is for all the news leading up to and including E3. It should be pretty comprehensive when all is said and done. So if you've got school or work or whatever and you miss out on a days worth of news, just pop your head in at this first post and generally it should be updated. I'll try to do it a few times per day.

I would also like to thank Namakoteam for making the job of collecting data on various news stories much easier. It's also an awesome resource for E3, so if you think this is not comprehensive enough check out the link.

Note: Some of these images are scans hosted on imagevenue. So, by the time E3 is all over and everyone has had their fill... some of these links won't work anymore. I apologize in advance for this, I really don't have any better place to host them and neither does neo. Speaking of neo... most of the famitsu scans come from him, so be sure to thank him.

KEY:

L = Link to an article
I = Image
B = Boxart
A = Artwork
P = Press release
V = Video
W = Official website link

Company Announcements

● Microsoft revealed that there will be a lot of new content for XBL during E3 week. Highlights of the week will include a High-Def trailer for Epic's Gears of War, and a playable demo of Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions. A number of Game with Fame events will also be held, as well as the addition of UNO to Xbox Live Arcade. Check out full details at the link. (L)
● Microsoft announces that it has officially purchased in-game advertising firm Massive Incorporated. They make money by slapping ads onto in-game objects like vending machines, billboards and TV screens. This is a particularly strategic move on Microsoft's part. (L)
● MGM and EON Grant Activision Rights to James Bond Video Game License through 2014. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will obtain the worldwide rights to create video games for all current and next-generation consoles, PC and hand-held platforms. (P)
● DS Lite finally gets a release date for the US market. It will be available on June 11th for the stately price of $129. Polar white only, for you color whores. (P)
● Nintendo's latest system, codenamed "Revolution" has officially been renamed the "Wii." Yes, I could not possibly make that up. Check out all the media for the reasons behind this name change. (W, L, I, V)
● D3Publisher of America has secured the rights to create games based on the Vertigo Comics series 100 Bullets. The first game using this license is currently planned for release in the third quarter of 2007. (L)
● Sigil Games Online and Sony Online Entertainment LLC today announced that Sigil is working with Microsoft Game Studios on an arrangement to aquire the rights to its highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. This has resulted in a tentative agreement for Vanguard to be co-published by Sigil and SOE. (P)
● Yuji Naka, famous for his time at SEGA, has officially left and found a new company called Prope. The capital of the company is 10 million yens - 10% provided from SEGA. (W, L, P)
● Microsoft officially announces details on its HD-DVD add-on for 360. The new accessory will connect to the system with a USB cable. (L)
● Sony today announced that PS3 will launch on November 11, 2006 in Japan in Clear black. A worldwide launch is still on. The PS3 will come with a 20gb, no-HDMI/no cardreader/no Wifi SKU for $499.99. It will also have a 60gb non-gimped PS3 sku for $599.99. The PS3 controller will have six-sense directional control as well, aka gyros for the wiimote crowd. (P, P, I)
● Activision announces that it is set to aquire video game publisher RedOctane and its highly popular Guitar Hero franchise. "Our acquisition of RedOctane perfectly aligns with Activision's strategy to broaden its portfolio by entering new genres that have strong global appeal," said Ron Doornink. (P)
● Nintendo reveals the last secret for the wiimote - it has a speaker in it. Yeah, it makes sound effects. The square audio outlet is used to deliver "in-your-hand" aural immersion. Since the right-hand Wii-mote is used for direct interaction with objects in the games, Nintendo included the controller speaker to give players direct audio feedback pertaining to do those objects. (L)
● Microsoft unveiled a new wireless steering wheel, headset and game receiver. You can check out all the details at the link. (L, I, I, I)
● Atari, Inc. has claimed online and handheld rights to the Earthworm Jim video game series. The Company is planning to develop a range of video games over the next five years for next-generation handheld and online systems. It'll be 3D with sidescrolling gameplay. Jim continues his fight against the Queen and her allies, while his love for Princess-What's-Her-Name grows, and his ever-lasting friendship with Peter Puppy is still a key element in his life. (L)

PlayStation 2

● SEGA announces World Pool Championship 2007 for PS2. (P, I, I)
● SEGA announces SEGA RALLY™ REVO for PS2. (P)
● Atlus opens its official Persona 3 website. Also, check out the latest media. (W, I, I, I)
● Battlestadium D.O.N. (Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto) fighting game announced for PS2. (I)
● Suda51 along with Grasshopper are developing Blood+ One Night Kiss. (L, L, I, I)
● Rogue Galaxy is officially announced for US release, including several improvements like a new planet and item-based chain attacks. Slated for release this October. (L)
● Tales of Abyss is finally getting localized. Namco Bandai promises exclusive content for the US release in the fall of this year. Better designed dungeons and no lame racist subplots ftw! (L)
● Buena Vista Games announces Lumines Plus for PS2. It is a new version of the original game that came out for PSP. (L)
● Yakuza is shown in an English trailer for the first time. Looks pretty bad ass, I think. (V)
● Check out the latest images from Brave Story on PS2. Neat I guess. (L, I)
● Tecmo announces Tokobot Adventure. It's an enhanced version of the PSP platformer, where you play as Bolt, a quick-thinking 16 year old agent, and round up the Tokobots, the little robots that help you on your journey. (L, I, I)
● The latest images from .Hack G/U Volume 1 are here, and I gotta say... it's pretty nice for a PS2 game. Seems much better than previous Hack games. (I, I, I)
● Check out the latest screens from the PS2 version of LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. (L, I: 1, 2, 3)
● Ape Escape: Million Monkeys, the latest in the semi-popular Simian Catchin' series, transports your character into the real world. Visit locations in Japan and more. Check out the latest media at the links. (I:, 1, 2, 3, V)
● THQ officially reveals The Sopranos, based on HBO's hit crime drama. Developed at 7 Studios - of Fantastic Four fame *huck* - it will be released this fall. David Chase supervised the script writing for the game. (L)
● SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS - Combined Assault is previewed by IGN PS2. It's packed with an entirely new campaign, new vehicles, weapons and multiplayer maps. The biggest new addition is the ability to play the entire campaign cooperatively online w/ up to 4 players. (L, I, I, V)
● God of War II, sequel to the ultra-violent smash hit action game from 2005, follows Kratos on his journey to the ends of the world in order to seek out the Sisters of Fate. Hands-on impressions are very positive. (L, I, I, V)
● THQ announces BRATZ: Forever Diamondz for PS2. It will be based on the new Forever Diamondz fashion doll line, as well as a new DVD feature movie that is scheduled to launch at retail later this year. You can adopt a pet to train, dress, accessorize and showcase it in competition. Also, go figureskating! (P)
● IGN previews Guitar Hero 2 exclusively for PS2. Practice mode will allow you to slow down whatever you're practicing. Players share star power, health, score, and streak in co-op mode, so if one player screws up it affects you both. (L, I, I, V)
● Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have announced plans for a beta test program to test out an Online PlayStation 2 version of Gran Turismo 4. Polyphony will select 5000 Japan-based gamers to put the so-called "Gran Turismo 4 Online Test Version" through the paces. (L)

PlayStation 3

● SEGA today announced Virtua Fighter 5 exclusively for PS3. Due for release in Spring 2007, the game will support 720p resolution and sport more than 15 characters. (L, I, I, P)
● SEGA announces Virtua Tennis 3™. Includes a new improved Career mode and Player creation mode. Due for release Spring 2007. (P, I)
● SEGA announces SEGA RALLY™ REVO for PS3. (P)
● SEGA announces Full Auto 2: Battlelines exclusively for PS3. On top of the features from the original game, it includes a new Arena mode that has team play and six different levels. Sabotage PS3 underway. (P, L, I, I, I)
● SEGA in conjuntion with Bizarre Creations announces THE CLUB, a third person action shooter. The Club is a loosely organized and highly illegal underground entity where criminals are paid huge amounts to have gunfights. The Club will hit NA and Europe in 2007 on "next-gen consoles." (L, A, A)
● PlayLogic International announces Infernal, a third person action game for PS3. The "hero" is Ryan Lennox, a man with two personalities. Apparently he comes from hell, and will be able to transform into a demon. (L, L, I, I, I)
● Namco reveals Ridge Racer 7 in Famitsu. The main mode of play will offer more than 160 races, with at least 200,000 different car combinations. Also building upon RR6 online mode, it will feature 14 players and co-op. (L, I: 1, 2, 3)
● Tekken 6 is the name of the latest Tekken offering on PS3. You can take a look at it in the video if you like... but be warned, this shit is UGLY. (L, V)
● Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway is looking gorgeous. Check out the media at the link. (V)
● Ubisoft revealed that the game formerly known as Project Assassins will now be called Assassin's Creed. (L, W, V, V, P, I, I)
● EA announces Army of Two for PS3. In development at EA's boutique production house in Montréal, Canada, they claim it will "redefine strategic two man co-op play." The title puts gamers in scenarios "taken from current day headlines." (L)
● Fatal Inertia, Koei's PS3 futuristic racing game, is not looking so hot. Check out the media and interview if you're interested. (L, I, I, I)
● Alone in the Dark is looking pretty damn nice. Also love the concept of being in a fully modeled Central Park, accurate down to 50cm. Bring this franchise from the brink! (V)
● Untold Legends PS3 makes another appearance. With 50% less boxguy, and 50% more video! (V)
● Pandemic officially announces Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. It's being built from the ground up for "next-gen technology" on PS3. Destruction is definitely an even bigger factor in this game. (L, P, A, W, P, A)
● Tony Hawk Project 8 is supposedly what Activision really wanted to do with the TH franchise before it quickly up-ported American Wasteland. Well, they seem to have done a nice job. (L, I, V)
● Turok 3 is revealed. Developed by Propaganda Games, they are attempting to recapture a feel closer to the N64 original. A demo will be playable behind closed doors at E3. (L, I, I, I)
● Sonic the Hedgehog is slowly improving. Now sportin' a slick 60fps according to IGN, it focuses on the speed, control and wild aerial jumps that made the Genesis games so memorable. (L, L, I, I, I)
● First media for Colin McRae Rally is out. Scheduled for release in 2007, Codemasters Studios' plan is to totally reinvigorate the McRae experience. (I, I)
● Heavenly Sword, one of PS3's most promising fledgling franchises, is looking really special if these latest images are anything to go by. Ninja Theory workin' that clock. (I)
● Call of Duty 3 CG Trailer is out. Unfortunately, the game is developed by Treyarch. Ah well, can't win it all. (V)
● Quantic Dreams, the makers of the cult classic Indigo Prophecy, announces Heavy Rain for PS3. Not much is known atm, but it's a "sequel to a certain, underrated adventure title." (I, L)
● Free Radical announces Haze for PS3. Governments have outsourced military operations to private multinational corporations. As Jake Carpenter, a newly enlisted soldier in the Mantel army, you are seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause. (W, I, I, I)
● In a reel of first party games, Sony revealed a game called Afrika. Although the impressive graphics were easy to see, details on the game were quite a bit harder to make out. The video featured a bunch of highly detailed animals in an african savannah, going about their daily activity. And that was it. (V)
● Also a part of their first party game reel, Sony showed off a game called Monster Kingdom. There's not many details on it... we see a weird guy with glasses, and he turns into an evil guy with no glasses.
● Resistance: Fall of Man, Insomniac's dream game, showed up to the party. Well, if you could call it a party. Check out the latest images. (L, I, I)
● Sony showcased Gran Turismo HD, which was essentially just GT4 rendered at 1080p resolution. It's nice and all, but it's not a PS3 game in the remotest sense. (L, I, I, I)
● You've all seen the CG version of Motorstorm from E3 2005, now check out it looks in real-time. I'd say it's a significant downgrade, but check it out. (L, I, I, I)
● It's probably buried beneath all the feet of the rampaging crying Sony fans, but Formula 1 is holding up nicely. Not quite as nice as before, but still pretty impressive. (L, I, I, I)
● I thought Singstar was only a Europe thing, so why do they keep showing it at American conferences? Well anyway, not much details on the title... but it'll have comprehensive online features and will apparently be quite robust. Check out the images. (L, I, I, I)
● Sony demoed the PSOne emulation on PSP. The first game they showed was Ridge Racer, and it seemed to run well enough.
● Sony showcased a new game from Naughty Dog, currently Untitled. It featured a man running through a jungle and dodging various things. (L, I, I, I)
● Sony also showed a new game, from which the desert car and gas station tech demos were based on, called Eight Days. It looked really nice, except it was probably all CG. (V)
● Heavenly Sword, the God of War-like action game from Ninja Theory, is looking spectacular. Even better in motion! While you're waiting for the video, check out the latest media. (L, I, I, I)
● Warhawk also made an appearance. You can see what it's like at the links, but not much has changed from GDC. (L, I, I, I)
● Square Enix announces Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusively for PS3. It's being created by the team behind Kingdom Hearts 2 and will be an "extreme action game" that serves as a direct sequel to FFXIII. (L, I, I)
● Genji 2, Game Republic's Samurai action game, is coming to PS3. We already knew that, but, take a look at the new images. The link has tons more. (L, I, I, I)
● Richard Marks, the creator of the EyeToy, showed off his latest game idea, called Eye of Judgement. By placing a card down on a small sensor mat, you a 3D image of a monster or a item would appear. If you moved your card, the the image would also move alongside it. (L)
● Square Enix announces Final Fantasy XIII exclusively for PS3. The game features a female protagonist, who is seen flipping and flying around a city. The trailer was "entirely retail except for a short sequence of rendered footage showing a train." The game runs on the "White Engine", an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future. (L, I, I, I, V)
● Konami showed off a short teaser of its latest and greatest, Metal Gear Solid 4. It looked amazing - Old snake is still old, Raiden is a badass Ninja, Naomi, Campbell, etc... all sorts of nice cameos and spectacular events! (V)
● We also saw a quick video of Factor 5's Lair, which looked spectacular. Dragons flying around and shit, very highly detailed stuff. Hopefully we'll hear more about it as the weeks progress.
● For you Madden fans, DMC dropped some of the first images of Madden NFL 2007 for PS3. Grass is exclusive in this version! It's only 30% complete, and according to EA they have a PS3 specific team to include "special features", but who knows what those will be! (I, I, I)
● Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV for PS3. Developed by Rockstar North, not much is known except it'll be available October 2007 simultaneously for 360 and the PS3. (W, P)
● GameTrailers showed off an exclusive PS3 trailer for Spider-Man 3. Looks a bit tech-demoish, but hell it's a new video. Watch it. (V)
● Stranglehold, a continuation of the story from John Woo's influential Hard Boiled movie, is looking very impressive. Experience a world only previously seen in movies as you control incredible gun battles and dramatic slow motion in Tequila Time™. Carve a unique path of massive destruction and use the environment as a weapon against enemies. (V, V, I, I, I)
● SEGA announces Golden Axe for PS3. Golden Axe delivers action-RPG thrills as a small band of Riders embark on an epic adventure to recruit allies, expose the enemy and prevent the annihilation of their breed. Delivering an intense and unique combat experience, players charge into battle on the backs of ferocious beasts or take their chances with the enemy while on foot. (P)
● Atari confirmed again what it had already confirmed at TGS 2005... that Alone in the Dark is also coming to the PS3. It's very odd that this was the first platform it was announced for, and then it became a 360 thing, and now it's back to both. What a road! Thanks to gamefront.

PlayStation Portable

● SEGA announces World Pool Challenge 2007 for PSP. (P)
● SEGA announces SEGA RALLY™ REVO for PSP. (P)
● SEGA announces Sonic Rivals for PSP. Built from the ground-up, the engine allows gamers to rip through tracks in some high-spirited single player and wireless multiplayer action against friends as Sonic returns in a whole new racing-platformer with classic 2D gameplay in true 3D environments for gamers on the go. (P, I, I, I)
● Killzone: Liberation is revealed more in-depth at IGN, including multiplayer details ("fun, very fun") and new images. (L, I, V)
● Buena Vista Games announces Lumines 2. Screenshots at the link. (L)
● Buena Vista Games officially announces Every Extend Extra. (L)
● Tekken: Dark Resurrection is coming along nicely, it seems. Gamespot has a hands-on preview. One of the neat new features is that you can upload ghost data from the internet. (L)
● Check out the latest images from Brave Story on PSP. Looks, uh, interesting. (L, I)
● The latest images from Gitaroo Man Live are out. Looks nice... still wondering if it'll be as fun with PSP controls. (L, B, I: 1, 2, 3)
● Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony for PSP finally comes out of hiding. It features all-new playable characters and a freshly designed, non-linear, single player campaign as well as support for Ad Hoc co-operative and competitive multiplayer games. You can find media and more info at the links. (L, I: 1, 2, 3)
● Magna Carta Portable, Drinky's new archnemesis, has got some new media to show for it. Check out the latest. (I, I)
● Atari announces HOT PXL, a sorta Wario Ware minigame fest with a hip-hop flare. Starting out the game has over 200 minigames, but Atari has stated that the library will be updated via the PSP's wireless internet functionality. (L, I, I, I)
● Bubble Bobble: Magical Tower Daisakusen is announced for PSP. I think that's pretty much all that needs to be said. (L, A, A, A, I, I, I)
● Metal Slug Anthology, which is basically a MS nuts wet dream, is shaping up nicely. You'll get the original Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3 and 4 and Metal Slug 5. There's also two-player co-op mode and support for widescreen or 4:3. (L, I, I)
● The Legends of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch is certainly a mouthful to say, but the screens don't look half bad. (I: 1, 2, 3)
● Baito Hell 2000 is officially announced for US release - as Work Time Fun (WTF). From D3Publisher of America, this title is a sort of Wario Ware esque mini-game collection where you must take jobs from the Job Demon and try to successful complete each task. (L)
● Codemasters announces Bliss Island, a so-called "puzzle-reflexion" game. The PSP game will have exclusive features not in the PC version. (L)
● Atari announces Battlezone, a new game from the franchise that debuted in the 80s. Set in futuristic international military environments, you're in control of hover tanks where you take on your rivals in combat scenarios. There will also be 4 player WiFi mode. Through Battlezone website, you can download a level editor and upload new maps to your PSP. (L, I, I)
● Kuju is developing Dungeons & Dragons Tactics for the PSP, and Gamespot has hands-on impressions. Movement is grid-based, with actions being performed using a menu that you can customize. (L, I, I, I)
● Square Enix reveals Final Fantasy: Crisis Core exclusively for PSP. It's an action-RPG revolving around the story of Zack, who had already passed on to the Lifestream in FFVII. (W, I, I)
● Konami reveals Silent Hill Origins for PSP. The story will center around a lone truck driver who's in the middle of a routine delivery and finds himself trapped in the city limits. It's a prequel, and you run into characters from later in the series. Check out the latest media. (L, I, I)
● Konami announces Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for the PSP. Big Boss returns in the story of his fall from grace and the formation of Foxhound. Set in 1975, it features a recruitment system where you can own a squadron of mercenaries. It features a unique "White Flag" mechanic that will allow players to fight to the death or surrender to compete again. (L, I, I, I, A, V)
● Konami announces Bomberman for PSP. The game is set to feature numerous party games that are playable via WiFi. It'll include the original single-player aspect of the first BOMBERMAN game, while the multiplayer modes will feature new items. The title will make use of the PSP's game sharing feature. It's set for release this fall. (L)
● Konami announces Brooktown High: Senior Year for PSP. Uhm, it's a dating simulator that'll be released in the west. Yeaaaaahhhh... that's definitely one I'll personally be passing on. But for all you maladjusted socially inept people out there, this may be the title for you! (L, I)
● Konami announces Death, Jr. The Root of Evil for PSP. Not many details, but some media here will do. (I, V)
● Rockstar finally announces what everybody already knows: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is coming out for the PSP. It'll have a new story, new vehicles and weapons, the usual. Release is slated for October 17, 2006. My huge prediction powers suggests you can expect San Andreas Stories some time fall 2007. (W, P)

Xbox

●

Xbox 360

● SEGA announces Virtua Tennis 3™. Includes a new improved Career mode and Player creation mode. Due for release Spring 2007. (P, I)
● SEGA announces SEGA RALLY™ REVO for 360. (P)
● SEGA in conjuntion with Bizarre Creations announces THE CLUB, a third person action shooter. The Club is a loosely organized and highly illegal underground entity where criminals are paid huge amounts to have gunfights. The Club will hit NA and Europe in 2007 on "next-gen consoles." (L, A, A)
● Capcom's Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions is certainly coming along nicely. Check out this stunning 720p pre-E3 trailer. (V)
● Too Human ain't looking shaby either. Check out 1ups hands-on preview of this ambitious trilogy. (L, V)
● PlayLogic International announces Infernal, a third person action game for 360. The "hero" is Ryan Lennox, a man with two personalities. Apparently he comes from hell, and will be able to transform into a demon. (L, L, I, I, I)
● Bioshock is going to own the world. The first "official" pic was released... outside of Game Informer and EGM. From the creators of System Shock... and if that don't get you excited, please stop playing games. (I)
● Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway is looking gorgeous. Check out the media at the link. (V)
● THQ announced a partnership with Swedish studio SimBin Development Team AB to bring their award-winning GTR franchise to the Xbox 360. Due out Q1 2007. (L, V, I, I, I)
● Bullet Witch 360 shots are here. Aside from the interesting concept, it's a little rough around the edges. Still has a way to go. (I, I)
● EA announces Army of Two for 360. In development at EA's boutique production house in Montréal, Canada, they claim it will "redefine strategic two man co-op play." The title puts gamers in scenarios "taken from current day headlines." (L)
● IGN has a hands-on preview of Madden 2007 for 360. Along with improved graphics, EA hopes to improve the games depth and game modes. (L, I, I)
● Culdcept Saga, bitches. You all better buy this and support these sort of projects on 360 or I will cut you. Developed by Omiyasoft, published by Namco Bandai. Check out the latest media. (A, I, I, W)
● [eM] -eNCHANT arM- is now officially going to be known as Enchanted Arms in the West. Developed by From Software and published by Ubisoft, it's due for release this summer. (L)
● Alone in the Dark is looking pretty damn nice. Also love the concept of being in a fully modeled Central Park, accurate down to 50cm. Bring this franchise from the brink! (V)
● Tony Hawk Project 8 is supposedly what Activision really wanted to do with the TH franchise before it quickly up-ported American Wasteland. Well, they seem to have done a nice job. (L, I, V)
● Sonic the Hedgehog is slowly improving. Now sportin' a slick 60fps according to IGN, it focuses on the speed, control and wild aerial jumps that made the Genesis games so memorable. (L, L, I, I, I)
● The PC hit known as F.E.A.R. is officially coming to 360. A paranormal action thriller with intense graphics and finely tuned A.I., it is set to be released in Spring 2006. It will have brand new single player content to immerse the player deeper into the world as well as brand new multiplayer content for Xbox Live®. (L, I, V, I)
● First media for Colin McRae Rally is out. Scheduled for release in 2007, Codemasters Studios' plan is to totally reinvigorate the McRae experience. (I, I)
● THQ officially reveals The Sopranos, based on HBO's hit crime drama. Developed at 7 Studios - of Fantastic Four fame *huck* - it will be released this fall. David Chase supervised the script writing for the game. (L, I)
● IGN has a hands-on report of MotoGP 06 for 360. It's easily one of the systems best looking titles. Rider and bike together sport more than 40,000 polygons. On top of that, the gameplay has been improved dramatically... with rider weight more palpable and leans helping you accelerate and break accurately. (L, I, I)
● Call of Duty 3 CG Trailer is out. Unfortunately, the game is developed by Treyarch. Ah well, can't win it all. (V)
● Also showcased at the Microsoft conference was a brand new trailer for Mark Rein's apocalyptic epic, Gears of War. If you've never seen this game before, do yourself a favour and check this out. You'll be convinced that next-gen is here. (V)
● Free Radical announces Haze for the 360. Governments have outsourced military operations to private multinational corporations. As Jake Carpenter, a newly enlisted soldier in the Mantel army, you are seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause. (W, I, I, I)
● Gamespot has a hands-on report of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on XBL. The emulation isn't perfect yet, but the game includes achievements for things like finishers, giving mercy, executing a fatality and so on. (L)
● Q Entertainment announced a deal with Microsoft to release Lumines Live!. But the real kicker is that it will have licensed music supplied by Warner, with the example of Madonna being used. The style is crisply transfered to XBL. (L)
● Although there's not much info, it appears Unreal Tournament 2007 is not just a PS3 game anymore... it's also coming to 360. Not that it should surprise anyone, but it's nice to know! Now just give us keyboard+mouse support and all is forgiven! (L)
● Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV for 360. Developed by Rockstar North, not much is known except it'll be available October 2007 simultaneously for PS3 and 360. (W, P)
● Shadowrun! You remember those great Genesis/SNES games? This is in that same universe! But the similarities pretty much end there. It's a FPS now, and the graphics are just a tad rough. IGN has a preview of the game, so check it out. (L, I)
● 1up has an exclusive first look at actual footage of Splinter Cell: Double Agent on 360. Along with that, you can catch plenty of other details in their nice video interview. (L, V)
● Microsoft revealed the big gun today... the ultimate from Bungie, Halo 3. Earth has been conquered by the Covenant. Emerging from the rubble was Master Chief, as tall and as strong as ever, while a flash of Cortana appeared on screen, speaking of gods and devils -- about how she knows what lurks in the very soul of the Master Chief. (L, I, V)
● Hellboy is announced for Microsoft's 360. I'm not sure what to say, except that a lot of work must be done to get the visuals polished up. I like the comics, so, I hope they do a good job. (I, V)
● 1up has an exclusive first look at actual footage of Splinter Cell: Double Agent on 360. Along with that, you can catch plenty of other details in their nice video interview. (L, V)
● Viva Pinata, Rare's Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon hybrid shot at a Pokemon-esque franchise, sports some really phenomenal graphics. IGN has hands-on and other media, and if this sort of game is appealing to you definitely check it out. (L, I, V)
● The video may have been all CG, but it made one thing clear - Forza is back. Forza Motorsport 2 sports tons of new customization features and online play with up to 12 people over XBL. Not only that, there will even be a forcefeedback wheel created by an internal Microsoft team who worked on the sidewinder products. Definitely promising. (L, I, V
● The hotly anticipated title from Sakaguchi's Mistwalker studio Blue Dragon is definitely coming along. Although not many details are known about the battle system or gameplay itself, IGN has a small preview to check out. (L, I, V)
● Konami has announced Dance Dance Revolution Universe for the 360. The game will go hand-in-hand with XBL marketplace, where you will be able to download new songs and more. (I, L, V)
● IGN has hands-on impressions of Hudon's Bomberman Act Zero, which is definitely an interesting twist on the famous franchise. Not necessarily what I'd go with, but it's something. Click the article for more. (L, I, V)
● Since Microsoft picked up the rights to publish Remedy's Alan Wake, it's going to be exclusive to the 360. And that's a good thing, 'cause this is one game with a lot of very real potential. Check out the latest media. (V)
● Also shown at the press conference was Crackdown, Real Time Worlds attempt to merge Grand Theft Auto with a bit of superpower. Sounds like Hulk. Check out IGNs preview at the link. (L, I, V)
● Another game shown off at the Microsoft press conference was Fable 2, a follow-up to the extremely popular Xbox/PC original from Lionhead Studios. The video shown was only CG, but it definitely gives you a taste of what's to come. (W, V)
● THQ's Saint Row was one of the very first 360 titles we ever saw, and it's still on track to come out. IGN has some hands-on impressions and lots of media. (L, I, V)
● Tecmo -- led by Team Ninja's Tomonobu Itagki -- revealed Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. IGN has some nice video that you can check out. (L, V)
● Stranglehold, a continuation of the story from John Woo's influential Hard Boiled movie, is looking very impressive. Experience a world only previously seen in movies as you control incredible gun battles and dramatic slow motion in Tequila Time™. Carve a unique path of massive destruction and use the environment as a weapon against enemies. (V, V, I, I, I)
● SEGA announces Golden Axe for 360. Golden Axe delivers action-RPG thrills as a small band of Riders embark on an epic adventure to recruit allies, expose the enemy and prevent the annihilation of their breed. Delivering an intense and unique combat experience, players charge into battle on the backs of ferocious beasts or take their chances with the enemy while on foot. (P)

Nintendo Wii

● Madden is revealed... and surprisingly, it's not a port. They've got a Revo specific team working on it and it sounds pretty interesting. (L)
● SEGA announces Super Monkey Ball™: Banana Blitz exclusively for Wii. Flick the revmote to jump, new improved party games, and an enhanced GC monkeyball graphics engine. (P, L, I, I, I)
● Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam is coming to the "Wii." "By using the Revolution controller's motion-sensitivity, racers will be able to turn and boost without touching a button." This game is also now part of the growing developer trend to release screenshots alongside crazed fans playing the game. Graphics are... underwhelming, to say the least. (L, L, I, I)
● Konami revealed its first "Wii" game, titled Elebits. In Elebits, players move around a game world, attempting to find and collect Elebit creatures. (L, A, A, A)
● SNK revealed that they will be releasing games for Wii, the first of which is Metal Slug Anthology. It will feature classics like Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5. It also allows freehand controller functionality. (L)
● Ubisoft reveals Rayman Raving Rabbids™. Graphics don't look too hot, but that's not what matters here. What matters is the insane kidgoth playing Wii in the press photo! Click the image and see. (L, I, A)
● Blitz: The League is officially announced for Wii. Although it uses an "improved" version of the original engine on current gen systems, they say much of the gameplay has been rebuilt with wiimote in mind. (L)
● Call of Duty 3 CG Trailer is out. Yes, it's coming for Wii too. Unfortunately, the game is developed by Treyarch. Ah well, can't win it all. (V)
● Square Enix officially announces Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers exclusively for Wii. (L, V)
● Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, another mouthful of a title. The game is being developed with every aspect of Wii in mind. (L)
● SEGA announces Sonic Wild Fire exclusively for Wii. Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Wild Fire stars the Blue dude with the 'tude on his first solo adventure since the original Sonic The Hedgehog™ in 1991. The story is apparently based on the story from Arabian Nights, and uses the wiimote in an array of innovative fashions. (P, A)
● Nintendo reveals Super Mario Galaxy for Wii. Not much is known at this point, except that Wiimote apparently allows moves never before possible in Mario titles. With freehand control of all-new moves, such as swinging your hand to bat away objects or grabbing onto stars with the pointer, Super Mario Galaxy looks to communicate perfectly the Wii's stress on delivering games that are "all about the feel." (L, I)
● The first video for Ubisoft's Red Steel is here. Graphically, eh. But it definitely looks interesting. Check it out for yourself. (V)
● Check out the hands-on impressions of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Matt isn't entirely convinced on the control scheme, but it sounds very nice. (V, L, I)
● Nintendo reveals that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released in TWO different SKUs. One is for Gamecube, that will play exactly like God always intended. The other is the "enhanced" frankenstein-esque creation that combines the Gamecube title with wiimote functionality - sword swinging, arrow shooting and more. Choose which one you want this Fall! (L)
● Namco Bandai announces SD Gundam G Breaker for Nintendo Wii. Looks like every system is getting SOME version of this niche anime/series. I'm not exactly sure what to think! (V)
● Nintendo shows off Fire Emblem for Wii. Woooooo. Not much is known about this strategy RPG from the phenomenal and popular japanese series, but you can watch the video. Be warned: It's just CG. (V)
● Final Furlong for Nintendo Wii is certainly interesting. *ahem*. I guess you could say that. (V)
● Another game revealed for Nintendo's "Wii", Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is not the most polished title on the list. Reggie said it's a game for people who "just like the bash things", which I guess is an appropriate description. (L, V)
● One of the games announced for Nintendo Wii today was Excite Truck. The name is supposedly a sort of homage to Excite bike, which as you all know is a NES classic. Players hold the Wii Remote like an NES controller to control the truck. The 2 button is the accelerator, the 1 button is the brake, the + Control Pad is the turbo. Tilt the Remote right and left like a steering wheel to steer. (L, V)
● Yet another game announcement among Nintendo's exhaustive list, Wii Sports contains a bunch of activities that utilize the Wiimote to maximum capacity. The showpiece was a tennis title, which although sported some "primitive" visuals had everyone very excited due to its functionality. It seemed pretty fun. (L, V)
● I doubt you'll be surprised at this next announcement. Nintendo announces Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii. Yup. It's pretty much a perfect fit - you'll do all sorts of wiggling and waggling and whipping and whooping in a series of quick fire minigames that test your reflexes as well as anything else. As always, Wario Ware is awesome. (L, V)
● Trauma Center for Wii is shaping up nicely, for those who enjoy this sort of thing. You can check out the latest images at the link. (I)

Nintendo DS

● Buena Vista Games officially announces Meteos: Disney Edition. (L)
● Buena Vista Games officially announces Spectrobes, an anime-inspired action-role-playing game developed by Jupiter Corporation. (L, A)
● Final Fantasy III DS is shaping up nicely. Check out the latest images courtesy of gpara. (I)
● Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is shown in-depth in a series of awesome scans. Check it out. (I: 1, 2, 3, L)
● And New Super Mario Bros. is still looking phenomenal. More scans. Thanks to ant1532 and gonintendo for the links. (I: 1, 2, 3, L, W)
● CDV announces Panzer Tactics DS, a turn-based strategy game set in WWII. Multiplayer games will also offer a competitive ladder system to rank the best online commanders. (L)
● SNK Playmore reveals SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS. Like the original game released on the NeoGeo Pocket Color, this title is a card battling game featuring characters from both company's universes. (L, I, I, I)
● SEGA announces Charlotte's Web for DS, a licensed game based on the upcoming feature film from Nickelodeon. You will travel and meet all of Wilbur's friends! DS version includes stylus support and wireless multiplayer for 4 players. (P, I, I, I)
● Majesco has picked up the Cooking Mama for US release. You cook shit, and some chick gets angry if you do it wrong. (L)
● Square Enix officially announces Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates exclusively for DS. (L)
● Konami announces Lunar Knights, a Botkai-like game for the NDS. Starring Lucian, a warrior of the night, Lunar Knights challenges players to use the digital climate to their advantage. Lucian's powers are amplified when the moon is shining bright, making him a deadly thorn in the side of the vampires that are terrorizing the world. (L, A, A)
● Nintendo announces Custom Robo DS. So the game was successful enough to warrant bringing to a portable... where is my Pikmin then? Get moving, Nintendo! (V)
● Konami shows off Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for DS. Looks absolutely excellent. Check out the video. (V)
● Oh yeah, this is one of my favorite announcements of the show so far. Nintendo announced Yoshi's Island 2 for the DS. Yeah, a sequel to one of the best platformers ever made. After New Super Mario Bros., who would have thought so much awesome could be contained under one system? But here we are! (V)
● Hotel Dusk: Room 215 looks like a very interesting concept for the Nintendo DS. I'm pretty fond of it myself... check out the latest media. (I)
● Nintendo formally announces Elite Beat Agent Storms DS, for those who wanted Osu! Tatakae! Oendan! for the US. It's not a localized version or a sequel, it's an original game based on that concept. An ex-CIA agent named Commander Kahn scans the world for cries of help. When he finds one, he dispatches the agents, who assist their targets by performing a song and dance. (I, L, V)
● Nintendo announces Starfox DS. You heard right! It's looking pretty tight too, more in line with the classics than the ridiculous abominations that have recently inhabited the franchise. DS is a quality gaming beast. (V, I)
● Nintendo reveals Mario Hoops 3 on 3. Developed by SquareEnix, this is definitely one of the nicer looking games for DS graphically. Hope the gameplay matches. (V)
● So yeah, there's another Pokemon game coming to the US. It's Pokemon Rangers, which I suppose any Pokefanatic would know from its JP release. If any of you are still hanging out to this series while waiting for Diamond/Pearl, give this game a look. (I)
● Konami announces Death, Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom for DS. Very little is known on this game, but the media will have to do. (I)
● Nintendo reveals Donkey Kong: King of Swing DS. A sequel to the late GBA sleeper hit, In this DS version, Kong has brought along Diddy Kong for all new moves and techniques in the double-character system. A tutorial level has been included to help players understand the game better, and the DS's wireless features are used for up to four swingers to get together (no online play, sadly) and play either with standard wireless or DS Download Play. (L, I, V)
● Nintendo announces a new Kirby game for NDS. There is no title attached, but you can still get a load of the screenshots. (I, I, I)
● IGN has some hands-on impressions of the highly anticipated remake of Final Fantasy III for DS. The only game that has yet to come to US shores, the remake abandons the nostalgia graphics and is updated in fully 3D for consumers. (L, I)
● Also hands-on is the US version of Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime from SquareEnix. The game's very action-focused - players hold down the A button and stretch Rocket in the direction they want to attack, and when the button's let go Rocket "snaps" at the enemy with a powerful whack. (I, L)
● Another little surprise for the portable-that-could, Mario vs. Donkey Kong DS has a very attractive look to it. Promising new puzzles that take advantage of the touch screen and many, many levels... this game is one to look for. (I)
● Another new game for the Nintendo DS, DS Air is a Top Gun-esque title with some decent visuals. (V, I)
● IGN has new media for the DS game Magical Vacation 2. The first was quite good to many people, so maybe you're anticipating this. Well, it certainly looks very vibrant and interesting conceptually. (I)
● Konami already announced Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 for multiple platforms, but you can check out the latest media for the DS version at the link. (I)
● Capcom confirms that a new Phoenix Wright game titled Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All is coming to the US. The game will feature four new cases to solve, complete with the ability to object and use various tools on demand to get the job done. The game will also boast a new health meter system, which can affect the strength of your case if you provide wrong evidence or have misguided attempts on hand. (L)

Nintendo Gamecube

● Battlestadium D.O.N. (Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto) fighting game announced for GCN. (I)
● THQ announces BRATZ: Forever Diamondz for Gamecube. It will be based on the new Forever Diamondz fashion doll line, as well as a new DVD feature movie that is scheduled to launch at retail later this year. You can adopt a pet to train, dress, accessorize and showcase it in competition. Also, go figureskating! (P)
● Nintendo announces Super Paper Mario for Gamecube. It's like a game that switches from 2D to 3D, to whatever other craziness... not really an RPG this time, but a action platformer. Sorta hard to explain! But it looks freakin' fantastic. You also get to play as Peach and Bowser. (V)
● Nintendo announces DK Bongo Blast for Gamecube. Well... at least they're still trying to support this ol' rusty system of mine. I appreciate it anyway! Check out the latest media. (V)
● Nintendo reveals that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released in TWO different SKUs. One is for Gamecube, that will play exactly like God always intended. The other is the "enhanced" frankenstein-esque creation that combines the Gamecube title with wiimote functionality - sword swinging, arrow shooting and more. Choose which one you want this Fall! (L)

Gameboy Advance

● Final Fantasy V (GBA) will have new dungeons, graphics and even jobs - slated for a fall release. (L)
● SEGA announces Charlotte's Web for GBA, a licensed game based on the upcoming feature film from Nickelodeon. You will travel and meet all of Wilbur's friends! The Game Boy® Advance version is loaded with additional entertaining mini-games, such as Ring Toss and Bumper Cars. (P)
● THQ announces BRATZ: Forever Diamondz for GBA. It will be based on the new Forever Diamondz fashion doll line, as well as a new DVD feature movie that is scheduled to launch at retail later this year. You can adopt a pet to train, dress, accessorize and showcase it in competition. Also, go figureskating! (P)

PC

● PlayLogic International announces Infernal, a third person action game for PC. The "hero" is Ryan Lennox, a man with two personalities. Apparently he comes from hell, and will be able to transform into a demon. (L, L, I, I, I)
● Bioshock is going to own the world. The first "official" pic was released... outside of Game Informer and EGM. From the creators of System Shock... and if that don't get you excited, please stop playing games. (I)
● SEGA announces SEGA RALLY™ REVO for PC. (P)
● SEGA announces Charlotte's Web for PC CD-ROM, a licensed game based on the upcoming feature film from Nickelodeon. You will travel and meet all of Wilbur's friends! (P)
● EverQuest II: Echoes of Faydwer™ expansion and The Fallen Dynasty™ adventure pack are announced. The expansion includes a new race and the adventure pack introduces an asian flair. Suggested retail is $39.99 and $7.99, respectively. (W, P, I: 1, 2, 3)
● Codemasters announces Bliss Island, a so-called "puzzle-reflexion" game. You can check out the latest media here. (L, I, L)
● SEGA has announced a ROME: Total War expansion called Alexander for PC. Featuring a brand new campaign, 6 new historical and multiplayer battles, 4 new factions and over 60 new units. It's also voiceovered by Brian Blessed! (W, A)
● Vivendi Games' Sierra Entertainment announces the first expansion pack for hit game F.E.A.R. Titled F.E.A.R.™ Extraction Point, it kicks off where the original game ended. The Recon team returns to battle the now free Alma and her paranormal minions across a destroyed city. (L)
● Gamespot UK has hands-on impressions of Battlefield 2142. You can also check out the trailer for BF2142's "Titan Mode." There are four classes in the game: recon, assault, antivehicle and support. Each are customizable, thanks to the persistent character system. (L, V, I, I, I)
● Bioware announces Jade Empire for PC. A port of the semi-successful Xbox RPG, it's gonna be polished up and have some exclusive features. (W)
● Quantic Dreams, the makers of the cult classic Indigo Prophecy, announces Heavy Rain for PC. Not much is known atm, but it's a "sequel to a certain, underrated adventure title." (I, L)
● Did anyone really need convincing that Quake Wars looks incredible? I sure didn't, but the screens keep coming! Easily one of my most anticipated games. (W, I, I)

NeoGAF DC++ Hub

To manually connect open DC++ and connect to eee.kicks-ass.org

alt: use hideos.mine.nu

There is also a web page setup for the hub http://eee.kicks.ass/dc that
shows the log and traffic info.

There is a bot that keeps track of the user added torrents. The bot
does not keep the torrents but serves as a message board to notify users
of videos added to the tracker. In the past we have had a dedicated
tracker for E3, I am not sure if we have one this year.
The commands for the torrent bot are as follows:

!torrents
- view the current torrents.

+torrent
- add a torrent link | syntax "+torrent
http://www.torrentsite.com/perfectdarkzero.torrent Perfect Dark Zero IGN"

-torrent
- remove a torrent link (not the actual torrent) | syntax "-torrent
http://www.torrentsite.com/perfectdarkzero.torrent"

There is also a message bot for sharing links to movies.

!movies
- view the current movie links

+movie
- add a movie link | syntax "+movie
http://gameinformer.com/movies/mario128.mpg" Mario 128 GI

-movie
- remove a movie link | syntax "-movie
http://gameinformer.com/movies/mario128.mpg"

There are some time based commands for users that live in a time zone
other than PST.

+date
- current date for LA
+time
- current time in LA
!conf
-listing of conference times in various regions/time zones.

Connection FAQ for universities students

University blocking DC++
Blocking and Throttling

Many Universities have policies that limit the usage of peer to peer
applications by students and employees. Typically, these policies block
or limit the amount of bandwidth that p2p applications can use, and are
enforced by employing solutions from Packeteer , NetLogic Microsystems ,
or a similar company. This software/hardware solution has the ability to
look into a TCP packet, determine what class of application created it,
then throttle or block it accordingly.

If you're behind such a block, please learn to live with it.
Circumventing the block by proxying is detectable, is probably against
your AUP, is technically difficult, and impossible to do without help
from someone outside the firewall.

Network Address Translation

Other schools might have their network behind a NAT in which case an
active connection is impossible. If you're inside a NAT, the IP reported
by your computer will be in one of the non-routable IP ranges. In this
case, try passive mode.

If you cannot connect to DC hubs or cannot transfer files in passive
mode, the above advice about proxying applies.

Port Blocking

A few schools use simple port blocking, where common ports used by DC++
and other p2p applications are blocked. DC++ uses a wide range of ports
for outgoing traffic and incoming traffic by default. If the school
blocks port 411 outgoing connections, then that effectively cuts you off
from all DC hubs since that is the default hub port. Hub lists contain
the full address of many hubs and those that run on non-standard ports
(i.e. hub.example.com:1411) may work.

If you appear to be completely blocked from the DC network, the above
advice applies.

Thanks to: KonTiki for setting this up

NeoGAF E3 Torrent Tracker

Some very interesting changes this year for torrents.

Automagnus ordered a dedicated server with a terabyte of bandwidth. He is going to put all the major files on the server and it will seed the torrents. The biggest problem with last years tracker was that automagnus was seeding most of the files off his DSL line, and it was pathetic. This year should be great.

The tracker has gone over a major overhaul from last year and has greatly improved.

tracker homepage: www.titaniumtorrents.com
announce URL: www.titaniumtorrents.com/bt/announce.php

Thanks to AUTOMAGNUS.

END, YO

There is so much more to come it's pretty ridiculous... some nice things in store for all camps. And if you're multi-console camp, resign yourself to the fact that you will never be able to play all the great games coming out. Ever.

E3 IS UPON US. REJOICE.

ant1532

Banned
Conference times from DrEvil
---
Monday, May 8th

Sony
4:00pm
----

Tuesday, May 9th

Nintendo
Lobby Opens @ 8:30am
Show begins @ 9:30am
----

Microsoft
11:30am

jenov4

AMEN! *Prays that this server can hold up*

After experiencing what happened today with the whole Nintendo Wii announcement.. I'm not sure.. ;_;

Zilch

Banned
I assume you posted this because it'll be the last time many of us will see the forum until mid-May. :p

RaijinFY

Thx a lot for your efforts amirOx but I guess I'm not even trying to access to neoGAF during this period, seeign how the servers suffered today... :(

jedimike

This might be a bit too much, but it would be nice to see a breakdown per console of the online only games. Like XBLA games, Wii GO games, and PS3 Online games. They are really going to be my most deciding factor on future hardware purchases.

Either way, thanks for keeping this up-to-date and organized.

Amir0x

Banned
Wollan said:
Is that a Lair dragon?

yes ;)

jedimike: There is no way I'm going to break this down even further, but maybe I will add an 'online' symbol to games or something. I'll see if I'm not lazy.

Ironclad

Thanks for the official thread amir.

Here's to a better Nintendo conference this year. It surely can't be any worse than last year's. Hopefully GAF will be able to hold together but i'm not keeping my hopes up. I'm looking forward to this year's E3 as whole, but then again, I do so every year.

Pimpwerx

This is kinda soon. Shouldn't this be the pre-E3 thread? This thing is gonna be unreadable in a week. OK, I just felt like bitching. PEACE.

Amir0x

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
This is kinda soon. Shouldn't this be the pre-E3 thread? This thing is gonna be unreadable in a week. OK, I just felt like bitching. PEACE.

This is only a SUMMARY thread (and maybe a thread for conferences). E3 is too big to contain in one thread This is basically a place to go and see what news was announced while you were gone during E3.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Do other "pre-E3 announcments" count also?

Like, Elebits from Konami, Super Monkey Ball: Banna Blitz from Sega, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam from Activision, etc for Wii?

Amir0x

Banned
John Harker said:
Do other "pre-E3 announcments" count also?

Like, Elebits from Konami, Super Monkey Ball: Banna Blitz from Sega, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam from Activision, etc for Wii?

Is Elebits being shown at E3? Anyway, I already added Banana Blitz to the Wii news at the start. Did you miss it?

This is toally fantastic, and I love the graphic.

Maybe this should be a sticky that can't be replied to... that way it'd be easier to load under stress, and the comments can go into the many other threads that will come up between now and then?

Well done.

John Harker

Amir0x said:
Is Elebits being shown at E3? Anyway, I already added Banana Blitz to the Wii news at the start. Did you miss it?

Guess I did.

But fantastic job - it's a lot of responsibility, cool stuff.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Fuck yeah that logo rocks!

Thanks for the official thread Amir0x, this is going to be a life-saver come E3. Ill be posting quickie impressions on a lot of the games on the show floor.

Amir0x

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Fuck yeah that logo rocks!

Thanks for the official thread Amir0x, this is going to be a life-saver come E3. Ill be posting quickie impressions on a lot of the games on the show floor.

thx Tekuno, thx speedpop.

I want impressions on BIOSHOCK straight from you, yo.

John Harker

haha, should certain gaffers focus on certain parts of the show to report impressions on for the thread?

aoi tsuki

The handling of torrents is a little wonky (having to use DC++ to get the URL), but i'm glad to have it over nothing. DC++ sucks for me (can't open necessary ports). i'll definitely do some seeding.

Will the IRC channel be used, or will all "official" chat be in the DC++ hub?

daegan

amir0x, where's the Lumines Plus for PS2 announcement? 1up talks about it in the same article as Every Extend Extra and Lumines 2.

I expect torrent trackers to pop up, know of one that should appear next monday, was up last e3.

Where the hell is hideos these days anyway? Know he's in the DC++ but does he post here anymore?

ps. Nice one Amir0x

Times for UK People 9 (British Summer Time (GMT +1) PST +8)

Monday, May 8th

Square Enix
9:00 - 10:30 PM, with reception beginning at 7:30 PM

Tuesday, May 9th

Sony
12:00am

Nintendo
Lobby Opens @ 4:30PM
Show begins @ 5:30PM

Microsoft
7:30PM

Konami
Check in begins at 11:30 PM

In european times

may 8 => Square (9:00) and Sony (23:00)
may 9 => Nintendo (18:30), Microsoft (20:30) and Konami ("24:30", already may 10)

Everything goes to those 30 hours... Final Fantasy, PS3, Wii, Zelda, Mario, Halo, WE, Metal Gear...

Oh my God, my brain's gonna melt down :lol

OmniGamer

I'm looking forward to this year's E3 internet experience...I have a much better PC this time around so I can actually handle the high res/high def videos without it being a stuttering mess. I'm wondering though, would it be worth it to sign up to IGN and/or Gamespot for insider and complete respectively?

Top Bottom