• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Gameplay Trailer

Kuranghi

I'm a bit worried about this now, the variety looks good-great but theres something off about this. Also no object based motion blur when they used to have a really good implement is bizarre, must be a stylistic reason to make it look more like stop motion. If they wanted to do that they should've cut the animation frames down though, just looks stuttery now, play it frame by frame to see what I mean. Its not too bad when they are moving slowly but fast camera/character movement looks bad imo.

Last edited:

fatmarco

I really hope they have Raytracing on PC. Lego is crying out for it and after seeing that Lego Puzzle game it'd be a great shame if it didn't have some basic RT at least.

kiphalfton

This looks surprisingly good. I stopped caring about LEGO games when they all seemed to play exactly the same, but this looks like more of a "cinematic" experience.

MAtgS

Oh boy! I can't wait to play......wait no, they already made a game on the original trilogy.

Oh boy! I bet it'll be amazing to experience......actually nevermind, they did prequels before they even did the originals.

Oh but there's the brand new Force Awak-what, that one got a lego game all to itself?

Well what the hell does that leave that's actually new? Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker?

clint-eastwood.gif

makaveli60

Oh boy! I can't wait to play......wait no, they already made a game on the original trilogy.

Oh boy! I bet it'll be amazing to experience......actually nevermind, they did prequels before they even did the originals.

Oh but there's the brand new Force Awak-what, that one got a lego game all to itself?

Well what the hell does that leave that's actually new? Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker?

clint-eastwood.gif
Aren’t these sort of remakes?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join members of the development team for a behind-the-scenes look at LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. The team gives a deep dive into various planets in the game and insight into their creation, including environmental details, a peek at missions, characters, and more.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga launches on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on April 5, 2022.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
the worlds in this game look pretty incredible, but after watching the developer trailer above it looks like all you do is just run around the world. Very little combat is shown. Part of the fun of the Lego Star Wars games for me was watching how they recreated all the important movie scenes through Lego pantomime. Didn’t see that much here other then the obi-wan and jar jar scene.

Alpha Male

I'm blown away by the environmental visuals in this game and I love that it's open world.
Also pretty cool that there's a cover system for the TPS gameplay.

kiphalfton

Reticle, HUD, icons, etc. really take away from the experience. Also what’s up with the awful frame rate in the video above.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here is everything you need to know about the latest Lego Star Wars game.

The original Lego Star Wars is the granddaddy of the Lego video game empire, a cute and hilarious take on the prequel trilogy, who's success spawned dozens of licensed Lego games. Now we’re returning to a galaxy far far away with Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker saga, a massive collection that takes you through all nine core Star Wars movies, including the final two films in the sequel trilogy, which haven’t been Lego-fied yet. But even though we are returning to films already covered before, don’t expect a simple retread of the previous games. The Skywalker Sega is built from the ground up and makes changes to the traditional Lego formula to stand out.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro
00:53 - Plot & Setting
02:40 - Gameplay
05:12 - DLC
06:18 - Platforms

Top Bottom