• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official E3 awards: MS scoops best presentation and Forza Horizon 5 listed as most anticipated game overall

nemiroff

Gold Member
Forza?? Lol what the heck??
Don't get me wrong Forza looked great but never would've thought Forza would be the most anticipated game of E3. This really shows how bad this year's E3 is smh.

What do you mean, I'm so confused.. It's an amazing and big franchise and loved by both critics and users, and the newest one in the series is even out very soon. How is that "bad" in any way?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What are you on about? So a racing game shouldn't be considered best game at E3? So what type of game should?
I applaud you for responding to these insane comments. Game is set to have millions of players and be a hit like every forza horizon. It's getting even more eyes on this year than normal which is great to see. I was driving home and BBC radio had an interview with Playground games on the game at prime commute time. There's a lot of interest for the game.

Last edited:
What do you mean, I'm so confused.. It's an amazing and big franchise and loved by both critics and users, and the newest one in the series is even out very soon. How is that "bad" in any way?

It's not a game available on Sony products.... That's why. Because of this your seeing comments like 'worst E3 ever' and 'best of a bad bunch'.

Sony could have turned up and shown title cards and then you wouldn't hear any 'worst E3 ever' comments.

DJ12

Strikes me as let's not pee off the only console maker still attending our crappy show lol.

Forza while a good game is not great. Be more of the same, with more added new features that make the game worse than the previous one with new cars.

I will look forward to it on pc running at 4k60. But not an instant buy, definitely a wait for sale game for me. Forza without dlc is not the full experience so game pass won't cut it.

What are you on about? So a racing game shouldn't be considered best game at E3? So what type of game should?
This is exactly what I meant. A racing game winning the most anticipated game at E3 is a bit bothersome.
Imo Zelda BOTW 2, Stalker 2 and Replaced would've been less surprising had they won the most anticipated game title.

Forza looked great, I'm saying that this E3 is bad. But I do think a racing game getting the most anticipated game title out of this whole E3 is surprising.

Mister Wolf

They might win second best presentation for this Thursdays event as well. I expect Scorn, Tunic, The Ascent, The Gunk, and hopefully CrossfireX campaign. All still slated for 2021 release.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Jesus I hope they put some real fucking AI in this one, keeping the lie going that you’re racing with drivers based off you’re friends list driving style is pure bullshit. The AI‘s have had the same shitty routine since HORIZON 2.

4 was a F2P husk for dlc anyway, all the races where winning is optional and you’re only given fucking f2p wheelspins anyway.

This thing needs to die to get a complete overhaul to go back to being half as good as HORIZON 1 was.

Loope

It would have been hard not to win "best presentation" with how abysmal the other presentations were.
the jesus win GIF

JackMcGunns

I don't want to sound like an MS hater or anything and I really like the Forza Horizon series, but it's not very good when a suuuper safe sequel of a long running series becomes the 'best' E3 game.

I bet if a Final Fantasy (what number are we at including spin-offs) or a RE game stole the show, y’all wouldn’t be complaining lol

That’s interesting. I do wonder why Forza is more anticipated than Halo: Infinite? I mean I like Forza and all, but we haven’t had a new Halo in like 6 years, so thought it would be more popular or desired.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I bet if a Final Fantasy (what number are we at including spin-offs) or a RE game stole the show, y’all wouldn’t be complaining lol
No and probably no. ;) I think I just like to award fresh projects (even if they're returning IP's), not sequels done by the book without taking any additional risks.

Avian_Grubber

Neo Member
Two pages and not one Khaled? The hell is going on.

Forza looks absolutely amazing, but I still haven't even given 4 a proper go. Need to up my gaming.

Zeroing

Banned
No and probably no. ;) I think I just like to award fresh projects (even if they're returning IP's), not sequels done by the book without taking any additional risks.
I agree, it should be celebrating new games, new IPs or new concepts. Not a game who doesn’t deviate from their formula. Doesn’t mean the game is bad but being excited for something new is better and what can we all conclude from this year? Everything was stale/bland and uninspired

Zannegan

That feels... 100% fair actually, and I don't exactly look forward to MS shows with bated breath. I've never even played a Forza Horizon (though I might start).

In a weak year, MS brought a shockingly solid show. Halo looked really good to me, but I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Stalker had a lot of people talking. Flight Simulator looks bonkers, if you're into that sort of thing. Starfield was finally teased, plus you get all the drama points for answering the exclusives question. And, personally, I've been waiting in a sequel to Psychonauts since the PS2/Xbox gen.

As for Horizon, it looked good, seemed to play well, and had really appealing setting. I didn't even begrudge them the cringy fake banter that game companies insist on using for multiplayer demos. It was refreshing in the age of cinematic CG trailers and a nice way to end the show

ZywyPL

Banned
Replaced for me, game came out of nowhere, and my god it looks fantastic, and the animations are simply too good.

not even a single nomination for elden ring
tumblr_on15kk7xXq1rpotpgo4_400.gifv

Despite great artistic direction it's the same old Souls-like gameplay with the same-old PS3 graphics, and everyone knew about the game already, so no wonder.

Dont worry. When GT gets properly put out there it'll be wet knickers all round like it's the second coming.

Yeah, until it'll (yet again) turn out those replays and photomode have nothing to do with the actual gameplay, AI prefers to break and let you pass so they can get back on their precious perfect driving line instead of compete for the spot, sounds sucking ass and not resembling the real life cars at all, and all the other archaic solution the series is famous for... Sorry but that cross-gen info is such a fucking bummer, if the Jaguar CPU was restricting Kaz so much back then, it'll do it once again, this game like no other needs to be a PS5-only title. /rant

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It was a good E3 showing. Not a lot of new stuff announced but I’m truly looking forward to:

Halo
Forza 5
Elden Ring
Stalker
Battlefield 2042
Starfield
Replaced
Somerville

That right there is a great set of games, for me.

Last edited:

zaanan

Banned
How can Infinite be most xbox anticipated game when E3's overall most anticipated is another xbox title?
Is no one going to address this excellent question? It’s like saying Carl Lewis of USA won the most gold medals at the 1984 Olympics, but Mary Lou Retton took home the most gold medals for the USA. It’s impossible, nonsensical, and comes across as sleight-of-hand to give Microsoft an additional award.

OT, I don’t doubt MS put on the best show. I was just disappointed there was no Scorn.

dream

Categorizing Forza Horizon as ”just a racing game” feels really reductive to me. The variety of activities snd sheer jump-in-and-fuck-aroundness of the game makes it much more than just its core mechanic.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Elden Ring looks extremely samey. Its just dark souls + open world and making something open world doesn't necessarily mean it will be "better". GRRM being attached to it is a con in my opinion as well. Elden Ring is also not a very good looking game when compared to Horizon Forbidden West and other true Next Gen titles. I imagine it will be good because From knows gameplay but man if their games aren't all similar. Bloodborne is the best of the best anyways.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Forza 5?Really?A franchise that has a game almost every year?

I mean, it is more antecipated than, I don't know, Elden Ring or BOTW 2?

And lol at MS being the best conference.Nintendo was easily better, but I have come to learn that most of these awards are more marketing than actually done seriously.

Kagey K

Banned
Strikes me as let's not pee off the only console maker still attending our crappy show lol.

Forza while a good game is not great. Be more of the same, with more added new features that make the game worse than the previous one with new cars.

I will look forward to it on pc running at 4k60. But not an instant buy, definitely a wait for sale game for me. Forza without dlc is not the full experience so game pass won't cut it.
Nintendo isn't a console maker anymore?

Greggy

Very impressed by FH5 but I really wish they fix the still visible pop in that we saw during the extended gameplay demo (check at 4:55). They have enough time left to do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom