• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official E3 awards: MS scoops best presentation and Forza Horizon 5 listed as most anticipated game overall

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://e3expo.com/news/e3-news/official-e3-2021-awards-show

big-E3_2021-Award-Medallion-logo-300x169.png

Key video game industry media partners band together to select top games from four-day E3 2021 live broadcast
LOS ANGELES – June 15, 2021 – The first-ever all virtual E3 2021 culminated with the Official E3 2021 Awards Show, as Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox Game Studios was named the Most Anticipated Game of E3 2021.

The Official E3 2021 Awards Show winners were selected from all the games showcased during the four-day live E3 2021 broadcast that began on Saturday, June 12. Editors from IGN, GameSpot, PC Gamer, GamesRadar+, Game Bonfire and IGN China participated in the voting with results announced live during the show.

Overall Most Anticipated: Forza Horizon 5, Xbox Game Studios
Best presentation: Microsoft: Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase
Most Anticipated:
Capcom: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Gearbox Software: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
Indie Games: Falling Frontier
Intellivision: Asteroids
Nintendo: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
PC Gaming Show: Songs of Conquest
Freedom Games: Airborne Kingdom
Future Games Show: Immortality
SQUARE ENIX: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
Ubisoft: Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Xbox/Bethesda: Halo: Infinite
Yooreka Studio: Loopmancer

I'm so confused. :messenger_dizzy:

Overall Most Anticipated: Forza Horizon 5, Xbox Game Studios
Most Anticipated: Xbox/Bethesda: Halo: Infinite

How ?

Anyway my most ancicipated:

hypethrustersfullyengaged.gif
Starfield release on 11th November in 2022, while Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 releases this year. Starfield was a teaser while the others showed gameplay.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Fully deserved, Xbox were the only ones that delivered a truly premium feeling presentation, Forza Horizon 5 isn't my most hyped game from E3 (that would be Starfield for me), but I am happy that a lot of people are looking forward to what looks like another great game from Playground Games.

you know E3 is shit when a racing game takes the win. The forza presentation was cringe as shit but at least it had actual fucking gameplay. Glad I did not waste my tiem watching live all these garbage presentations. Time to cancel E3 and make something new.
I detest most driving games, I get bored of them extremely quickly because they generally are repetitive. FH games are in a completely different park though...they have a lot of variety and I could play them for hours at a time, So I can see why it's hotly anticipated. I disagree with 'E3 must have been shit if a driving game won'. Even on a good year FH deserves the recognition.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Why? It means the series hasn't gotten stale, which is good (and true)
But it has. They're just changing the setting and the gameplay stays roughly the same.

And fyi, this comes from a person who's spent over 100 hours with FH1-3. Each. I was already getting bored late in the game in FH3 and I've spent a lot less time with FH4 because the game didn't surprise me with anything new (changing seasons was more like a gimmick) and also doubled down on the 'it's okay not to win, here's a reward anyway' theme.

I don’t see the issue, no one would say the same if Zelda, Mario, God of War or Gran Tursimo were there instead.
I would, because I don't give a crap about Mario & Zelda. ;)

What I meant in general is that instead of some cool NEW or returning IP a sequel without any big innovations got the award because of cool graphics and appealing to a lot of people.

Last edited:

Hawke502

But it has. They're just changing the setting and the gameplay stays roughly the same.

And fyi, this comes from a person who's spent over 100 hours with FH1-3. Each. I was already getting bored late in the game in FH3 and I've spent a lot less time with FH4 because the game didn't surprise me with anything new (changing seasons was more like a gimmick) and also doubled down on the 'it's okay not to win, here's a reward anyway' theme.
I disagree completely, but i will not elaborate.

anthony2690

Banned
Outta gameplay shown, Battlefield shouldve won. Halo had no campaign gameplay like wtf. Forza won by default because its the only one with a long form gameplay demonstration like the usual e3.
"battlefield should've won. Halo had no campaign gameplay like WTF"

Nor did battlefield though ;) (I know, it doesn't have a campaign)

But just amused me that statement.

Battlefield looks genuinely insane though, really can't wait to play it first handhand and be blown away by the experience :)

Mr.ODST

Forza looks absolutely incredible so deserved cannot wait to give it a go even though I'm not a Forza megafan, Halo MP looked great and Game Pass is looking strong with a ton of great content.

John Wick

Fully deserved, Xbox were the only ones that delivered a truly premium feeling presentation, Forza Horizon 5 isn't my most hyped game from E3 (that would be Starfield for me), but I am happy that a lot of people are looking forward to what looks like another great game from Playground Games.
Forza Horizon 5 hands down trashed everything else.
What I want to know is Starfield showed a ingame engine trailer cinematic. What's so hyped about that? FH5 had actual gameplay. I'm sorry I can't base a game on cinematics.

i'm more of a Motorsport person than Horizon.

Horizon ain't bad but i just don't like the handling of cars. I know it's more of an arcade game and maybe I just suck but I was crashing a lot lol. I'll wait patiently for the next Motorsport.

INC

If it was burnout I'd agree

The tech is cool, I presume they took some of the tech from flight sim

DonJorginho

Banned
Forza Horizon 5 hands down trashed everything else.
What I want to know is Starfield showed a ingame engine trailer cinematic. What's so hyped about that? FH5 had actual gameplay. I'm sorry I can't base a game on cinematics.
Starfield is my most anticipated title as it's the first new IP from BGS in years and the interviews/concept art are really intriguing me, they haven't got to show 20 mins of gameplay to make someone hyped.

Forza Horizon 5 showed the most concrete amount of gameplay and details and I can see why it won in some ways, it just wouldn't be my pick.

Chukhopops

It's not surprising honestly, and it's true there wasn't much competition this year. I expected more out of SE and Capcom for example.

End of the year is just so stacked it's even difficult to plan it properly at this stage.
It's just the pedigree of the developer since they have made two of the best open world licences. Even if it ends up being just Skyrim in space I think it will be a hit.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I demand a drugs test from anyone who thought there was a better presentation than MS/Bethesda this year. You'd have to be taking crack to think otherwise.

The only other presentation I really liked was not even for what it showed. I liked the absolute chaos trolling by Square Enix. The bait and switch of the FF I-VI part was my moment of E3.

Top Bottom