• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD - What are your top 20 games and why?

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Wow man awesome! Way to put in an effort! Your #1 is insane, believe it or not at the moment it and AW1 are the only games i play on my new 3ds

To be fair, my list is purely alphabetical. Whatever videogame is my number one changes from day to day. If I had to pick, I usually say Ms. Pac-Man, Tetris and MULE.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not in any order. Looking at my list, looks like nothing the past 10 years hits my list (unless you count updated Skyrim).

Arcade
1. Gyruss - Fast paced action. Great looping music. Harder than it looks later
2. Operation Wolf - Real feeling rumble Uzi

Genesis
3. Streets of Rage 2 - Best beat em of the era. Incredible everything. That's what happens when a game is boosted to 16 megs
4. Shinobi III - Not as flashy as SoR 2, but my second fav Genesis game. Great music
5. NHL 95 - A console sports game with some good stats and GM options. Better than 94. Not sure why everyone likes 94 betrer

SNES
6. Contra III - First game I bought. Aside from Axelay, nothing else equaled it. Too short though
7. Axelay - My fav SNES game. Superb mode 7 special effects. A tough game on harder skill levels

PC
8. Wayne Gretzky Hockey II with sim disk - Lots stats (though glitchy), very buggy gaming (Bethesda!), but one of the best hockey games I played where you can easily adjust player ratings to make a balanced game vs. the cpu (make cpu players shoot 6+ and goalies 7-9, while you dumb down your players to 3-5 shooting and goalies at about 5-6)
9. Ultima Underworld 1/2 - While many PC gamers played Doom, I played this. Overall had the best 3D tech at the time wrapped into an RPG. Had a creepy vibe to it even though I dont think they meant it due to the darkness of the game
10. Heroes of M&M 3 Complete - My fav PC game. Played it 100s of hours. Make sure to get the Complete Edition for the random map generator. Never even touched the campaign

PS1
11. Castlevania SOTN - A simple side scroller on paper. But it was so much better than Castlevania 4. Not the hardest game. Best music I heard that era. Don't seek out cheat guides if you never played it yet. There's some cheese tactics you can do to make it easy

PS2
12. Gran Turismo 3 - Not really a racing fan, but this game blew me away. The first game I bought. Awesome 60 fps gaming (even rocking replays) and sweet old school 80s-90s rock music
13. Ace Combat 4 - Sweet 60 fps air combat. Played missions over and over again. Destroyed missions 2's Riley Airforce Base a million times
14. NFL 2k4 or 2k5 - Not really a footie fan, insane 60 fps visuals and best play by play commentating wrapped into an ESPN presentation

15. COD 4 - Aside from playing some Unreal Tournament on PC in the early 2000s, this game made me an online gamer. Probably put 500 hours into it. My go to game after dinner. Had tons of kills (and deaths!)
16. World at War - First COD game I ever played was COD 2. That game is shit compared to WAW. Most gritty COD game out there with cussing, blood, gore, and the best maps during these early COD games
17. MW 2 - On paper, better than the CODs above. Amped up production values and AC-130! Hated the Commando/Sprint mechanic some gamers used running around
18. NHL 09 - First modern day hockey game that really looked and played great. EASHL was great
19. Fallout 3 - Sunk a lot of time clearing about 80%+ of the map. Loved real time gaming + VATs + gory kills
20. Skyrim - Similar to F3. The core mechanic gets repetitive, but the scope is so cool it's worth playing a long time. Best open world WRPG. Series X (4k + 60 fps boost + mods) makes this game incredible. Much better than "up to 30 fps vanilla" console Skyrim
Shit. I forgot to put in Tekken 2 on PS1. Possibly the best fighting game I played back then. Liked it much more than SF. Oddly, I liked it better than Tekken 3 even though T3 graphics were much better than T2's chunky blocks. T2 had much better music.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Shit. I forgot to put in Tekken 2 on PS1. Possibly the best fighting game I played back then. Liked it much more than SF. Oddly, I liked it better than Tekken 3 even though T3 graphics were much better than T2's chunky blocks. T2 had much better music.
Tekken 2 is the height of the series artistically and I had the same preference when I was younger. However, the block stun and clunky 2D movement make it really hard to enjoy for a prolonged period of time unlike the arcade port of Tekken 3 inside Tekken 5 on PS2 or Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2. Have you dived back in recently or do you prefer to not tarnish your memories and stick to the newer stuff?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
1. Phantom Dust
2. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
3. Dark Souls
4. Halo CE
5. Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
6. Perfect Dark (N64)
7. Tekken 7
8. Final Fantasy XI
9. Zelda Ocarina of Time
10. The Last of Us
11. Metal Gear Solid 2
12. Sekiro
13. GTA Vice City
14. Destiny
15. Super Mario 64
16. Herzog Zwei (Sega)
17. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
18. Street Fight 2 Championship Edition
19. Tenchu Z
20. Contra

This was really hard. They are almost in order. I'd say top 10 are in order.

Edit:
FUUUUUUUCK...Mass Effect has to be in there somewhere. There's like ties in some of the ranks I feel. I cannot decide. Mass Effect 2 would be like...i dunno, number 6 or 7.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Tekken 2 is the height of the series artistically and I had the same preference when I was younger. However, the block stun and clunky 2D movement make it really hard to enjoy for a prolonged period of time unlike the arcade port of Tekken 3 inside Tekken 5 on PS2 or Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2. Have you dived back in recently or do you prefer to not tarnish your memories and stick to the newer stuff?
Havent dove back into a Tekken game since then. So I havent touched those oldies since I gave away my half broken PS1 to a coworker in 2002. I havent played a Tekken or any fighting game in 20 years except trying KI which I sucked at since I couldnt string together massive combos. The training videos made it look easy. I gave up. I couldnt string together a combo longer than probably 5 hits.

Of, forgot I bought VF4 Evolution on PS2 and dabbled with that greatest hits game for $30.

Yoshimitsu, Heihachi and Ganryu themes were great.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Weird... I could have sworn all the greatest hits versions were $20. Either I am misremembering or you got ripped off. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is fun, but I can't help going back to the original 4 for the music, balance, and Vanessa with kickboxing stance plus sports oufit. The odd outfit changes to Vanessa and Brad's default outfits relative to arcade version in Evolution just make no sense to me. At least it has Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary included.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Weird... I could have sworn all the greatest hits versions were $20. Either I am misremembering or you got ripped off. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is fun, but I can't help going back to the original 4 for the music, balance, and Vanessa with kickboxing stance plus sports oufit. The odd outfit changes to Vanessa and Brad's default outfits just make no sense to me. At least it has Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary included.

GH games were $30 in Canada.

27thmounti

Neo Member
Top 20 (no order)

Starcraft 1 & 2
- All time best RTS

Counterstrike Source
- Competitive and mods kept it fun

Super Mario RPG
- First RPG I ever played (age 8)

The Witcher 3
- Long RPG that kept me captivated till the end, Geralt's character is interesting to me,

Diablo 2
- Genre defining, The remaster is awesome

Overwatch
- Superb character design, Great team FPS

Rainbow Six Siege
- Competitive shooter that is fun with friends. Just the right amount of 'tactical'

Super Mario 64
- The standard of 3d platforming

League of Legends
- Just recently got on this train(Dec. 2020), toxic community, but fun with friends. SO many characters and play styles, endlessly replayable, highly competitive, constantly changing

Hitman 2 & Blood Money
- No other stealth game like it, interesting scenarios and great music

Super Mario Sunshine
- Great platform, but mostly nostalgia, playing this game transports me into another time. Music is unforgettable

Deus Ex
- Gameplay and story are on another level. Music is straight nostalgia.

Halo CE
- The MCC version is still worth playing through. It defined the coop shooter

Doom 1 & 2
- Hard to choose between the nostalgia of Doom 1, but the expanded levels and number of enemies from Doom 2. The gunplay will never get old. Just recently found mods like NUTS exist.

Dark Souls
- Essentially created a genre. Demon's souls is great too, but there's something about the world of Dark souls that makes me coming back every so often.

Call of Duty 4
- Great rotation of multiplayer maps and a progression system that hadn't been seen at the time

Max Payne 2
- A mix of story and gameplay that still hasn't been matched in the 3rd person shooter genre. Would like to see a remake of this with MP3 physics and graphics

Elite Dangerous
- Perfect atmosphere. My Christmas game. Relax, visit planets, make money, see galaxies. Massive game.

Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Probably mostly nostalgia, but I just played through the HD version again and there's really no game like it.

Factorio
- "The factory is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding factory"

20 is a tough list to cut it down to, but these are all games that I don't even need to be in a mood to play. They all have endless replayability.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
First videogame I ever played. Got me into high fantasy, fantasy, Zelda, and gaming.

Final Fantasy VII
Second game I ever played. Got me into RPGs, Final Fantasy, and Shonen anime.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
More OoT, but darker, and trippier. Oni Link is awesone.

Final Fantasy VI
Great story, great twist. Two overworlds, great music, iconic scenes, Kefka.

Resident Evil 4
Got me into RE. Lots of B charm. Lots or replayability. The Merchant. Mercenaries.

The Last of Us
Great writing and story, great visuals. Zombie apocalypse with a twist. Well integrated non forced representation.

Silent Hill 2
One of the GOATS.

Silent Hill 3
Solid continuation of SH1, gorey, macabre, visually stunning for it's era, Akira Yamaoka's best work in sound and music.

Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
Fantastic return to form.

Kingdom Hearts II
Air tight action RPG with loads of extra content, Final Fantasy x Disney, Yoko Shimomura is amazing.

Mass Effect 2
The best ME game. Best squad, best quests, best DLC, Afterlife is a banger.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
What everyone else says about it. It's great. Lost Woods theme gives me nostalgia goosebumps, and I wasn't even a gamer when it came out.

That's all I got.

Edit: Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and Super Metroid are pretty great, too.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
In order

StarCraft
Half-Life 2
Witcher 3
Persona 3
The Last of Us Part 2
Persona 5
Diablo 2
Batman Arkham City
Jedi Outcast
Doom
Metal Gear Solid 3
Sonice the Hedgehog
Fable 2
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 2
Zork
Diablo
Skyrim
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Diablo 3
Forza Horizon 3
Honorable Mention:
Dangonronpa

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Top 10 in order, 11-20 randomly. And they're my favourite games because they're all bloody excellent!

1. Doom 93
2. Crazy Taxi 1
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Super Mario Bros 2
5. Batman nes
6. Streets of Rage 2
7. Mortal Kombat 2
8. Sonic the Hedgehog
9. Half Life 2
10. F.E.A.R

11. Splinter Cell
12. Astrobot Rescue Mission
13. Ridge Racer Type 4
14. Actraiser
15. Mercs
16. Little Nightmares 2
17. World of Illusion
18. Ori & the Blind Forest
19. Portal
20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nes

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Top 20 in no particular order:

Dragon Force
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Super Mario Kart
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Final Fantasy IV
Halo
Dark Souls
River City Ransom
Metroid Prime
Shadow of the Colossus
Street Fighter II
Streets of Rage 2
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Zelda: Link to the Past
Jet Set Radio
Bayonetta 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Super Mario World
Morrowind

Last edited:

Paasei

This was easier than I expected. My own enthusiasm about these games do make my reasons for liking time not very constructive, but at least you have your twenty games and why. It's not in any order, which is why there are no numbers.

Thief 2 - Why I like these kind of games so much is that they have good stealth mechanics AND give me lots of freedom in how I want to play. The only real limitations are what is possible within the technology of the time and some set boundaries, like the map. This whole thing can be applied to plenty of games on my list.

Hitman Blood Money - The best puzzle game in my favorite franchise. Also see Thief 2

Hitman 3 (new trilogy) - Even more and new shit compared to Blood Money. Also see Thief 2

Dishonored - See Thief 2

Fallout 3/NV - my mood decides which one I like more at a certain time. The vibe in these games are still unmatched and mods man, moooods.

Deus Ex - Amazing vibe, great story and advanced freedom of play for its time.

Call of Duty 4 (promod) - Everything that was good about the game when it comes to Multiplayer, became even better in promod. I even managed to win a few (LAN) tournaments with my team. The best CoD ever made.

KotoR - The only good BioWare game and it was fantastic. True masterpiece of an RPG.

Super Mario World - My favorite platformer. I was in awe finding out about the many secret/hidden exits and levels.

Aladdin (Snes) - A surprising one here. As a kid this was one of the first games I ever finished. It is still a family tradition between my dad, brother and myself to complete this game once a year during a nice night of family gathering. Mostly emotional value.

System Shock 2 - Such an unique game in every way. Also a bit of Thief 2 applies here as will the next.

Prey (reboot) - Phenomal game, amazing setting, innovative weapons and powers. Also quite a lot of them. All that to allow you to be creative and solve situations in unique ways. It also has, in my opinion obviously, the best DLC in any game ever: Mooncrash.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - Same as the very first game. An example of where bigger/more is better.

World of Warcraft (till and including WotLK) - One of the best gaming experiences that I have had. Met so many people that I also ended up meeting IRL. Great content and fun classes to play.

Quake 3/live - Almost put as many hours into this than I have in CoD4. An absolute masterpiece of an FPS. A shame I never got as good at it as I had wanted. I still believe this game has one of the highest skill ceiling in any game ever.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 - Even today this game is still a blast to play. These mechanics never grow old. With a huge community behind it now creating OpenRCT2, it will remain better than ever before. Just relax and build your cool park, or kill everyone.

Spyro the Dragon (original trilogy) - Love these games. The first 3D platformers I ever 100% completed. Been playing the remake not too long ago and still enjoyed every single second of these old gems.

Age of Empires 2 - The only RTS I thorougly enjoy. I only play on huge maps against bots and with cheats. I can't win otherwise. I'm the worst RTS player you can imagine, but I can enjoy just slowly building up my own town and army to play like Switzerland: Only react when attacked.

Uncharted 2 - This is a game that converts a true movie adventure to a game, while you are still actually playing it. Great setting, great characters, very enjoyable gameplay and a proper story.

Bloodborne - My personal introduction to the From Sofware games and a fan of them ever since. Yet not a single game from these devs have made me love it over Bloodborne. I guess it's just a coincidence that this was my first experience with their games. Could've gone any other way, probably.

Orta

Banned
Aladdin (Snes) - A surprising one here. As a kid this was one of the first games I ever finished. It is still a family tradition between my dad, brother and myself to complete this game once a year during a nice night of family gathering. Mostly emotional value.

I loved that game. Used to rent it all the time at the video store. It was so much better than the MD version.

hqdefault.jpg

SpiceRacz

Super Mario 64 - This game not only inspired just about everything that came after it, it informed 3D game design as a whole. It's remarkable that Nintendo didn't just make a competent translation of Mario to 3D, they fucking nailed it on their first try. It's as important to the history of video games as the original Mario Bros imo. Never has a game felt like such a gigantic leap from one generation to the next. Sometimes I feel like I'm still playing video games purely because I'm chasing the feeling this game gave me when I first experienced it.

Shenmue - This game really stretched the boundaries of what the medium was capable of. It feels dated now, but it pushed the industry forward as much as any other game at the time. I bought and played through it shortly after launch and I'll probably never play it again. It was a special experience and I think I need to preserve that memory as it was.

Super Mario Galaxy - Galaxy is perfect. Nothing about this game should have worked. Mario in outerspace? Manuevering Mario around 3D spheres with a fucking nunchuck and remote? Bizarre physics and camera angles that are almost nausea inducing? Nothing about this game is conventional and yet, it not only works, it's maybe, the best 3D platformer game ever made. Nintendo swung for the fences here and that's when they're at their best.

Mega Man 2 - This one is hard to articulate why it's so special. Mega Man 2 is not exceptional in that the level design is pretty simplistic. The bosses are not crazy difficult. It's visually inferior to some of the later MM games on NES. You can really breeze through it if you know what you're doing. With all that said, to me it's Mega Man in it's best/purest form. It's simplistic like the original without the insane difficulty and more interesting levels. It doesn't hurt that it has one of the best soundtracks ever.

Chrono Trigger - Not a lot to be said about this one. Chrono Trigger nails every aspect of a great RPG - story, characters, dialogue, battle system, etc. The story moves along at a brisk pace and can be completed rather quickly. Chrono Trigger is the perfect RPG with all the fat trimmed off.

Virtua Tennis - In typical Sega fashion, they took a very simple concept and made it incredibly deep yet accessible. This is still the gold standard of tennis games. Sega released several sequels and none of them have touched the original. I still to this day cannot beat the final challenge in the world tour mode, yet I'm still playing through it annually and I will probably never stop.

Castlevania SoTN - Super Metroid set the standard and SoTN elevated the genre to another level - Larger map, more enemies, voice acting, experience system, more items, etc. Several have come close, but none have achieved the level of SoTN.

Donkey Kong 94 (GameBoy) - Donkey Kong 94 throws you for a loop - It quickly goes from the original 3 levels of arcade Donkey Kong, into a really challenging puzzle platformer. There's 50+ levels here and the game is constantly throwing new mechanics at you. It's an incredibly challenging and unique take on my favorite arcade game of all time.

Fallout 3 - I will never get tired of wandering the wasteland.

Super Mario Bros 3 - Super Mario World is overrated.

Finishing off my top 20:

11. Super Mario RPG
12. Cuphead
13. Super Mario 3D World
14. Zelda Link's Awakening
15. Into The Breach
16. Ninja Gaiden Black
17. Dark Souls 2 SoTFS
18. Earthbound
19. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
20. Super Castlevania 4

Honorable mentions:

Bonk's Revenge
Ghouls N Ghosts (sega genesis)
Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)
Jet Grind Radio
Fez
Marble Madness (NES)
Shovel Knight
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Super Metroid
Streets of Rage 2
NHL 94

T8SC

A range of games from various systems including the NES, SNES, PS1, PS3, PS Vita, PC & Amiga.

• Final Fantasy VII (1997)
  • Tomb Raider (1996)
  • Tomb Raider II
  • Resident Evil Remake
  • Resident Evil 2 (1998)
  • Turrican II: The Final Fight
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Half Life
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Persona 4: Golden
  • G-Police
  • Soviet Strike
  • Twisted Metal 2: World Tour
  • Tekken 2
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • TMNT IV - Turtles In Time
Not in order.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
In no particular order, just off the top of my head

1. Metal Gear Solid
  2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
  3. Deus Ex
  4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
  5. Ninja Gaiden Black
  6. System Shock 2
  7. Fallout: New Vegas
  8. Wipeout HD
  9. Duke Nukem 3D
  10. Doom 2: Hell on Earth
  11. Half-Life
  12. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  13. Bloodborne
  14. Mortal Kombat 2011
  15. Sonic Mania
  16. Resident Evil REmake
  17. Resident Evil 2 REmake
  18. Tomb Raider (Original)
  19. Medievil
  20. Final Fantasy VIII

Left off a looooooooooooooooot of good games. Feels bad man.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I must admit that looking back at my top 20 I should've included Tony Hawks 3 as I love that game. But then I also should've included SSX Tricky as well and also Doom 2 and a bunch of others. My top 20 could've included over 100 games to be honest!

For me the thing about Doom2 is that I don't even like Doom 2 itself that much. I felt Doom 1 had better levels.

But Doom 2 with its Super Shotgun, Archvile, and whatnot is the base for all the wads that I've put hundreds of hours into. Its kinda like with Half-Life, but I actually do like Half-Life's campaign a good bit.

This is hard

1. Rocket League - with thousands of hours in the game id be lying to myself if it wasn't number 1
2. Metal Gear Solid 3 - felt like gaming perfection to me
3. Metal Gear Solid - played it after MGS2 but it was still incredible
4. Metal Gear Solid 2 - my first MGS game and it blew my mind
5. GTA3 - an absolute earthquake of a game and truly one of the GOATs
6. God of War 2018 - one of my favourite games ever made
7. The Last of Us - so impactful
8. Bioshock - nothing else like it
9. Half Life 2 - only just below Bioshock
10. Final Fanasty VII - introduced me to RPGs and was my GOAT for many years
11.World of Warcraft - I never even hit level 60 and did raids or stuck around for expansions but I have very fond memories of WOW Vanilla
12. ICO - hard to to really speak to how unique and different it was to everything else at the time. A lot of games have been inspired by it
13. Shadow of the Colossus - i think still unmatched for epic scale
14. Chronicles of Riddick - this game blew my mind at the time and I just love prison settings
15. Batman Arkham Asylum - similar to above
16. Demons Souls - my first souls and still my favourite
17. Jak and Daxter Precursors Legacy - my favourite platformer of all time everything about it vibes with me
18. TMNT Turtles in Time - I was a bit young for any SNES and NES games to really impact me but this game was my jam
19. Devil May Cry - I find character action games mostly tiresome these days but I can't deny the first DMC just blew me away. I rented it not knowing anything about it and the control of the character just felt unreal
20. GTASA - need to fit this in. Was probably the most hyped I ever was for a game release and it totally delivered
System Shock 2?

sn0man

1. Super Mario Bros
  2. Mega Man 2
  3. Dr. Mario
  4. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
  5. Virtua Fighter
  6. Doom
  7. Counterstrike
  8. Gran Turismo 3
  9. Halo
  10. Mario Kart 64
  11. Hades
  12. Diablo II
  13. TLOU
  14. Mario 64
  15. The Legend of Zelda
  16. TLOZ Breath of the Wild
  17. Demon’s Souls
  18. Forza Motorsport 4
  19. Advance Wars
  20. Metroid 2 Return of Samus

stn

I'll include brief reasons as it would take way too long otherwise.

1. Ninja Gaiden Black (XBox) - It's the perfect action game. Great combat, controls, levels, aesthetic, and sublime music.
2. Morrowind - GOTY Edition (XBox) - This was previously my favorite game ever. It might still be. Probably clocked over 1,000 hours.
3. Deus-Ex (PC) - See: avatar. JCD is a badass. Great story and amazing music. Great freedom.
4. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo/HDR (PC/XBLA) - My crowning achievement in gaming as I have beaten some famous players before.
5. Star Wars: KOTOR (XBox) - Still the best plot twist in gaming.
6. Ultra Street Fighter IV (X360/PS4) - I really didn't like the focus attack at first but the whole game REALLY grew on me. Also, it has Dee-Jay.
7. Nioh (PS4) - Spent about 500 hours grinding for loot.
8. Dragon Age: Origins (X360) - Just a superb RPG. I miss this style of RPG games.
9. Street Fighter X Tekken (X360) - Possibly the best roster in a fighting game ever.
10. Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - My favorite platformer.
11. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (N64) - Another timeless wrestling game.
12. Shenmue 2 (XBox) - A real adventure. Amazing music, story, and one of the best bromances in gaming.
13. Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - The essential third-person action title. I beat it at least 5 times.
14. Super Mario World (SNES) - Its a perfect platformer and still holds up.
15. Perfect Dark (N64) - The controls have aged poorly but the gameplay still holds up.
16. Yakuza 2 (PS2) - I love the story.
17. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (XBO) - I've never seen a game with better attention to detail.
18. Super Mario 64 (N64) - I still remember playing it for the first time.
19. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - Another perfect platformer.
20. WWF No Mercy (N64) - A timeless wrestling game that is still amazing.

There are so many games that could easily make this list. And really, up until making this list I had Morrowind as my #1. It might still be, I don't know.

Pandora's Tower
Folklore
Kingdom Underfire Circle of Doom
Ninja Blade
Fatal Frame Series
Onimusha Series
Kuon
Haunting Ground
Clocktower 3
OZ
Dante's Inferno
Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga
Bloodborne
Demon's Souls OG
Lord of Apocalypse
Lords of the Fallen
Crystar
Dragon's Dogma
Toukiden 2
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus

If I had to pick off the top of my head; but this may be a definitive list for me.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
First videogame I ever played. Got me into high fantasy, fantasy, Zelda, and gaming.

Final Fantasy VII
Jesus dude, you're the luckiest bastard alive.
How did gaming ever satisfy you again after such a start?

Pandora's Tower
Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Jesus dude, you're the luckiest bastard alive.
How did gaming ever satisfy you again after such a start?

Looking back on it with twenty+ years of retrospect, I can definitely see how much of a lucky fluke it was, haha. I was introduced to Zelda by a friend, but I distinctly remember going to an EB Games at my local mall, picking up Final Fantasy VII from the shelf, and being like "Oh, this looks kind of cool,"

With my level of gaming knowledge back then, I could have walked out of that store with literally fucking anything, but I chose that game. I applaud my younger self.

FunkMiller

In no particular order:

Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
The Last Of Us
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy 7
Tomb Raider (Core)
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 7
Portal 2
P.T
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Last Guardian
Dead Space

… that’s only 19 though. Genuinely couldn’t decide on a 20th 🤣

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
In no particular order:

Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
The Last Of Us
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy 7
Tomb Raider (Core)
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 7
Portal 2
P.T
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Last Guardian
Dead Space

… that’s only 19 though. Genuinely couldn’t decide on a 20th 🤣

I've purchased fifteen of those, I approve.

Great Hair

Banned
20. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Yelling San Francisco GIF by MLB

So many great IPS ... DMC3, Shenmue 12, Yakuza, Genji, Front Mission, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve 12, Alundra, Dragon Warrior, FFXII, Guild Wars, Lotro, WoW, Quake Arena for DC, PSO for DC, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, RRT4, Max Payne 123, Gran Turismo, Driver 12, ICO123, Sly Cooper, Jak&Daxter 123, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet&Clank, Mario64, Zelda64, Metroid, F-Zero, Wipeout, Final Doom, Beneath a Steel Sky, Astrobot, PornVR, A-train, Midnight Club, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 13, Demon´s Souls, Bouncer, FF7, FFT, modderfokking Soul Reaver 12, Ace Combat, Road Rash, Outrun, Viewtiful joe, Burnout, GTA3VCSA4, Mosquito, Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil, Klonoa, .hack, getaway, motorstorm, twisted metal, virtua striker, virtua figher, tenchu, grandia, breath of fire, suikoden 1235, persona, bushido blade 12, xenogears, megaman, tom braider 123 PSX, Castlevania SOTN, Vagrant Story, MGS3124, SSX, God of War, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill 123, Socom, MAG, Hitman, Addidas power soccer ...

Stephen Colbert No GIF
Sad GIF

I am sure I have forgotten more than I remembered, but this is truly ‘top of the head’ and in no order…

Ultima Underworld 2
Mass Effect 2
Halo MCC
Pilotwings 64
International Superstar Soccer 64
Super Tennis
Conker remake
Borderlands 2
Witcher 3
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Forza Horizon 4
Madden 92
Streets of Rage
Championship Manager (not sure which year)
System Shock
Fallout 3
Diablo 3
Planescape : Torment
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Banjo Kazooie

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Yelling San Francisco GIF by MLB

So many great IPS ... DMC3, Shenmue 12, Yakuza, Genji, Front Mission, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve 12, Alundra, Dragon Warrior, FFXII, Guild Wars, Lotro, WoW, Quake Arena for DC, PSO for DC, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, RRT4, Max Payne 123, Gran Turismo, Driver 12, ICO123, Sly Cooper, Jak&Daxter 123, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet&Clank, Mario64, Zelda64, Metroid, F-Zero, Wipeout, Final Doom, Beneath a Steel Sky, Astrobot, PornVR, A-train, Midnight Club, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 13, Demon´s Souls, Bouncer, FF7, FFT, modderfokking Soul Reaver 12, Ace Combat, Road Rash, Outrun, Viewtiful joe, Burnout, GTA3VCSA4, Mosquito, Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil, Klonoa, .hack, getaway, motorstorm, twisted metal, virtua striker, virtua figher, tenchu, grandia, breath of fire, suikoden 1235, persona, bushido blade 12, xenogears, megaman, tom braider 123 PSX, Castlevania SOTN, Vagrant Story, MGS3124, SSX, God of War, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill 123, Socom, MAG, Hitman, Addidas power soccer ...

Stephen Colbert No GIF
Sad GIF

Very high marks for the Giants/Logan Webb gif.

T0minator

Almost 30 years in gaming I've got ALOT to choose from!!

I love this topic to see other games I may have missed out on and I hate this topic for making me choose lol

Sonic Spinball (first game addiction)

Super Mario 64 (first game that amazed me)

MGS1 (I loved everything about it)

Zelda OoT (great gaming adventure)

God of War (2005) (got me to love Greek mythology)

Cod:MW (made me enjoy online play)

Tekken Tag Tournament (arcade glorydays)

Lumines ( gaming addiction returns)

Uncharted 4 (concluded a series beautifully)

Fuzion Frenzy (my gf and I's go to still)

NFL Blitz (only sports game I enjoyed)

Resident Evil 1 (the original storyline is still legendary)

Astros Playroom (brought back memories that made this game in itself memorable ...for free)

Ridge Racer Type 4 (perfect soundtrack)

Guitar Hero (gaming addiction again!)

The Last of Us 2(the struggle felt by the characters and brutal combat is unmatched)

X-Men vs Street Fighter (a dream game I didn't know I wanted)

God of War (a redesign and restructuring executed perfectly)

Super Mario Kart 64 (first game I played on the couch with friends)

Time Crisis 2 (if I ever see this in an arcade I stop what I'm doing and play it)

There's obviously plenty more....but these made my gaming life up until this point ☝🏼

Fools idol

Banned
Ooooof. This took several hours to get in order. I would say the top 5 are pretty interchangeable, I love them equally for different reasons outlined.

1. Counter Strike - Versions and differences between them have been argued to the ends of the earth but this for me is the definitive competitive shooter game. It's skill ceiling is infinite, it's depth is infinite, and it's fun is still to this day unmatched. It's been my go-to game almost every day since I was 13 years old. Current version (CSGO) is extremely addictive with the matchmaker. I have put something like 50,000 hours into all the various versions over the past 15 years or so. The LAN parties, the friends made, the late nights spent... easily my #1. And I still suck at it. I think if I am true to myself version 1.5 was my favourite for it's competitive scene, the LAN parties and the wall banging and bunny hopping gameplay that was removed from later iterations.

2. Dark Souls -Very little to say other than I think this is the best dark fantasy RPG ever made. The mystery of it's world, the superb gameplay, the haunting music and the genius online mechanics all meld together to make this special. The weekend this came out we had a huge snow storm and I just remember drinking coffee and eating chocolate for like 48 hours while being absolutely engrossed in it's magic.

3. Demons Souls - Much as above, only second to Dark Souls as the formula was perfected. The remake is by far my favourite version, which I know some purists wont agree with.

4. DotA 2 - When you get a good party going who knows what they are doing this is arguably the best multiplayer game of all time. It's complexity is absolutely insane, and Icefrog is a genius whoever he is. I put a disgusting amount of hours into this game during the pandemic.

5. Final Fantasy 9 - I choke up a little whenever I hear the theme because it reminds me of my grandfather being sick and passing away but will always have a special spot on my list for the fact that it's an excellent overall experience. It's far from a perfect jRPG but it got my 9 year old self through the grief and.. yeah.

6. Resident Evil 1 (Ps1 original) - That. Fucking. Head. Turn.

7. Divinity: Original Sin 2. Oh boy where to start with this one. I initially hated it, as they changed the way that armour / magic / physical mechanics worked from the original game. Once I got over that gripe and realised the quality of this game I was sucked in harder than <insert blowjob joke here>. The combat is subllime, turn based RPG at its finest, and a wonderful replay value thanks to a truly 'do anything you want' sandbox dealio. The co-op ability, and the game master modes are terrific.

8. Vampire: TMBL. That meme that goes around about reinstalling it is me every Christmas holiday.

9. Dishonoured 1&2 and all DLC's. Combining the greatest immersive sim of all time into one as it was too hard to break them apart. Just wonderful. I had never heard of Arkane Studios until playing this, and was absolutely floored that they had created the best Thief game ever out of the fucking blue. Bonus for being the series that got my wife into gaming.

10. Breath of the wild - I know, cliché, whatever. Not even the best Zelda, whatever. But I loved the shit out of this world and its gameplay was so relaxing and fun. My nephew is also a huge fan and, thanks to uncle here, will be there at the midnight launch for BotW2. This was his '7 year olds first experience of a real game' and his life forever made similar to my own, heh.

11. XCom 2 - the long war mod. Those who know, know.

12. TLOU 2 - I was in the seeming minority that actually loved this way more than I ever did the original. The characters, the story, the insane level of detail in the world, and most of all the cinematic experience of it. Sometimes, I don't mind when games are more like movies than games - if it's done as well as this was.

13. Red Dead Redemption 2. IMho the greatest open world, story driven game ever created. I was immersed so heavily that I forgot to eat for an entire day.

14. Witcher 2. May raise a few eyebrows but I did not like the open world gameplay of W3. I also think the linear focus of 2 was far superior.

15. Starcraft: Broodwar. Ahhhh, my college years, and pre-family life. Narrated by Day-9

16. Silent Hill 2. Easily the best horror game ever made, but much lower on the list due to resident evil having far better polished gameplay in my humble opinion.

17. Mass effect 2. This for me was the peak of modern bioware RPG's, and gone into the ether forever after it ended.

18. Baldurs gate 2. The best cRPG by far on DnD rules, I recently replayed the shit out of it.

19. Bioshock 1. Gameplay is mediocre at best but the story and world was enthralling. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't yet played this to give it a shot.

20. Dragon quest 11. The soundtrack is ass but I think this is my favourite jRPG ever.

Honourable mentions / almost made the list:

- Disco Elysium
- Final Fantasy 7
- PoE 2 : Deadfire
- Wasteland 3
- Fallout 2

I feel like the above didn't make the list because they are quite similar to games I liked more for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Woffls

Satisfactory
Civilisation VI
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes 😏
Metal Gear Solid 2
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Mario Kart 8
Dark Souls
Medieval II Total War
Guitar Hero II
Metroid Prime
Mass Effect
Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario TTYD
Project Gotham Racing 3
Hitman Blood Money
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Titanfall 2
Halo 3
Mario 64

Shout out to the Worms franchise for being fun forever, Max Payne, Perfect Dark, Portal 2.

e:
and why? oof. who knows. impeccable taste? Twin Snakes is better don’t @ me bro

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

Final Fantasy VII
Got damn! That's like losing your virginity to two super-models.

OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD:

(In no particular order)

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas
4. Super Mario 64
5. Xenogears
6. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
7. Metal Gear Solid
8. Dolphin Blue
9. Crackdown (xbox 360)
10. Mega Man 2
11. Final Fantasy Tactics
12. Double Dragon III (nes)
13. Fallout 3
14. Suikoden III
15. Grand Theft Auto III
16. Super Mario Bros. 2
17. Street Fighter 2 (arcade)
18. Xenoblade
19. Panzer Dragoon Saga
20. Captain Commando (arcade)

In no particular order:
  • Super Mario World
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mischief Makers
  • Sly Cooper and the Thevious Raccoonus
Because of their incredibly high replay value and fun gameplay.
  • Minecraft
You can do almost ANYTHING. and every experience is different. it actually manages to be fun imo. while i tend to get incredibly bored with other game like it.
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
  • Megaman Starforce
  • Megaman Starforce 3
  • Mother 3
  • Paper Mario TTYD
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Pokemon Black & White
Amazing Stories, enough said.
  • Earthbound
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Good stories, not as good as the previous ones, but i love them regardless, fun gameplay too.

tbf i haven't played enough games that i could easily consider "My favourite" but these are all pretty good.

Last edited:
Redundant thread, I know. I don't care

What's your top 20 games? Don't think too much about it. No honorable mentions. Nobody is gonna call the video game forum police if you forget about Killer 7 or something.

Just list the first twenty that come to mind. It's okay to leave something out.

Oh also just a brief sentence or two, or even a paragraph about each game would be aces.
2. Tekken 7

th

Even with my small nitpicks - Tekken 7 is the best Tekken, hands down. It's rare when a game can override my near impregnable sense of nostalgia for prior entries - but Tekken 7 is the one. Game is insanely well balanced despite having a roster which is nearly as large as the first Tekken Tag Tournament. The mechanics are slick, and the game plays very fast. One wrong move and your opponent is gonna eat out your butthole straight up. I will admit, I'm not a fan of gaudy-ass out of place DLC characters like Noctis and Negan... but I hope newcomers like Lucky Chloe and Lidia are around for a long time moving forward. They're super fun to fight against (I'm an Asuka/Paul player). Tekken just rules, man, and this is the best one. Easily. I'm assuming they're gonna reboot the series after this. Just call it "Tekken" and call it a day. Tekken 7's story mode's plotline is convoluted as heck, and being forced to play as characters I don't like is a total no-go for me. I love that they continue to support the game years after initial release.
I only bought Tekken 7 because of Leroy and Noctis; not that big of a Tekken fan, and I had just gotten a new TV so I wanted to spend some money. I have just been messing around with treasure battles because storymode is not good in Tekken 7.

I don't really like how Noctis plays.

I was surprised how "Flashy" the overall game of Tekken 7 is.

I don't do an off the top of my head list. I have tracked the games I've played since I was a kid. If we go off the ratings I gave them at whatever age in my life I was... it goes as follows.

1. Final Fantasy 6 (3). I've always loved how important each character felt to this game, the great little stories, the incredible music, atma weapon. It will probably always be the highest ranked in my heart.

2. Super Mario 64. I don't think this needs an explaination. It was revolutionary, the level design was fun, more fun than modern renditions, who doesn't love 3d ice slides? Some of the music is still classic to this day.

3. Tribes 2. The weirdest kid in my school played this religiously, and I was really skeptical about it because of that. After 9/11, I wanted something to take my mind off of it. The first map I played.... was Twin Towers, a dedication map. I loved the controls, teamwork, and organization that went into play Tribes 2; the movement itself has always been something I loved. I went on to be on top tier CTF and Arena teams, and I have nothing but fond memories of this game. RIP Sludge Slinger and Covert 22.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. - When I scored this a perfect score, as the other games above, I kind of hated myself for it. I'm actually not that big of a Zelda fan, but when I played through it, I just couldn't find a flaw. It's not even a game that I want to go back and replay.

5. The Legend of Zelda: OOT. I do think TP is slightly better, but only slightly. Mostly the same comments as #4.

6. Overwatch: This is my final game that scored a perfect score, and the most recent. I think Overwatch, over time, has strayed from the reasons I gave it a perfect score for the sake of their chase of the PROFESSIONAL BALANCE that distracted them away from their vision. Imbalanced games ARE fun, but it gets lost in the crying.

7. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. I have a strong history of playing MMORPGs. Everquest, Asheron's Call 2, Star Wars Galaxies [/cry], World of Warcraft for the last 16 years, but never would I have thought that I would be so riveted by the story of Shadowbringers, just an expansion pack, that it would become one of my favorite all time greats. This is one of the best stories ever presented in gaming, and it should not be missed. Soken does an incredible job with the soundtrack.

8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Oh look, another Zelda game, but this is the only one I truly hold nostalgia for, and think of replaying. Something about that 16bit music and childhood all wrapped into one.

9. Final Fantasy IV (2): I don't think this game ever had quite the character design that 6 did, but it's the basis of what 6 really is, and it has a very enjoyable story, characters, and memorable moments.

10. Final Fantasy VIII: I don't know how I feel about this ranking at this point in time. I liked it better than 7. I like the basis of the story, even though it goes off the rails by the end. The character of Edea is quite amazing, and I did essentially everything possible in this game. This game introduced Tetramaster.

11. Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. I think this is an "at this point in time game". In the modern world I find this game too slow, and too clunky compared to Starcraft 2. I loved how it had hero characters with skills to level up. It had a fun and fantastical story with satisfying cinematics, and it was easy to like or dislike the characters. This is something that WoW has largely failed to do through its entire 16 years.

12. Sacrifice: This is a PC game that was a hybrid RTS game mixed with I guess elements of a third person adventure game. It had a branching storyline, an incredible magic system, and one of a kind gameplay, and Tim Curry.

13. The World Ends With You: Innovative, amazing soundtrack, solid story. I haven't played 2 yet.

14. Journey: It's Journey.

15. Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void: I scored this really highly, I think because of the difficulty of the missions, and because I was very satisfied with how Stacraft 2 has built into a well rounded game.
16. Final Fantasy 7: I'm a FF fan, what can I say? Uematsu is just a master of music, and I'm fairly confident that it's what he did that made all the early games so special.

17. NieR Automata: Platinum games is one of my favorite developers because of their excellent game controls, and this game really soaked in the atmosphere between its world design, music, and story.

18. Zeus: Master of Olympus: I haven't found a city builder that has topped this. It has been installed on every single one of my computers.

19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I've played Daggerfall, Morrowwind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but why does Skyrim get the best spot? Because of its environment and its music. I am a sucker for snow and mountains.

20. Heroes of Might and Magic 3: How could you kill such an incredible series Ubisoft?

What of these games would I actually remove from this list from a retrospective view? OOT, Twlight Princess, and Legacy of the void.
In their place I would put Civilization 4, Diddy Kong Racing, and Half Life 2.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I only bought Tekken 7 because of Leroy and Noctis; not that big of a Tekken fan, and I had just gotten a new TV so I wanted to spend some money. I have just been messing around with treasure battles because storymode is not good in Tekken 7.

I don't really like how Noctis plays.

I was surprised how "Flashy" the overall game of Tekken 7 is.
Hearing about how well received Tekken 7 is feels like rubbing salt in the wound given its numerous downgrades from previous installments.

sedg87

Banned
1. Final Fantasy VII
Adore everything about it. Story, music, characters and minigames. First time I shed a tear playing a game and the only game I've ever played for a full day without a break. That was back on December 31st 1999. I was racing my chocobos at the Gold Saucer while the fireworks were going off outside.

2. Resident Evil / Remake
My first console was the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) but I never played a single 'horror' game on it, so when I finally played my first in the form of the original RE I was blown away. I'm cheating by listing both the original and Remake but I can never seperate my love for them.

Those are my absolutely two favourite games of all time and I don't think that will ever change. Pretty much my favourite series too. The only series I pay attention to outside of the games in things like movies and merchandise.

3. Resident Evil 4
The only game I've ever imported...I was that excited. I'm currently playing through it (on PS5) for the...errrm, can't remember how many times I've played it. There's a couple of decidedly ropey moments and poor design choices by todays standards but they don't detract from the overall experience.

4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Played this a few months ago and it still holds up. Incredible atmosphere, music and the gameplay is perfect.

5. Final Fantasy X
Doesn't quite reach the standard of VII for me, but it's incredible in its own right. Some of the minigames casn be infuriating tho'...

6. Resident Evil 2
The original. A big upgrade over the original in a lot of areas, but I prefer the original for the characters and setting.

7. Alundra
Lazily written off as a Zelda clone. It's probably one of the hardest games I've played because I'm rubbish with puzzles. Had to use a guide to get past a couple.

8. Suikoden 2
Those map battles were awesome. Enjoyed having such a large roster of characters. Luca Blight was a great villain...right nasty little bast...guy.

9. Breath of Fire 3
I so wish Capcom would bring BoF back. Some great systems in this game like the masters. Great party of characters that all felt really unique.

10. Devil May Cry 3
The best game in the DMC series. The weapons alone make it my favourite entry. Incredible boss fights and a pretty good story.

The other ten games are:

11. The Last of Us
12. Metal Gear Solid
13. Metal Gear Solid 3
14. Onimusha
15. Bioshock
16. Ninja Gaiden Black
17. Visage
18. Kingdom Hearts
19. Streets of Rage
20. Monster Rancher

Had a tough time making this list. A couple of the bottom entries only just made it in. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, Phantasmagoria and one of the old Smackdown games narrowly missed out.

IKSTUGA

Without looking and in no particular order:
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst
  • NieR: Replicant
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Dark Souls
  • Resident Evil 2: Remake
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Pokemon Emerald
  • Rock Band 4 (stock tracks are not my favorite, but it has all the dlc from past games and more!)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Street Fighter IV (any version)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • The Last of Us: Part 2
  • Devil May Cry V: Special Edition
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Metroid Dread (still in the honeymoon phase, but it's so fucking good!)
  • Tales of Arise (same as above, I mean I loved Symphonia as a kid, but Arise is just so much better)
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
I put in one game per series to make it a bit more interesting.

Mars2003

Neo Member
Couldn't really put these in a real order of preference as time hasn't been kind on some of them.
  1. Halo CE/02/03/ODST/04/05
  2. Desert Strike
  3. Half life 1/2
  4. Gears of War
  5. Exhumed (Power Slave) on Saturn
  6. Duke Nukem (Saturn)
  7. Magic Carpet
  8. X-Wing
  9. Unreal
  10. Doom 1 & 2
  11. Mass Effect 1/2/3
  12. Control
  13. Star Wars Jedi Academy
  14. Tomb Rader 1 (Saturn)
  15. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  16. Doom Eternal
  17. G-Police (PS1)
  18. Fallout 3
  19. Fable 1
  20. Sega Rally (Saturn)

Deanington

Morrowind
Halo
Jet Set Radio Future
Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Super Mario Bros 1-3
Mario 64
Phantasy Star
Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy 3
Q-Bert
KOTOR
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell CT
WOW
Magic Arena
Battlefield 3
Tony Hawk pro skater 1-4
Silent Hill 2
FF 7

EDIT: I was going to edit and take out Q-bert for Fable. I also wanted to add Beautiful Katamari but then it wouldnt be a true off the top of my head. Lists change though and I could add plenty more.

Last edited:
20 is a lot, let's see...

Baldur's Gate 1+2
Blazblue (all of them)
Borderlands 2
Chrono Trigger
Darksiders 2
Dungeon Keeper
Golden Axe
Grim Dawn
Grandia 2
Guardian Heroes
Shining Force 3
Supreme Commander: FA
Tales of Eternia (undub; otherwise, fantastic game, with the worst English dub I've ever heard)
Tales of Symphonia
Terraria
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (both the original and the remake)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC version)
Warcraft 2
Warhammer Vermintide (mostly the first one)
Xenogears

Jsisto

In no particular order except for Skies of Arcadia, which is the indisputable number one for me. Cannot even begin to describe how happy this game makes me and how I would literally be brought to tears if they ever announce a remake/remaster or sequel.

Skies of Arcadia
Xenoblade Chronicles
Okami
Killer 7
Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
Metroid Prime
Phantasy Star Online
Resident Evil 4
Life is Strange
Ocarina of Time
Earthbound
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Chrono Trigger
Psychonauts
Super Mario Galaxy
Hollow Knight
Banjo Kazooie
Ogre Battle 64
Baten Kaitos Origins
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - Hugely underrated classic that is probably unknown to most people.

Special shoutout for Mischief Makers. Hope it eventually gets its day in the spotlight on switchs N64 selections.

Last edited:
Top Bottom