• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnNamed

Banned
The funny thing is even Ree users acknowledge Resetera have a bad reputation over the internet.
The obvious response from the site: IMPOSSIBRU!

I wonder when the game industry will openly distance themself from that toxic community. Because they still believe they are the most important community online, and what is worse, many people still believe this.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
I imagine the game industry already does distance themselves from Resetera, but because Publishers have this irrational fear of being called "racist" by losers on the internet, developers are forced to follow corporate orders.

It also doesn't help that there are game studios out there who are sipping the SJW kool-aid when they should be focusing on just making games. Case and point, Sony having gone batshit insane and ramping up censorship of Japanese games because the cancer known as California has told them it's for the good of the #metoo movement.

I've accepted a long time ago that the Western game industry is slowly lost. All I can hope for are Eastern Game Studios don't bow down to the SJW bastards but believe you me, the SJW's on Resetera are working over time to make that happen. Just look at their literal campaign against Nintendo's Fire Emblem.

Sorry LGBT people. I am not being a bigot when I say game developers should be able to choose whether to make their characters gay or not. Gameplay should come fucking first before politics, if you want your own LGBT simulator, you're more than welcome to make games that do focus on that.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’m happy to see in the Twitter replies there’s only a few idiots attacking the dev and a lot of people defending them. The dev seemed to stop replying after a few tweets so hopefully they continue to take everyone’s advice and just ignore Ree.

nush

I’m happy to see in the Twitter replies there’s only a few idiots attacking the dev and a lot of people defending them. The dev seemed to stop replying after a few tweets so hopefully they continue to take everyone’s advice and just ignore Ree.
Responding to Ree only sets them off even more and restarts the cycle. In 48 hours they'll have found so,etching else to Ree about other than a game they were not going to buy anyway.

With the way that thread is escalating I reached out to the Ion Fury developers to offer my services. I actually handle public relations incidents where I help manage and represent my clients in the best way possible.

After discussions with the developers, we are going to call a small press event to issue a statement similar to the way we handled it with another one of my clients:

Hosam6xavi

Banned
The funny thing is even Ree users acknowledge Resetera have a bad reputation over the internet.
The obvious response from the site: IMPOSSIBRU!

I wonder when the game industry will openly distance themself from that toxic community. Because they still believe they are the most important community online, and what is worse, many people still believe this.
I don't respect any industry personality who is still posting there

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Why is that thread on a random private chat up to 13 pages while the actual game OT is only at 10?

Oh I know why. Prepare for incoming harassment from the internet’s #1 cesspool of actual toxic gamers

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I watched the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.
love how a joke about a misunderstanding at a party or whatever inevitably gets turns into "questions my right to exist". like, no, you fucking paranoid dipshit, him not calling you the same pronoun is not the same as him saying you should be wiped off the face of the earth. you fucking idiot. get a life.

why do i always see this language? if i don't agree with you on bathroom privileged i am "questioning your right to exist". if i don't call you 100% the same as a biologically born women because you decided that's what you are i am "questioning your right to exist".

it's ridiculous. this is the ultimate in Opinion Control. like "if you don't have the correct opinion, you are threatening my existence?" that is absurd. to have your existence dependent on what a stranger calls you, that is utterly pathetic. have some self respect.

Last edited:

nush

How long until this is locked, already seen a ban bait post from Kyuuji.

decisions

lol I don't even know what to say about that Ion Fury thread. So this is all over the guy saying, "some SJWs are nuts" and that you shouldn't try and change your child's gender.

So let's assume these two things are wrong, then:

- No one has ever taken social leftist politics too far ever
- Children should have their gender changed because parents think they are trans, a permanently life-altering choice with potential for extreme catastrophe if the wrong call is made

Great. Well, glad ResetERA is keeping things in check for us. I wouldn't know how to think without them telling me how too.

But also, more importantly, why should this guy having these political opinions mean that anyone should go after his job or livelihood? This is the crucial disregard of free speech that I cannot understand or respect. Yes, legally, someone has the choice to not buy someone's game because of a political opinion, but the fact that someone would choose to do that shows a real lack of tolerance towards other people's opinions. It's sad and embarrassing IMO. Now, as far as the people calling him names and trying to get him fired, this is just unacceptable behavior. Anyone trying to do that is part of a big group of immature brats, and realizing this makes me increasingly sad that people in the industry give ERA the time of day.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So this is all over the guy saying, "some SJWs are nuts"
it's that "you're either with us or against us" mindset.

funny thing is, a lot of people believe in social justice that are getting shut out by these loudmouths.

these idiots are actually making things worse by constantly drawing lines in the sad.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
ERA members reading this, you are all insolent. How dare you harass the devs? Leave them alone, and never ever come back to this forum

They should be ashamed of themselves

This is getting woke enough (Or realizing, to not be too bad) which is good.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

They love some new video that basically calls anyone who doesn’t like the new SW movies “mentally ill.”

Yes, this is totally fine, normal behaviour, to rage against others for “not being true fans” and accuse them of having mental health issues, all because they don’t think exactly like you about a space movie.

So when do they decide when it’s ok or not to abuse the term “mentally ill”? Cos I’m getting whiplash here.

Last edited:

Ellis

This guy is too good for them.

HxoDRYU.png

He'll now get banned for having that happy family life. Godspeed, brother.

Davey Cakes

I love the "flip of a switch" that people did over Ion Fury.

"Game sounds incredible. Can't wait to play. So hyped for that 90's-era goodness!"

Trans thing comes up.

"BOYCOTT. HARASS THE DEVS. TEAR IT ALL DOWN."

And then there's the Hat in Time Switch thread where JonTron is immediately brought up. Won't buy. Can't buy. This racist dude has a line or two in the whole game. Unacceptable.

Let it fucking go.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Amazing how the game is even a straight up repudiation of patriarchal norms swapping Duke Nukem’s machismo for a confident ass kicking woman in fact giving them the very thing they want but no let’s constantly whine instead about some behind the scenes jokes jfc

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Amazing how the game is even a straight up repudiation of patriarchal norms swapping Duke Nukem’s machismo for a confident ass kicking woman in fact giving them the very thing they want but no let’s constantly whine instead about some behind the scenes jokes jfc

I'm fine with strong female leads, but there's no point in engaging with the extremists at REEEE. They'll never be satisfied with someone else's output, and they'll never go create something on their own that satisfies their demands.

Clarissa

Banned
We need to lock these Resetera people in a room and make them play Fallout 76 for the rest of their lives as punishment for spreading so much hate.

lmimmfn

Really surprised no one mentioned ban baits, probably not allowed to.
I still don't understand assholes like Kyuuji who just ban bait, what kind of sicko gets his jollies from that, lol, it's so stupid it's funny.

It does show that there are some normal folk there so even more surprising is the thread not getting locked as its dismissing the welcomed insanity there.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

I love the "flip of a switch" that people did over Ion Fury.

"Game sounds incredible. Can't wait to play. So hyped for that 90's-era goodness!"

Trans thing comes up.

"BOYCOTT. HARASS THE DEVS. TEAR IT ALL DOWN."

And then there's the Hat in Time Switch thread where JonTron is immediately brought up. Won't buy. Can't buy. This racist dude has a line or two in the whole game. Unacceptable.

Let it fucking go.
I wish i had so much time caring about such meaningless and pointless shit like most of the people there haha

Doczu

Translation: They might not want to apologize! Why the fuck won't they apologize? I WANT MY FUCKING APOLOGY YOU SHITHEADS! YOU THINK I MADE THIS THREAD TO START SOME SHIT AND DON'T GET MY DOPAMINE RUSH FROM YOUR APOLOGY? COME AT ME YOU FUCKERS, I WANT THAT APOLOGY SO THAT I CAN WRITE THAT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!

how do you post links so that they look like more than just a hyperlink?

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
how do you post links so that they look like more than just a hyperlink?

On the bar of options right above where you type your post, click on the icon that looks like a chain. Enter link, enter text, it'll format it as a hyperlink.

fatty

This guy is too good for them.

HxoDRYU.png

He'll now get banned for having that happy family life. Godspeed, brother.

Which thread is that from? It is such a good post...nothing from that post is remotely ban worthy yet let’s see what “reasoning” they pull for this upcoming ban.

Ol'Scratch

Maybe I am a monster or something but this is really turning into a big thing?

Ellis

Which thread is that from? It is such a good post...nothing from that post is remotely ban worthy yet let’s see what “reasoning” they pull for this upcoming ban.

brap

Banned
Imagine complaining that Katy Perry kissed you. Benjamin Glaze? More like Benjamin Gaze lmfao. Also the dude was 19. Saving your kiss for your first relationship? Come on now. I'm sure Katy didn't know you were some kissless virgin at 19.

JordanN

Banned

dLRMgcJ.png

It's not the first time he's used this word by the way, and in grotesque fashion.

9Jlx1bb.jpg

But remember, we still have Reset users signing up to call this website "Nazi", but when they have a moderator who openly calls other people the N-word, they turn a complete blind eye.

Maybe now, people can start to understand that I am not "racist" and that these people have their own agenda?

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
zv2RPx6.png

I have no idea what these people want. Not even the most hardcore Libertarian envisions a world without some sort of law enforcement.

A society without police officers instantly goes to shit. That doesn't mean I have to support wanting a Communist/Fascist police state, but I don't want the exact polar opposite either where everyone is free to kill and rob each other with no consequences.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
They don't want change. They want acceptance, they want to blame the world for their problems, and they want their agendas to be confirmed.

I am 100% convinced that deep down they actually want racism and bigotry. They act like they want it gone from this world, but I think they want more of it. Because more racism and bigotry means their rhetoric that the world sucks, is full of racists, fascists, and nazis is confirmed correct, and they can push their "everyone should be silenced, censored, and deplatformed" agenda, because they were picked on in high school and have waited years for vengeance on the world for wronging them.

And I'm honestly not kidding or being facetious when I say that. When you see how fired up these people get over anything they perceive as bigotry, racism, sexism, transphobia, etc, they are like a fucking starving dog pouncing on a nice juicy steak. There is nothing they crave more. Confirmation bias.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
ManixMiner has had enough of Resetera!

q4qVn3w.png

This Brit nearly survived 2 years of posting in the Reset asylum but it was just getting too much for him.

tHdCKCT.png

For the good of everyone's health, avoid driving right into Resetera!

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:

theekad

Banned
I wonder where all that nonsense ends.

Weak, feckless people IRL taking out their frustrations on basically faceless people on the internet seems like it has a very short shelf-life when 99% of the population disagrees with these morons and can just ignore them.

Are these ‘literal fascists’ actually going to end up with their hands on the real levers of power in government or business?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wonder where all that nonsense ends.

Weak, feckless people IRL taking out their frustrations on basically faceless people on the internet seems like it has a very short shelf-life when 99% of the population disagrees with these morons and can just ignore them.

Are these ‘literal fascists’ actually going to end up with their hands on the real levers of power in government or business?
I'm genuinely how curious these people would act in a face to face confrontation with the people they're constantly harassing.

So, in regards to the Ion Fury thread on Reset, those two initial screengrabs are the full extent of the evidence for transphobia? One is just a person questioning childhood transitioning, which is something most people (who are even aware of the concept) have a healthy skepticism of. The other is an extra mild meme that makes reference to transgenderism being a mental disorder. Is this really all they've got?

Here's the thing, In progressive circles there's a valid distinction some people will lay out between gender dysphoria (the psychological discomfort caused from the mismatch of mind and body) and being transgender itself (identifying differently than your biological sex). The way it's commonly understood is that the psychological discomfort causes the desire for that identification. So it understandably causes a bit of a confusion, for some people, to tease apart one term from the other. But there is a worthwhile distinction there, imo.

HOWEVER everyone and their mother who's being honest knows that people use the terms gender dysphoria and transgender interchangeably. Especially since so much of this language is really new in terms of the national dialogue. Let alone the fact that it's frequently changing. A modicum of charity in the reading of that meme would yield the understanding that it's referring to dysphoria -- the psychological discomfort -- as a mental illness and not simply the transgender identity itself as a mental illness.

In common parlance these terms VERY are often one and the same. And since it's not hateful or even inaccurate to describe gender dysphoria (again the psychological discomfort not the trans identity itself) as a mental illness, this is not some smoking gun gatcha for a charge of transphobia. Not even remotely. The fact that these dudes are so entrenched in the terminally woke bubble that they see it this way is amazing. Amazingly sad, that is.

Velcro Fly

I think I'm about done there honestly. I never quite felt a part of that place. I went there because activity went there. Now it's like you can't disagree with the over the top shit they react to or you get banned. I've been unhappy there for a while now and how people seem to be getting banned for every little thing. The all or nothing, with us or against us attitude about everything is exhausting. So many threads exist to accumulate affirmation of beliefs or outrage is ridiculous. There is no discussion of issues because if you don't toe the party line you get banned. I just can't anymore with a place that is 99% negativity and outrage. I'm just honestly tired of it.

Look at the Chapelle thread. First page or so is people excited he's doing something else. Then someone sets off the bomb and the entire thread devolves into trans rights stuff.

Ion Fury thread is the same thing. People seemed to enjoy the game and then boom here comes the other shoe dropping and oh well my ideological purity will not allow me to have any fun with this anymore and now I must make it so neither can you!

How do people live like this.

And it happens there over and over and over and over. Often times I can just ignore it but lately it is just impossible to ignore. So much stupid shit. Person who helped break the E3 stuff a week or two ago? Can't link to that. Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan? Can't talk about that.

Being there feels like I'm a teacher and people are constantly tattling to me what everyone is doing. At a certain point you just stop giving a fuck.

Now the turn the Ion Fury thread has taken is "why aren't news outlets picking this up" and "this is as bad as the 8chan AMA" and it's like whoa. It is a few people on a discord saying a few questionable things. You have no idea anything about these people beyond the provided screenshots. Let's slow down here a second.

And wasn't there just a huge shitstorm a week or two ago about harassing game devs? And yet here we go again...

I've seen a lot of shit on that website. I was there day one. It took a long time for me to see through a lot of the people there and what really is happening. I always felt like people were a little too quick to make something new and try to capitalize on people and the way they felt about GAF. It felt too easy that these people would just oh create a new place to go where the bad man can't hurt us anymore. It took the Etika situation and how that was handled to really open my eyes to how little people there give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Last edited:

Sorry dawg, she's a "Mrs.Male" character that reinforces the patriarchal idea that women can only be valued by acting more like men and climbing traditionally male dominance hierarchies. Still not good enough.

btw pls don't call out that I just implied kicking ass and being competent are inherently male traits. no mansplain, k thx.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I think I'm about done there honestly. I never quite felt a part of that place. I went there because activity went there. Now it's like you can't disagree with the over the top shit they react to or you get banned. I've been unhappy there for a while now and how people seem to be getting banned for every little thing. The all or nothing, with us or against us attitude about everything is exhausting. So many threads exist to accumulate affirmation of beliefs or outrage is ridiculous. There is no discussion of issues because if you don't toe the party line you get banned. I just can't anymore with a place that is 99% negativity and outrage. I'm just honestly tired of it.

Look at the Chapelle thread. First page or so is people excited he's doing something else. Then someone sets off the bomb and the entire thread devolves into trans rights stuff.

Ion Fury thread is the same thing. People seemed to enjoy the game and then boom here comes the other shoe dropping and oh well my ideological purity will not allow me to have any fun with this anymore and now I must make it so neither can you!

How do people live like this.

And it happens there over and over and over and over. Often times I can just ignore it but lately it is just impossible to ignore. So much stupid shit. Person who helped break the E3 stuff a week or two ago? Can't link to that. Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan? Can't talk about that.

Being there feels like I'm a teacher and people are constantly tattling to me what everyone is doing. At a certain point you just stop giving a fuck.

Now the turn the Ion Fury thread has taken is "why aren't news outlets picking this up" and "this is as bad as the 8chan AMA" and it's like whoa. It is a few people on a discord saying a few questionable things. You have no idea anything about these people beyond the provided screenshots. Let's slow down here a second.

And wasn't there just a huge shitstorm a week or two ago about harassing game devs? And yet here we go again...

I've seen a lot of shit on that website. I was there day one. It took a long time for me to see through a lot of the people there and what really is happening. I always felt like people were a little too quick to make something new and try to capitalize on people and the way they felt about GAF. It felt too easy that these people would just oh create a new place to go where the bad man can't hurt us anymore. It took the Etika situation and how that was handled to really open my eyes to how little people there give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Well, you're welcome to return to NeoGAF.

Last post in the state of NeoGAF thread really just rubbed me the wrong way. I was open to staying but that post just implied an us versus them mentality and I really just don't care for it.

This sort of thing is a two way street, silky. People were acting terribly and shitting all over the boards. I rather they left so we could start the process of rebuilding. I'm not going to pander or kowtow to an angry mob conducting a self-righteous witch hunt.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm genuinely how curious these people would act in a face to face confrontation with the people they're constantly harassing.

They avoid confrontations, it's why they do this shit online and in large groups they know will back their insanity. It's why you always see these "types" block people en masse who call out their bullshit on social media. They have no argument, can't handle it, and just want to live in an echochamber.

I mean a dude called for someone throwing shit at Colin Moriarty and when people ripped him for it, he played victim and started blocking them. They are all generally the same.

Last edited:

nush

They wanted to bury the pedo stuff on the Era Discord. But when someone else says something on another Discord.... SOUND THE ALARM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom