• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Then it’s a no brainer !

I love cross buy
I didn't know this existed. What other games have cross buy? I'll probably still buy most games on steam so as to not be locked on hardware, but it's nice to have a few that you can play on the go.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

hlm666

Figured I would just put this in here, some Pico 4 wrieless pcvr gameplay. The Pico could be a pretty good option for something cheaper than the pro to get the smaller form factor, interested to see some proper reviews when it launches.

Alexios

Last edited:

Romulus

Beta access for Jedi Outcast starts today for patreons

Apparently the full release is happening in the winter.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Beta access for Jedi Outcast starts today for patreons

Apparently the full release is happening in the winter.

They're a little heavier on the dismemberment than the original. I recall the occasional arms or legs coming off but I don't remember that many heads rolling. Still, it looks super fun.

Romulus

They're a little heavier on the dismemberment than the original. I recall the occasional arms or legs coming off but I don't remember that many heads rolling. Still, it looks super fun.

Yeah it has an options to turn it off or on in this port.

Would have been cool if they did it like that MGS Rising game and its cutting mechanics

ReBurn

Gold Member
Would have been cool if they did it like that MGS Rising game and its cutting mechanics
Disney's collective butthole would pucker so hard the company would turn inside out if a Star Wars game had that level of hack and slash.

I have a bad feeling Disney is going to shut these folks down.

Romulus

Disney's collective butthole would pucker so hard the company would turn inside out if a Star Wars game had that level of hack and slash.

I have a bad feeling Disney is going to shut these folks down.

Disney won't do anything. Owning a copy of the game is required to play so it will drive sales. Not only that, it's open source and the team is using existing mods that have been used on PC for years.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
I recall the occasional arms or legs coming off but I don't remember that many heads rolling. Still, it looks super fun.
There were console commands to have dismemberment all the time. that's how me and the boys played it all the time.

Lone Wolf

Bought a Quest 2 for daughter for Christmas. Any must have accessories i should get with it? Don’t know much about these things yet.

Bought a Quest 2 for daughter for Christmas. Any must have accessories i should get with it? Don’t know much about these things yet.
I have been able to enjoy mine quite a bit without any additional doodads. There are upgradable headstraps with additional battery and upgradable grips for better handling but I wouldn’t really consider that stuff unless your daughter is really playing it a lot.

Romulus

I just played the Jedi Outcast demo. Really impressive. Blocking the blaster bolts is alot better than that trailer makes it look. It feels like if you swat them back at the stormtroopers and time it right, it does more damage.

Resenge

I just played the Jedi Outcast demo. Really impressive. Blocking the blaster bolts is alot better than that trailer makes it look. It feels like if you swat them back at the stormtroopers and time it right, it does more damage.
I played a shit ton of Jedi knight 2/Jedi Academy back in the day but only multiplayer not single player. Can you play multiplayer with the mod?

I used to love some 1 on 1 duels, I guess it won't be the same in VR but would love to visit some of the old maps like Bespin.

Last edited:

Romulus

I played a shit ton of Jedi knight 2/Jedi Academy back in the day but only multiplayer not single player. Can you play multiplayer with the mod?

I used to love some 1 on 1 duels, I guess it won't be the same in VR but would love to visit some of the old maps like Bespin.

They are working on MP. This is just the 3rd week of development so the demo was just to test singleplayer with the lightsaber. They've got that working pretty much flawlessly and it runs like a dream. Dr. Beef's team is doing it, and they've done some of the best VR ports I've ever seen by a large margin. Their Doom 3 port on Quest is just incredible. Not to mention, they're already experts with the Quest 2 hardware and the Quake 3 engine(which jedi outcast runs on)

Heck yeah man, duels at the pad on Bespin. That game was really special, people would just hang out all day like a virtual chat room but there was also a great game to play which is something dedicated social experiences are often lacking.

Resenge

Heck yeah man, duels at the pad on Bespin. That game was really special, people would just hang out all day like a virtual chat room but there was also a great game to play which is something dedicated social experiences are often lacking.
Hah yea. met some great personalities during those days. Had some fun clan v clan battles too.

Alexios

Facebook Connect main keynote is live. Only in Horizon Worlds or the Reality Labs Facebook page (officially). I hope the game videos make up for the rest of it.

Last edited:

Alexios

So far so good I guess, good to see most of it is already confirmed to not be just Quest only - and if a Rift S version is available then it's probably going to be on all the usual PC stores eventually as pretty much nobody uses that any more (I'll keep editing this for the rest until no more media fit):

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
1800 fucking euro and still uses LCD....

But hey. IT CAPTURES YOUR EXPRESSION.
fuck right off

Last edited:

Alexios

fuck right off
Well they gear it more to professionals and developers. It has some pretty cool stuff like the controllers having their own tracking rather than relying on just the HMD cameras and of course eye tracking. Hopefully the tech trickles down to affordable kits sooner rather than later. Come on Pico ;)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well they gear it more to professionals and developers. It has some pretty cool stuff like the controllers having their own tracking rather than relying on just the HMD cameras and of course eye tracking. Hopefully the tech trickles down to affordable kits sooner rather than later. Come on Pico ;)
1800 euro without controllers.
fuck them right in the ears.
I am waiting for psvr2

edit: CONTROLLERS ARE INCLUDED. MY MISTAKE

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Everything so expensive these days
But You can be on the same teams call... but in a more fucking anoying way. Only for 1800 euro.
Like seriously.
The prices of stuff these days. I am broke ass and I am the best earning person in my family lol

Alexios

Some developers already advertising features geared to Pro (ok you can have pass through on the Quest 2 but it's shit in comparison, let's be real). I wonder if it will be worth it, the success of Meta VR hardware and the software on the store is because of the affordable models, not that.

I suppose the next non Pro model will have color passthrough as well and if it comes soonish this is practice for it as well though. But on the other hand hopefully Quest 2 won't feel outdated very soon for its owners, buying 2x cheap in a row isn't exactly very different to 1 expensive one.

Of course "content creators" will get the thing, eventually maybe you won't even be able to find videos of software on the device most people actually own and that will just suck, as will seeing all the hype and PR being based on things you can't have at home if you don't splurge majorly.

Watching the rest of the keynote they have some nice software in the works, considering they will see widespread use eventually and not just be a Facebook thing it's nice to see things about the avatars and body movement, with or without additional hardware, tracked or generated, etc...

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
[/URL]

fuck right off
I can't sink that much money right now, but I could see this being excellent for AR productivity. I've tried working in VR before (multiple large screens laid out in a virtual room, very cool experience) but AR is much better for it, and this device seems optimized in that direction.

Top Bottom