• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Connect 4 Discussion Thread

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Do we have a thread for Oculus friends or VR friends or Anything? With all this exciting news, I'd like to make some friends that have VR. I'd appreciate any info, as I am not to computer savvy, but I have a really good PC my son built (i7-7700k/ 16GB/ GTX1080 FTW2), at least he said it is really good.

Anyway, I don't really know how to make friends on PC as I'm a single player type gamer. I thought maybe we could make a thread if we don't have one. Thanks in advance for any info.

Lakuza

Do we have a thread for Oculus friends or VR friends or Anything? With all this exciting news, I'd like to make some friends that have VR. I'd appreciate any info, as I am not to computer savvy, but I have a really good PC my son built (i7-7700k/ 16GB/ GTX1080 FTW2), at least he said it is really good.

Anyway, I don't really know how to make friends on PC as I'm a single player type gamer. I thought maybe we could make a thread if we don't have one. Thanks in advance for any info.
PC VR games thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409109&page=28

stoke1863

Occulus studio games have such great polish i really want them to open up their store to other HMD's so everyone can try them.

Lakuza

same, I got distracted during this interview whilst reading threads so no idea what i missed.

Hopefully there are more announcements for games during these 2 days from devs.
last year they announced around 6 new ips/games but so far we only have Coco VR, a 2019 game from respawn and a bladerunner game or experience. The rest are expansions(good ones though) and games we can already play on steamvr.

Overall though theres been some good announcements, really looking forward to to Rift Core 2.0 update :)

Plasma

Banned
The Blade Runner thing isn't even a new announcement either I don't think. I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned that they were making it and bringing it to mobile first and the consoles/PC later.

Lakuza

The Blade Runner thing isn't even a new announcement either I don't think. I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned that they were making it and bringing it to mobile first and the consoles/PC later.

There was a bladerunner experience that was released on gear vr in the face your fears app recently. Maybe you're getting it confused with that? It was an on-rails flying car chase.

Ionic

Hoo boy I feel like a Facebook convention should not try to bring up the looming possibility of fake news in VR.

HyGogg

Banned
Really disappointed at the lack of any real 2018 game announcments. 2017 was unbelievably great as far as first party Oculus released but 2018 seems like Marvel... and... "potential?" What? Lone Echo 2 and Respawn project are very exciting but I don't think we're going to see those in 2018.

Unspoken SP is exciting though. Really liked that game, but I get bored of multi.

Ionic

Windlands 2 got announced just recently during the conference it looks like. I really enjoyed the first, but I won't say I'm not more than a little miffed this is gonna be a timed exclusive. I'm also worried about what looks like a focus on multiplayer, shooting enemies, and standing still. I liked the original's laser-like focus on good platforming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUPC6BLJAs

Might as well. No need to rush to market right now since it's not moving that fast to begin with. Take the time to get it right.

Problem is there will be a bunch of competing headsets with the same features by the time their gen two drops. Pimax is already working on their 8k - 4k x 2 headsets with modular upgrades that includes inside out tracking, eye tracking, and wireless.

I don't see anything here about a Rift 2.0. It appears Santa Cruz is not a replacement. Does the Santa Cruz need a computer or Phone and can it play all the existing Oculus home games. Is there a new wireless Rift with a higher resolution incoming?

Lakuza

Windlands 2 got announced just recently during the conference it looks like. I really enjoyed the first, but I won't say I'm not more than a little miffed this is gonna be a timed exclusive. I'm also worried about what looks like a focus on multiplayer, shooting enemies, and standing still. I liked the original's laser-like focus on good platforming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUPC6BLJAs

Thanks, added this to op under announcements :)

Thanks, added this to op too :D

I don't see anything here about a Rift 2.0. It appears Santa Cruz is not a replacement. Does the Santa Cruz need a computer or Phone and can it play all the existing Oculus home games. Is there a new wireless Rift with a higher resolution incoming?

its not a replacement for Rift. Check the op for more details but its a standalone headset that is weaker than the rift (& better than oculus Go) but offers wireless vr with 6DoF motion controls. For now Rift is the only PC headset from oculus which falls in line with what they were saying a few months ago that the rift will not be replaced any time soon.

They were boasting about how none of the other wireless headsets have 6DoF as they use 3DoF during the keynote. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Really disappointed at the lack of any real 2018 game announcments. 2017 was unbelievably great as far as first party Oculus released but 2018 seems like Marvel... and... "potential?" What? Lone Echo 2 and Respawn project are very exciting but I don't think we're going to see those in 2018.

Unspoken SP is exciting though. Really liked that game, but I get bored of multi.

We still have 2 days of potential announcements but I do agree that the lack of new ip or games during the keynote was a letdown compared to the killer lineup at last years conference.

This year they are concentrating on increasing the mass-market for VR rather than creating a new niche high end. Santa Cruz (from everything they’ve said) is basically an Oculus Go with motion tracking and motion-tracked controllers, it isn’t something that can run PC games.

Top Bottom