• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Connect 4 Discussion Thread

Wollan

So are they basically admitting up front that Santa Cruz tracking will not be as good as Rift?
No, not at all. Since the camera tracking is moving with you as a person, anywhere, and the tracking radius is huge (going behind your head even) you are basically walking in endless tracking volume.

RRockman

Banned
51bvIKhT3xL.jpg

I was coming to make this joke, but you got me beat.

Ionic

Avatars being usable on Steam is probably the first platform inclusive decision I've ever heard Oculus make. I wonder if they'll go further with that.

Bookoo

Interesting that the oculus avatar will be able to work cross platform. It would be awesome if they opened the store for other headsets.

Lakuza

2 dev tools released:
  • lost frame capture - shows where fps drops occur
  • multiview - boosts framerate

new avatars announced. More options, custom clothing, cross platform

Plasma

Banned
Heh if they make an actual virtual game store that you can pick up games from a shelf and look at box art that would be pretty neat.

Lakuza

explore api is already on gear vr, good to see it coming to rift too.
live streaming features coming to rift next year

Lakuza

quill art in facebook spaces is a good idea.
Would be nice if they do they same for AnimVR too.

EDIT: didn't realise quill allows for animations :O

Bookoo

About ~2 billion last I heard.

And they can eventually expand this tech outward to their other popular things such as instagram.

Spaces is actually really neat, but it was just super limited in its current state so this news is pretty cool.

Top Bottom