• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Connect 4 Discussion Thread

Lakuza

So their new lenses are "apparently" solving screen door effect.

Oculus Go is binary compatibale with gear vr. Uses same apps and motion inputs.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
ok your going to have to explain this to me...
WItcher 3 is my fav game ever.

When I got my Z270 Gaming M5 motherboard, there was a software download for TriDef. It is software for the Rift and Vise that makes games 3D. Almost like when you have your Virtual Desktop and you can change the Depth Size and all that. I don't think you have to have an MS I motherboard either.

Anyway, you download and install and it will find all your games that it supports. If it doesn't you can add them and if they support it, it will work. If not, it is just regular, like you can play on a 100 inch TV and stuff. I enjoy it very much.

Tain

The thought that I could have a $200 "VR Console" that can potentially run my game with no external setup is pretty exciting.

Subbed for this one. I have a PSVR and a Rift and I have been using my Rift with Tridef playing games like Witchern3 in 3D. It is FricKen ridiculous and fun. Has anyone else used TriDef?

No.

The thought of playing any none "made for VR" games in my headset upsets me quite a bit. The resolution just isn't there.

spad3

51bvIKhT3xL.jpg

Bookoo

So their new lenses are "apparently" solving screen door effect.

Oculus Go is binary compatibale with gear vr. Uses same apps and motion inputs.

I think their new lenses are solving the God Rays glare that occurs not necessarily the SDE.

Tain

I tuned in late, did I mix up Go and Santa Cruz?

Does Go have motion tracked hand controllers? Or was the footage of people dancing Santa Cruz?

Wollan

Guess they are waiting to update the desktop PC version until it's both wireless and w/inside-out tracking as well.

Guess they are waiting to update the desktop PC version until it's both wireless and w/inside-out tracking as well.

Might as well. No need to rush to market right now since it's not moving that fast to begin with. Take the time to get it right.

Lakuza

I tuned in late, did I mix up Go and Santa Cruz?

Does Go have motion tracked hand controllers? Or was the footage of people dancing Santa Cruz?

the people dancing with controllers was santa cruz.

oculus go is more in line gear vr without a phone.

Tajaz2426

No.

The thought of playing any none "made for VR" games in my headset upsets me quite a bit. The resolution just isn't there.

They aren't made to be VR, it just makes the game 3D. Just like watching a 3D movie, from what I have experienced it is pretty cool. I just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone interested in that sort of thing. The software is actually pretty good.

Bookoo

Might as well. No need to rush to market right now since it's not moving that fast to begin with. Take the time to get it right.

Yea nothing is really coming to market within the next year that is wildly better. I want Gen 2 to be a big upgrade and not just some incremental upgrade.

Josman

This will be great for expanding the audience of decent quality VR, I'm curious to compare this one to my Rift.

Subbed for this one. I have a PSVR and a Rift and I have been using my Rift with Tridef playing games like Witchern3 in 3D. It is FricKen ridiculous and fun. Has anyone else used TriDef?

My man, I've been looking for something like this. So, I know it's off-topic but is it the same buying the normal TriDef 3D and running through Virtual Desktop as buying TriDef VR? I ask because the price of the later is monthly which is annoying.

Wollan

They removed the thumb-sticks from the Santa Cruz controllers, now trackpad... big mistake. Several genres will now be subpar (see Vive).

stoke1863

im not sure if making more expensive controllers is going to work out, going to split user base too much.

then we will have games that need to support

Xbox one controller, Touch and another controller...+

Also NO THUMB STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you doing!

Tajaz2426

This will be great for expanding the audience of decent quality VR, I'm curious to compare this one to my Rift.

My man, I've been looking for something like this. So, I know it's off-topic but is it the same buying the normal TriDef 3D and running through Virtual Desktop as buying TriDef VR? I ask because the price of the later is monthly which is annoying.

To be honest I'm not sure, I have 3 months for free, so I would assume that it is monthly. I don't know if you can be it outright. Sorry.

On topic: a permanent price drop of 399 is great. Hopefully it will get a lot more folks involved with VR.

Bookoo

Looks like Sata Cruz might be the new Rift?

Its just another product range.

Gear VR (3 DOF Mobile) ---- Oculus Go (3 DOF - Mobile Standalone) -----Santa Cruz (6 DOF - Mobile(?) Standalone) ----- Rift (PC).

I think they will build the inside out tracking into Rift, but possibly have to keep the wire for better games unless they build in some wireless transmission system from the PC.

Bsigg12

im not sure if making more expensive controllers is going to work out, going to split user base too much.

Huh? These will only be for Project Santa Cruz, not the current Rift.

Lighthouse still better tracking technology.

Wireless, sensorless VR is best. Getting away from being tethered and reliant additional sensors or stations is massive.

They removed the thumb-sticks from the Santa Cruz controllers, now trackpad... big mistake. Several genres will now be subpar (see Vive).

Santa Cruz and Go are probably more about applications/social stuff than the Rift. Touchpads probably have more UI utility. I could be wrong though. Just keep them on the new Rift when that comes out.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So the future of VR is standalone huh? Can't wait to strap a ps4 to my head...

Also, trackpads need to die in a fire.

Lakuza

I've made it clear in op that project santa cruz is weaker than rift, but stronger than oculus go.

Rift will still be the primary headset

Top Bottom