• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler, Empire of Sin, Undertale, Yakuza 6 Coming to GamePass

TLZ

Banned
I think the addition of achievements may put me over the edge here.
I'm very surprised Octopath is on there! I bought it on Switch and haven't played it yet. So now achievements would definitely entice me.

I wonder if the resolution is better. I sure hope so.

lachesis

At this pace, many of these games will get delisted before I even get to play them.
Never really considered that when I joined the GamePass last November LOL...

GHG

Gold Member
To be honest, i had to laugh at some of the poeple who replied to that 'Only reply if you own both XSX and PS5' thread, including the Microsoft hater above who apparently owns a XSX. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Believe it or not there are some people who think that owning both consoles automatically makes them completely unbiased and a true gamer™.

Unfortunately for them it's quite easy to see through the bullshit.

On that note, tomorrow I will buy myself an Xbox so that I can finally convince CatLady CatLady to have my babies.

Stuart360

Believe it or not there are some people who think that owning both consoles automatically makes them completely unbiased and a true gamer™.

Unfortunately for them it's quite easy to see through the bullshit.

On that note, tomorrow I will buy myself an Xbox so that I can finally convince CatLady CatLady to have my babies.
2 or 3 people who replied to that thread are some of the biggest bitter Sony fans on this forum, i would literally bet my little finger if it was stuck in a cigar cutter that they dont own it. One of them even said he bought the XSX to take pity on it lol.

GHG

Gold Member
2 or 3 people who replied to that thread are some of the biggest bitter Sony fans on this forum, i would literally bet my little finger if it was stuck in a cigar cutter that they dont own it. One of them even said he bought the XSX to take pity on it lol.

It goes the other way as well unfortunately.

Honestly I don't know why people waste their money buying something they obviously don't like or don't really want to have.

DaGwaphics

A moment of silence for a fallen soldier.

Fun Rip GIF by Barstool Sports

See you in a month @Cherry Sonoshee

Exentryk

Great to see SE games coming to Gamepass. For Octopath though I prefer to own it since I like to be able to play it anytime and also have my saves. Might buy it on Steam in the future (I've played it on Switch already).

Wow then there's no excuse anymore on not playing Octopath.

Consider playing if you like even a little bit of JRPG. Also it managed to snag my soundtrack of the year award when it came out.

Shit is it too good, I just love breaking the game for the most part.

It was designed to have you break it, and I love it for it. Bosses can take 30 minutes, or a single turn.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Finally a great month.

And Octopath is the huge get here. It opens the possibility for the next title coming to Xbox too: Project Triangle Strategy.
2 years after it's on switch and a year after it's on steam maybe

Last edited:

eNT1TY

I don't know why i brain farted but despite obviously reading Octopath Traveler my mind saw it as Bravely Default 2 and got excited for nothing.

MagnesG

Banned
Finally a great month.

And Octopath is the huge get here. It opens the possibility for the next title coming to Xbox too: Project Triangle Strategy.
Or people could just get the demo and gives feedback.

Octopath became that good on QoL etc due to massive playtesters from the Switch fanbase giving feedback for its demo.

EDMIX

Octopath Traveller Xbox ???? Was that even announced as existing?

Edit : also reminder to everyone that Pillars of Eternity 2 is fantastic especially on PC.

Not to my understanding. The fact that it states "console" could really be a mistake but I doubt it.

Can't wait to see what Square does next with that concept as I felt it should have always been on multiple systems from the jump.

Trogdor1123 Trogdor1123 Likely coming to PS4/PS5. Like......very likely.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Not to my understanding. The fact that it states "console" could really be a mistake but I doubt it.

Can't wait to see what Square does next with that concept as I felt it should have always been on multiple systems from the jump.

Trogdor1123 Trogdor1123 Likely coming to PS4/PS5. Like......very likely.
I hope so, would love to play through on ps5

EDMIX

It makes you womder if Microsoft have some kind of deal going on with Square Enix. Outriders launching on Gamepass day and date, and Octopath coming out of the blue.

Likely. Because of how poorly JRPGs sell on XB compared to Nintendo and PlayStation , its more then likely MS has a deal with them. I didn't know they had a deal for that Outriders game. I feel its a fail incoming and I'm avoiding it. (could be wrong, that shit could be the next Destiny lol)

MS is doing massive things to get that Gamepass money. They are literally supporting GamePass BETTER then the actual XB console.... They moving mountains to get them subs lol

ManaByte

Gold Member
Likely. Because of how poorly JRPGs sell on XB compared to Nintendo and PlayStation , its more then likely MS has a deal with them. I didn't know they had a deal for that Outriders game. I feel its a fail incoming and I'm avoiding it. (could be wrong, that shit could be the next Destiny lol)

MS is doing massive things to get that Gamepass money. They are literally supporting GamePass BETTER then the actual XB console.... They moving mountains to get them subs lol

MS has had a GamePass arrangement with SE for a while. Octopath and Outriders are far from the first SE games on GamePass.

Stuart360

Well i'm sure Octopath will be launching on the console too, i wouldnt of thought it would be exclusive to Gamepass.
Plus i'm sure supporting Gamepass is supporting the console too, in these dry times for exclusives.

EDMIX

Well i'm sure Octopath will be launching on the console too, i wouldnt of thought it would be exclusive to Gamepass.
Plus i'm sure supporting Gamepass is supporting the console too, in these dry times for exclusives.

True, I can see how that still helps those who own XB simply to play games they bought vs rent. I'd be even willing to argue for those types of gamers, GamePass is the best thing to even happen for them. Until MS starts doing some gamepass exclusive stuff where its rental-stream only or something, it will be a massive benefit to those gamers who still enjoy buying their content the traditional way.

They wouldn't have had Octopath on XB without gamepass as I'm more then positive MS had more of a hand in getting Square to bring it over, then Square just bring it over just for lolz.

MS has had a GamePass arrangement with SE for a while. Octopath and Outriders are far from the first SE games on GamePass.

I didn't know that, its hard to keep track of all these deals lol. I know of the Call Of Duty deal with Sony and Assassins Creed marketing stuff with MS, the rest of those deals i forget even exist lol

ManaByte

Gold Member
True, I can see how that still helps those who own XB simply to play games they bought vs rent. I'd be even willing to argue for those types of gamers, GamePass is the best thing to even happen for them. Until MS starts doing some gamepass exclusive stuff where its rental-stream only or something, it will be a massive benefit to those gamers who still enjoy buying their content the traditional way.

They wouldn't have had Octopath on XB without gamepass as I'm more then positive MS had more of a hand in getting Square to bring it over, then Square just bring it over just for lolz.

I didn't know that, its hard to keep track of all these deals lol. I know of the Call Of Duty deal with Sony and Assassins Creed marketing stuff with MS, the rest of those deals i forget even exist lol

GamePass has had DQXI, Kingdom Hearts, and a couple of the FF games for a while now.

Mmnow

For anyone put off by Nier on PC, it's a brand new port of the Xbox As Gods edition.

Hearing really good things about its performance, which is impressive considering you needed a mod on the original.

Chukhopops

MS fans flipping out over years old games because you can rent them now.
Two days later when Sony gives old games:
That is dope. Will gladly take Abzu and the Witness thank you. My as well scoop the rest.

I bought Horizon physical, and I promise I finish playing through it before the sequel comes out! Just need to wait for the PS5 update. It really deserves all the acclaim and is worth trying if you are considering!
Who Cares The Office GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Assuming that you would same thing about ps+ collection

True, you do not own them fully either way.

In the PS+ Collection’s case though you are sure the titles will not leave (not just first party titles which yes are sure not to leave GPU either) and PS+ is cheaper than GPU subscription to subscription.
Still yes, you have a point: PS+ Collection + monthly games are a step in a similar direction (older games / back catalogue wise at least). I do not see any level of hyperbolic praise for PS+ Collection though.

This should not be confused for the 10-11 games they are giving out for the Play At Home 2021 initiative.

Last edited:
Top Bottom